PDA

View Full Version : Max xp stacking

Charmstrange
08-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Is the maximum possible xp gain stacking 7x xp? Please post if you have a link to a dev statement on this or a post with confirmed testing.

Also, I remember a post a long time ago that detailed the xp gain improvement depending on the number of players (or was it elixered players?) in the party. Does anyone know if that is in addition to the max stackable xp?

Trenton
08-03-2014, 03:56 PM
It's 3x combo, thrasher, and 2x XP weeklong, making it a total of x9 xp if you're in mobs that give 1 xp per kill. With a double xp weekEND, it makes the total x18.

Charmstrange
08-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the reply. For some reason I thought that the xp gain stacking was limited to 7x, with the exception of double xp weekend. Maybe that's just what was possible before Daily Blessings.

Whirlzap
08-03-2014, 04:11 PM
It's 3x combo, thrasher, and 2x XP weeklong, making it a total of x9 xp if you're in mobs that give 1 xp per kill. With a double xp weekEND, it makes the total x18.

That is an incorrect interpretation of the stacking mechanics behind EXP elixirs.
The elixirs stack mutually exclusively, not collectively.
For example, the 3x Combo gives 3 times your base EXP, but what this means is that the elixir ITSELF gives only 2 times EXTRA EXP.

In calculating total EXP, you are over-counting the base EXP each time you add on a new elixir. To figure out correct total EXP, you need to total up base EXP along with total EXTRA EXP.
So basically, 3x Combo [+2x EXTRA EXP], 2x XP weeklong [+1x EXTRA EXP], and thrasher [+3x EXTRA EXP] total up to 6x EXTRA EXP. Add your base EXP to get a total of 7x EXP as the cap.
The double EXP weekend works over accumulations, so you can actually double 7x to get 14x EXP as your maximum.

In the past, there used to be an added EXP bonus if you ran in a full party. This bonus still worked as of Sewers cap, but it hasn't been tested for a long time, so I don't know if it's still in the stacking mechanics. Nevertheless, the bonus was a 1.3x boost, so a total of 7.3x EXP if this still works, thereby capping at 14.6x EXP on a double EXP weekend.

Thanks for the reply. For some reason I thought that the xp gain stacking was limited to 7x, with the exception of double xp weekend. Maybe that's just what was possible before Daily Blessings.

No, that's still the correct cap. Assume all elixir boosts are mutually exclusive (remove base EXP from each elixir when calculating stacking and then add it once at the end), except the double EXP weekend "boost", which is over total stacked EXP.

Charmstrange
08-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Ok, that helped me understand why it caps at 7x. Before this I thought it was just an artificially imposed limit. Thanks!

McBain
08-03-2014, 07:53 PM
It's a little more intuitive if you think of it in terms of percentages,I think. 3x = 300%, for example. You already get 100% normally, so the bonus amount from the elixir is actually 200%. I believe the full party bonus was confirmed to be in effect at least as recently as Humania. Not sure if that changed with Blacksmoke, but I don't see any reason why it would.

Roberto077
08-03-2014, 08:07 PM
x9 on any given day (4+3+2=9)

x18 xp on double xp weekends (2*(4+3+2)=18)

In other words, it's the weekend multiplier (2) times the sum of each xp muliplier: a thrasher (4), 3x combo daily elixir (3), and weeklong double (2).

tarlan
08-03-2014, 08:17 PM
isn't there like a 1.25 full party bonus?

Spyce
08-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Math, ew.

McBain
08-03-2014, 08:39 PM
x9 on any given day (4+3+2=9)

It's x7, as Whirl said. Again, I think converting to percentages, remembering that 100% is what you get normally, makes it easier to quickly understand.

Week-long 2x = the 100% you already get +100% bonus
3x blessing = +200% bonus
4x elixir = +300% bonus

Excluding double XP events, the most bonus you can have is +600%. Since you already get 100%, your total rate of gaining XP is 700%, which is equivalent to x7.

Roberto077
08-03-2014, 09:42 PM
It's x7, as Whirl said. Again, I think converting to percentages, remembering that 100% is what you get normally, makes it easier to quickly understand.

Week-long 2x = the 100% you already get +100% bonus
3x blessing = +200% bonus
4x elixir = +300% bonus

Excluding double XP events, the most bonus you can have is +600%. Since you already get 100%, your total rate of gaining XP is 700%, which is equivalent to x7.

My post came from a dev a long time back. I have no clue where to find the original post though.

McBain
08-03-2014, 10:50 PM
My post came from a dev a long time back. I have no clue where to find the original post though.

You may have remembered that incorrectly, see below:

Say the base XP you get from an NPC is 1.

A 4x multiplier will multiply you base by 4: 1 base XP + 3 additional XP, for a total of 4 XP.
A 2x multiplier will multiply your base by 2: 1 base XP + 1 additional XP, for a total of 2 XP.

So, now let's look at how these work together.
A 4x multiplier plus a 2x multiplier will add the benefits of both of these elixir to you base XP: 1 base XP + 3 additional XP + 1 additional XP, for a total of 5 XP.

The above describes stacking a 4x with a 2x for a total of 5x. If you add a 3x into the equation on top of that, it becomes 7x. The key point is that your "base XP" does not stack, only the benefits of the elixirs.

Roberto077
08-03-2014, 10:52 PM
You may have remembered that incorrectly, see below:

The above describes stacking a 4x with a 2x for a total of 5x. If you add a 3x into the equation on top of that, it becomes 7x. The key point is that your "base XP" does not stack, only the benefits of the elixirs.

Oh my b, thanks for the info :)

DivineMoustache
08-03-2014, 11:02 PM
i believe someone said that running full party does NOT actually give an xp bonus, but rather raises the difficulty of the mobs, which in turn raises xp. i think if you're using enable xp elixir in fathom crypts or any low lvl map, full party will not give xp bonus because i don't think the difficulty will be raised.

Heroelite
08-03-2014, 11:32 PM
there was no full party bonus it was just the threat level increasing. Divine is correct
yellow mobs gave 1.29 xp per kill

Edit:
fusionstrike made a guide on xp stackin
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?110402-Guide-to-XP-Elixir-Stacking

Charmstrange
08-04-2014, 10:05 PM
For visual learners, I made a diagram of whirlzap's info: