PDA

View Full Version : Random quest to keep the game exciting....

Energizeric
08-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Here's an idea for a quest....

1) Take a random item in the game that drops from elite bosses in any of the campaigns, preferably not the current campaign. For example, imagine if it were demonlord helms, or bloodhammer armors, or something like that. But make it an item that is not very plentiful. And possibly even specific, for example it could be the "bloodhammer helm of will" for warrior, and a similar item for both rogues and sorcerers.

2) Add a quest, something like the Nekro quest, but with this item being the central crafting component. The other necessary crafting items can be farmed from elite dungeons just like in the Nekro quest. Except instead of an arcane pet being crafted, make it something legendary but really good, something like the Wild Talisman amulets where there is one version for each class. It could even be a legendary weapon.

3) This quest will be available for a limited time only, perhaps a holiday weekend, like Thursday to Tuesday. After Tuesday comes, no more items can be crafted, and they will become a discontinued item.

4) Announce this quest in advance so that everyone is ready to play, but do NOT announce what the main crafting item will be (the item mentioned in #1) until the update goes live.

This will create all sorts of excitement. Merchants will rush to buy up the crafting items in the auction, farmers will rush to farm for them, some players who may have them in their stash or in their inventory will be happy.

It will give players a sudden reason to farm some older elite dungeons for a weekend, and will result in a limited time item, perhaps something on the order of the Wild Talisman amulet -- something that is legendary, but very good and useful.

Any thoughts?

Sdbigdaddy
08-06-2014, 01:33 AM
Sounds like fun! And a good way for more people to participate. Is coding something like this time intensive? And they need to submit the update for approval. Too bad its not something they can quickly whip up.

Legallyblonde
08-06-2014, 02:03 AM
♪Wrong forum brøh, just cuz u want more people to see ur ideas don't mean you should post things where u shouldn't.♪

Ishtmeet
08-06-2014, 03:01 AM
♪Wrong forum brøh, just cuz u want more people to see ur ideas don't mean you should post things where u shouldn't.♪

Why do you even bother posting?
Yes its TRUE, most people visit this section and I really think, this is a better place to post this thread.
Don't tell anyone what to do.
P.S: great idea ener.. +1
Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Legallyblonde
08-06-2014, 03:30 AM
Why do you even bother posting?
Yes its TRUE, most people visit this section and I really think, this is a better place to post this thread.
Don't tell anyone what to do.
P.S: great idea ener.. +1
Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

♪Actually I wasn't telling him what to do. Just informing him that his thread was posted in the wrong section.
Don't get it twisted.♪

Madnex
08-06-2014, 03:47 AM
Tchu teik yur iritetin sengs en liev.

Sounds like a mythic weapons weekend but requiring actual work aside from finger taps in town. Just make sure to announce it a month ago so we don't flood in but-I-wasn't-here complain threads.

+1

SacredKnight
08-06-2014, 03:53 AM
I would like Abaddon to come back :/
I know this is never going to happen but I would like a lvl 31 Mythic Weapon upgrade quest/More Uller/Vili/Himi quests ( AL origin Quests) and an Arcane Deary

Anarchist
08-06-2014, 03:55 AM

Lol.

Elner
08-06-2014, 04:06 AM
Great idea. I miss the old days. And I also have some legendary armor in my stash that I do t want to sell. Those are some beautiful memories..

Bigboyblue
08-06-2014, 06:19 AM
Would be nice if something like this came along every once in a while.

GoodSyntax
08-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Any idea at this point would be good.

Honestly, things are very stagnant in game right now. Very few elite drops are selling (Magma Claymore, Totem, Wurmtounge and EGDs are the only valuable items now), locked aren't worth farming (not at 7k at least), so what is there to do in game now? How can someone who actually WANTS to play THE GAME earn a decent income?

It seems that the entire elite market has been decimated and there isn't any attention being paid to that fact at all.

I look around at what elites people are running, and at first, there was excitement over Vials and Parchments, meaning there were a lot of runs in Rockhorn, Ashral Tower and Caves. But now that the realization of perhaps <1% of the population will get their hands on a Fossil has sunk in, elite activity has slowed down considerably, and people have gone back to farming Caves and Trail, with the occasional Archon hunters in Rockhorn.

Very few are farming Nordr, and the only Kraken map that gets any consistent love is Southern Seas. Even LMM activity has slowed down because the value of Wrathjaw and Snaggletooth have dropped to all-time lows.

