PDA

View Full Version : Unrewarding time in the caves, drop rates horrible, gold sink.

Azicader
01-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Dear Mod or developer,

I play this game a lot, I love this game but the sheer low drops and gold sink the Shadow caves have are now driving me crazy. I ran that area all day today, 45 times . and got one.. one glowstick.. all the other times orangex also white and grey. after waisting over a 190k we stopped. It was not worth it, the pinks are almost nonexistent.. more and more i fear am feel this way, especially against the witch... It's fun but -extremely- unrewarding to play this series of areas.. can you please undo the last drop rate change, thanks.

This is only my opinion, if anyone wants to agree or disagree feel free.

again thanks for developing this game but shadow caves really turn me away because you get nothing good.

Junside
01-14-2011, 11:20 PM
See, someone said a few days ago that the drop rate was too high. It may have seemed a bit true, but not to more casual players. Some people thought they spoke as representation of the entirety of the game population.

Refriedchicken
01-14-2011, 11:22 PM
You got a drop, why are you complaining?

They're looking to make these items rare, desirable, and pricey, not cheap, easily obtained, and common.

Kujen
01-14-2011, 11:34 PM
They're already common - in the CS. The changes they made were extreme but a bit late IMO. Quite a few people already have multiple sets and stand to make millions, while others like the OP here have to do it 45 times to get one item. The caves are fun, but it is kind of unrewarding to do all that to get something that everyone already has.

Azicader
01-14-2011, 11:39 PM
the other option which I find others are doing is farming gold and selling pinks. no one wants to do the caves to have such a low rate. It is pretty much the lottery now.. course I really like my glowstick but the fact people have eight sets, and I have been shown to my hard earned 44 times wasting money is very much a let down.

Agularra
01-15-2011, 12:08 AM
I'm in a lot of agreement, my biggest issue isn't that they wanna make things rare I'm fine with that. However the amount of gold u spend is outrageous by buying potions and elixir. Even the non bosses are hard to beat in the caves. The witch is ridiculous to beat. Point is you still have to have good players to beat the caves. You can't just get 5 lvl 50 of anyone and go through it. So the fact that it is that hard the drops should be a little more frequent. I don't even go there now its a waste of gold for me. Either way love Pocket Legends and to me this is only a minor complaint.

Pandamoni
01-15-2011, 12:19 AM
I don't have a ton of gold and spent about 50K in the caves on pots the other night. I haven't been back and unless I'm with a really good team I won't go back. I agree that gold sink is a perfect description. Fortunately I am still having fun in other areas but it was a bit disappointing nonetheless.

(I could have more gold but I don't always keep my auction slot full and I often go around giving good drops and pinks to other players since other players have done the same for me, which is one of the things that really drew me in...the friendly community)

Lesrider
01-15-2011, 12:35 AM
See, someone said a few days ago that the drop rate was too high. It may have seemed a bit true, but not to more casual players. Some people thought they spoke as representation of the entirety of the game population.

Just because the drop rate is too low now, doesn't mean the 100% drop rate was right either. They need to find a happy medium. So far we've only seen the two extremes.

Cabero
01-15-2011, 01:08 AM
lol sorry I got you so work up in game Azi :o but give them hell ;)

Cabero
01-15-2011, 01:13 AM
You got a drop, why are you complaining?

They're looking to make these items rare, desirable, and pricey, not cheap, easily obtained, and common.

I personally think there should had a rollback since most of the people that complained about the high drop rate had stock piles of the gear then was able to make huge profits from selling their stock piles once the drop rate got lowered. The would have made it fair for everyone.

Now we got some people bragging in town about how they have huge stock piles and getting rich because of the update.

Ellyidol
01-15-2011, 01:46 AM
It's true, the drop rate really is low. Though thats from actually getting a rare drop point of view, its still quite fun to actually play with friends. I did get two pinks yesterday, two Fate pieces. Yes Fate, not Hate, which i found weird.

It's one of those updates where the ones who catch it have everything to gain. (for DD players, maybe like iOS Ogre Crush glitch). And to be honest I don't really see the existing shadow sets running out from the CS unless we see more and more inflow of new players, which I've noticed, maybe, stabilise since after android release.

