PDA

View Full Version : Become the change =)

Spell
08-07-2014, 10:35 AM
I am creating this thread in hopes that everyone in the world of arlor can come together and bring peace and harmony
Lately in PvP and in towns iv seen that there is so much hate going on.Name calling ,threats,so much verbal abuse its scary =c
I myself have fallen into this pit of shame U.U but I want out of it as I hope most others do .
Let's all united to stop the ugly words in arlor ! Remember that behind every toon there is a real person with feelings =)

I have made this banner idea in hopes that maybe it can be created and worn throughout Arlor !
Together we can all Stop bullying and verbal abuse !
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t471/xxxbalckxxx/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1407425050395.jpg (http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/xxxbalckxxx/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1407425050395.jpg.html)

Please keep this thread clean =)

Spell
08-07-2014, 10:36 AM
So who would wear this banner =)

How would u help the fight to end bullying ?

obee
08-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Yep. Cyber bullying is not cool. It's getting really lame, this PVP drama. Just a game. Just a game. Go out in real life. Discover what humans are about

lethaljade
08-07-2014, 10:42 AM
I think thats a awesome idea lia, id defo be up for wearing that banner.

supersyan
08-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Just hide chat window. if they pm you then report

Beuefres
08-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Great idea... all this ugliness should stop, thank you for taking the initiative....I hope all will follow in stopping all this verbal abuse and bullying.

Anarchist
08-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Spell/Lia what do you mean by "bullying" can you define it for me with a concrate example? Thanks.

Spell
08-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Just hide chat window. if they pm you then report

Ignore list is better.You should only report a person if he/she is really getting out of hand.

But I'd like to change that.we should all enjoy playing the game we love with friends we have made =)
For some people if not all this game is an escape from the real world ! Let's face it we have enough problems in the real world =c when we plug/log/connect into Al we all just wanna have fun =)

matanofx
08-07-2014, 10:57 AM
Dat banner tho, how much?

Jurmans
Sts would make it 25 plat for sure so no ty, if it's free I would wear it though:).

Zeus
Darn, I can't bully Lia anymore! :(

Ellysius
08-07-2014, 10:58 AM

I would.

obee
08-07-2014, 10:58 AM

Not the place for jokes

Spell
08-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Spell/Lia what do you mean by "bullying" can you define it for me with a concrate example? Thanks.

There are endless examples I'm sure everyone who has entered PvP.I don't see the need to provide any more.
And yes I MYSLEF am not an innocent butterfly.But I do hope to be the start of something new =)
Turning over a new leaf as one might put it ^_^

Jurmans
08-07-2014, 11:00 AM

U sure got me, the banner looks cool, a good replacement for my mom tatoo:).

Xeusx
*so laughly evil* Muahahaha! :3 (Seriously i dont have reason to laugh)

Ishtmeet
This can only be possible if,
All the members of Those 2-3 Guilds read this! Only those are creating dramas etc etc. You know which, those PvP guilds ofc as there is no drama in PvE.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Spell
Dat banner tho, how much?

Should be free =) imo

keikali
08-07-2014, 11:01 AM
So I can't call people nabs anymore? But its a term of endearment......most of the time.

#lol@pvderp

Giuewek
08-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Of course I would totally buy this, no one should ever be bullied in real life or even online.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Jurmans
08-07-2014, 11:02 AM
All the members of Those 2-3 Guilds read this! Only those are creating dramas etc etc. You know which, those PvP guilds ofc as there is no drama in PvE.

Kk u can pm all god army members and indo warriors etc. It would take a long time.

Ishtmeet
08-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Kk u can pm all god army members and indo warriors etc. It would take a long time.

All of them are kids- mostly. Don't need to teach them as kids never listen.

Xeusx
08-07-2014, 11:05 AM
*Continue laughing so evil* MUAHAHAHHAAH!

Spell
08-07-2014, 11:05 AM

Lol parth I'd still wuv u =)

Zeus
08-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Not the place for jokes

I think light-hearted behavior is what is needed to cure the bullying. After all, most of it originates from being too serious so it is the place for jokes. :D

obee
I think light-hearted behavior is what is needed to cure the bullying. After all, most of it originates from being too serious so it is the place for jokes. :D

Haha true

Jurmans

Lol I'm 15 (a kid I guess) and I would defo wear it.(ofc also act like I believe in what the banner stands for).

Zeus
08-07-2014, 11:07 AM
There are endless examples I'm sure everyone who has entered PvP.I don't see the need to provide any more.
And yes I MYSLEF am not an innocent butterfly.But I do hope to be the start of something new =)

Where's that delicate flower Xena warrior princess meme when you need it? :D

Yeah, I'll support you in this though. That is, as long as I'm allowed to joke around! :D

Lol parth I'd still wuv u =)
Now it's quoted so you can never take it back! :D

Spell
08-07-2014, 11:07 AM

Let's keep guild names out please =)
Nothing good can come from pointing fingers (/_\)

GoodSyntax
08-07-2014, 11:08 AM

But I'm getting ganged in Caves! Oh, wait, they always do that....

Hoardseeker
08-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Spell Sponcers the Free Banners! CHEERS! ;)

Anarchist
08-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Sincerity +1. (Ye i was one of your victims. :P)

And nice banner.. i like the spiral particles =)

One love ♡♥

Spell
08-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Where's that delicate flower Xena warrior princess meme when you need it? :D

Yeah, I'll support you in this though. That is, as long as I'm allowed to joke around! :D

Lol parthy as long as the jokes make happy smiles =D
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t471/xxxbalckxxx/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140724_052302.jpg (http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/xxxbalckxxx/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140724_052302.jpg.html)

Jurmans
08-07-2014, 11:10 AM

Lol

Jurmans
08-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Let's keep guild names out please =)
Nothing good can come from pointing fingers (/_\)

Kk srry lia:(.

obee
08-07-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm a kid XD

Spell
08-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Sincerity +1. (Ye i was one of your victims. :P)

And nice banner.. i like the spiral particles =)

One love ♡♥

I send u my sincerest apologies if I have ever been a jerk to u in PvP . never again will I be a bully.
A little birdie saved me from udder destruction yesterday and I'm forever greatful !
I will continue this antibullying till my last AL days =)

obee
08-07-2014, 11:13 AM

I'm a kid and I listen

Jurmans
I'm a kid XD

Lol random

Zeus
Lol parthy
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t471/xxxbalckxxx/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140724_052302.jpg (http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/xxxbalckxxx/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140724_052302.jpg.html)

Scary, delicate feminine flower, tbh.

Ishtmeet
08-07-2014, 11:15 AM
I'm a kid and I listen

Do you play level 10 pvp? No, right? Was not for you.

Zeus
08-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Lia, you have a PM by the way.

Best of luck of this movement. I'll try to hold my tongue as best as I can. Catch me when I trip up, yeah? I'll do the same for you!

Jurmans
08-07-2014, 11:17 AM

I play lvl 7 pvp:).

keikali
08-07-2014, 11:18 AM

Best of luck of this movement. I'll try to hold my tongue as best as I can. Catch me when I trip up, yeah? I'll do the same for you!

I will be there to instigate you Parf. :D

Madnex
08-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Idk, bullying guild members on elites makes fast learners. :)

Spell
08-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Idk, bullying guild members on elites makes fast learners. :)

Lol that's not nice!

ipredator
08-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Lia the peacemaking angel <3

ipredator
08-07-2014, 12:08 PM

Perving is not bullying.. So we are fine, sniff.

leoakre
08-07-2014, 12:08 PM
I'm a kid and I listen

Rofl Obee!

Zeus
08-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Perving is not bullying.. So we are fine, sniff.

Until we upset them...then we're the bad guys! :(

Rare
08-07-2014, 12:26 PM
I'm curious... is this a real movement? Or is this another "I'll do it until someone makes me mad, then its eye for an eye"?

exoxo
08-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Yep. Cyber bullying is not cool. It's getting really lame, this PVP drama. Just a game. Just a game. Go out in real life. Discover what humans are about

But i live near the hood ;_;

Spell
08-07-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm curious... is this a real movement? Or is this another "I'll do it until someone makes me mad, then its eye for an eye"?

No I will be standing by this 100% no matter what people say =)
It only takes one to start a change but it will take all of us to make it happen!

Spell
08-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Lia the peacemaking angel <3

I'm not innocent lol but I really wanna make a change <3

Serancha
08-07-2014, 12:42 PM

Wow, it's about the thread dedicated to being nice.....

famousfame
08-07-2014, 12:55 PM

Hmm iv still got all the ss of when u was abusing me but I never had heart to report and get you banned, but in mind of that I salute ur initiative and will wear ur banner proudly :-)

nativex = plat spam :p

jiph
08-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Is a mmo how do u expect people to act? You should qiut mmos if you don't like it.

Spell
08-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Is a mmo how do u expect people to act? You should qiut mmos if you don't like it.
This isn't what MMOs are about.cyber bullying is not fun.MMOs are about enjoying a game with friends and an escape from real world.
I will not quit my journey for anti bullying =) thank you for your advice tho.

Visiting
08-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Let's use the flames to roast marshmallows and make s'mores :3

Spell
08-07-2014, 01:28 PM

Lol if only =)

exoxo
08-07-2014, 01:28 PM

Can we sing the c a m p f i r e s o n g song?

Serancha
08-07-2014, 01:31 PM
The way to change it is by living it. There's guilds like Pheonix, Chivalrous Union and Elite Runners who stand against cyber bullying, drama, trash talking and accusations by not participating in it. We play the game without any involvement in that kind of behaviour at all. 0 tolerance is the only way to eliminate it.

It's all very well to announce it with good intentions, but the example needs to be set in game - on an ongoing basis. The more people that stand up and walk away from that mess, the less people the bullies will have aroud them. Bullies are cowards, and only work in numbers. By walking away, you take the power from them.

Spell
08-07-2014, 01:32 PM
The way to change it is by living it. There's guilds like Pheonix, Chivalrous Union and Elite Runners who stand against cyber bullying, drama, trash talking and accusations by not participating in it. We play the game without any involvement in that kind of behaviour at all. 0 tolerance is the only way to eliminate it.

It's all very well to announce it with good intentions, but the example needs to be set in game - on an ongoing basis. The more people that stand up and walk away from that mess, the less people the bullies will have aroud them. Bullies are cowards, and only work in numbers. By walking away, you take the power from them.

Totally agree +1 wish I had more thanks to give !

Remiem
08-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Yo, this thread had nothing to do with pointing fingers, so let's not start that now. This is about moving toward positive change in AL, not going backwards and calling out people who have bullied in the past. Let's keep it that way, mmk?

Rare
08-07-2014, 01:35 PM

This. Here's the point. If you can't look past tiny little trolls... and just ignore the bait (ignoring means not acknowledging it) this kind of thing will neeeeeeever work.

I've said it before many times. Trolls thrive off of reaction. If they say something, and you respond... you lose. Period.

exoxo
08-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Yo, this thread had nothing to do with pointing fingers, so let's not start that now. This is about moving toward positive change in AL, not going backwards and calling out people who have bullied in the past. Let's keep it that way, mmk?

mmk...... yo

Ravager
08-07-2014, 01:43 PM

mmk

obee
08-07-2014, 01:44 PM
At the same time, don't be a bystander. If you see somene being bullied, I don't care if it "hurts ur guild rep". Stand up for the person. You are as bad as the bully if you let it haplen

yasshh
08-07-2014, 01:48 PM
At the same time, don't be a bystander. If you see somene being bullied, I don't care if it "hurts ur guild rep". Stand up for the person. You are as bad as the bully if you let it haplen

Agreed.

Rare

Nope... wrong approach. This isn't the real world. Here, you can just walk away. You don't have to say ANYTHING. Even no lifers will get bored of trash talking inanimate objects. If anything just encourage the victim to move on and ignore it.

Or you can intensify the situation by bowing out your chest and telling them how wrong they are. You know what that does? N O T H I N G. Then they've hooked you. You know why? Because they don't really care about your morals. Or your values. All they want to do is whatever it takes to make you angry and respond to them.

Spell

+1 =) I agree

Ishtmeet
08-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Wow, it's about the thread dedicated to being nice.....

:'( :< :[ =[ =( ;( T.T :-(

Jurmans
08-07-2014, 02:01 PM
That mmk of rem though:3

yasshh
08-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Nope... wrong approach. This isn't the real world. Here, you can just walk away. You don't have to say ANYTHING. Even no lifers will get bored of trash talking inanimate objects. If anything just encourage the victim to move on and ignore it.

Or you can intensify the situation by bowing out your chest and telling them how wrong they are. You know what that does? N O T H I N G. Then they've hooked you. You know why? Because they don't really care about your morals. Or your values. All they want to do is whatever it takes to make you angry and respond to them.

Back in the days of s4. EOS had a rule of no trashing. Even if someone from guild trashes or abuses personally ,his team mate used to write in /g,/team or /o "bro just stfu n fight" and u know that worked. Recently too someone was taking a massive negative offensive step, few told him not to do so and he stopped.

