PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry Devs but I need assurance :(

Lovenus
01-15-2011, 04:21 AM
Thread closed

Ellyidol
01-15-2011, 04:25 AM
I dont think we have a say, unfortunately. It's business to them and what they charge doesn't differ from what else anybody charges.

Shirts cost these much now, they could increase/decrease price if they feel like it and past buyers can't really say it's unfair.

I do know what you mean though, but I'm pretty confident PL will be around for awhile.

Lesrider
01-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Seems like they're more likely to raise prices because of the free plat from tapjoy. Who told you they'd lower them?

Lesrider
01-15-2011, 06:45 AM
No Lesrider. I didn't say they were lowering price. I just have that sense of insecurity with many players requesting for reduce in prices.

Look at the LL thread that was just dug up lol. Players have been requesting free plat or free maps, etc for the longest time. Doesn't really effect anything as long as the devs know they can and will sell plat/plat items.

Arterra
01-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Over time I predict things will become cheaper, such as lower level dungeons costing less and less. But higher ones might even increase in price... They said ao3 was definitely worth more than 20 Plat.

WolfShaman
01-15-2011, 10:31 AM
We all, as players, play these types of games for one reason: we enjoy spending time and effort growing our character(s) and meeting new people to dungeon crawl with. Support of the game comes with literal out-of-pocket exspense that [must] be incurred. This business model not only applies to MMPORGs dev houses but to other industry giants as well. The same arguments were applied against Xbox Live Arcade and PSN.
As long as the devs apply our hard spent monies on tweaking the gameplay towards a robustness that satisfies all player models then Spacetime can and will charge accordingly.