PDA

View Full Version : I won't be posting in this forum anymore

Energizeric
08-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Somewhere along the way, it became a sport to insult me and debate everything I say in these forums. Someone asks for advise, and I give my opinion -- then 5 people line up to insult me and criticize what I say. I make suggestions, and instead of suggesting alternatives or changes, people insult me and say my suggestions are only self serving.

Most of my friends have quit this game, and there are now very few people who respond positively to my posts, so therefore I will not be posing anymore in the forum.

I will still post if I have a question about something, and I will still post in the traders forum when I have items to sell, or when I want to buy something, but that will be all. If you need to contact me, send me a PM either here or in game. :)

obee
08-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Somewhere along the way, it became a sport to insult me and debate everything I say in these forums. Someone asks for advise, and I give my opinion -- then 5 people line up to insult me and criticize what I say. I make suggestions, and people insult me and say my suggestions are only self serving.

Most of my friends have quit this game, and there are now very few people who respond positively to my posts, so therefore I will not be posing anymore in the forum.

I will still post if I have a question about something, and I will still post in the traders forum when I have items to sell, or when I want to buy something, but that will be all. If you need to contact me, send me a PM either here or in game. :)

Best of luck dude :). I feel ya. Forums is starting to be a dark place

Morholt
08-07-2014, 10:14 PM
People are too afraid of these new chat filters and bringing their PvP drama stress/rage blindly upon us in the forums. :upset:

Eep.

Ninjasmurf
08-07-2014, 10:24 PM
nooo😢😖👎

Ishtmeet
08-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Hey energizeric
Don't feel bad bro, one can't change his/her attitude problems tbh. From the very first day, I loved ideas of 2 people that is, you and kalizzaa.
Others don't have an idea and try to criticize others without even reading the actual thread. There are two reasons
1) They don't want anyone post good ideas as they can't think of any one.
2) And yes, merchers would hate for sure as they don't want the prices of arcanes and myths go down.
Don't give a ***** to those negative comments, but still there are people who respect your ideas and want to hear a lot from you.
Keep posting great ideas bro, I love those.
@effthehaters

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Caabatric
08-07-2014, 10:41 PM
I am a new member and have only posted a few threads but you have really helped me. Thx for all the advice. I truly am a lot better thanks to you.
:)

Crowsfoot
08-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Sorry to hear. We didn't always meet eye to eye but it would be foolish of me to say you weren't a valuable and reputable forumer.

Best of wishes, mate ✌

adhyss
08-07-2014, 10:52 PM
just ignore them bro...they r not grown up enough to know ppl free to share their sugestion and opinion as long as what us share not break the rule,or maybe they just scare or dont want for some change...just maybe

Gorecaster
08-07-2014, 11:21 PM
just ignore them bro...they r not grown up enough to know ppl free to share their sugestion and opinion as long as what us share not break the rule,or maybe they just scare or dont want for some change...just maybe
I dont think I need to counter every idea I see, I'd never sleep. Especially if I see nothing wrong with the way it is now. Suggest changes under strictly speculation that said change will offer improvement. Adhy says free to share suggestions and opionins...apparently this is false. All must agree and if not, take the time to come up with a plausable fix for ur situation at hand? I think not.

Zeus
08-07-2014, 11:31 PM
Eric,

I think your suggestions are great for the most part and usually backed by logic. However, some of them are far-fetched or do not realistically look at the outcome/take all factors into account. I think these are the ideas people hate on. I don't think you should stop posting - you're a smart dude! In my opinion, you'll always be valuable to this community.

It's just this: a lot of what you propose gets implemented. If it doesn't work out well, you get hate and your popularity goes down. Thus, people take it out on you and tear down every idea for fear that another suggestion may not play out favorably. That shouldn't stop you from posting though. There has been a lot of suggestions that you have made which has changed the game for the better. I think that people should look past the one or two screw-ups and look at all the good that you've done.

Also, do what I do - try not to provide too many economy suggestions. If they get implemented and it doesn't play out well, you'll have an angry crowd, haha.

Take care, let the good times roll! :D

Gensin
08-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Somewhere along the way, it became a sport to insult me and debate everything I say in these forums. Someone asks for advise, and I give my opinion -- then 5 people line up to insult me and criticize what I say. I make suggestions, and instead of suggesting alternatives or changes, people insult me and say my suggestions are only self serving.

I exactly know who are these people, people that put there PALM's in there FACE's.
I hope you guys are happy. Theres a person who typed that, a real person, sometimes we forget this.

Hectororius
08-08-2014, 12:14 AM
Stick to posting and suggesting about gameplay improvements.

Zeus's post is very spot on.

Anarchist
08-08-2014, 12:29 AM

Ener you have largely contributed to the forum life, proven yourself as one of the smartest members. Nonetheless people have different ways of thinking than yours and your mania of fighting for sts even when they are clearly at wrong instead of criticizing to make them improve doesn't help..neither sts nor the players instead it just fetched hate on you from a part of the community.
Personally i am one of your haters/likers cause though i believe some of your ideas are great/the best solutions speaking utopistically, the only times i have seen you fighting for something is when sts adds things that personally affects you:
- Fix my kershal.
- PvP is too hard for me this season.
- My fireball doesnt stun(others FB stun but mine is somehow bug, fix it)
Ecc

When you aren't directly involved you bring utopistic unrealizable but also fantastic but most important recycled ideas or from PL or that someone else already thought.

Since you are the one saying it now you might be expecting thanks and pats on your back, well ye this used to happen before when somehow everyone was happy with the status of the game but somewhere along the line everyone has changed and more than a handful thinks with their heads.

Don't get it wrong bro: if that is your of staying on forums you should never change it cause your ideas generally are great/the best i see around, just stop being sts paladin.

Frohnatur
08-08-2014, 12:55 AM
Ener. please stick to it. you're the most analytical and that makes you controversial to the stupid folks, that even bother to read your post thoroughly. Because its 'work' to get through them, because its 'hard to understand'.

I dont pity those guys. They are what they are and they behave the way they think they must.

But you, you should learn one thing: Dont let yourself brought down by inferiour contermeasures, however polemic they are. Stick to your brain, your thruth, your way to see things. As I said in another thread: everybody should read your posts thoroughly, and only then he/she has the right to produce valueable criticism.

Everybody else can produce opinion, just like the National Enquirer. No need to stretch your brain about those ones.

Anybody thinks thats 'elitist'? Well, I'm just a poor boy, but meet me in pvp, if you must. ;)

matanofx
08-08-2014, 01:20 AM
Guys you should stop pointing fingers at other forumers i dont think thats why eric made this thread

You cant just assume people who have negative things to say about a certain idea simply didnt read it through, youre just guessing they didnt its not a fact.

You cant assume people have negative things to say about a certain idea because they have secret motives like Ishmeet suggested, assuming something is a fact leads to some of the greatest wrong doings in human history.

Some people may not read the whole post and some even quite obviously do have secret motives behind their posts but to say everyone who disagree is one or the other is just juvenile.

If i like an idea ill comment that i like it and why and if i dont like an idea ill comment that i dont like it and WHY.

Eric sometimes i disgree with you but mostly i agree to the things you suggest, its noticeable you put alot of thought into your suggestions, keep posting, you always give me something to think about.

Haifer
08-08-2014, 01:44 AM
I'd miss your posts :( Please don't go :( I might rage quit. :( ;)

lethaljade
08-08-2014, 04:07 AM
Dont take it personally ener, im sure nobody is trying to insult you atall, we alljust have different opinions on different topics, some of your ideas are great, qnd gices us all an opportunity to think/talk through issues even if we don't agree.

