PDA

View Full Version : About Prohibited Words

shinjo
08-08-2014, 11:33 AM
I had been away from AL for about 2 months because I was busy in real life. Now I'm back and I'm happy to see lot of improvements have been made in these past 2 months, good job!

BUT...it's not what surprise me most. What surprise me most is how many times I got muted since I came back!

I then try hard to remember the cause, and I think the "NGGA" word is the culprit.

So here I am now telling you that NGGA means NO or NOT in Indonesian language. We, Indonesian people, often use it in casual conversation and we use it ALOT!

So...can you, English native speakers, try to imagine how do you feel if you get muted everytime you say NO or NOT when you speak?

My suggestion is please REMOVE it from your list of prohibited words. Why would you include it when the word itself is not even an English?

Riptank
08-08-2014, 11:45 AM
N*GGA will cause you 7 days IP ban. Someone said it's better not let the word appear done muting people and it is pretty good idea especially now some words added in their list are not really a foul word in other countries..

When were having good conversation to someone then suddenly oops muted, wait few minutes -_- and we don't know what's the wrong word we said -_-

Remiem
08-08-2014, 12:12 PM
To shed a little light on this, we have words in our mute list that are common variations of bannable words, such as the one you mention above. Since this is a primarily english speaking game we want to make sure that we keep those offensive words and their variations out of the game. I hope you understand.

Khaphyn
08-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Remiem I hope this is takin positively.Wow you're a cutie..Cool tatts

Sent by This Handsome Guy

Riptank
08-08-2014, 12:24 PM
To shed a little light on this, we have words in our mute list that are common variations of bannable words, such as the one you mention above. Since this is a primarily english speaking game we want to make sure that we keep those offensive words and their variations out of the game. I hope you understand.

Regarding someone's idea, why not just let the word not appear in chat instead of mute?

shinjo
08-08-2014, 02:14 PM
@remiemremiem I fully understand that English is primary language in AL, but its market itself is global market. So I don't think it's a good idea to make rules based on any specific country slanguage. Especially when we got punished (muted or banned) without knowing our fault.

I never knew before that NGGA is variation of N*GGA till today! And this time I'm lucky enough I found the culprit, but I'm not sure about next time. I probably will accidentally hit another bad slang words again. And it's not impossible if someday some of us will get banned because of mistakes we never know.

Considering it, I agree with the idea of not letting offensive words appear on chat instead of mute the person. It's even better if system can tell us which word cause it, so next time we can avoid those words.

fiftyonecents
08-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Regarding someone's idea, why not just let the word not appear in chat instead of mute?

yeah this is a great idea, automatic censors , blank out the words not allowed for chat in the game , or........... have a message pop up saying ( inappropriate word in your conversation ) :)

+1

Markus Reynaldus
08-10-2014, 04:48 AM
I played a lot of games before where " muting " is only the last resort to punish a certain player. offensive words in different languages are often marked with (****) to replace the words that are deemed offensive in game. I'm sure that STS can implement this kind of feature in AL.

SacredKnight
08-10-2014, 04:51 AM
Fixing the chat system: Unit number 9346 on STS minor things to do list.

ERROR:ERROR:ERROR:
<LIST-OVER-9000!>

Jirikjurasek
08-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Suggestion:
In case when someone is muted, he should see notification in chat box:
>>You have been muted for "ABCDEF"<<
We will be more carefull next time

shinjo
08-11-2014, 01:28 AM
I found this mute thing is very annoying, because it happened many times when I was in the middle of negotiation (trading). I was talking in private chat, not even in english, but suddenly got muted, stop replying chat, and cannot explain about my situation to my trade partner.

Aralearicu
08-11-2014, 02:43 AM
Yes i really agree with Shinjo, it is so annoying that when we said "ngga" thats mean no/nope. and some other word in Indonesian, And i agree too with Markus why not STS change to **** words that include in the list. I am an officer in my guild, many times i teach member how they play game, but suddenly i got muted and cant explain to them why ... and they often asking why their officer doesnt answer their question or not respond them ... Waiting for 5 menit...when u in the middle of battle against hard enemy...oh so difficult when there are no communication between us..
btw, STS Thanks for listening us.

fiftyonecents
08-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Fixing the chat system: Unit number 9346 on STS minor things to do list.

ERROR:ERROR:ERROR:
<LIST-OVER-9000!>

hahahahahhah !!!