PDA

View Full Version : Further guild implementation

Arterra
01-16-2011, 12:58 AM
Hope this doesn't has to wait till 1.8, but listen to my suggestion. They are based off other games and in general working guild structures

-guild items-
The game fallensword has a effective guild item sharing system. You tag an item for the guild, and put it into guild bank slots. You start with only like 2 slots, but can buy much more with their version of Plat. Any item in bank slots can be take and used, but also instantly recalled in case member goes rouge or inactive.
This would also save some trouble off the assigned guild banker. Instead of being on for everyone, he Deposits items into box for the people who asked and can leave. simple!
edit: if the item is saved, obviously cannot enter a trade with it or sell it... prob not even stash it allowed.
make sure that you can manually disable is higher ranked players can lock/unlock items.

-ranking-
Having different rankings, where you can assign what powers they have (edit info page/ members/ take out items/ see members at all) can help not only give responsibilities but also have a new member rank for testing where Thayer are unable to do damage, and at same time a rank for like a co-leader so he has secondary full control.

superglut2
01-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Guild bank very important

Thelonearcher
01-16-2011, 03:31 AM
No! Guild bank is the worse idea ever! all it will do is attract beggers.

hawkei
01-16-2011, 03:35 AM
agreed.........

Rebel
01-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Why would you invite beggars to your guild in the first place?

Echelong
01-16-2011, 10:27 AM
I love the idea Arterra hope the devs like it too.

Kossi
01-16-2011, 11:03 AM

*cough* *cough*

Arterra
01-16-2011, 11:13 AM

make sure to not let them in. make sure they are good characters. make sure they have some of their own items anyway. beggars cant be choosers, give them a starting rank (test rank) where they are unable to see guild bank for about 5-7 days, or until trusted. that should weed out a few.

MoarPewPew
01-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Sound great. And I hope to see it.

You should google the guild bank system in WoW. It is exactly like this.

LoztChaos
01-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Guild banking is very effective in-game and would work perfectly with this type of game, I agree there should be one!

Conradin
01-16-2011, 08:04 PM
I like it....

Arterra
03-17-2011, 08:06 PM
all-too-epic guild system bump

Arterra
12-13-2011, 07:42 AM
enough time has passed for guilds to be common place i take it. back to the suggestion box we go!