Bigboyblue
08-08-2014, 06:35 AM
Ener, stick it out bro. We need people like you posting these topics on the forums. STS seems to listen to what is being discussed on the forum. We need to be pushing them to create some new content that doesn't cater completely to platters. You have become a target lately which is really just sad. I've seen a few people that I feel get a beat down every time they post on the forum and you are one of them. While I may not agree with every post you have made, most are solid and all are an attempt to improve this game. No one else on these forums cares enough to come up with ways to make this game better. All they want to do is complain.

I'll tell you a little story. I have a sister in law. She is a person that can never be happy. She constantly criticizes everyone even though she has many short comings herself. She is blind to the fact that she is a bigger problem than the people she complains about. She is a nice person for the most part but has to have drama in her life at all times. She can't go more than two days without create some sort of drama(whether she thinks someone else created it or not). What I've learned is that some people need this type of drama in their lives to be fulfilled. There is nothing I could do or so to make her change her ways. I'm just glad I'm with her sister and not her lol. Anyhow, I guess I'm saying to not worry so much about what other people say. Some people need to be negative. Don't take it personally, I'm sure they are negative to many people in their lives. Just roll with the punches and keep up the good fight man.

Wutzgood
08-08-2014, 07:29 AM
I agree with what Zeus said. While I may not agree with all of your suggestions they are all presented well and have a lot of logic behind them. And a lot of them actually get implemented into the game.

I have to admit for a while I actually thought you were an undercover mod because they used so many of your ideas lol.

Riptank
08-08-2014, 08:34 AM

Yo bro, I may not know you personal or even saw you once in game but try not to stop posting, we need people like you who's concern with non-plat player like us, who want to balance this F2P game. You're far greater than them so just ignore them :)

Sirnoobalot
08-08-2014, 10:33 AM
How many of your ideas actually came true?
So Engerz, whats your final decision?

Frohnatur
08-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Guys you should stop pointing fingers at other forumers i dont think thats why eric made this thread

You cant just assume people who have negative things to say about a certain idea simply didnt read it through, youre just guessing they didnt its not a fact.

You cant assume people have negative things to say about a certain idea because they have secret motives like ...

maybe i'm juvenile (with 41 lol) but i'm pretty sure about my facts:

I don't believe anyone in <The Collective>, myself included, dislikes Energizeric.

(I didn't read the first post fully but I believe it is about opening locks?)

Frohnatur
08-08-2014, 10:57 AM
How many of your ideas actually came true?
So Engerz, whats your final decision?

many, many, many. Definitly more than yours. And now stop bullying actually contributing members of this forum.

Arachnophobik
08-08-2014, 11:00 AM

sad to hear :( i've always loved reading your posts and opinions. you're one of the very few who posts very interesting ideas and opinions here.

Riptank
08-08-2014, 11:03 AM
many, many, many. Definitly more than yours. And now stop bullying actually contributing members of this forum.

I think he's not bullying, I myself even curious to know what are those..

Gorecaster
08-08-2014, 11:19 AM
The only one that seems to be a bully around here is you. You're the one making it so personal.

Zeus
08-08-2014, 11:20 AM
I think he's not bullying, I myself even curious to know what are those..

-Arcane AP and Mythic AP being granted by opening eggs
-Putting in gold rewards into crates in the first place. It started as 2k each but STG went overboard
-Nerfing HoR's shield (casting multiple after another)
-Fixing Kershal's charged attack

There's more, can't think of them atm.

Riptank
08-08-2014, 11:35 AM
-Putting in gold rewards into crates in the first place. It started as 2k each but STG went overboard

There's more, can't think of them atm.

Wow thanks.. He's good

Commanderkeen
08-08-2014, 11:59 AM
I don't blame you Energizeric. Same reason I don't post on these forums anymore.

Ebezaanec
08-08-2014, 12:15 PM
It was always enlightening reading your posts. Sorry to see you go.. It's always sad losing a good example for the community.

GoodSyntax
08-08-2014, 12:32 PM
It's disheartening to see yet another respected forumer who fights for the benefit of the game content decide to simply take a step back. This game has become so polarized and singularly one-sided that I, myself, am starting to lose faith.

Whether folks love or hate your ideas Ener, at least it gets the community thinking about solutions and direction. Unfortunately, a lot of the hate has started leaking out of the game and it's sad to see that the result is the stifling of constructive ideas.

Oddly enough, STS has been more silent now than ever, so, to be honest, I'm not even sure if these ideas are even being read or considered. When PL and AL were new and fresh, Devs/Mods were around all the time, responding to player concerns, discussing ideas with the community and making their presence felt. Now......it's hard to say. I used to see Flip and the boys all the time in PL - at least two or three times a week. I don't think I've ever met a Dev in AL since the game first dropped. Even their forum and chat activity has dwindled.

Very sad :-(

If there is anything I can do, shoot me a PM bud. This game still needs folks to fight for it!

Zuzeq
08-08-2014, 01:38 PM
I would keep doing your thing Ener. In the my early forum days I got attacked weekly trying to defend my radical Rogue tactics. A step back wont hurt but it will be the our lost if you throw in the towel

Crowsfoot
08-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Eric,

I think your suggestions are great for the most part and usually backed by logic. However, some of them are far-fetched or do not realistically look at the outcome/take all factors into account. I think these are the ideas people hate on. I don't think you should stop posting - you're a smart dude! In my opinion, you'll always be valuable to this community.

It's just this: a lot of what you propose gets implemented. If it doesn't work out well, you get hate and your popularity goes down. Thus, people take it out on you and tear down every idea for fear that another suggestion may not play out favorably. That shouldn't stop you from posting though. There has been a lot of suggestions that you have made which has changed the game for the better. I think that people should look past the one or two screw-ups and look at all the good that you've done.

Also, do what I do - try not to provide too many economy suggestions. If they get implemented and it doesn't play out well, you'll have an angry crowd, haha.

Take care, let the good times roll! :D
If you do give posts relating to the economy try to make it an indirect change. Quick and drastic changes are typically undesired. Test the waters and try using boiling frog syndrome to your advantage.

Zeus
08-08-2014, 02:52 PM
If you do give posts relating to the economy try to make it an indirect change. Quick and drastic changes are typically undesired. Test the waters and try using boiling frog syndrome to your advantage.

The few times I've provided economy suggestions, I've always gotten burned. D:

Crowsfoot
08-08-2014, 02:57 PM
The few times I've provided economy suggestions, I've always gotten burned. D:
Watching the news could have told you that. You know fairly well I support heavy changes. However, I only post about changing specific issues that will indirectly, slowly change how the economy (if we can even call it that) functions.

Frohnatur
08-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Thanks mod for cleaning this up :)

Frohnatur
08-08-2014, 09:54 PM
Eners posts about economics in arlor made me understand this system. AL would lose a great source of understanding economic mechanics. Even if the discussion is fruitless (like this time), I value them for the starter post anyway.

Ener, please keep doing it. Keep us learning.

inkredible
08-08-2014, 10:02 PM

come back to DM, i love suggestions :)

Aziiii
08-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Don't worry too much about what people say :) have fun with your friends, thats all :)

Sorcerie
08-09-2014, 11:35 AM

There's more, can't think of them atm.We can also add the best versions of magma gear for each class being available from the tooth vendor, and the current shield proc of the Elondrian Rifle to the list.

scarysmerf
08-09-2014, 11:40 AM
When i first played al and joined the forums a year ago i learnd alot from your posts. U even replyed to a few of my posts just wanted to say thanks for helping me learnd how the game works and please dont stop posting we will miss ur pressence here.

Reunegade
08-09-2014, 12:14 PM
I've enjoyed your posts, Ener. Although some suggestions were not the greatest, I still think that you are a man of great wisdom. Bye dude, see you in game.

P.S.: Sell me your Blood Ruby!

Zylx
08-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Eric, you are one of the forumers i respect the most. You are very wise and very mature in every aspect of these forums. Not once have i seen you judge/ridicule anyone based on their past/beliefs.

