PDA

View Full Version : Warriors, why can't we throw?

SacredKnight
08-04-2014, 01:57 AM
We all know warriors are supposed to be those aggro tanks. But why can't we be ranged too? The closest thing we have to a range attacked is the skill Axe Throw, why can't we have a weapon like a Javelin?

It could be a melee weapon, a thrusting spear but when charged it becomes ranged.

What do you think?

Nat King Aggrey
08-04-2014, 02:25 AM
Throw your Maul in my direction :)/

Instanthumor
08-04-2014, 02:30 AM
Warriors are a melee class, you're lucky you have ranged attacks (skyward smash, axe, windmill). Who gives the melee class ranged skills...

SacredKnight
08-04-2014, 02:44 AM
Warriors are a melee class, you're lucky you have ranged attacks (skyward smash, axe, windmill). Who gives the melee class ranged skills...

I am just saying, it would be interesting to see the warriors adapt the various aspects of their fighting style. What I mean is, warriors aren't always a melee class, they can throw javelins/spears/axes/shields so why can't the warriors in AL do the same?

The mages gun and rogues bow add a difference to their playing style (Range and distance), the only difference for warriors is that they have less DPS/DMG and more armor. The shields don't have the hidden ability to "deflect" an attack even though that is what they are supposed to do.

yasshh
08-04-2014, 02:47 AM
Lets throw our weps and if u lose it. U gotta buy another one

Gensin
08-04-2014, 03:23 AM

Throw your maul in my inventory.
Better.

drawfflerz
08-04-2014, 03:30 AM
Everyone, please throw your maul, glaive, bonesaw, bulwark, pavise to me. And dont take it back even im died. XD

Jurmans
08-04-2014, 04:05 AM
Would be nice since in pvp a lot of mages and rogues (not endgame) take a run and they just charge weaps or fireballs to stun u, so for these kinds of people it would be nice:).

MoloToha
08-04-2014, 05:59 AM
Tanks are melee, they don't need ranged weapons. They need some rushing skill, something like skyward smash, but with increased range (and also it should be reasonable to replase ss with this skill at your skill map).

Madnex
08-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Just no. Axe already has a ridiculously large range.

Xenobiotic
08-04-2014, 06:35 AM

It would throw pvp off tbh

MoloToha
08-04-2014, 07:52 AM
Who uses it in endgame? All endgame tanks now use jug+vb+horn+ss, axe is only for twinking. That's why endgame tanks need something better than ss to get an opponent into melee range.

grzena1982
08-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Give as a shovel and let us dig as well.

Alhuntrazeck
08-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Who uses it in endgame? All endgame tanks now use jug+vb+horn+ss, axe is only for twinking. That's why endgame tanks need something better than ss to get an opponent into melee range.

Most warriors use ax at endgame.

Warriors are the melee class, rogue and sorcerers are ranged; look at their skills. With the exception of one or two, both the classes focus on ranged attacks. Warriors on the other hand focus on self buffs and melee attacks.

Volt
08-04-2014, 10:53 AM

Weird set up you got there bud

MoloToha
08-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Most warriors use ax at endgame.

Warriors are the melee class, rogue and sorcerers are ranged; look at their skills. With the exception of one or two, both the classes focus on ranged attacks. Warriors on the other hand focus on self buffs and melee attacks.
But what's the point? It has high cooldown and in fact, warrior is almost always spamming auto-attack, which means almost zero against rogues with high dodge. Also, there is almost no stun. Getting a target in close range means nothing, considering that skyward smash does almost the same with lower cooldown. What's weird with jug+vb+horn+ss? Explain me please, if I don't get something.

Alhuntrazeck
08-04-2014, 07:56 PM
But what's the point? It has high cooldown and in fact, warrior is almost always spamming auto-attack, which means almost zero against rogues with high dodge. Also, there is almost no stun. Getting a target in close range means nothing, considering that skyward smash does almost the same with lower cooldown. What's weird with jug+vb+horn+ss? Explain me please, if I don't get something.

Ax - the highest damaging skill, does feeble, and in a ss+ax combo if ss doesn't stun ax almost certainly will. Oh, and it does 10% armor reduction.

