PDA

View Full Version : Designers: Upright Mages!!!

Frohnatur
08-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Why? I mean, I'm happy with the gun and all but why do I have to aim it all the time??? Its a crooked position and it hurts my back (in addtion to my feet - no shoes, remember?). We look silly on Guildhall pictures, amongst all those upright sprites we are just little pixelhumps.

Now consider this in real fiction, say a western movie. How rediculous would it look if the cowboys walk around town and in the saloon and aim their revolver all the time like paranoid idiots? See? See???

Why can't we have a upright stance with our gun at our side like rogues do? They can aim and relax, we can't!

This is another humiliating fact of rogues over mages.

Bah. Designers, seriously.

Please.

#uprightMages
#arcaneDeary
#shoesForMages

Ninjasmurf
08-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Soo you want a gun holster for a smurf? Lol like mini blue police officers walking around arlor. I like it!

Frohnatur
08-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Soo you want a gun holster for a smurf? Lol like mini blue police officers walking around arlor. I like it!

Rogues don't need a bow holster - so why would we? Just holding it down along our thighs. Its not difficult to imagine.

Ninjasmurf
08-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Rogues don't need a bow holster - so why would we? Just holding it down along our thighs. Its not difficult to imagine.

Bows don't have holsters @@ they are made to be held or strapped on

Commanderkeen
08-03-2014, 10:25 PM
But the gun is bigger than the smurfs.

Instanthumor
08-03-2014, 10:39 PM
I want Paracelsus' outfit. The purpleish founders..

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?167530-Visit-Paracelsus-the-Alchemist-to-Start-the-Undead-Whelp-Crafting-Quest!&highlight=nekro

matanofx
08-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Its really bugging me too that i wanna be chill in town with my gun but my mage looks like a paranoid zombie fighter

Let us stand upright while holding gun and not fighting.

Gess
08-03-2014, 11:03 PM
its too big 99952

Energizeric
08-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Agreed. What would be cool is if sorcerers held the gun up over their shoulder the way warriors hold an axe... Like this...

Because of the way sorcerers are always aiming the gun, most of the vanity sets, including any of them that have capes, look dumb as the cape stretches funny in the rear and in some cases looks like it has holes in it.

Zeus
08-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Agreed. What would be cool is if sorcerers held the gun up over their shoulder the way warriors hold an axe... Like this...

I've always wondered if they had pink armpits. I guess if they implement this, we will find out!

Ninjasmurf
08-04-2014, 12:00 AM
I've always wondered if they had pink armpits. I guess if they implement this, we will find out!

Nope 99955 :)

Ninjasmurf
08-04-2014, 12:01 AM
But our palms and feet are pink @_@

Alhuntrazeck
08-04-2014, 01:37 AM
But our palms and feet are pink @_@
Not to mention a...I mean, backsides. Don't want to get a forum mute. :(

+1 to the idea..you could also tell when your char is on rest stance! Enough waiting for half a minute to see your smurf stretch back and scratch his ears to know its safe to leave!

Ninjasmurf
08-04-2014, 02:10 AM
Not to mention a...I mean, backsides. Don't want to get a forum mute. :(

+1 to the idea..you could also tell when your char is on rest stance! Enough waiting for half a minute to see your smurf stretch back and scratch his ears to know its safe to leave!
Lmao a** is pink too :) I forgot

Eski
08-04-2014, 06:16 AM
The idea with the shouldered gun is pretty cool :)

obee
08-04-2014, 06:27 AM
Yes omg the crouching over is annoying as hell

Frohnatur
08-04-2014, 11:06 PM
#ShoulderedGunForMages

Memnoch The Devil
08-05-2014, 06:30 AM
have you seen the smurf in resting mode without weapons?

If he cant rest then ... how you want him to rest with the gun?

Spell
08-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Hmmm I love how the mages slouch while holding guns.The way the ears bounce is quite cute =3.

octavos
08-05-2014, 10:02 AM

Because of the way sorcerers are always aiming the gun, most of the vanity sets, including any of them that have capes, look dumb as the cape stretches funny in the rear and in some cases looks like it has holes in it.

Yup.

p.s. from OP...I agree also...
the only shoes I have seen is boxes from the tree suit...mages need boots....even the solid gold vanity..they need boots like warriors.

Frohnatur
08-06-2014, 10:09 PM
And now this thread is rotting in the suggestions thread, that noone ever reads, certainly not the devs.

Remiem
08-07-2014, 01:03 PM
We read the suggestions thread too, you know? :)

I see what you're talking about. The strange thing about mages is that they have totally different physics and anatomy than the human characters in AL. Like someone mentioned before, the gun is long, and a mage's arms nearly reach the ground..so having it held at the side wouldn't work out. Holding over the should might be a possibility at first glance, but it would involve extra animations which would take some time for our lovely dev team to create. I'm not saying it'll never happen, but that the moment they are quite busy building out arenas and tombs and all sorts of other new stuff. I brought it to their attention though and will get it on a "back burner" list. Love you mages!

Dwertyq
08-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Hope to have shoes with brand lol

Frohnatur
08-08-2014, 10:10 PM
We read the suggestions thread too, you know? :)

I see what you're talking about. The strange thing about mages is that they have totally different physics and anatomy than the human characters in AL. Like someone mentioned before, the gun is long, and a mage's arms nearly reach the ground..so having it held at the side wouldn't work out. Holding over the should might be a possibility at first glance, but it would involve extra animations which would take some time for our lovely dev team to create. I'm not saying it'll never happen, but that the moment they are quite busy building out arenas and tombs and all sorts of other new stuff. I brought it to their attention though and will get it on a "back burner" list. Love you mages!

Thanks! :)

ps. the impression that the dev dont read the suggestions (or any other user posts) is because the dev responses have faded next to nothing compared with half a year ago. I know there have been personal changes and that might include some of the more forum-active devs, but we all wish we would get some more feedback to our concerns. One reason might be the google hang out and the you tube videos, but one shouldn't forget that many players play over portables with limited data volumes and thus do not load data intense hangouts and videos.

Therefore an extra thank you for your response here :)

fiftyonecents
08-08-2014, 10:25 PM
hahahaha Mages with shoes whats next you want the Rogues to have Nun-Chucks and do Upper cuts like the game Street Fighter and then the Warrior can have a Karate Gee with a samurai sword hahahahah.

aww well, to the back burner with our ideas, the Dev's are on a schedule not to be confused with ( ignoring ) you or anyone or anything related to ( Space Time Studios ) only a matter of time before they put time into in one or many projects ( importance plays a major factor ) as usual. All in due time my friend.

Keep up the good work , nice thread :)

Elner
08-09-2014, 07:18 AM
Yeah we do look stupid. We have a bad back.

Frohnatur
08-09-2014, 12:30 PM
I think visuals are an important part in graphic rpg.

Zylx
08-09-2014, 06:26 PM
When i played as a smurf, this was one of the reasons why i never used guns (other being lack of AoE versatility). I think it looked ridiculous. I totally agree with the OP, having a resting stance and then the current as an aggro stance, much like rogues with bows.