PDA

View Full Version : Endgame pvp help

Caabatric
08-06-2014, 11:26 PM
Hey can someone pls share with me an effective non-mythic oriented way to do decent in pvp. I run with curse, light, shield, ice, and heal go with pure int build and run with Talock helm and armor of assault, Lunar pendant, Expe rifle of brut, and some elo ring.

Are their stats which I should focus my gear to get or any build or strategies to kill mythic people.
My ratio in pvp is currently 1-1 but mainly because of early pvping.

Thanks in advance. :)

Instanthumor
08-07-2014, 03:00 AM
Hey can someone pls share with me an effective non-mythic oriented way to do decent in pvp. I run with curse, light, shield, ice, and heal go with pure int build and run with Talock helm and armor of assault, Lunar pendant, Expe rifle of brut, and some elo ring.

Are their stats which I should focus my gear to get or any build or strategies to kill mythic people.
My ratio in pvp is currently 1-1 but mainly because of early pvping.

Thanks in advance. :)

GG bud

Alhuntrazeck
08-07-2014, 07:04 AM
This season it's going to be really really hard to survive as a non-mythic user. I did it, but that was the last 2 seasons...this season, the mythic weapons will thrash you.

It IS, however, possible. First, you've got the wrong gear. Get Ancient Druidic of Brut armor and helm. Ring, I'm not sure because I ran with silver hoop of brutality before I got my mythic ring - compare stats and see which plays more to your liking.
Pure int won't be enough. Add a couple of points into STR - maybe around 10. STR strengthens your shield as well which is a plus. Try to make your damage go above say 450 - it won't be too hard as long as you get your hands on a damage % pet (dovabear f.e).

For build, Fire curse shield heal would be a good one for PvP. In 1v1s, click on my signature to read how to kill a rogue. I also wrote up a guide on how to play a mage right here at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?162705-Guide-to-Being-a-Successful-Mage-in-CTF.

Following these strategies, you should be able to hold your own in PvP. Bear in mind, almost all mythic users will walk over you (especially warriors) so be sure to stay RGed. PvP will be hard for you - make your priority farming for mythics. It isn't too hard, about 2m for the armor and helm together - the mage set is especially cheap.

It is however doable, don't be discouraged. I know several non mythic mages who give me a hard time in PvP (hunt up this guy called Eternaldarkns - very good mage in 1v1s and he doesn't use mythics). You could be one of them! :p

Caabatric
08-07-2014, 12:08 PM
This season it's going to be really really hard to survive as a non-mythic user. I did it, but that was the last 2 seasons...this season, the mythic weapons will thrash you.

It IS, however, possible. First, you've got the wrong gear. Get Ancient Druidic of Brut armor and helm. Ring, I'm not sure because I ran with silver hoop of brutality before I got my mythic ring - compare stats and see which plays more to your liking.
Pure int won't be enough. Add a couple of points into STR - maybe around 10. STR strengthens your shield as well which is a plus. Try to make your damage go above say 450 - it won't be too hard as long as you get your hands on a damage % pet (dovabear f.e).

For build, Fire curse shield heal would be a good one for PvP. In 1v1s, click on my signature to read how to kill a rogue. I also wrote up a guide on how to play a mage right here at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?162705-Guide-to-Being-a-Successful-Mage-in-CTF.

Following these strategies, you should be able to hold your own in PvP. Bear in mind, almost all mythic users will walk over you (especially warriors) so be sure to stay RGed. PvP will be hard for you - make your priority farming for mythics. It isn't too hard, about 2m for the armor and helm together - the mage set is especially cheap.

It is however doable, don't be discouraged. I know several non mythic mages who give me a hard time in PvP (hunt up this guy called Eternaldarkns - very good mage in 1v1s and he doesn't use mythics). You could be one of them! :p

Thanks

Energizeric
08-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Here's what I would do if budget is of concern:

Expedition Rifle of Brutality
Ancient Druid Helm of Brutality
Ancient Druid Robe of Brutality
Archon Ring of Brutality
Wild Talisman of Brutality

This gear will cost you about 1.5m combined. If that is too much, then eliminate the Wild Talisman of Brutality and instead go with a level 36 Tarlok Brutality amulet.

As for skills, I would go with Ice, Lightning, Curse, Shield, and put the rest in passive INT, STR, Crit, Armor, and DEX if you have any leftover points.

As for pets, if mythics are out of the question then Dovabear, Colton, Clyde, and Haze are all decent options. I'd try to get Slag if you can manage it.

Try to stay away from 1 on 1 situations and instead stay with the group. Curse mages can be very effective in clashes, but not as much in 1 on 1 situations.

Instanthumor
08-07-2014, 02:51 PM
As for skills, I would go with Ice, Lightning, Curse, Shield, and put the rest in passive INT, STR, Crit, Armor, and DEX if you have any leftover points.

As for pets, if mythics are out of the question then Dovabear, Colton, Clyde, and Haze are all decent options. I'd try to get Slag if you can manage it.

Try to stay away from 1 on 1 situations and instead stay with the group. Curse mages can be very effective in clashes, but not as much in 1 on 1 situations.

