PDA

View Full Version : PvP, PvE Ideas Suggestions End Game Gear changes Suggestion Box

Echelong
01-16-2011, 12:21 PM
PvP

1- Reward system based on level. Kills give in game coins to buy PvP gear in a store. On the store you can buy special gear that is pvp oriented.

2- PvP ranking system with titles updated weekly or monthly and it resets although you get to keep your rank title.

3- Remove the Kill death ratio from CTF this will help the game and make it more interesting if kdr is not followed in CTF. and people will go more for objectives.

4- Domination gametype - Hold a neutral position to convert it in red/blue and gain points there should be 3 points to capture.

PvE

1- Bind on Equip gear. Make the eng game gear (Rift, cosmos, void, shadow, etc.) Bind on equip. This means once you equip it you can't sell it or give it to another person other than an alt on your account. This will help rise the prices or all gear. With this there should come a rise on drop rates also since it will be more rare to find in the CS. Drop rates could be at least 1 pink per boss kill this may sound like much but once you equip it its yours forever and no one else so no resell.

Bind on Equip is a great idea for pink gear since it will give more value in the CS for all gear.

NOTE: If BoE is implemented gold drops from mobs will have to be a lot greater than it is now to keep the flow in the economy. As it is gold drops and resell value from trash is very low.

Ok by the looks of it this is not favored so far. Sorry maybe the looting sytem feels natural for you but unatural to an old WoW player like myself. Maybe I will just have to get accustomed to it.

New Elite Gear

As far as End game gear the strength gear has been a lot worse since Rift came out. Both Cyber and Hate gear are worse the Hax and all the other weapons are worse then their rift counter parts. When compared to Death and Shadow gear Hate is an actual downgrades from Rift. Death and Shadow are better than their counterparts even with the bonus.

This is all for now if you have any other suggestion please post them here and I will add them to the original post with your name.

Kujen
01-16-2011, 12:48 PM
I like PVP #3 a lot. Always hated k/d stats in objective games. Without that, people would actually go for the flags, what a thought..

Echelong
01-16-2011, 12:51 PM
I like PVP #3 a lot. Always hated k/d stats in objective games. Without that, people would actually go for the flags, what a thought..

Exactly why I posted this. And this also has to do with why people don't play CTF all that much. Also some game type like Domination would be good (also do not include KDR here or any objective game)

MoarPewPew
01-16-2011, 12:57 PM
I like the concepts of your ideas. But I do not think bind of equip should be implemented because everyone would nerd rage. Lol

Echelong
01-16-2011, 01:07 PM
I like the concepts of your ideas. But I do not think bind of equip should be implemented because everyone would nerd rage. Lol

Not exactly most if not all MMOs use BoE on their games this limits the stuff that could be on the CS or auction houses. Note that I didn't suggest bind on pick up since there is not looting system of any kind. This could be implemented like master looter but then this will bring DKP and a lot of other stuff. So to keep it simple BoE is the best bet for the economy.

I noticed the system is to easy to manipulate since I started this game over a month ago and before I reached 45 I had full cosmos and almost complete rift. I didn't had anyone power level me or help me to level or gave me gold. I did it on my own with pugs running around and had to learn the hard way how to kill gurg and OL. I just bought stuff use it when it wasn't useful to me I sold it for more than it cost me. I watched the market closely for the stuff I needed and kept doing this.

MoarPewPew
01-16-2011, 01:10 PM
And in most mmorpgs players nerd rage because of loot.
Actually loot is the soul reason why there is rageing.

In PL loot is easy to get and fights are not that hard. Just spam potions.

But I do like your PVP ideas. :D

Lesrider
01-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Eh, wouldn't work. There'd be complete mayhem. Can't do that to items already in the game. It works for cyber set bc they were like that from the start, people knew what they were getting into. And each character can only get one set anyway. How sucky would it be if you got stuck with several sets of rift that you can't sell, just because you accidentally equipped them?

Besides, you need to equip the items to see how they all work together, and especially to get the bonus set. Why should you be forced to keep an item just because you tried it on? Or accidentally put it on? Having it binder just because you wore it once doesn't make any sense to me. Either it should be untradable from the beginning, or always tradable. Having strange loopholes like this would just confuse people and probably create lots of hate mail for the devs: "OMG I just looted a rift helm and tried it on, not I can't sell it! Help!!!!!!" x a million.

Phoenixking
01-16-2011, 01:47 PM
I dislike the bind idea lol prices are higher they drop cause you cant sell them!

Djinn80
01-16-2011, 03:01 PM
I agree with PVP ideas as well. I think we should have some modivation to PVP. Elite/special pvp gear or at least elite vanity items to make our chars look more unique.

I also don't like the bind gear option. This is a pocket game, you shouldn't be spending hours on end just to find loot to sell. These hand held devices will make you go near sighted as there are already reports of nearsightedness going up 50% due to hand held devices - imagine what will happen to the PL players.

One feature I wuold love (and would pay 5-10p for) is the ability to have a macro (4 macro's total) that would allow me to equipt gear. Basically the same thing as the inventory "load-out" section. Just want a "spec" macro 1-4 so I could change gear in middle of fights (pvp and pve) based on the situation.