Rooks Nest isn't really worth farming now, since the market has been flooded with Mali eggs from elite PUGgers, and Kettle eggs are borderline worthless. Absolutely none of the pre-Nordr drops are even worth listing, and just the other day I got a lv40 Noble Doublet of Will from Grimnr, only to find out that I can't even sell it for 10k!

Please STS, do something! At least last season, Ferrix, Overgrowth and Krom were fun bosses to farm. Now, in Tindirin, with all the glitchy red zone deaths, and relatively long, high-risk runs, people just aren't enjoying it anymore - especially when there isn't a payoff in the form of a pink drop that has value.

Anarchist
08-06-2014, 03:22 PM
For who cares and wants new stuff to do.. i brought this up a couple of months ago:

Original thread:
www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?154107-Craftable-mythic-Sts-feed-your-horses

The mythic event i have in mind is something special.

There would be 1 mythic per type event(helm, armor ecc) every X months. The months between each event is left to sts since only them know when the next expansion is coming and it would be a total surprise no insider leaks. "Mythic event!*bam* the tower is accessible again gogo"

You can't craft more than one mythic item.
A mythic item crafted this way IS NOT SELLABLE and THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO CRAFT ONE DURING THE EVENT

This is how the crafting works.

There would be a tower called " The Tower" :/

How To Climb The Tower
:

The tower is formed by 8 rooms on the first 7 rooms there are 7 minibosses while on the 8th there is the main boss. The 8th room is always locked except you have 7 "Keys" lootable from the minibosses in each level. Every key is unique just like the flowers for the Mom's day event. Once you used seven keys to unlock the 8th room they vanish and you start collecting them again.
If your team arrives at the 8th tower and your keys < 7 you are sent back to Lv1.
The towers scale in difficulty the higher you go the harder it gets.
To access the next level you must kill all the mobs. The type of mobs i am talking about are like the ones in WT4, KM, Kraag, Hoards that leave no breathing space. Ones the team pulls a mob aggro there is no way to lose it except they run to the safe room.

Keys
:

Keys are not looted into inventory but are counted in base of the party so if a party composed by A ,B, C, D drop a key they all drop 1, not into their inventory but generally to know the missing keys all they have to do is check their quest info.
Now where is the difficulty?
If you leave the tower you lose all your keys. No dc are allowed. Preparation is fundamental.

The Boss and Minibosses
:

The miniboss only appears on the map when you killed ALL the mobs in the room. Killing a miniboss id the only way to spawn to the next Lv.

How To Upgrade
:

First of all if you want to craft lets say the Lv41 mythic sword n sheild. You must bring X magmatic claymores to a NPC that spawns when you kill the Lord of the tower. The NPCs name is "The Crafter". :/

This just a example:

500k - 1m.
3 magmatic claymores of assault craft you 1 mythic sheild n sword.
Or
5 magmatic claymores of will.
Or
8 magmatic claymore of tactics.
I don't know how prices are right now but the final value ratio must be 1:1:1.

The crafting process has a decent chance of ending up with a big fail. If it is successful in place of your items you get a untradeable mythic sword and sheild if the process fails you keep your items but lose the gold.

When you finish crating you are automatically kicked out of the Tower.

Mythic items crafted this way would have a slightly different colour from the crate ones.

I thought of this event cause i believe most crate openers, the horses that keep the wagon moving will probably get tired and frustrated because of the inhuman odds of locked crates after a long run. This imho would give crate openers a breathing space and make the players happy.
I would for sure be happy.

Madnex
08-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Really, there is no lack of good ideas, the issue here is that none is being seriously considered because they're too complex to fit in the AL progress plan that STS has made.

Sad but true.

Ninjasmurf
08-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Good idea bro but it doesn't require plat so it won't happen :/

Anarchist
08-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Really, there is no lack of good ideas, the issue here is that none is being seriously considered because they're too complex to fit in the AL progress plan that STS has made.

Sad but true.
I don't believe the developers even need people bringing them ideas. They are great and capable of doing complex stuff if they want.
The problem imo is sts is not willing to waste time and part of its developement team in serious projects that won't render any revenue.

The ideas that are really needed are those that can perfectly combine a revenue system with f2p content.
Dovabear was a smooth move from this point of view.

