PDA

View Full Version : Pets stats - file downloadabe

grzena1982
08-08-2014, 08:40 AM
I have made a file in access that allows you all to filter your pets based on desired stats. As you see on the pic below, all pets are sorted based on their speed.
I have not added AA, but obviously you are free to edit it by adding/removing info.
For all of you who are not familiar with this type of extension, you can open it using microsoft access.
To filer it, click on desired category, e.g., dex and select filter option in ascending or descending order. Options are limitless really. Enjoy!

Download:
http://speedy.sh/zruWq/Pets-Stats.accdb

Haifer
08-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Useful lad, useful.

Hectororius
08-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Wow Awesome!!

Hope this gets treated properly!

Hoardseeker
08-08-2014, 08:48 AM
Great!

Riptank
08-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Nice one bro. In presenting data like this it would be more convenient to use excel than access, access is more on for database, and try adding some macro in filtering and stat calculator. But over all good job, great effort :)

Anarchist
08-08-2014, 09:01 AM
I think with access you have the advantage of fetching the data out more easily through simple queries and its also more noob friendly.

keikali
08-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Nicely done.

Nice one bro. In presenting data like this it would be more convenient to use excel than access, access is more on for database, and try adding some macro in filtering and stat calculator. But over all good job, great effort :)

I second this. I myself prefer to use Excel as a dBase program rather then Access. Access has been easily replaced as a dBase program. Othen then running queries, I find no use for it.

I think with access you have the advantage of fetching the data out more easily through simple queries and its also more noob friendly.

Access IMO is definitely not more noob friendly. I'm guessing this is due to the lack of use in alot of firms that use dBase programs for storing and accessing their data.

You can easily make it noob friendly, error proof via Excel through the use of Pivots, filters and lolderp Macros. I've created Dashboards before for Management where they have NO clue how to work a dBase program and they just want to see the high level detail so I create something they can easily understand via Excel from raw data.

Riptank
08-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Access IMO is definitely not more noob friendly. I'm guessing this is due to the lack of use in alot of firms that use dBase programs for storing and accessing their data.

You can easily make it noob friendly, error proof via Excel through the use of Pivots, filters and lolderp Macros. I've created Dashboards before for Management where they have NO clue how to work a dBase program and they just want to see the high level detail so I create something they can easily understand via Excel from raw data.

@anarchrist: see post of keikali, IK since I've been a reporting analyst for years :)

Anarchist
08-08-2014, 09:24 AM
Guess its personal...till date i still don't understand how to use excel very well.

keikali
08-08-2014, 09:29 AM
Guess its personal...till date i still don't understand how to use excel very well.

My suggestion is to check out some YouTube tutorials and websites to learn it. You would be suprised how valuable of a skill it is in any type of analytical position that you work for.

And once you're able to grasp and apply what you've learned, it comes as second nature to you.

Riptank
08-08-2014, 09:41 AM

excel is very easy to learn bro, and yep youtube is good source for tutorial. You don't need a degree to learn excel, it's very basic. If you know access then I bet you wont be having hard time in learning excel. It's easy and fun :)

Jack O Reaper
08-08-2014, 10:12 AM
lol wut??? Grimm has 8 mana regen? O.o

Sirnoobalot
08-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Great job bro.

Antivirus warns me?

keikali
08-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Great job bro.

Antivirus warns me?

Could be a false positive. As alot of AV programs have a tendency to do this.

gumball3000
08-08-2014, 01:19 PM
its virus

grzena1982
08-08-2014, 04:38 PM
its virus

Yes, it may be a virus or it could be a file containing useful info, which your antivirus somehow recognises as virus. Anyway, i am running AVG 2014 and the file is fine.