Serancha
08-04-2014, 08:02 PM
This is just silly. Between axe and smash, warriors have extreme range and high damage already. Axe throw has just as long a range as aimed shot,, which is ridiculous enough. If you want to play a character that has more long ranged attacks, make a rogue with a bow and spec aim / nox / sss. Then make a thread about how you're always out of mana.

inkredible
08-04-2014, 08:20 PM
just as everyone mentioned smash and axe throw are enough range skill for warriors, creating more range attacks/weapons i think will just create an unfair advantage for warriors in tdm.. since were not squishy.. being able to sneak attack in tdm with warriors idont think is fair

- SPEAR SPEAR - (lowers rogue health by 60-70%) rogue lays packs, - AXE THROW away from packs - SMASH - stuns rogue - attack attack - dead rogue

without this spear attack i was able to kill rogues before they get to their packs quite few times with the use of axe and smash alone , so adding a spear-like attack i dont think will be fair

MoloToha
08-04-2014, 11:20 PM
Ax - the highest damaging skill, does feeble, and in a ss+ax combo if ss doesn't stun ax almost certainly will. Oh, and it does 10% armor reduction.
Ok, but if you want to use both ss and axe, you will remove either jug or vb, which is unacceptable.

Instanthumor
08-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Ok, but if you want to use both ss and axe, you will remove either jug or vb, which is unacceptable.

No you don't.

MoloToha
08-05-2014, 12:22 AM
No you don't.
How? Skill swithching is fixed. Player can now use only 4 skills.

Instanthumor
08-05-2014, 12:30 AM
How? Skill swithching is fixed. Player can now use only 4 skills.

Skill switching is "fixed". I laugh at sts everyday, as do many others. A player is limited to using 4 skills at a time, but is not limited to using 4 skills. Remember, skills such as Chest Splitter or Frost Bolt have a short cooldown time of 3 seconds. :)

SacredKnight
08-05-2014, 12:35 AM
Ok, I guess this was a fail idea. lol.
But it is what it is, an idea....

MoloToha
08-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Skill switching is "fixed". I laugh at sts everyday, as do many others. A player is limited to using 4 skills at a time, but is not limited to using 4 skills. Remember, skills such as Chest Splitter or Frost Bolt have a short cooldown time of 3 seconds. :)
Yes, you can switch skills between battles, but not during it! As long as you need to use 3 skills with long cooldown, only 1 skill slot is free for swapping. And it does not make any sense swapping between axe and ss in battle with current system!

Instanthumor
08-05-2014, 12:56 AM
Yes, you can switch skills between battles, but not during it! As long as you need to use 3 skills with long cooldown, only 1 skill slot is free for swapping. And it does not make any sense swapping between axe and ss in battle with current system!

You CAN switch skills during battles. It might not make sense to switch axe with ss, but there are different options for different situations and it is up to the user to take advantage of that.

Arachnophobik
08-05-2014, 04:37 AM

Actually, a lot of people use ss,axe,jugg and HoR build.

MoloToha
08-05-2014, 04:38 AM
Actually, a lot of people use ss,axe,jugg and HoR build.
And run out of mana before second horn -.-

Alhuntrazeck
08-05-2014, 05:21 AM

Which level are you talking about..? Warriors have GCD and generally long CD's. Your mana won't run out in a couple of attacks! VB is mostly for its damage. Jugg is superior in survivability.

Jurmans
08-05-2014, 05:23 AM

Lol or nah, warriors can easily get around 1200 mana and still be able to kill.

Edit: or use dova for mana regen.

MoloToha
08-05-2014, 06:05 AM
Which level are you talking about..? Warriors have GCD and generally long CD's. Your mana won't run out in a couple of attacks! VB is mostly for its damage. Jugg is superior in survivability.
I'm talking about 41.

Lol or nah, warriors can easily get around 1200 mana and still be able to kill.

Edit: or use dova for mana regen.
Yeah, with 1200 mana you will be able to kill 2k hp rogue with 1000 armor, but not 4k hp monster with 1.5k armor and good pack control.

Instanthumor
08-05-2014, 12:57 PM
I'm talking about 41.

Yeah, with 1200 mana you will be able to kill 2k hp rogue with 1000 armor, but not 4k hp monster with 1.5k armor and good pack control.

Well the majority of endgame players are running around with Samaels here and there, so honestly mana isn't their main concern. Besides, VB is not recommended in clashes.