My hypothesis for the reason behind all the hate nowadays is based on popularity/reputation. The lower-reputable forumers bash you to try to diminish your reputation out of jealousy or compensation for the lack of self-popularity regardless of what you say. Kind of like trying to gain rep by trying to make you feel worthless.

It seems that nowadays, everything is more fueled by popularity. In just the past 24 hours i've been back, i've seen more drama regarding rep than i have ever seen. Newer users bash older users to make themselves feel big, and older users bash newer users due to their already big egos.

Social Psychology is a concept that i personally find interesting, and most of it is actually relatable common sense. People naturally crave attention. Personal reputation is a treasure to every one of us.

So please don't boycott the forum because of the haters. I value your opinions. If i honestly don't agree with something, i will express my views politely and respectfully. If i do honestly agree with you, i will support you. Regardless of the popularity of the OP.

fiftyonecents
08-09-2014, 06:18 PM
I second the motion, don't be discouraged buy the '' Thread Trolls '' they just wanna be the one to rip your thread apart at any cost and get a rise out of you. Well it seems to be working and now you gonna let them '' Barnacles '' win ??? , besides what have the '' Haters '' contributed to the game beside negatism ???

I they can't say anything nice then don't bother wasting '' reply '' space on someones thread pls!!!

The forum needs bloggers and thread makers like Energizeric so maybe take a small break and then do your thing. Let the haters hate.

No I don't agree with every single thing that you post about , but its all back by facts, and logic , and experience so why not read what you have to say. It may or may not pertain to me but oh well its worth a read just because I know you hardly waste your time or anyones time when you do make a Thread. This is what I call a '' Constructive '' thread and that's what the forum needs regardless of who agrees or doesn't agree.

Best regards,

Fifty

Amadorbibidor
08-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Yes... People sometimes do this... Somebody should teach them that if you don't have anything nice or helpful to say just shut up. Don't get frustrated by those guys. Just say die loser :D you will fell better. Don't decrease your level to those guys, if you go so low you find gold mines. Just say what you think and fell good you maybe helped somebody. Peace, ;) P.S: somebody don.'t like my post and want to insult me? Die loser! :D

Bless
08-09-2014, 07:30 PM
What I'm about to say might come out wrong, but there are varied opinions when you put out a suggestion to do with Economy. From Merchants to Crate poppers, everyone has some kind of input on it and a lot of it is criticism. Critics (like me) don't always see the good sides of an idea straightaway and there are a lot of flaws that can be found. That doesn't mean the idea is WRONG, it just means it is not realistic or would cause problems in its current state. You may not have found all the flaws, and others point them out in a disapproving manner. And that's fine.

There is no real need to get worked up because others disapprove. You have had good ideas and good implementations in game. Don't let this bother you.

Kreasadriii
08-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Every brilliant idea and original one, is always received criticized and some insult maybe pointing to you because they got no attitude in forum..
So sorry to hear you not posting anymore..
Every forum player I think free to say his idea, keep spirit dude ;)

Thrindal
08-10-2014, 12:41 PM
I do like this idea and wish something like it would happen but...

Anything farmable seems to eventually be over farmed. Now this will take longer to be over farmed for sure but eventually it will be over farmed. I still dream of a truly farmable arcane though.

Remiem
08-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Hi all. I am going to close this one out since it seems everyone has been able to see their piece. However, it absolutely breaks my heart that a valuable member of our community like Energizeric feels discouraged from sharing his ideas and suggestions because of harassment on the forums. I have received just one too many reports lately of senseless bullying or the putting down of other people's ideas. These forums should be a safe place for people to share their thoughts with people who love the game just as much as they do. If you treat them badly, they will go away and then you won't have anyone to talk to in the forums anymore! Please let this serve as an example and remember to keep things friendly and constructive in here. Also, it is important to remember that we have a zero tolerance policy on bullying. If you experience bullying or witness it happening in the forums in game, please report it! It's the only way we know it is happening and can stop it.