Players want free quest mythics and arcane pets but they have to understand its not possible. If the items that keep the locked engine moving are granted for free of charge who will open crates anymore?
The problem is complex...but maybe:

#1 creating ways for the f2p players to be able to efficiently reach the p2w items. ( appetible elite loots with frequent revamps)
And
#2 making the best f2p items in this case the best legendary items nearly as good as the mythics.
Making these special legendaries available through quests where you have to craft them with elites loot, calling them super legendaries, making them have darn good stats. Then leaving the mythic and arcanes locked crates exclusive for who wants the best of the best might get things lil better.

Ps: i dont understand why there are 2 super rare levels: mythics and arcanes. Balancing would have been way more easier with just one.

Sorcerie
08-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Any idea at this point would be good.

Honestly, things are very stagnant in game right now. Very few elite drops are selling (Magma Claymore, Totem, Wurmtounge and EGDs are the only valuable items now), locked aren't worth farming (not at 7k at least), so what is there to do in game now? How can someone who actually WANTS to play THE GAME earn a decent income?

It seems that the entire elite market has been decimated and there isn't any attention being paid to that fact at all.

I look around at what elites people are running, and at first, there was excitement over Vials and Parchments, meaning there were a lot of runs in Rockhorn, Ashral Tower and Caves. But now that the realization of perhaps <1% of the population will get their hands on a Fossil has sunk in, elite activity has slowed down considerably, and people have gone back to farming Caves and Trail, with the occasional Archon hunters in Rockhorn.

Very few are farming Nordr, and the only Kraken map that gets any consistent love is Southern Seas. Even LMM activity has slowed down because the value of Wrathjaw and Snaggletooth have dropped to all-time lows.

Rooks Nest isn't really worth farming now, since the market has been flooded with Mali eggs from elite PUGgers, and Kettle eggs are borderline worthless. Absolutely none of the pre-Nordr drops are even worth listing, and just the other day I got a lv40 Noble Doublet of Will from Grimnr, only to find out that I can't even sell it for 10k!

Please STS, do something! At least last season, Ferrix, Overgrowth and Krom were fun bosses to farm. Now, in Tindirin, with all the glitchy red zone deaths, and relatively long, high-risk runs, people just aren't enjoying it anymore - especially when there isn't a payoff in the form of a pink drop that has value.This completely.

Although I'm giving STS the benefit of the doubt seeing as how the new arena and tombs are coming, which is sure to bring about a great deal of activity back to the game and to farmers like us. Lord knows we desperately need it, but that still doesn't change the fact that elites will only continue to die further since in my experience new content has a lifespan of about two and a half weeks before things come to a screeching halt again.

We really do need something long term and time consuming. I'm not a PL fapper, but I have to agree there needs to be legit quests like the ones in that title that will drive people to WANT to farm. The easiest solution would be to update the tooth vendor with weapons and gears that people will really want, not some janky legendary with a LOL proc that nobody wants when elite weapons and event gear are considerably better.

Energizeric
08-06-2014, 05:45 PM

Sad but true.

My idea does not require any new dungeons or any fancy programming, only a couple of new drops added to the drop table along with a new crafting recipe and a few new items. No new dungeons, no new bosses, no new towns, etc. It would be very easy for them and no more difficult than it was for them to add Nekro, probably even easier.

aquascaper
08-06-2014, 05:52 PM
I would like Abaddon to come back :/
I know this is never going to happen but I would like a lvl 31 Mythic Weapon upgrade quest/More Uller/Vili/Himi quests ( AL origin Quests) and an Arcane Deary

What about the #shoesformages :tongue:

j3peaz
08-07-2014, 11:10 AM
This idea has potential. It could happen once a month and the items change so new things to gather and new gear. Reward could be from gear to vanity to banners to even a type of event chest. +101 imo

Madnex
08-07-2014, 11:25 AM
My idea does not require any new dungeons or any fancy programming, only a couple of new drops added to the drop table along with a new crafting recipe and a few new items. No new dungeons, no new bosses, no new towns, etc. It would be very easy for them and no more difficult than it was for them to add Nekro, probably even easier.
The schedule appears so tight there is not even room for important and easy patches like elixirs working on PvP (not to mention core game mechanisms like the buff/debuff system that were flawed by design and god knows in how many years they'll be corrected). Just consider that it took over a year to make stat pages reflect our actual damage..

Energizeric
08-07-2014, 01:01 PM
This idea has potential. It could happen once a month and the items change so new things to gather and new gear. Reward could be from gear to vanity to banners to even a type of event chest. +101 imo

Vanity items sound like an excellent idea. How about if they were to choose a popular armor from past campaigns, perhaps something nice looking like demonlord, and then allow us to convert it to vanity by doing the quest. I think that would be a cool idea.