What I can say is probably just look forward to the next content update, when it will make all these shadow stuff practically useless. Assuming they do a good job with the new content. Think they will.

thugimmortal
01-15-2011, 09:45 AM
I agree the caves are not very good now. im not going to run it 45 times for one pink. I think the only players who moaned about the drop rate were the farmers AFTER they stock piled all the new gear. i got all three sets while the drop rate was good not to sell but to to use on my avatars since the rift cosmos wraith is far too expencive. i loved the caves it was fresh and a challenge with good rewards. now its almost impossible when you get two witches in the same room one was enough and what do you get for your trouble an orange. it would have been better to keep 100 % drop but for one person per boss and if that player who got the pink on that boss should be ruled out from getting one from the next boss so it would be fair 5 stages 5 bosses 5 pinks 5 players at least. i wont be going into the caves until they do something to reward the hard work im disapointed about all this as i love this game play it all day every day. just cant please some people theres gonna be more new sets when the new campains come out wich you will pay for so why everyone moaned about the free caves is beyond me. its only a game stuff the auction crash its not like your losing real money come on its pathetic.

Riccits
01-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Dear Mod or developer,

I play this game a lot, I love this game but the sheer low drops and gold sink the Shadow caves have are now driving me crazy. I ran that area all day today, 45 times . and got one.. one glowstick.. all the other times orangex also white and grey. after waisting over a 190k we stopped. It was not worth it, the pinks are almost nonexistent.. more and more i fear am feel this way, especially against the witch... It's fun but -extremely- unrewarding to play this series of areas.. can you please undo the last drop rate change, thanks.

This is only my opinion, if anyone wants to agree or disagree feel free.

again thanks for developing this game but shadow caves really turn me away because you get nothing good.

grats for the pink! :D

Lesrider
01-15-2011, 10:39 AM
I did exactly what you did -- got just enough thenfirst night for my chars (well, my pally and bear have to share Hate). I didn't buy anything extra, and I'm actually missing a few weapons I didn't bother getting. While I agree the drop rate is too low now, I still hold by the 100% drop rate being too high.
As for 100% drop rate for one person and then he can't get anything on the next round -- you know that person will leave the second he gets that pink, unless he's a decent enough person to stick around for the others (more likely if they're his friends, I guess).

I agree the caves are not very good now. im not going to run it 45 times for one pink. I think the only players who moaned about the drop rate were the farmers AFTER they stock piled all the new gear. i got all three sets while the drop rate was good not to sell but to to use on my avatars since the rift cosmos wraith is far too expencive. i loved the caves it was fresh and a challenge with good rewards. now its almost impossible when you get two witches in the same room one was enough and what do you get for your trouble an orange. it would have been better to keep 100 % drop but for one person per boss and if that player who got the pink on that boss should be ruled out from getting one from the next boss so it would be fair 5 stages 5 bosses 5 pinks 5 players at least. i wont be going into the caves until they do something to reward the hard work im disapointed about all this as i love this game play it all day every day. just cant please some people theres gonna be more new sets when the new campains come out wich you will pay for so why everyone moaned about the free caves is beyond me. its only a game stuff the auction crash its not like your losing real money come on its pathetic.

Refriedchicken
01-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Cabero, stop complaining and quit if you don't like the way it is. ^_^;

There will be no rollback.

thugimmortal
01-15-2011, 10:54 AM
I did exactly what you did -- got just enough thenfirst night for my chars (well, my pally and bear have to share Hate). I didn't buy anything extra, and I'm actually missing a few weapons I didn't bother getting. While I agree the drop rate is too low now, I still hold by the 100% drop rate being too high.
As for 100% drop rate for one person and then he can't get anything on the next round -- you know that person will leave the second he gets that pink, unless he's a decent enough person to stick around for the others (more likely if they're his friends, I guess).

Yeah i agree that the person would leave so why not impose a timescale on that player so he couldnt get another pink on that stage until after a certain time. and yeah my dex mage shares shadow and death too.

Lesrider
01-15-2011, 10:57 AM
I just don't think all these complicated ideas are necessary. They simply went from one extreme to the other, and now need to find a happy medium. From the sound of it, drop rate is close to 0% -- so increase it to 5-10% maybe? I dunno how that would turn out -- just throwing out random numbers.

Refriedchicken
01-15-2011, 10:59 AM
I believe the drop rate is around 3%.

I like the way it is, that means there will be some equipment not ANYONE can have.

I saw two drops in about 10 cave runs, I honestly don't think they need to be changed much.

Considering 3 bosses spawn on the second, and fourth cave, I think it's plenty fair.

People also complain that they are now too challenging, I've never died to any boss while on Bear, it just takes a decent tank. Don't cry because your group was too weak to kill. :/

Set up your group properly, two mages, a bird, and a GOOD bear.

Riccits
01-15-2011, 11:22 AM
I believe the drop rate is around 3%.

I like the way it is, that means there will be some equipment not ANYONE can have.

I saw two drops in about 10 cave runs, I honestly don't think they need to be changed much.

Considering 3 bosses spawn on the second, and fourth cave, I think it's plenty fair.

People also complain that they are now too challenging, I've never died to any boss while on Bear, it just takes a decent tank. Don't cry because your group was too weak to kill. :/

Set up your group properly, two mages, a bird, and a GOOD bear.

2 drops in 10 runs would be enough for elite... but since we are all plenty of that stuff isnt worth it to do atm...

Azicader
01-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Refried, I just got done reading a post you made saying you made 6M off the shadow items. Really, I bet you would be rather annoyed if you put all that time in the 45 runs I made and came up with one. Don't talk, of course you want the drops the same because you, are in fact, set up for this game with six million. Also pal, I am sick, college is still on break and unemployed. I have plenty of time on my hands to do 45 runs, don't even try to defend yourself.

I already know you just don't want everyone else making money and have that elitist attitude which amuses me. Six million. Right? You do know their is a pre-set amount of rarest until they are gone right? Come on Guy, before you talk take into effect you just smacked the community with that brag of having multiple sets and making six mill. Lol, that is really pathetic Refriedchicken.

Refriedchicken
01-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Dude, I don't see what's pathetic, really.

I saw the changes coming, stockpiled the gear, made money, and still have tons more to make on my remaining hoarded pile.

I'm sorry I tend to merchant items when I see the opportunity? I'm sorry that it's a rare drop? -.-

I've never gotten a decent pink drop since being level 50, EASILY over 200+ Victory Lap runs, I got a Screaming Skull Shield when I was level 40something, that's it. I don't make threads saying the drop rate should be lowered, I made money elsewhere.

Refriedchicken
01-15-2011, 06:34 PM
PS: I never said anything about the trash drops being bad. I agree that they should raise the green rate for liquidation gold, but that's about it.

I love the same people who bashed me and Les for wanting these changes are now complaining.

I have four letters for you guys if you don't like the way the game is:

QUIT

=]

Lesrider
01-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Please stop including me in all your posts. I think you're going overboard with this. Be happy you got your stockpile and stop announcing it every five minutes. That's probably what's pissing everyone off.

And of course the people who didn't want the drop rates lowered before are going to want them raised now. That's logical. Why would you find that strange?

Refriedchicken
01-15-2011, 06:40 PM
I said that in response to him complaining about me taking up on the opportunity.

To be perfectly honest, it wouldn't change me even SLIGHTLY if -everyone- on this game hated me, wouldn't change what I do at -all-.

I group with the same people, I make my own groups, I rarely play, lol.

MMO friends don't mean anything to me, I don't hold grudges on a MMO forum, if you do, you're a child.

I'm just referring to the previous thread. You were about the only other one who had some decent points (other people agreed, but didn't have any other valid points)

I didn't say it was strange, I said I loved it. Cute how when the shoe is on the other foot, it's the EXACT same thing from the EXACT same people who told us to quit.(Just the polar opposite argument)

drewcapu
01-15-2011, 06:53 PM
I don't mind the drop rate.
But I do mind the junk drops.
For caves, the bosses and mini-bosses should drop greens and purples, minimum.
Even Vyx drops better junk. lol
The gold/drops from mobs could probably be tweaked up a little bit too.
You shouldn't be left with less after an epic Caves run ;)

At this point, it's more efficient / faster for me to just gold/pot farm and buy any items I need (which I'm doing for the old void/rift/cosmos sets right now).

Azicader
01-15-2011, 07:01 PM
As I stated, Elitist. You are still bragging about your fortune and stockpile, though as I said if you were like the many going broke trying to get at least one pink, you would be complaining too.
The drop rates should be increased, I've still -yet- to see a shadow drop a pink. Well one dropped a rift battle lol. Really? Also Refriedchicken, you are digging your hole deeper.

Gavry
01-15-2011, 07:03 PM
I've got no issue with the drop rate. I think the real issue is the gold sink. I don't understand making zones that just drain all your cash. If you play smart you should as a minimum come out of a zone cash neutral. In the early days AO3 was a massive gold sink. Now its Shadow Caves.

