PDA

View Full Version : Lost Expedition / Graphics / Contrast

amn624
05-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Personally, I'm sorry I bought this. The contrast is nil. I have a lvl 26 Enchantress and I can't see anything I do / Wand shots / Spell effects / nothing at all. Having an all white background with very little (precious little!) distinction between the critters and the "snow" is just crazy.

Plus, now I have way too much text from conversations blocking the top part of the screen and I can't find a way to turn it off or minimize.

But the main complaint is the background. I just can't see enough to make it worthwhile to play. I'll just do Fathom Crypt until lvl 30 and hopefully Ancient Swamps, but from what I'm reading, Ancient Swamps is just stupid hard. Hope someone responds (pls) and tks.

Demarrer
05-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Personally, I'm sorry I bought this. The contrast is nil. I have a lvl 26 Enchantress and I can't see anything I do / Wand shots / Spell effects / nothing at all. Having an all white background with very little (precious little!) distinction between the critters and the "snow" is just crazy.

Plus, now I have way too much text from conversations blocking the top part of the screen and I can't find a way to turn it off or minimize.

But the main complaint is the background. I just can't see enough to make it worthwhile to play. I'll just do Fathom Crypt until lvl 30 and hopefully Ancient Swamps, but from what I'm reading, Ancient Swamps is just stupid hard. Hope someone responds (pls) and tks.

Tap the top line of chat box, it will go down to only 1 line.

Swamps aren't that hard, people exaggerate. If you get a good group of people with a head on their shoulders it is easy, time consuming, but easy.

setec
05-11-2010, 06:42 PM

FYI, you can only get to lvl 27 with Fathom maps

Rannos
05-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Enchanters get angry that the Swamps are too hard because they are use to the confined space of previous dungeons and blasting mobs. In swamps, this isn't as good a tactic, the tank cannot regain agro because the mobs get blasted too far. Communicate with the warrior, if he times his taunts after your blast it will wipe agro and you are safe.

amn624
05-11-2010, 06:45 PM
FYI, you can only get to lvl 27 with Fathom maps

S/b you can get to lvl 28, I would think. If you're three above max for Fathom, you still get xp, right? That would get you to 28.

- Mysteriane (lvl 26 Enchantress)

Rebel
05-11-2010, 06:48 PM
As for your, background on LE. Try changing the brightness on your ipod to high. That helped with me, but even with the brightness lower, I could see the screen perfectly clear. If you are in a bright room or outside in the sun, it might also make it hard to see the slight color differences on your ipod.

setec
05-11-2010, 07:19 PM
S/b you can get to lvl 28, I would think. If you're three above max for Fathom, you still get xp, right? That would get you to 28.

- Mysteriane (lvl 26 Enchantress)

Um, yeah, my math was WAY off. Lol. Yes, you are correct. 28. I'm going to cry in a corner now.

amn624
05-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Um, yeah, my math was WAY off. Lol. Yes, you are correct. 28. I'm going to cry in a corner now.

Wow. 'Scuse me for ruining your day.

Futumsh
05-11-2010, 07:45 PM
If you can't see spell effects in ice zones, maybe ice spells aren't what you should be using there? They'll generally be less effective on the creatures anyway.

amn624
05-11-2010, 07:51 PM
If you can't see spell effects in ice zones, maybe ice spells aren't what you should be using there? They'll generally be less effective on the creatures anyway.

Tks. I'm sure you're right but that means a respec, not exactly high on the list since the skills were working fine before.

I do think the developers have to be careful about the backgrounds in the future. All white, especially on high brightness, does not add to the fun. Also, if one needs to respec every time they move to another dungeon, that's going to be a bit lame.

Noname
05-11-2010, 10:13 PM
You can shorten the chat bar.
And you don't have to play on high brightness.
If you attack, it selects an enemy, puts a ring under it..
Same as if there were fire spells on a fire map. Hard to see, not the devs fault.
I think the contrast is fine, there is a clear distinction Between enemies and ground in my opinion. Try turning down your brightness?