PDA

View Full Version : Battery life

TreeHugger
04-10-2010, 12:23 AM
May not be possible, but would love to have my 3gs's battery life last a bit longer when I'm playing. I'm sure this game is pushing the limit at times, but the battery is just burning up, both in time and literally warm to the touch, after 20-40mins of playing.

Draeli
04-10-2010, 10:59 AM
I feel your pain! I got so frustrated with the battery life that I started playing with my iPod plugged in, but I think it gets even hotter when I do this. The iPad is looking better and better to me. Gotta love that 10-hour battery.

dancerdudes
04-10-2010, 03:36 PM
I could not agree more with Draeli. I have major battery problems with it, does it affect my view on the game? No! The game must suck up RAM, and it uses internet connection constant, and it also has Anti-aliasing (which could take more battery)

I would buy an iPad just for this game. I am trying to buy as many things as I can afford in this game. I have purchased 4 in-app purchases just to support this developer. Amazing game. Sucky battery life. More like a game I will only play at home to save some battery life...

nightsky
04-10-2010, 04:33 PM
I only ever play this game plugged in because of this reason. and my itouch does heat up a bit. but i have ways of keeping it cool.

setec
04-10-2010, 09:23 PM
What's nice in the 4.0 iPhone OS is that you can now turn off the cellular signal but keep wifi on. So, this might help with some battery drain when it is released in the summer. I noticed the new option after installing it on my iPhone.

My iPad does great for battery life with PL but man oh man does it drain on the iPhone. :)