If there is an issue with too much gold in the game maybe come up with a better idea to reduce it rather than a blanket gold tax like this. How about an "Income Tax'? Make it like normal proportional systems. 5% per month for those with more than 1 mil gold, 10% for 10 mil etc.

Refriedchicken
01-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Go farm elsewhere bro, I've seen drops there, cry because you're unlucky.

Like I said, I've made probably .5% of my money off looted items. Find out other ways to make money, if you want merchanting tips, shoot me a PM.

Physiologic
01-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Regarding the drama in this thread:

1. Don't flaunt how much money you made or how much gear you got before the drop fix. This is in poor taste and makes you look bad to the community.
2. To those who weren't able to procure these items before the drop fix, that's life. Devs won't change the drop rate because it seems to be as rare as Alien Oasis premium drops. I'm sorry you missed out on the opportunity, but if you don't enjoy the Shadow Caves, don't play them. Make money elsewhere; T'Paxx for example drops several expensive items such as Wraith Armor of the Void, which is more expensive than any of the new elite pinks. Farm for Green Ice, farm for Vyxxnar, whatever...the drop rates in the Shadow Caves are now standard low rates.

Lesrider
01-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Lol a tax in a game... Yeah that sounds like fun.

That along with permanent death and we've got real life!

Orei
01-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Refriedchicken. Recently there have been a bunch of players like you who cant wait to post their achievements/moves from game that somewhat cause envy, jealously, and probably a little hatred from others. Like what Lovenus did when he made the KDR boards. But then again, to each its own. Everyone here is entitled to enjoy an online game the way they see fit. Perhaps you should sometimes keep somethings to yourself instead of broadcasting out without thinking, especially recommending others to quit. That is IMO, hostile and doesn't add any value to the growth of this game and community.

How are we going to make PL the best app if more attitude like yours surface??

And to those who happen to lose out on the recent changes, take it easy. This game is still growing/evolving. The day is still young.

thugimmortal
01-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Lol refried you say that youve never died in the cave well thats just bs. and about the crying i nearly cried with laughter when i saw this post by justg:

Refried, Players consume content much faster then we can create it. I have often said "take a break" You have an incessant need to continue to tell us how we are screwing up this game This is not contributing. This is trolling.

The rate your going youll be banned then you will be crying lmao

icantgetkills
01-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Dude, I don't see what's pathetic, really.

I saw the changes coming, stockpiled the gear, made money, and still have tons more to make on my remaining hoarded pile.

I'm sorry I tend to merchant items when I see the opportunity? I'm sorry that it's a rare drop? -.-

I've never gotten a decent pink drop since being level 50, EASILY over 200+ Victory Lap runs, I got a Screaming Skull Shield when I was level 40something, that's it. I don't make threads saying the drop rate should be lowered, I made money elsewhere.

LOL so your saying u killed over 600 bosses and got 1 drop LOL not possible please stfu with your lies like it actually made me LOL that u think this is true... i did 100 runs and 2 mirage robes so yer..

Refriedchicken
01-15-2011, 08:17 PM
I promise I won't be crying, lol.

I'm being sarcastic when I tell them to quit, people went on for 12 pages telling me to quit because I didn't like what the 100% drop did to the economy.

Once again, I could care less about the opinion other players have about me, it doesn't change my life, or what I do at -all-.

When did I say I never died in the cave? I said as a bear, I've never died to a boss there.

Edit: I didn't just pop out and say "HEY! I got loaded from this update" for no reason, I had money before the update. It was relevant to the topic. Honestly, don't let pljealousy get the best of you, it's just a game.

Refriedchicken
01-15-2011, 08:23 PM
LOL so your saying u killed over 600 bosses and got 1 drop LOL not possible please stfu with your lies like it actually made me LOL that u think this is true... i did 100 runs and 2 mirage robes so yer..

Believe what you want bro, it's the truth. You're making random assumptions.

Once again, I don't care what anyone from a MMO thinks. lol, I'm above that.

Just because I didn't feel the need to openly whine about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

nbaallamerican
01-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Lol refried you say that youve never died in the cave well thats just bs. and about the crying i nearly cried with laughter when i saw this post by justg:

Refried, Players consume content much faster then we can create it. I have often said "take a break" You have an incessant need to continue to tell us how we are screwing up this game This is not contributing. This is trolling.

The rate your going youll be banned then you will be crying lmao

I just saw your post and LOLed. I cant believe G said that. Thats too funny.

pizzaman
01-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Spacetime posted a Facebook message that people should be more kind. Yet they create a huge disbalance by making the best drops in the game very common for a few days. That was bound to make a lot of people very jealous. Worse even, it makes people feel like becoming rich in the game is more of a matter of luck, and all the effort they put in may be wiped away instantly (like ppl who sold cosmos stuff for cheap when the pink drops were common). Unfairness asking for a spoiled unkind community.

How about levelling the playing field by making these drops common again and introducing even better gear that wont be easier or harder to get in future updates? Fresh start...

Ona
01-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Well, I won't add to this argument.
What I think is that the new gears are not so great (yes, I got to chance to have it all and also have the chance to compare with the older ones), except maybe for the shadows set. So, what would make them really attractive and, thus, worth wasting time and money is set bonuses. Honestly, if I didn't have the sets, I wouldn't bother looking for them until they are really helpful to run the caves more easily (isn't it the point of it?)
Besides, I love challenge, but PL is a game for people having a few minutes to waste, so it's hard to find a strong group for a few hours in the caves. Giving a few items from time to time from trash mobs could be useful to keep people into the game. I have seen groups (and Kujen can confirm) exploding only because the witches wiped us a few times. When people lose time and money, they get angry (for some of them at least).
So, it's just a matter of balance to keep it a fun way to spend time. And remember, it's JUST A GAME.

testerx
01-17-2011, 03:26 AM
Ona, Pizzaman I mostly agree, and I see similar opinions all over the forums.

Except refriedchicken of course, who made milions and of course wants to keep the drop rate lower. Well, its your right, but what I don't like is the way you tell people to quit, if they don't like it ?? I mean what the hell, everyone is complaining about new drop rates, unrewarding time, gold sink, going bankrupt in the process, not FUN anymore, hard to get a group, have to play for hours on end, and YOU tell them to quit if they dont like it? Just because you got stahed lots of elite items and want to make a profit? And bragg all over on top of that.

People DONT'T want to quit, they just want to enjoy a fun games, as before patch !

And its not fun when you cannot get the items, and have people throwing it in your face: "I got loads of items you want and can't get, if you don't like it , QUIT"

I bought, at full price, new elite items, and try to enjoy the caves, the challenge, done loads of runs and bosess(no pinks for anyone, of course), trying to keep a party together, etc. but its just too hard, too long ( I mean I play on a mobile phone, can't spend 6 hours a day on it), and unrewarding.

I keep thinking that if you get at least 1 pink per boss, will keep the party going for it. And yes, the price might go down ( poor refried), but at least the game will be fun.

I dont want to play a game and get frustrated, angry (as Ona said), and annoyed, like people are now. I wanna play casual, enjoy, have a few laughs, make some friend and spend some money in the process, to support a good game(wink).

If that is not possible, then yes, I will quit and move on, lifes too short :) I simply cannot pay for something I cannot enjoy anymore.

Thank you.

Ursanblessing
01-17-2011, 03:46 AM
Ona, Pizzaman I mostly agree, and I see similar opinions all over the forums.

I keep thinking that if you get at least 1 pink per boss, will keep the party going for it. And yes, the price might go down ( poor refried), but at least the game will be fun.

This would make it interesting.
People play to just have some fun. Who cares if the drop rate is 100%, we all want the same stuff right.
Now some players got it all, just wait and sell all high.
ANd yes ive been in the Shadows area a few times before the adjustment. But still this big difference is not fun.

bladesword
01-17-2011, 05:04 AM
REFRIED CHICKEN DEC AND 520 posts? OMG

Refriedchicken
01-17-2011, 09:27 AM
You're all acting like whiny beggers at the moment.

Test, for the 5th time, I was being SARCASTIC when I tell people to quit.

When I was irate about the drop rate being 100%, everyone who responded negatively told me to quit if I don't like the game, thought you guys deserved a taste of your own medicine.

I find it hard to believe that you guys would cry for 5 pages about not being able to get a drop.

I'm not sure how to word this otherwise:

IT-IS-NOW-A-RARE-DROP.
A
RARE
DROP

It's not meant to be common, get over it, stop your begging.