Crowsfoot
08-05-2014, 01:34 PM
The radius of warrior attacks are actually really far. We also have several skills that keep opponents within Mele range including the short cool down SS, snare in WM, and axe throw.

MoloToha
08-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Well the majority of endgame players are running around with Samaels here and there, so honestly mana isn't their main concern. Besides, VB is not recommended in clashes.

Hmm, I didn't count that fact. Btw, I think using VB in clashes is useful, because it's debuff causes attacker to heal and give mana to their target (not only to warrior), which means, if a strike is not a one-shot kill, then damage will be reduced by immediate healing after it, a nice thing to have in clashes.

Jurmans
08-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Cs needs more range if someone runs and i walk after him it's almost impossible to hit him with cs.

Otahaanak
08-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Honestly thought the thread was going to ask to throw mages into battle...

Jurmans
08-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Honestly thought the thread was going to ask to throw mages into battle...

Wut0.o lolz, would be great though if I could pick up an enemy mage and smash him into a wall or tree :p.

Stoba
08-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Haven't used vb in so long I don't even miss it anymore. Could never go to one attack skill though.

Instanthumor
08-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Hmm, I didn't count that fact. Btw, I think using VB in clashes is useful, because it's debuff causes attacker to heal and give mana to their target (not only to warrior), which means, if a strike is not a one-shot kill, then damage will be reduced by immediate healing after it, a nice thing to have in clashes.

Different people use different builds and there's nothing wrong with that, but why VB in clash when you got Jugg? Most clashes don't even last a whole 30 seconds (approximate VB cooldown period).

MoloToha
08-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Different people use different builds and there's nothing wrong with that, but why VB in clash when you got Jugg? Most clashes don't even last a whole 30 seconds (approximate VB cooldown period).
The answer was in my post, read more careful, please.

Instanthumor
08-06-2014, 12:57 AM
The answer was in my post, read more careful, please.

I'm saying why waste 5 skill points on VB when Jugg does pretty much the same thing (but better). Assuming you're sticking to a 4-skill build, read more carefully so you can better understand a post, please.

MoloToha
08-06-2014, 01:18 AM
I'm saying why waste 5 skill points on VB when Jugg does pretty much the same thing (but better). Assuming you're sticking to a 4-skill build, read more carefully so you can better understand a post, please.
Juggernaut doesn't provide mana and hp regen to your members, vb and jugg do different things, I don't see any sense exchanging a nice team helper for warrior's miserable damage skill. Also, I don't have Samael, so I need vb for mana regen in 1v1.

Instanthumor
08-06-2014, 01:47 AM
Juggernaut doesn't provide mana and hp regen to your members, vb and jugg do different things, I don't see any sense exchanging a nice team helper for warrior's miserable damage skill. Also, I don't have Samael, so I need vb for mana regen in 1v1.

Ok, well pertaining to clashes, it's not your job as a warrior to provide minuscule hp and mana regen to your members, we have blue mages for a reason eh? On the other hand, replacing vb with chest splitter (for example) would be more of an ideal build since chest splitter applies feeble on opponents. One thing you don't want to happen as a tank is get one crit combo'd by a geared rogue. No point of a tank if a tank cannot tank.

Arachnophobik
08-06-2014, 09:46 PM

Jugg (if not broken) wud provide you 50% chance on self heal once youre hp is down to 25%, in one angle that is one step closer to being invulnerable. I dont really find any use for vb's heal on endgame, i just use it for mana. But either way you could also use valkin for more mana.

Ishtmeet
08-07-2014, 05:21 AM

Same like piercer-16m

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Counterhit ph
08-07-2014, 08:34 AM
I think all skills are good enough except you will add on all classes.

Abelgaval
08-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Give me a shotgun ill be hunt some smurf lol..

Need five skills slots ss, axe, jugg, vB and horn.. so war can be happy :)

Jurmans
08-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Give me a shotgun ill be hunt some smurf lol..

Need five skills slots ss, axe, jugg, vB and horn.. so war can be happy :)

Five skills slots would be boring, now u have 8 skills and 4 slots sou can use half of the skills at the same time.

Abelgaval
08-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Five skills slots would be boring, now u have 8 skills and 4 slots sou can use half of the skills at the same time.

Ikr

It's just a joke.. actually my skills are chestpliter, ss, axe, jugger, vB and horn.. swap skills to pve and pvp and enjoy free respect weekends :)

cux
08-27-2014, 05:15 AM

Lool

cux
08-27-2014, 05:26 AM

Throw your maul in my inventory.
Better.