So it might not work 100% but definitely raising a voice is much better IMO

Rare
08-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Back in the days of s4. EOS had a rule of no trashing. Even if someone from guild trashes or abuses personally ,his team mate used to write in /g,/team or /o "bro just stfu n fight" and u know that worked. Recently too someone was taking a massive negative offensive step, few told him not to do so and he stopped.

So it might not work 100% but definitely raising a voice is much better IMO

That's true. Its different when someone you know and/or respect tells you to stfu.

Ninjasmurf
08-07-2014, 02:10 PM

Lol u deleted my post. Lia has a good idea but some people will always be immature in video games. A banner won't change that :/

Anarchist
08-07-2014, 02:32 PM

From Futurama, The beast with a billion backs.

Bender: You mean, there's really no such thing? Then who's there to mete out justice when an outdated robot is melted into belt buckles? Who's there to defend our honour when a rude human brings a blush to a robo-virgin's cheek?

Calculon: No one.

Ravager
08-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Lol u deleted my post. Lia has a good idea but some people will always be immature in video games. A banner won't change that :/

Yeah a banner probably wouldn't do much. People would use it and do the opposite. People running around with [ I am AFK ] and attacking.

People in real life run around wearing DARE shirts and smoking who knows.

keikali
08-07-2014, 03:01 PM

Ami said yo, hehehe.

Zeus
08-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Ami said yo, hehehe.

She also said mmk. Perhaps she really is Reminenim?

Jurmans
08-07-2014, 03:07 PM
She also said mmk. Perhaps she really is Reminenim?

Dont u mean reminem?

Zeus
08-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Dont u mean reminem?

Yeah, that. :p

iisted
08-07-2014, 03:17 PM
That mmk of rem though:3
Lol

Ebezaanec
08-07-2014, 03:57 PM
"I'm rubber and you're glue.. Whatever you say bounces off me and stick onto you!" :P

Not participating in the hate will keep it from spreading. Setting a good example for others is also helpful.

jiph
08-07-2014, 06:03 PM
All you have to do is click IGNORE and if you wanna ignore every player you see go for it and I wonder what stfu mean? Be a little less ignorant, just because some players are emos the rest are not this is ridiculous. that fact that you haven't IGNORE them is because you like it and keep listening to them otherwise you wouldn't even care. And if you want them ban is because you are really the bully

lethaljade
08-07-2014, 06:18 PM
All you have to do is click IGNORE and if you wanna ignore every player you see go for it and I wonder what stfu mean? Be a little less ignorant, just because some players are emos the rest are not this is ridiculous. that fact that you haven't IGNORE them is because you like it and keep listening to them otherwise you wouldn't even care. And if you want them ban is because you are really the bully

Emos? If you mean emotional then I think what you just said is pretty outrageous, a few months ago I was in a really bad emotional place, and I was generally upset, and hurt by the way I was treated and spoke to by other players in pvp, one of the reasons why I dont pvp anymore, most people play this game to escape from life, every individual has there own life, story, problems, just because you cannot relate to people's feelings or sensitivity, doesn't give you the right to categorise or victimise people for having emotions, that in itself is bullying, you should think about your choice of words before commenting on a post which is for the benefit of people who cant handle name calling, and its abit more then just being emotional, in pvp ive experienced people telling me I should kill myself, sick sexual remarks, and just outright nastiness, and im sure im not the only one, this is supposed to be somewhere where people can enjoy the game, forget about the problems, have fun, whatever. Not to be a place where people are being given problems, real life gives us enough of them tyvm.

Crowsfoot
08-07-2014, 07:00 PM

✌ PLUR, dudes. Time to get on island time and chill. It's just a game and you don't know my mom.

obee
08-07-2014, 07:24 PM

✌ PLUR, dudes. Time to get on island time and chill. It's just a game and you don't know my mom.
Haha yes! People need to go into the real word! Play outside, go to the pool

Schnitzel
08-07-2014, 10:51 PM

1. I'd wear that banner
2. Report when I see insults/bad words being said, and breaking up fights when I can

Crowsfoot
08-07-2014, 10:54 PM
I'd wear it. Why not?

Geusaquc
08-07-2014, 11:10 PM
I'm sorry Lia but I can't support that banner until it comes in colors that further compliment my vain ways. Something in deep purple or light blue to go with the purdy elementalist set or a blue-grey that compliments the crier!!! I can't stand by it with it's current color scheme... More color options and you can have all my thanks!