Edit: Once again, this has VERY little to do with me making money, I already have plenty of it-and it wouldn't change me even slightly if they all dropped to 20k each. I WANT this game to have rare items and drops, I WANT this game to have equipment not EVERYBODY has. I bought the majority of my items BEFORE the update, I saw a change coming. I've told SEVERAL people to invest into it, nobody listened, and now I'm the bad guy because I saw a merchanting opportunity and went for it? Shame on you, don't be full of envy, just think of other ways to make money.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Hmmm put your money where your mouth is and sell your stockpile for 20k/piece (or maybe the price they were that first night) to people who weren't there to get any? Make a limit of one per person and have them somehow prove they got none.
Just saying. If you're gonna say stuff like that, back it up. Or don't say it at all.

You're all acting like whiny beggers at the moment.

Test, for the 5th time, I was being SARCASTIC when I tell people to quit.

When I was irate about the drop rate being 100%, everyone who responded negatively told me to quit if I don't like the game, thought you guys deserved a taste of your own medicine.

I find it hard to believe that you guys would cry for 5 pages about not being able to get a drop.

I'm not sure how to word this otherwise:

IT-IS-NOW-A-RARE-DROP.
A
RARE
DROP

It's not meant to be common, get over it, stop your begging.

Edit: Once again, this has VERY little to do with me making money, I already have plenty of it-and it wouldn't change me even slightly if they all dropped to 20k each. I WANT this game to have rare items and drops, I WANT this game to have equipment not EVERYBODY has. I bought the majority of my items BEFORE the update, I saw a change coming. I've told SEVERAL people to invest into it, nobody listened, and now I'm the bad guy because I saw a merchanting opportunity and went for it? Shame on you, don't be full of envy, just think of other ways to make money.

Refriedchicken
01-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Why would I do that? Honestly.

All I'm saying is it has very little to do with my stockpile, I never said I'd sell for 20k, I said it wouldn't change me if the prices dropped that low.

Just FYI: I've given several pieces out for free.

Your argument is totally irrational dude.

That's like me saying since you guys want the drop to be common again, let me buy them at common prices.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 09:43 AM
I'm just saying, don't claim it means nothing to you if you're gonna hold onto the stockpile. Because it obviously does.
I'm not saying you don't have a right to your stockpile, but unless you're gonna give it ALL away, don't claim it doesn't matter to you.

Refriedchicken
01-17-2011, 09:45 AM
PS: I'm in the process of selling away my stockpile anyway.

Refriedchicken
01-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Honestly, you're sounding like an idiot bro.

Your argument: IF IT DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING GIVE AWAY FREE STUFF.

All I'm saying is I have enough that it wouldn't change me any if the prices dropped. I'd still have enough money to outfit my characters, and buy plenty of rares.

Everyone has responded that I want it the way it is because I'll make money.

I'm selling my stockpile as we speak, I'm sure I could make PLENTY more, but I'm done holding onto it.

Yet, I still STRONGLY believe the drop rate should stay as it is.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Yay finally! Does that mean we can finally stop hearing about the stockpile?
I think everyone (including me) is just tired of hearing about it.

Refriedchicken
01-17-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm not even the one who mentions it 99% of the time, it's people whom are jealous they didn't take advantage of it, lol.

I'm sick of hearing it too, trust me.

Echelong
01-17-2011, 10:37 AM
One question though. On the last patch they changed the gold drop rates on the caves. Is it worth it or does it still suck?

Ellyidol
01-17-2011, 10:40 AM
One question though. On the last patch they changed the gold drop rates on the caves. Is it worth it or does it still suck?

Suck. You barely notice change.

thugimmortal
01-17-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm not even the one who mentions it 99% of the time, it's people whom are jealous they didn't take advantage of it, lol.

I'm sick of hearing it too, trust me.

I agree we have had our rant lets leave this guy to sell his stuff lol it not real money i for one do not envy you. its only a game lol

i make my peace with you refried

dont hate the playa hate the game lol
( But not pl)

Olli Walli
01-17-2011, 11:52 AM
My Question: You made 45 runs in the caves?? Or Victory Lap. How did you manage to do 45 runs in one day? Also, did you not get any drops in Victory lap on the way?? You should have gotten something on the way that you could sell to get one of the new Elite items. Just farm something else and buy them.

testerx
01-17-2011, 01:26 PM
I agree we have had our rant lets leave this guy to sell his stuff lol it not real money i for one do not envy you. its only a game lol

i make my peace with you refried

dont hate the playa hate the game lol
( But not pl)

Agree with you. Refried, sarcastic or not you missed the point. I was saying the changes made the game a lot less fun, less rewarding and a lot of people complained. You were telling people you got lucky, smart, made tons of cash and to quit if they don't like it. It had nothing to do with you until you start explaining people how lucky you got and how much money you made.

I for one don't care about that, make 100X more if you can, but let others enjoy the game, by making suggestions in a suggestion thread ! And by others I mean the majority, not a small minority who got lucky.

I'm done with the subject now :)

ps. good luck with your sale, even if you told them the price are going up, when in fact they're going down, lol.

But I have to say, once the big stash of elites from players who got them are gone, prices will go up ! If the drop rate stay the same :)

pizzaman
01-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Well, I won't add to this argument.
What I think is that the new gears are not so great (yes, I got to chance to have it all and also have the chance to compare with the older ones), except maybe for the shadows set.

The shadow set is really much better imho. Especially in places where you want good armor, like the caves. There the staff sets (keeper and mirage) are pretty useless.

this:

Suck. You barely notice change.

I've also posted about this on the update thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16772-1.6-Content-Update-(53726)&p=172437#post172437). I'm very curious how ST is going to respond to the issue. I hope they don't consider the latest update (little more gold in shadow caves) as a real response.

On Facebook Spacetime asks us to get along a little better. Well, making some people who happened to be online at the right moment and piled up on shadow cave gear very suddenly very rich is bound to make people become jealous and act unkind.

I say ST should do what they can to heal this.

One way might be to devaluatie shadow cave pinks. Make them common again and introduce even better rare gear. Also make the set bonusses for the old best gear (cosmos) much better, so they fall between the shadow cave stuff and the new best gear. That way it will retain its value for all those that worked so hard to get it. And personally compensate those who spent a lot of money on shadow stuff. That would make almost everyone happy, except those that had gotten lucky. But they know the money they made off it was earned way too easy.

The better gear would also make shadow caves a little less hard and thus a little more accessible, but still challenging enough.

Playing shadow caves for a few hours earned some people a million of game gold.. Thats costs about 4000 platinum in the store, or 250$ hard cash. Somethings wrong there and its not just the plat/gold ratio.

Refriedchicken
01-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Luck has nothing to do with it.

You have no idea what you're talking about if you think the price went down, lol.

lol, lower drop rates took the fun out of the game? What would have happened if it was 100%? You'd have -NOTHING- to do. Farming would be useless, gold with be pointless.

I'm glad you're done, because I'm done saying the same thing over and over.

pizzaman
01-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Luck has nothing to do with it.

You have no idea what you're talking about if you think the price went down, lol.

lol, lower drop rates took the fun out of the game? What would have happened if it was 100%? You'd have -NOTHING- to do. Farming would be useless, gold with be pointless

So you also think that suddenly having all you could wish for and then some is a bad idea? Do you realize that means you agree that the few days of 100% pink drops were a bad idea. And since there should be something worth mining for, i proposed to introduce even better gear with a constant rare drop rate. Perhaps level 52 gear?

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Just because the drop rate is too low now, doesn't mean the 100% drop rate was right either. They need to find a happy medium. So far we've only seen the two extremes.

right now were on the opposite extreme of things. First it was 100% drop rate, now its 0% drop rate basically :p.

Cinco did say that he wants these items to be rare and desirable. I'm sure you will be more than willing to farm shadow caves if the gear is packing 1m+. The road it is on now is going to make these items eventually really rare, if there is no changes.

Refriedchicken
01-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Also, I've seen drops there post-update, I've even gotten one myself.

MoonYeol
01-19-2011, 07:58 AM
If caves are so damn hard to farm and drops aren't worth that much. Don't farm there. Let the price stabilize around 1M then. It's not too hard to get 50-60k gold in a day. If you farm well you can get 100k GOLD (not relying on pink drops) if you play for a couple of hours (more than a few hours). To farm and get a small, steady income is better than putting too much gold in pots and elixirs in Shadow Caves. The drops aren't worth that much. Power armor is still more expensive than most of the new armors. So leave the caves for now. Let some people get riddiculously rich. Find some way to introduce a gold sink that will make the really rich players a bit less rich, to give the gold back its value. Because having 25 Keeper armors worth 1M each is just BS.

1. Leave the caves
2. Start a game in Plasma Pyramid
3. Farm.
4. Farm.
5. Farm.
6. Repeat 2-5
7. Don't forget 6
8. Buy the damn Glow Stick.