Nah, put it in mine :) :) :) :) :)

gumball3000
08-27-2014, 05:29 AM
I think crossbows should be introduced for warriors.

Gensin
08-27-2014, 06:30 AM
Ok, well pertaining to clashes, it's not your job as a warrior to provide minuscule hp and mana regen to your members,

Not really. Your a warrior, and a warriors job is to tank what does tanking do? Protects damagers from being dead. So it would be great If you yourself can also contribute to them. Tanks tank because, they want the damgers to help them kill the foes. What would happen if the rogues didnt had a mana If there was no mage? You would be left with a rogue just using his weapon and no skills, would that help? no.

Hectororius
08-27-2014, 07:38 AM
Listen, is it too much to ask if we get something like a exploding axe skill that does DOT and stuns? Seriously people. Think about it.

Gensin
08-27-2014, 09:05 AM
Listen, is it too much to ask if we get something like a exploding axe skill that does DOT and stuns? Seriously people. Think about it.

Can mages have a meelee weapon to please?

Gensin
08-27-2014, 09:09 AM

I dont like tanks stun locking people.. Mages are already on that way to get kills (they stun inorder to survive). A full geared mage cant even defeat a full geared warrior, what if tanks use stunlock? I'm not ready for a flood of pvp complaints about balance between classes.

If your gonna implement this, Implement a teleport skill for mage too. then the community will be on the business.

Madnex
08-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Looks like someone has liquidated "Sense of Sarcasm" from his inventory.

Jurmans
08-27-2014, 09:54 AM
1. Nekro.
2. Gensin a staff is a melee weapon already.
3. Sts has to make cs have a bit more range and better accury.

UndeadJudge
08-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Maybe I'm stupid, but I thought axe already has stun chance..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wutzgood
08-27-2014, 06:34 PM
A warrior ranged weapon would be great as long as it provided a -50% health and armor bonus with it. Having all that health and armor with a ranged attack would be op. With the -50% health and armor drop it would be fair. Having such low health and armor is the reason rogues and mages have those ranged weapons.

On the flip side giving mages a close combat weapon with a +50% health and armor bonus would balance it out.

SacredKnight
08-28-2014, 01:09 AM
How about warriors having attack magic skills, e.g. Fist of doom. Summon a giant fist to punch your foes into dust >:)

cux
08-28-2014, 01:11 AM
just as everyone mentioned smash and axe throw are enough range skill for warriors, creating more range attacks/weapons i think will just create an unfair advantage for warriors in tdm.. since were not squishy.. being able to sneak attack in tdm with warriors idont think is fair

- SPEAR SPEAR - (lowers rogue health by 60-70%) rogue lays packs, - AXE THROW away from packs - SMASH - stuns rogue - attack attack - dead rogue

without this spear attack i was able to kill rogues before they get to their packs quite few times with the use of axe and smash alone , so adding a spear-like attack i dont think will be fair

3 attacks rogue death?
Lol make it
Rogues can use heal..

Jurmans
08-28-2014, 01:20 AM
A warrior ranged weapon would be great as long as it provided a -50% health and armor bonus with it. Having all that health and armor with a ranged attack would be op. With the -50% health and armor drop it would be fair. Having such low health and armor is the reason rogues and mages have those ranged weapons.

On the flip side giving mages a close combat weapon with a +50% health and armor bonus would balance it out.

Lol do u even play this game? Warriors are already easy targets at endgame these days, rogues don't have low armor nor low hp anymore, mages well they just have to use teamwork.

Wutzgood
08-28-2014, 08:11 AM
Lol do u even play this game? Warriors are already easy targets at endgame these days, rogues don't have low armor nor low hp anymore, mages well they just have to use teamwork.

Lol I use all 3 classes but a rogues highest health is still half of what a warrior has. If a warrior wanted to have a ranged attack weapon their health and armor would have to be cut for it to be fair. Can't be running around with 7-8k health and 2k armor with a range weapon. If it was cut in half then they would have about the same health as the classes who have ranged weapons which would make it fair.

Gensin
08-28-2014, 08:22 AM
3 attacks rogue death?
Lol make it
Rogues can use heal..

Pluse when a rogue throws packs and added the upgrade, It can heal a bit.