Srsly tho, it's not the surgery to solve the problem, it's a band-aid to start the solution.
Nothing will ever be perfect, but you can be sure we will have a hell of a time trying

Instanthumor
08-07-2014, 11:13 PM
I'd wear it. Why not?

Goblin banner looks cooler.

Crowsfoot
08-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Goblin banner looks cooler.
That 5 in the corner for hitting below the belt.

Elner
08-07-2014, 11:15 PM
If I'm being realistic this is like when my school had those bullying stamps. That just encourages people to target you..

Coolskies
08-07-2014, 11:21 PM
I would totally get this banner! :banana:

Xeusx
08-07-2014, 11:44 PM
All you have to do....uhm, read again.

Vixenne
08-08-2014, 02:09 AM
Ignore List FTW

Alhuntrazeck
08-08-2014, 02:54 AM
I couldn't agree with this thread more, +1 Liar!

I originally left Karma because I was just sick of all the hate flowing around. People have been reduced to name-calling, trash-talking egomaniacs; sometimes people just need to take a breather, cool down, and remember there are real life people on the other end of the screen! Yes, I know I'm guilty of this as well.

Its up to the COMMUNITY to reform! WHAT CAN STS DO THAT WILL CHANGE THINGS? Its UP TO THE PEOPLE WHO PLAY THE GAME!

We're (mostly) all mature human beings! Maybe we should actually act like some?

Serancha
08-08-2014, 05:39 AM
I think it would be cool if sts did an anti-bullying day or weekend, and had this banner available just for that time. It would make it mean something, rather than just being another vanity item. Kind of like the 8 bit thing. It would be a good step to encourage the community in the right direction, without letting it go on long enough for people to take it for granted.

gumball3000
08-08-2014, 05:57 AM
Honestly, if you get offended by things sayd on the internet then you should go outside and get a breath of air.

In this game you are supposed to remain annonymous and not give away any personal info, in this case, any thereat you receive is not a real one. If you do give away your info then its your fault only.

uunknownn
08-08-2014, 06:26 AM
i would love to wear that banner sts please make one like that banner;)

Endkey
08-08-2014, 07:06 AM
Awesome initiative lia..hope it works and hope the banner is made...tired of going in pvp with all the hate thrown my some people..just a game..keep it that way

Spell
08-08-2014, 08:14 AM
Awesome initiative lia..hope it works and hope the banner is made...tired of going in pvp with all the hate thrown my some people..just a game..keep it that way

Thanks for the support ^_^

Emmacheese
08-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Good on ya Bubs! I hope something changes I really do! X

Gensin
08-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Irooniline.

Legallyblonde
08-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Spactime Studios should host an event with Cybersmile. Free banners are an excellent idea.

SacredKnight
08-08-2014, 11:33 PM

I lol'd so much when I read that. :3

Zylx
08-09-2014, 12:47 AM
Cyber-bullying is a very unfortunate issue with everyday technology. As a young kid, i was bullied due to my petite stature and pale complexion, almost to the point where i was nearly in tears. I have not actually experienced Cyber-Bullying particularly, although i know what it feels like to be harrassed and be emotionally beaten down to the point of nothing and it's a terrible feeling! I support this idea tremendously, even though im not playing AL.

I encourage others to read http://www.stopbullying.gov/cyberbullying/ to learn more about cyber-bullying and how to react against it.

Spell
08-09-2014, 08:32 AM
Cyber-bullying is a very unfortunate issue with everyday technology. As a young kid, i was bullied due to my petite stature and pale complexion, almost to the point where i was nearly in tears. I have not actually experienced Cyber-Bullying particularly, although i know what it feels like to be harrassed and be emotionally beaten down to the point of nothing and it's a terrible feeling! I support this idea tremendously, even though im not playing AL.

I encourage others to read http://www.stopbullying.gov/cyberbullying/ to learn more about cyber-bullying and how to react against it.

Thank you for your support <3 together we can all make a change =)
*Cyber-Hug* never let anyone put you down because you are beautiful inside and out !

Spell
08-11-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm glad to say that if seen a little bit of a change lately =)
Little by little :banana: Rome wasn't built in a day =P

Spell
08-11-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm glad to say that if seen a little bit of a change lately =)
Little by little :banana: Rome wasn't built in a day =P

My first banana !!! Thanks obee for showing me how to "banana" xP

:banana: