PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the Elite-pet not being character bound in the beginning

stricker20000
08-06-2014, 07:12 AM
First of all this pet glitch didn't just give people a few freebies but it has been really exploited.
Second these aren't just a few little freebies, 300k or more for, let's say, 5 characters (76 and below) saved because they already got the 77 cap reward is a HUGE advantage.
It would be really unfair if people could keep the exploited rings and have cap reward for all their characters while other people have to cap them all.
Furthermore it wasn't announced that you get cap-reward for all of your chars if you cap one of them fast and I believe it was not intended.

Problem:
As the elite cap pet was not character bound you could craft elite
rings for all toons.
As the BSM cap has been there for about 2 years (idk how long exactly)
many people have capped several characters to level 76 and as a
result they could take a huge advantage of this glitch.
Even e.g. level 56 characters who have capped during balefort sewers
cap can now be still level 56 and have 2-piece-ring which is pretty
overpowered in pvp (imagine they also got founders..super overpowered)

Many people just keep quiet and let this discussion pass without comment until it's all water under the bridge.

Somemager
08-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Kinda true i capped every class 76 and am just demotivated at doing 1.5m of experience just for a 2 pc on all classes. Kinda saddens me now that if i would of bought plat and capped one toon i could of gotten a ring on all my classes like the rest of the people.

Darkterror
08-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Please take the rings away from people who abused the stash petbug. I just brought some platinum and can only cap one toon. while other people got 2 piece in all their toons.... Plus the toon im capping ( my main darkterror ) Wont get ANYTHING for doing so. After this massive mistake and the overpopulation of ""elite players " you guys better let the old players keep getting stronger. Because now we gotta deal with your mistake..our real elite toons are being downgraded. I could get a 3piece fox toon with stashable pet....but what do i get ? A downgrade.

Ssneakykills
08-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Delete the glitch rings if that's even possible

Suentous PO
08-06-2014, 01:09 PM
I don't yet assume it is a glitch, more than a few posts have mentioned that it is possible and there is no response.
I know the moderators read most posts as many are edited daily yet this remains.
I wouldn't be the least surprised to see them say something to the effect of " it was or intention as the requirement was so high that you could do that."

Until they say -oops, or we know, I won't assume either way and if they say nothing I will gladly give my 6 one piece toons a 2 piece ring.

This is most likely the last cap anyhow.

SillyJuan
08-06-2014, 01:30 PM
I say make it stashable again , except only 76 player can equip it , I mean c'mon 300k xp? I can't cap 4 76s, that's insane. 1 is enough

Luca Alessandro Bamba
08-06-2014, 01:53 PM
The problem is 300k itself. There's nothing elite in grinding 300k, it's just boring. I capped one char, was already boring enough, cant think of capping the others

Inviato dal mio GT-I9105P utilizzando Tapatalk

Somemager
08-06-2014, 02:14 PM
I say make it stashable again , except only 76 player can equip it , I mean c'mon 300k xp? I can't cap 4 76s, that's insane. 1 is enough

Omg yes! Stg pls do this!

Nihiliste
08-06-2014, 02:26 PM
First of all this pet glitch didn't just give people a few freebies but it has been really exploited.
Second these aren't just a few little freebies, 300k or more for, let's say, 5 characters (76 and below) saved because they already got the 77 cap reward is a HUGE advantage.
It would be really unfair if people could keep the exploited rings and have cap reward for all their characters while other people have to cap them all.
Furthermore it wasn't announced that you get cap-reward for all of your chars if you cap one of them fast and I believe it was not intended.

Problem:
As the elite cap pet was not character bound you could craft elite
rings for all toons.
As the BSM cap has been there for about 2 years (idk how long exactly)
many people have capped several characters to level 76 and as a
result they could take a huge advantage of this glitch.
Even e.g. level 56 characters who have capped during balefort sewers
cap can now be still level 56 and have 2-piece-ring which is pretty
overpowered in pvp (imagine they also got founders..super overpowered)

Many people just keep quiet and let this discussion pass without comment until it's all water under the bridge.

I agree, these exploited rings must all be removed. These rings were not earned.

Everyone'sFavMage
08-06-2014, 02:28 PM
I agree, these exploited rings must all be removed. These rings were not earned.

5mill says if u had benefited you wouldn't be saying that. @.@ but that's none of my business.