As a beginner, I wouldn't recommend the build stated above. Shield, Heal, Fireball, and Lightning is a good way to start you off. For stat points, give yourself about 140-150 str first and then insert the rest into int. Colton, Clyde, Shadowlurk are good options and always stick next to someone. Join a decent pvp guild and don't pvp alone.

4/5 Shield (without knockback)
3/5 Lightning (increased dmg and increased dmg on crit upgrades)
3/5 Heal (mana upgrade and hp regen upgrade)
5/5 Fireball

5/5 int, str, dex, crit
The rest in durable passive

It's free respec weekend, use it to your advantage.

Caabatric
08-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Here's what I would do if budget is of concern:

Expedition Rifle of Brutality
Ancient Druid Helm of Brutality
Ancient Druid Robe of Brutality
Archon Ring of Brutality
Wild Talisman of Brutality

This gear will cost you about 1.5m combined. If that is too much, then eliminate the Wild Talisman of Brutality and instead go with a level 36 Tarlok Brutality amulet.

I use this exact build. I have a slag so that isn't a problem. I also have lunar pendant should I still use the pendant mentioned??

Thx for the advice. :)

Caabatric
08-07-2014, 05:05 PM
As a beginner, I wouldn't recommend the build stated above. Shield, Heal, Fireball, and Lightning is a good way to start you off. For stat points, give yourself about 140-150 str first and then insert the rest into int. Colton, Clyde, Shadowlurk are good options and always stick next to someone. Join a decent pvp guild and don't pvp alone.

4/5 Shield (without knockback)
3/5 Lightning (increased dmg and increased dmg on crit upgrades)
3/5 Heal (mana upgrade and hp regen upgrade)
5/5 Fireball

5/5 int, str, dex, crit
The rest in durable passive

It's free respec weekend, use it to your advantage.

I used this build but found it ineffective against mythic people But okay against non mythic.

Energizeric
08-07-2014, 05:10 PM
I use this exact build. I have a slag so that isn't a problem. I also have lunar pendant should I still use the pendant mentioned??

Thx for the advice. :)

Without mythic helm and armor, your crit is going to be very low, so it would seem like there is no point on concentrating on crit and instead you need to boost your defenses a bit. The wild talisman gives you 70+ armor and also gives some extra health and a really nice proc when you get hit. The only thing lacking compared to the Lunar is that extra 2.25 crit.

If you can manage the Talisman, then I would get it. It will cost considerably more than the Lunar though.

But given the choice, I would go with Archon/Talisman instead of mythic ring & lunar amulet. You will make up for the health lost from not having the mythic ring by having the talisman, and you will make up for the lost crit by not having the lunar by using the archon. And then you get both the extra 70 armor and the proc of the talisman, both which would be missing with the mythic ring and lunar combo.

I think the main issue with your build listed in your first post was a lack of STR points. In your tarlok assault helm & armor, and in your elondrian ring, you are not getting any STR points, so your shield protection is very weak. Also, armor is very weak in the Tarlok Assault gear. By switching to Ancient Druid Brutality helm and armor, and by switching to archon ring of brutality, you will pick up a lot of health and armor and will only lose minimal damage, and you will also pick up about 65-70 STR points, which will result in your shield absorbing about 500 more points of damage. You will have much better survivability in clashes.

If you use the gear I listed instead of what you have been using, you will probably also see an increase in total health of around 400 points, and a total increase in armor of 250+ points. That together with the extra 500 points of shield protection will make you much harder to kill. Your damage will probably only decrease 10-20 points, which is not that huge.

If you make the gear changes I suggest, I don't think you need to spec any STR points, although you can still try it if you feel too squishy. Remember that whenever possible, choose STR/INT gear and not DEX/INT gear. STR gives much more health and also boosts your shield protection. DEX only gives half as much health as STR and only gives a very tiny damage boost.

Instanthumor
08-07-2014, 05:18 PM
I used his build but found it ineffective against mythic people But okay against non mythic.

Well you see, 99% of players that actively pvp at endgame have mythics. If you can't afford the Talisman, stick to your Lunar pendant. You should also save some gold for later to purchase a mythic ring. Remember, crit isn't a priority; survivability is. If two mages were to 1v1 each other (I tested this), same gear/build, and one were to use a mythic ring and the other an archon ring, the mage with the mythic ring would stand superior to the archon user. As a mage, it isn't your job to deal optimal damage. Stick with a warrior at all times and you should be fine.

Energizeric
08-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Well you see, 99% of players that actively pvp at endgame have mythics. If you can't afford the Talisman, stick to your Lunar pendant. You should also save some gold for later to purchase a mythic ring. Remember, crit isn't a priority; survivability is. If two mages were to 1v1 each other (I tested this), same gear/build, and one were to use a mythic ring and the other an archon ring, the mage with the mythic ring would stand superior to the archon user. As a mage, it isn't your job to deal optimal damage. Stick with a warrior at all times and you should be fine.

I think if he can't afford mythic helm & armor, then he's most likely not getting a mythic ring.

Talisman + archon ring cost less than mythic ring + lunar, and is probably a better combination IMO.

Instanthumor
08-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Talisman + archon ring cost less than mythic ring + lunar, and is probably a better combination IMO.

Key words: IMO (in your opinion).

Caabatric
08-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Thx guys for all the advice. I will soon buy the talisman then get the mythic gear and the archon talisman combo.