PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the low lvls in top games

GoofyYno
01-16-2011, 11:47 AM
I am running into so many 15-20 lvl players in the AO1-3 games. when someone points it out, the answer is invariably- "I have a lvl 50" BFD. so do I and for my second I ran through the same progression as the first (ok maybe a bit faster). the issue isn't what you know as much as your ability to help the team. these guys are constantly dying, and then yelling at me for a rev. I will not rev a lvl 19 in a lvl 40'-50 game. maybe they should play at their level.

Arterra
01-16-2011, 11:50 AM
happens. i will never make a character and level it my leeching. never.

Rebel
01-16-2011, 11:58 AM
How many licks does it take to reach the center of a tootsie pop?

The world may never know.

Ayrilana
01-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Things will change when 1.7 is out

Refriedchicken
01-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah, you'll be able to vote them out.

Still incredibly frustrating when you're trying to farm Green Ice and a level 20 decides he wants to stay in there for 30 minutes and solo.

Kujen
01-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Even better - the host will be able to set a minimum level requirement to keep them out in the first place.

I always thought leveling was faster if you stay in the maps you are supposed to be in...the mobs die a lot faster, and you never seem to get more than 1 or 2 xp per mob no matter what map you're in.

GoofyYno
01-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Even better - the host will be able to set a minimum level requirement to keep them out in the first place.

I always thought leveling was faster if you stay in the maps you are supposed to be in...the mobs die a lot faster, and you never seem to get more than 1 or 2 xp per mob no matter what map you're in.

I totally agree on both points. I always thought there was too much booting (43s booted from a 45 game) but a minimum level to play is ideal.

GoofyYno
01-16-2011, 10:31 PM
I think it's interesting. I'm new to this, but when cyber quest came out, all anyone wanted to do was keeper runs, then captive for the shadows. after that quelled, keeper runs for loot or VL (des. keep, ol). now all anyone seems to want is XP. running through maps, but leaving bosses, bailing if they die, of if someone leaves- (can't run with out full load of people), RMKing at the first difficulty.

oasyss
01-16-2011, 10:51 PM
well i believe everyone should have a fair chance at anything expert or not idc, for instance if a lvl 21 does better than a 50 im bootin the 50. Also even if the low lvl doesnt do much damage to anything they can at least heal the group(mage specific)or use their special attacks

CZYjoeDAVOLA
01-16-2011, 11:21 PM
I know why people do it it's because the dungeons are to easy i do ao 2 with my friends where all 25-33 and we clear it with no prob there's something wrong with that they need to ramp up the difficulty alot

Lysdexic
01-16-2011, 11:30 PM
I find it somewhat funny when I've popped in with my new lvl 15 and lasted longer than some lvl 50s... I don't leech at all, just laugh :)

lordme
01-17-2011, 02:17 AM
Its mindset issue. Those had 50 thought they know about the game and when they make a new char they just pop in the lv maps. I came across alot of these, telling me their 50 names, i nv bothered, kick. Another instance is my friends run me here. I recently scolded a friend of my, he got his real life friend to play and hes been power lv ing him. And he asked me to help his friend, his friend simply told me i want to lv up and i must join high lv players! He didnt even know where to start, and wants to join high lv map. Hes only 23! This is qn instance of wrong guide to new players. Its isnt so hard to lv, a week ago i created my fourth char and i joined games to my lv, forest haven, dark forest and so on in sequence, i got him to 45 in two days or so. It wasnt that hard. Anyway these leechers wont last long, as experience tells. They would quit earlier than any other players. I have known a few leechers and they arent playing anymore, cuz its just no fun at all

lordme
01-17-2011, 02:26 AM
well i believe everyone should have a fair chance at anything expert or not idc, for instance if a lvl 21 does better than a 50 im bootin the 50. Also even if the low lvl doesnt do much damage to anything they can at least heal the group(mage specific)or use their special attacks

No point, i will boot both 20 and the useless 50. Simple, at 20 or 21, you dont get pink eq giving high mana regen, so after a few casts, they will be out of mana and maybe out of pots too, its as good as having a empty slot