Cyk
08-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Is this how I got banned? Because two of my other friends got banned too and
We don't know what got us banned.. Sad

Suentous PO
08-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Is this how I got banned? Because two of my other friends got banned too and
We don't know what got us banned.. Sad

None of us would know why you did.

The last major exploitable glitch I can remember was the fang elixir glitch. Stg made a post about it after they found out warning ppl the next day. Here being that it's a week after and no word. That is what leads me to believe they don't see a problem ( I still allow I could be wrong).
Ppl weren't banned unless they were selling the secret to how it worked. Those that did it were simply rolled back.
So if it's unintended I bet they'd just remove them with a forum explanation.
I doubt they'd ban over it.

Oldcoot
08-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Boy there sure was some mad folk back then

Apa
08-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Yes!! Remove the undeserved rings please.

Rescind
08-06-2014, 03:29 PM
What if that stash able elite pet was the secret item for capping fast like the egg?
CONSPIRACY!

Remiem
08-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Hi all,

Just letting you know that the devs are looking into what action to take on this issue. I'll post an update in announcements when I know more. Thanks!

programmed
08-06-2014, 03:45 PM
I think they should take the rings from all the people who took advantage of this bug or move the rings onto a capped character and off of the non-capped. This could really mess up PvP giving anyone who capped at 77 an advantage over everyone else.

Ssneakykills
08-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Hi all,

Just letting you know that the devs are looking into what action to take on this issue. I'll post an update in announcements when I know more. Thanks!

Good to hear, thank you!

iceQueen69
08-07-2014, 12:57 AM
5mill says if u had benefited you wouldn't be saying that. @.@ but that's none of my business.

u owe him 5m then. kev is one of the few people whod stick to taht

stricker20000
08-07-2014, 04:27 AM
I don't yet assume it is a glitch, more than a few posts have mentioned that it is possible and there is no response.
I know the moderators read most posts as many are edited daily yet this remains.
I wouldn't be the least surprised to see them say something to the effect of " it was or intention as the requirement was so high that you could do that."

Until they say -oops, or we know, I won't assume either way and if they say nothing I will gladly give my 6 one piece toons a 2 piece ring.

This is most likely the last cap anyhow.

lol.

Suentous PO
08-07-2014, 09:01 AM
lol.

Derpderpderp

( I still allow I could be wrong).

stricker20000
08-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Derpderpderp

watch your mouth

Isopure
08-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Seeing as only a few people have capped 77 between when it came out and Monday who cares?

Wait so people are now telling me rings make a huge advantage?! Lol please.... I've been saying that for such a looooooonnnnnggggg time. One of my more favorite responses is "stop complaining rings don't matter or help much." THIS IS THE BEST ONE --->> "you should have capped earlier"

So that is my answer to you all now. Stop complaining not many people have capped from 76-77 from Monday so GET OVER IT

"RINGS DONT MATTER. AND YOU SHOULD HAVE CAPPED EARLIER!!"

Suentous PO
08-07-2014, 01:06 PM
watch your mouth

Hope we can remain penpals after girlscout camp!

Cavoc
08-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Take away the reward for the people who endlessly grinded and capped by Monday afternoon! Great idea!
While you're at it let's take away the egg and all the other exclusive things at every other cap because it's just nottttt faaaaairrrrr!!!!

This is hilarious. There's so much hypocrisy in this thread.

BroadCastle
08-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Take away the reward for the people who endlessly grinded and capped by Monday afternoon! Great idea!
While you're at it let's take away the egg and all the other exclusive things at every other cap because it's just nottttt faaaaairrrrr!!!!

I can only hope you realize how stupid is what you just wrote. Mixing elite egg - announced and fair reward for fast grinders - which nobody ever complained on with unfortunate and unwanted bug... I really would expect some more sophisticated reason from senior player like you. Talking about hypocrisy while you are the lucent example of this characteristic.

Cavoc
08-07-2014, 01:58 PM
I can only hope you realize how stupid is what you just wrote. Mixing elite egg - announced and fair reward for fast grinders - which nobody ever complained on with unfortunate and unwanted bug... I really would expect some more sophisticated reason from senior player like you. Talking about hypocrisy while you are the lucent example of this characteristic.

I could give an elaborate reason for why I disagree with this, but I think I'll save my breathe (thumbs rather) on this one. What I think has already been posted above, and I thanked it.

Isopure
08-07-2014, 02:03 PM
^^ his point is right though. He was going to say exactly what I did but I said it first. Fact of the matter is some people missed out on the glitch so tough sh*t for them. Glitch is passed and patched up now so the crying needs to stop.

With this new level people should be more appreciative and greatful that we get an opertunity to get a ring and earn more titles ect ect. Although I will say that sts should have done a through check on glitches like this because it seems pretty hard to miss.

BroadCastle
08-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Thanks for explaining. Still I'll never agree or get comfortable with this. I vote for fair play rather than some glitches. If this was regular part of reward for Cut-Throat players, I would fully accept that and would only congratz you for having this advantage (call me hypocrite if you don't trust) but now, also regarding that even some players who did cap fast enough still haven't exploited that glitch, it's regularly unfair in my oppinion.

stricker20000
08-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Seeing as only a few people have capped 77 between when it came out and Monday who cares?

Wait so people are now telling me rings make a huge advantage?! Lol please.... I've been saying that for such a looooooonnnnnggggg time. One of my more favorite responses is "stop complaining rings don't matter or help much." THIS IS THE BEST ONE --->> "you should have capped earlier"

So that is my answer to you all now. Stop complaining not many people have capped from 76-77 from Monday so GET OVER IT

"RINGS DONT MATTER. AND YOU SHOULD HAVE CAPPED EARLIER!!"

First of all the advantage in this case are the free rings for alt chars not the rings themselves (rings should be given to capped chars only). So your response is not really on this topic. It's about the pet glitch not about advantage of elite rings in PvP.

And no not many have capped but you can't just let a few people exploit a glitch and then do nothing. So was this announced? Did anyone know he has to cap fast? No. It's not fair and games should be as fair as possible. Get over it.

stricker20000
08-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Hope we can remain penpals after girlscout camp!

Nope we can't. Didn't know you are gonna visit a girlscout camp...have fun :)

NotYoCookiez
08-07-2014, 02:51 PM

they arent asking to taking away the reward... just the exploit.

stricker20000
08-07-2014, 02:53 PM

Eggs etc were announced...this one was simply a glitch an not intended. Nobody knew this would happen. And endlessly grinding doesn't mean pay 1,5k plat and enable xp gain 24/7

Somemager
08-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Only ones complaining / disagreeing on the removal of the rings that were glitched were the ones who abused it , nuff said.

stricker20000
08-07-2014, 02:59 PM
^^ his point is right though. He was going to say exactly what I did but I said it first. Fact of the matter is some people missed out on the glitch so tough sh*t for them. Glitch is passed and patched up now so the crying needs to stop.

With this new level people should be more appreciative and greatful that we get an opertunity to get a ring and earn more titles ect ect. Although I will say that sts should have done a through check on glitches like this because it seems pretty hard to miss.

"Some people missed out on the glitch so tough ... for them." --- It was a glitch and NOT ANNOUNCED, nobody would complain if it would have been announced since everyone would have been able to decide whether to cap fast to profit or to let it pass. Please think about what you are writing before you claim the truth for yourself.

Suentous PO
08-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Nope we can't. Didn't know you are gonna visit a girlscout camp...have fun :)

Apology accepted, have a good kwanza.

Somemager
08-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Also this is a huge disadvantage to most because those who abused the glitch saved 1-6k plat and several days of grinding to 77 while the rest of us have to spend days and plat to cap our toons.

Darkterror
08-07-2014, 03:14 PM
LoL i could count with my hands how many fox should have 3 piece. And how many shoudnt. Today iv seen many many foxes that are 76 and have 2 piece. Not nice man.

stricker20000
08-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Apology accepted, have a good kwanza.

I'm sorry that you have to celebrate kwanza in the girscout camp but don't think everyone else does.

stricker20000
08-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Also this is a huge disadvantage to most because those who abused the glitch saved 1-6k plat and several days of grinding to 77 while the rest of us have to spend days and plat to cap our toons.

Yea but some people obviously don't get this

Suentous PO
08-07-2014, 03:42 PM
I'm sorry that you have to celebrate kwanza in the girscout camp but don't think everyone else does.

Because mayo is an instrument.

TastyChickens
08-07-2014, 05:01 PM
u play tf2 too???? stricker :D?

Suentous PO
08-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Although I will say that sts should have done a through check on glitches like this because it seems pretty hard to miss.

Agreed, that's why I didn't assume either way it was or wasn't intended.

Seoratrek
08-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Hey everyone,

Since Remiem has already said the devs are looking into a solution, I'm going to close this thread now. Thanks!