PDA

View Full Version : Are people still playing Shadow caves?

GoofyYno
01-16-2011, 02:02 PM
I've been playing my new play (at the proper level) so I haven't got to this point. any up dates on how the clearing vl first stuff is going, and if there is much action there.

Ayrilana
01-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Not so much anymore. I think a lot of people hate that it's such a pain to clear their way to a boss and not get a drop. Many people got what they needed the first night it was released either through drops or on the CS.

Norbert
01-16-2011, 02:11 PM
I hardly play it now. I wold still like some pieces for my mage, but it really isn't much fun as it is. I notice on my friends list that most people aren't in there any more. I hope they fix it, it could be a lot of fun. I wonder if they gather stats on where people play and can see trends. I bet shadow caves has pretty much tanked.

Kujen
01-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah I think people aren't going there as much anymore. I've noticed people are starting to rush VL again for the bosses they want, and not clearing all for the portal. Though I personally wouldn't mind clearing, I wish people would at least clear the middle room.

I'm not interested in the shadow caves much right now because 1. I already have what I want and 2. I just lose money there buying pots. It is more profitable to farm VL for gear to sell.

lordme
01-16-2011, 02:29 PM
I hardly play it now. I wold still like some pieces for my mage, but it really isn't much fun as it is. I notice on my friends list that most people aren't in there any more. I hope they fix it, it could be a lot of fun. I wonder if they gather stats on where people play and can see trends. I bet shadow caves has pretty much tanked.

this is the result of greedy ripoff artist whinning on forum about item price crash where they can't make in hundreds of thousands. there's been a change to make them happy so i don't think there's gonna be another

Zeus
01-16-2011, 02:32 PM
this is the result of greedy ripoff artist whinning on forum about item price crash where they can't make in hundreds of thousands. there's been a change to make them happy so i don't think there's gonna be another

It wasn't the result of a greedy rip off artist. In actuality rift gear crashed from 750k to 300k... Void from 600k to 250k Cosmos was barely worth 200k... After that update with 100 percent pink drop rates. It has NEVER happened in a game before and needed to be fixed, it WAS crashing the economy so this was the solution, although they could have removed existing items from the dungeon so everybody got a fair chance... And this is coming from someone who has every single set in the game.

Lesrider
01-16-2011, 02:36 PM

Lol not everyone who complained are "greedy rip-off artists." Just people who understand that 100% drop rate for the best gear in the game does not help the game in any way. Those of us who asked for the drop rate to be lower did not have any control in HOW low they made the drop rate.
And they likely will change it again to make it more worthwhile, when they see no one is going into the caves.

What they should have done when they saw the game being flooded with he elite items, was do a quick patch to close the caves temporarily until they could figure out the proper drop rate. But they didn't and people had 2-3 days to loot the stuff. So now it's just gonna take longer for the items available to thin out.

Yes, some people made a killing on those first few days, but not everyone. And that's not why we all wanted it to change.

Zeus
01-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Lol not everyone who complained are "greedy rip-off artists." Just people who understand that 100% drop rate for the best gear in the game does not help the game in any way. Those of us who asked for the drop rate to be lower did not have any control in HOW low they made the drop rate.
And they likely will change it again to make it more worthwhile, when they see no one is going into the caves.

What they should have done when they saw the game being flooded with he elite items, was do a quick patch to close the caves temporarily until they could figure out the proper drop rate. But they didn't and people had 2-3 days to loot the stuff. So now it's just gonna take longer for the items available to thin out.

Yes, some people made a killing on those first few days, but not everyone. And that's not why we all wanted it to change.

Ya, if they don't change the droprate to be a LITTLE more frequent though, I'm going to start buying out everything considering then these will be rarer then green ice.

nazgulking
01-16-2011, 02:48 PM

Apart that 100% drop rate is not good unless the boss is particularly difficult, I kind of agree with your statement. I'm also happy that the economy crashed, since 600k for some pieces, or even more, is insane (and yes I've farmed a lot and still think this way). For me more then 50k I wouldn't sell, but if this is too harsh maximum 150k. Above this price is just plain insane.

GoofyYno
01-16-2011, 04:00 PM
I agree with the need to change the drop rate. Give the developers a break. they tried something new, realized it was too much and adjusted. sound like a winning plan to me. for the people who happened to be there first and benefit, more power to them. they just as easily could be first for something else that nerfs up to their detriment. That the luck of the draw.

relayer
01-16-2011, 05:36 PM
While I agree the drops shouldn't be 100% for each player like originally, something needs to be done with the caves to make me want to return.
Over the weekend our group cleared the caves 1-5 a couple times... how many pinks dropped? ONE..and it was a plasma sword of rift!
I think something is messed with the loot tables now.
The caves are lot harder now with multiple bosses grouped with witch.. which is fine, it should be hard...but to get mostly white drops after all that?? give us the honey pot at the end if we are successful!

I won't be going back until caves are fixed.. make it fun, and throw us a bone once and awhile!!

lordme
01-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Remember the days when wraith armor was selling at 1.2m? For me i bought my full sets of cosmo, void and rift with gold. Only 2 or 3 pcs from farming. The gold drop in PL doesnt justify the selling prices. If they increase the gold drop then it would be fine. Also remember when the devs made a screw up in increasing the gold drop in ao3 and resulting in alot of locked games farming gold in crush the keeper? The fixed it. So this time when they crushed the market its actually gives players who dont know how or where to farm gold a chance to have some elite items. Now they have fixed the cave, i also not complaining, if you find it not worthwhile then stay away. Btw i also bought my full sets of death, hate and shadows. Its back to farming gold again, simple

Ayrilana
01-17-2011, 12:55 AM
It doesn't matter. They could very well release a new dungeon/campaign soon that has better loot making the Shadow Caves just a teaser.

Riccits
01-17-2011, 02:12 AM
from my list plays max 5-10% of friends caves....
i ignore any invites to caves..

i noticed that ppl doing now many others... swamps (prices sinking ugh), farm vyx or green ice, pvp, frozen nightmare, of farm any lower map.. i like it so, more variety :)

Ravenous
01-17-2011, 09:46 AM
They went from one extreme (100% drop rates for everyone) to the absolute other extreme of never having any worthwhile drops; despite increasing the difficulty.

I've had so many groups that when the portal appears, no one goes simply because it's not worth their while. It's ashame...

I think the drop rates need to be increased from current levels slightly so that at least someone gets a pink drop while a group goes through the five levels.

At the current drop rate, Shadow items are under priced and will only go up. If it wasn't for the first day or two of 100% drops, these shadow items would already be over 1M apiece.

-Rav

Ellyidol
01-17-2011, 10:02 AM
I personally don't. I didn't even used to play it much without a good team of friends, but even now I'd rather just do green ice runs or the like.

I remember seeing 2-3 pages of games at any given time, today I searched and found 0-2 games.

jaggedlilpill
01-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Not anymore, it's no fun and totally pointless now. The rates of pink drops are ridiculously low for the difficulty . Its a waste of gold to go there. It takes forever and costs too much. Either lower the difficulty or make drops more frequent. Its gonna tank soon if something doesn't give. They went from one extreme to the other. Its time consuming and you get no reward other than being out gold for pots and wasted time, I enjoy the challenge but give some reward. Guarenteed pink for all was too frequent but is pointless now.

pastrychef
01-17-2011, 10:47 AM
I ignore invites because it's not worth the effort. The amount of potions and elixirs spent in there make it a losing proposition.

ECHUSER
01-17-2011, 02:04 PM
i dont go to the caves either. i spend most of my time in the lost expedition and frozen nightmare farming for my lvl 30 twink. i consume too many pots in the shadow dungeons and the price of elite items in cs doesnt make it worthwhile to farm and resell. in the off chance i do go, i would only join a game. never clear all of victory lap for the chance the portal will be there.

Ava
01-17-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't go to shadow caves anymore. I was one of the few getting lots of elite drops during it's initial launch. It was insane back then, a spot in any cave was premium, nobody wants to leave or give up their slot after they got in there.
I still keep most my elite items for my other toons or I gave some away to players if I have surplus. I received my Shadow armor from another player for free, it was extremely kind of him.

I still farm for pinks in AO, and sell them for cheap just to get a kick when the sale goes through. I call it "cheap thrills".

Yes, I read plenty of whiners on PL facebook and in this forum about "tanking their economy" when drop rate was 100% . After those complains, devs nerfed drop rates, portal don't spawn as often anymore.

It's VIRTUAL gold for God sake. It's NOT real gold. Talk about virtual greed, is that a new virtue ???

PL developers need to decide who they want to please.
People who value VIRTUAL gold so much that they don't care about ruining the game for others. OR the devs can just decide that having FUN playing the game is more important for everyone.

I stopped looking for cave gears in auctions. I don't need them to farm AO anyway. So those elite items are IMO not worth it's asking price.

As long as people stop buying because there is less needs, the price will have to come down. Simple economics.

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 02:50 PM
I don't go to shadow caves anymore. I was one of the few getting lots of elite drops during it's initial launch. It was insane back then, a spot in any cave was premium, nobody wants to leave or give up their slot after they got in there.
I still keep most my elite items for my other toons or I gave some away to players if I have surplus. I received my Shadow armor from another player for free, it was extremely kind of him.

I still farm for pinks in AO, and sell them for cheap just to get a kick when the sale goes through. I call it "cheap thrills".

Yes, I read plenty of whiners on PL facebook and in this forum about "tanking their economy" when drop rate was 100% . After those complains, devs nerfed drop rates, portal don't spawn as often anymore.

It's VIRTUAL gold for God sake. It's NOT real gold. Talk about virtual greed, is that a new virtue ???

PL developers need to decide who they want to please.
People who value VIRTUAL gold so much that they don't care about ruining the game for others. OR the devs can just decide that having FUN playing the game is more important for everyone.

I stopped looking for cave gears in auctions. I don't need them to farm AO anyway. So those elite items are IMO not worth it's asking price.

As long as people stop buying because there is less needs, the price will have to come down. Simple economics.

It is the truth though. Think about it this way, many players are bored with end game content and quit. Why speed up the rate of end game quitters game wide by making the best stuff in the game extremely easy to obtain? Its not all greed you know... If 50k players had the end game content done in a hour, why still play? Yeah so ruined economy = dead game = no money for devs.

Also the Devs do their own thing. It is very rare that the devs listen to us on the forums. They take all aspects into account game wide, with a slight influence from forum posts. Devs have already clarified that Whiner's are not listened to and ignored by devs. People think the ao3 nerf was because of whiners on the forums, wrong. Ao3 was incredibly hard for most casual players. Casual players are people who berily play, not too extreme and most likely don't even know about the forums. They still spend money and there are more casual players in the game then extreme players. So when casual gamers don't like something, its very likely the devs will be in favor of their main supply of money. Simple REAL LIFE economics.

Ava
01-17-2011, 03:22 PM
It is the truth though. Think about it this way, many players are bored with end game content and quit. Why speed up the rate of end game quitters game wide by making the best stuff in the game extremely easy to obtain? Its not all greed you know... If 50k players had the end game content done in a hour, why still play? Yeah so ruined economy = dead game = no money for devs.

Also the Devs do their own thing. It is very rare that the devs listen to us on the forums. They take all aspects into account game wide, with a slight influence from forum posts. Devs have already clarified that Whiner's are not listened to and ignored by devs. People think the ao3 nerf was because of whiners on the forums, wrong. Ao3 was incredibly hard for most casual players. Casual players are people who berily play, not too extreme and most likely don't even know about the forums. They still spend money and there are more casual players in the game then extreme players. So when casual gamers don't like something, its very likely the devs will be in favor of their main supply of money. Simple REAL LIFE economics.

So if hardcore players are not their main flow of money, why bother with caves and hard bosses. Just focus on their lower level maps and make it easy for everyone. Right ? Scrap the new caves and remove all elite items. They coulda easily do that.

OK, so if the devs want to keep hardcore players happy, make an extremely difficult map, who cares about drop rates right ? Give them something else they can't sell. Give them the ability to level up to 100. That will satisfy their virtual ego. Why focus on item drop rates ?????

Consumers are more influential than you give them credit for. Devs know the importance of listening to their customers. Else what's the point of having a forum and facebook to interact ? If they don't need to, they won't have to.

There's really no such game as a "end" game unless they stop growing their cash cow. Game developers have to constantly reinvent the game to keep the money flowing in. AKA Expansions/version XXXVII/add ons etc.

Right now, the reality is their new cave is a "dead" map now. So what that price of shadow gear hits the million mark ? Who benefits from the fake gold anyway ?

Protank
01-17-2011, 03:27 PM
i think a 50% drop rate for leet items would be more respectable drop rate cuz of the time and gold u spend running these maps. plus when i do give it a chance and join the map there almost always a level 30-49 there. i also noticed my vl looted sets are pretty much the same as elite. so why would anyone waste there time and $? i wont be running these maps til they change something here.

chrononh
01-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Well, I played last night because a friend invited. I was lucky enough to play with a good Mage and a good tank. Despite the dismal drop rates, I found the game fun and challenging. It was like playing Frozen Nightmares but notched up a little bit (FN is my all time favorite campaign and my ideal of a good campaign). Facing three minibosses before getting to the boss was also fun. Having to face the shadow witch in addition to the shadow prince and demon at the same time requires more coordination with the other players. Fighting multiple shadow djinns was also a win.

So, level of difficulty... A+. It truly deserves to be called an elite dungeon.

Difficulty of getting a portal to show up... C. I really don't see the point of making this that difficult to get into since finishing it is hard enough.

Drops... F. Make it at least the same drop rate as ao3, please. Or Frozen Nightmares. Even a slightly lower rate is okay, but not at the present rates. Then we can enjoy the game and feel there is at least the possibility of being rewarded for the effort. Right now, getting whites and grays after battling the witch and the bosses multiple times is just a sad joke.

Will I go back and play the caves again? Probably not, unless I can be sure I am playing with a good team, which is sometimes rewarding on its own, even with the bad drops. But with most of my friends opting out of playing the caves (I even got taunting pm's from friends when they saw I was in the caves, to the tune of, "Eww, shadow caves" lol), the chance of finding a good random team is pretty bad.

Or maybe when they fix the drop rates and make joining random games profitable again.

Echelong
01-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Maybe they should have left the 100% drop ratio only for a day at max.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 03:51 PM
They're likely to increase the drop rates. The difference right now is that it does not affect the game having it this way temporarily. Having 100% drop rate any longer had a HUGE effect on the game. They're better off keeping it the way it is now till they can figure out what they want to do.
It is unheard of for a game to have 100% drop rates. It doesn't matter if you're a casual gamer or hardcore. It destroys the game by taking away any reason to play.

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 03:52 PM
So if hardcore players are not their main flow of money, why bother with caves and hard bosses. Just focus on their lower level maps and make it easy for everyone. Right ? Scrap the new caves and remove all elite items. They coulda easily do that.

Elite is for for Elite people only. Being Elite doesn't mean your hardcore. Hardcores are people who will spend 17 hours strait to get a drop. Anyone can be Elite. Alien Oasis 3 is a place were casual players have it easy now, and they offered a free hard dungeon within Ao3. They coulda charged big money for it, but didn't. So how people are complaining about the difficulty of the dungeon is beyond me.

OK, so if the devs want to keep hardcore players happy, make an extremely difficult map, who cares about drop rates right ? Give them something else they can't sell. Give them the ability to level up to 100. That will satisfy their virtual ego. Why focus on item drop rates ?????

One dungeon that goes level 50-100 = even more dead game. Why put all your eggs in one basket? What if they dungeon ends up sucking and tons of people quit over it because its basically the only dungeon left for TRUE end game. Btw the devs have rumored that lvl 99 is real end game where new content will not be released anymore. Also I don't think you understand. Why would a Extreme player play a map if it has a 100% drop rate? Doesn't sound too extreme to me. MMO's are meant to have really rare items, or else no one would play them. Elites feed off of drops, thats what keeps them addicted, as well as casual players. Take all of that away and you got a dead game, regardless of anyones opinions on greed/self interests.

Consumers are more influential than you give them credit for. Devs know the importance of listening to their customers. Else what's the point of having a forum and facebook to interact ? If they don't need to, they won't have to.

I never said they were, I said extreme players are less influential. The active users in the forums are also many of our hardcore players. I would say we have about 100 constantly active, then some hardcores who are less active. Thats only 100-250 known active and hardcore players. There is 450,000 registered accounts on Pocket Legends. Thats 449,750 casual players. I know that many of the 449,750 might have deleted the app or haven't played in a month or more. But there is no denying how large the casual player base is. So say the casual players get to level 50 and have the best gear in the game in under a hour. Whats their motivation to keep playing? None.

There's really no such game as a "end" game unless they stop growing their cash cow. Game developers have to constantly reinvent the game to keep the money flowing in. AKA Expansions/version XXXVII/add ons etc.

As far as I am concerned, end game is end game until they make more content. Plus there is a true end-game eventually. This isn't gonna be like WoW or Runescape were content is being pumped in forever.

Also new content takes a very long time to come out. You can wait for a month(s) before a update comes with new content. Then the new content only lasts a few weeks. At least the prices remain stable, so new players get a chance to enjoy it. If you make a new content that lasts one day and crashes every single market in the game, then whats there to enjoy? OL grinding is only fun because the thought of having the potential to get a valuable drop is addicting. Who would farm OL if rift armor costs 100k? No one.

Right now, the reality is their new cave is a "dead" map now. So what that price of shadow gear hits the million mark ? Who benefits from the fake gold anyway ?

Guess what, cave is still alive. Almost my entire friends list is in a shadow cave, and I got god knows how many friends on my list. Right now gear is only cheap because 1.) Market is still flooded. It will balance out and true price of shadow armor will show. 2.) The old gear is almost as good for now. Cinco most likely is going to add set bonus's. 3.) Caves are tactically challenging since all these updates. Before they were dead because it was like paying rent to be there. The only thing that used to be challenging about it is the fact you had to guzzle potions.

Physiologic
01-17-2011, 03:54 PM
They're likely to increase the drop rates. The difference right now is that it does not affect the game having it this way temporarily. Having 100% drop rate any longer had a HUGE effect on the game. They're better off keeping it the way it is now till they can figure out what they want to do.
It is unheard of for a game to have 100% drop rates. It doesn't matter if you're a casual gamer or hardcore. It destroys the game by taking away any reason to play.

My sentiments exactly. 100% drop rates for the godliest gear - at least for every single player - doesn't exist in any other MMO.

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Maybe they should have left the 100% drop ratio only for a day at max.

It was 100% for 3 days until they realized they desperately needed to fix it to save the game. I think the devs meant it to be 100% without the knowledge of what would happen. Or perhaps it was some sneaky crafty thing the devs did to prevent people from selling armors for like 5m.

Echelong
01-17-2011, 04:02 PM
It was 100% for 3 days until they realized they desperately needed to fix it to save the game. I think the devs meant it to be 100% without the knowledge of what would happen. Or perhaps it was some sneaky crafty thing the devs did to prevent people from selling armors for like 5m.

Yep. I asked Cinco and he responded that he saw the big picture but this could have been one of his many lies.

PS nice sig of an undead mage/warlock (forgot which one) you got there.

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Yep. I asked Cinco and he responded that he saw the big picture but this could have been one of his many lies.

Cinco lies too much :P. I mean I like to be on the tip of my toes but Idk what to believe anymore. I kinda refuse to believe anything now until I see the official "1.7 has been submitted" thread :p.

Thanks :) It fits perfectly for PL. Looks like Cyber and cosmos mixed. then there are tons of lightning weapons in the game :D

Ava
01-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Elite is for for Elite people only. Being Elite doesn't mean your hardcore. Hardcores are people who will spend 17 hours strait to get a drop. Anyone can be Elite. Alien Oasis 3 is a place were casual players have it easy now, and they offered a free hard dungeon within Ao3. They coulda charged big money for it, but didn't. So how people are complaining about the difficulty of the dungeon is beyond me.

One dungeon that goes level 50-100 = even more dead game. Why put all your eggs in one basket? What if they dungeon ends up sucking and tons of people quit over it because its basically the only dungeon left for TRUE end game. Btw the devs have rumored that lvl 99 is real end game where new content will not be released anymore. Also I don't think you understand. Why would a Extreme player play a map if it has a 100% drop rate? Doesn't sound too extreme to me. MMO's are meant to have really rare items, or else no one would play them. Elites feed off of drops, thats what keeps them addicted, as well as casual players. Take all of that away and you got a dead game, regardless of anyones opinions on greed/self interests.

I never said they were, I said extreme players are less influential. The active users in the forums are also many of our hardcore players. I would say we have about 100 constantly active, then some hardcores who are less active. Thats only 100-250 known active and hardcore players. There is 450,000 registered accounts on Pocket Legends. Thats 449,750 casual players. I know that many of the 449,750 might have deleted the app or haven't played in a month or more. But there is no denying how large the casual player base is. So say the casual players get to level 50 and have the best gear in the game in under a hour. Whats their motivation to keep playing? None.

As far as I am concerned, end game is end game until they make more content. Plus there is a true end-game eventually. This isn't gonna be like WoW or Runescape were content is being pumped in forever.

Also new content takes a very long time to come out. You can wait for a month(s) before a update comes with new content. Then the new content only lasts a few weeks. At least the prices remain stable, so new players get a chance to enjoy it. If you make a new content that lasts one day and crashes every single market in the game, then whats there to enjoy? OL grinding is only fun because the thought of having the potential to get a valuable drop is addicting. Who would farm OL if rift armor costs 100k? No one.

Guess what, cave is still alive. Almost my entire friends list is in a shadow cave, and I got god knows how many friends on my list. Right now gear is only cheap because 1.) Market is still flooded. It will balance out and true price of shadow armor will show. 2.) The old gear is almost as good for now. Cinco most likely is going to add set bonus's. 3.) Caves are tactically challenging since all these updates. Before they were dead because it was like paying rent to be there. The only thing that used to be challenging about it is the fact you had to guzzle potions.

You are contradicting yourself IMO.
So, the cave elite or hardcore ? If they want to make it truly elite, then just let the end boss drop pink in level V. When dev puts frequency spawns on portal and boss, it becomes hardcore. Who are they trying to impress ? Elites or hardcores ? Frankly, I think the devs are having some serious identity crisis.

To clarify. I don't agree with 100% drop rate. In my other previous post to Cinco's poll thread, I mentioned at least a drop for one player in the group, the higher the number of players, the higher the drop rate. To encourage group play.
I played the caves after their update, and got only whites and orange for ALL players. That's a slap in our faces. Talk about "un-rewarding" game play.

Prices of armor/gear shouldn't be an issue. Even if you can sell it for <3,000 gold, who cares? virtual gold is virtual gold ! is that really so important for you to keep something you don't need ? And try to sell to another player at an exorbitant rate ?
You do know that gouging is illegal here right ? Unless you reside in a third world country where exploitation is accepted, no ?

Heck if you want so badly to be ELITE, then just click that "sell" button in your stat/inventory page and get rid of surplus via the system. Then NO ONE else except you will have that SPECIAL piece. Go ahead and buy off ALL the items in the auctions and get rid of em. There, elitism at it's possible best.

Good I am glad at least some players enjoy playing the caves. One man's wine is another man's venom.

Ava
01-17-2011, 04:49 PM

Cinco claims a liar, and he is so proud of it.
If he is one of my employee, I'd have him fired right away.

Physiologic
01-17-2011, 04:58 PM

Been reading your posts. Seems like you're expecting a perfect game atm, which at the moment for a <1 year old mobile MMO is nearly impossible to achieve. The devs are trying their best to balance out fairness for the mistake they made in the beginning. Pretend that surplus of elite pinks don't exist, and just have fun farming Victory Lap (and btw, Sentinel gear is equal to Void gear. I've done vigorous testing on both sets and in fact, Sunblessed Set is much better).

Ava
01-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Been reading your posts. Seems like you're expecting a perfect game atm, which at the moment for a <1 year old mobile MMO is nearly impossible to achieve. The devs are trying their best to balance out fairness for the mistake they made in the beginning. Pretend that surplus of elite pinks don't exist, and just have fun farming Victory Lap (and btw, Sentinel gear is equal to Void gear. I've done vigorous testing on both sets and in fact, Sunblessed Set is much better).

Yes I agree. PL is new. It has the potential to be a long lasting cash cow, or it can flop like many MMO games out there when newer better ones hit the mobile market.
I am a consumer and hopes to see this game live a long and healthy run. If it dies like a miser on the street, that will be a waste of my money, and all I can say " It was fun while it lasted".

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 05:27 PM
So, the cave elite or hardcore ? If they want to make it truly elite, then just let the end boss drop pink in level V. When dev puts frequency spawns on portal and boss, it becomes hardcore. Who are they trying to impress ? Elites or hardcores ? Frankly, I think the devs are having some serious identity crisis.

No I am not contradicting myself. Anyone can be Elite. All the Elite is a bigger challenge. Not everyone is hardcore and farms for hours on end. I remember mystic said he farmed Vyxnaar for 14 or 17 hours strait once. Now thats hardcore. Why would you still have it drop that much? You still don't get it. The system you are suggesting drops the best pink items more frequently then any other pink item in the game. How does that solve anything? The best gear would still be the most common gear in the game.

To clarify. I don't agree with 100% drop rate. In my other previous post to Cinco's poll thread, I mentioned at least a drop for one player in the group, the higher the number of players, the higher the drop rate. To encourage group play.
I played the caves after their update, and got only whites and orange for ALL players. That's a slap in our faces. Talk about "un-rewarding" game play.

Thats still too high of a drop rate. Cmon man you don't even get 1 pink drop every single game in balefort! Also why do item drops matter? I agree with you that there isn't much fulfillment from a white drop. But isn't it still a slap in the face when you get a pink item in ao3 that goes for less then its rent price on the CS?

Prices of armor/gear shouldn't be an issue. Even if you can sell it for <3,000 gold, who cares? virtual gold is virtual gold ! is that really so important for you to keep something you don't need ? And try to sell to another player at an exorbitant rate ?
You do know that gouging is illegal here right ? Unless you reside in a third world country where exploitation is accepted, no ?

Your completely off basis here. Gold prices are the main reason why many players play this game. Yeah its virtual gold, but virtual gold defines this virtual game. Sooo your saying that this game has a legal economic law system? Last time I checked, I can list a Moon Axe for 1,500,000 gold and not get perused for any charges or crimes. Also were not in the Modern Era in this game either. Price Gouging happened all the time back in the days. I mean really, would you trade one ton of gold for 1 ton of salt? The Egyptians did. Also Its not price Gouging if the item is actually worth that. Right now Shadow Gear is underpriced for its drop rate. It should be like 1,000,000. What economic legal term do you got for that?

Heck if you want so badly to be ELITE, then just click that "sell" button in your stat/inventory page and get rid of surplus via the system. Then NO ONE else except you will have that SPECIAL piece. Go ahead and buy off ALL the items in the auctions and get rid of em. There, elitism at it's possible best.

Why would anybody ever do that? I am both a Elite and Hardcore player and I don't run around liquidating my valuables and clearing markets?..

Cinco is the Big Kahuna over at Spacetime. He can do as he please. Also he lies to keep us on our toes.

Ava
01-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Cinco the BIG KAHUNA ? Wow, so it's alright for him to LIE ? Wow...considering there's so many young impressionable kids playing HIS game. Must had a hard life growing up aye. Poor Cinco.

Maybe .....He's just too proud to admit his own mistakes dude. Easier on his ego, no ? Easier than taking responsibility for his actions. Blah !!!

1 ton of salt ? That's quite a lot of salt. Back then GOLD wasn't worth that much dude.

Anyway... pink or no pink, they wanna keep the players, they make it rewarding, simple as that.

Hardcore/pinkcore/Vcore, they can make one ULTIMATE HARDCORE map with the ULTIMATE ULTIMATE single item drop 1:1,000,000 chance with hardcore bosses. And don't expect me to pay for it. Get hardcore players to pay for it. Make sure they tell consumers that it's only for the Hardest of the hardcores.

But if they want to keep MOST of their customers happy and stay longer, they know what they need to do.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Guys, 100% drop rate of good gear, in any form, does the game no good. It will keep no one playing. There's just no point. The devs realized that and fixed it, and hopefully they'll find the right balance.
But if you don't like it the way it is right now, wait it out. I am. I don't have several hours to spend in there. I probably won't step foot into the caves again until they implement some sort of save/checkpoint system.
Point is, if you really need the loot, they're affordable enough right now that you can farm VL bosses and buy the elite stuff. Then just wait until something changes. But at least the current drop rate is not having any effect on the game. The only ones affected by it are those who step in there or buy the loot now. Whichever one you do, you know what it's like, so you're doing it at your own risk.
Again, if you're wasting too much gold in there, don't go to the caves till the devs sort it out. But asking for 100% drop rate again is not gonna get you anywhere.

giayuan
01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
good job pharcyde..you dissed like all of avas posts; I was gonna do it D:< lol

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Cinco the BIG KAHUNA ? Wow, so it's alright for him to LIE ? Wow...considering there's so many young impressionable kids playing HIS game. Must had a hard life growing up aye. Poor Cinco.

Maybe .....He's just too proud to admit his own mistakes dude. Easier on his ego, no ? Easier than taking responsibility for his actions. Blah !!!

1 ton of salt ? That's quite a lot of salt. Back then GOLD wasn't worth that much dude.

Anyway... pink or no pink, they wanna keep the players, they make it rewarding, simple as that.

Hardcore/pinkcore/Vcore, they can make one ULTIMATE HARDCORE map with the ULTIMATE ULTIMATE single item drop 1:1,000,000 chance with hardcore bosses. And don't expect me to pay for it. Get hardcore players to pay for it. Make sure they tell consumers that it's only for the Hardest of the hardcores.

But if they want to keep MOST of their customers happy and stay longer, they know what they need to do.

Actually, the best way to keep the most customers is to have something to offer everyone.

Ao3 got Nerfed to hell because it was too hard for the casual gamer. But this elite dungeon offers a challenge to those who miss the challenge of the old ao3. What would be the point of making it easy again so the more hardcore gamers who want a challenge have nowhere to go? If they can cater to everyone by having easier maps and harder maps, they'll keep more players interested. But the elite/harder maps HAVE to have the better stuff, and it can't be easy to get!

Take DD for instance, my other game of the moment. Each map can be played on easy/medium/hard/insane modes. The loot gets better the harder the mode. That way, everyone can enjoy the game, but only those who can beat the harder modes get the best gear.

And it makes sense. If you think about it, why would you need the best gear if you're playing he easier modes? The reward for defeating a challenging map should be that you get a chance at equipment that will make it easier for you to beat it next time. If everyone can get the best gear easily, no one will play much.

And true it's only virtual gold. But those who have gold can afford to pay for equipment that they couldn't farm themselves. The gold system in PL is actually really easy-going on the casual player, especially since the cs came out. If you played before then, ppl had no way to tell what prices things were going for. You just had to ask around and see what someone was willing to buy/sell for. But right now, the one's who are more skilled and can farm items, put them in the shop, and someone who doesn't have the time/skill/luck to farm it, can buy it.
None of the prices are that much, if you think of the time people spent farming them. Just like you don't want to spend them time, they did and they deserve to make something in return for their time. If you don't want to pay their prices, then don't. The economy is set by the players, not the devs. If people don't pay the price, the seller lowers it. Simple.

Now that's not to say the drop rate is perfect now. But give them a chance to work it out. They could have pulled the caves from the game temporarily and it would have affected the game/economy about the same as it is now. The only difference is they still allowed those who what to play, with little chance of a drop, to still enjoy it. If you don't think it's worth it, don't go in there. Let others do the work for you and buy it from them.

Ava
01-17-2011, 06:26 PM
good job pharcyde..you dissed like all of avas posts; I was gonna do it D:< lol

Uh hmm.. uh hmm.. what a cop out. You can't even if you try dude.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 06:28 PM
And Ava, how long have you been playing rhe game that you think you should already have all the best gear? You joinedthe forum in January. How much longer than that have you been playing?

Ava
01-17-2011, 06:37 PM
And Ava, how long have you been playing rhe game that you think you should already have all the best gear? You joinedthe forum in January. How much longer than that have you been playing?

I don't have the best gear, and I don't need hard core gears if I ain't playing hard core maps. Nowadays I just go to forest haven/ Dark forest and help newbies level up, to kill time.
What is it you are trying to get at ?

Ava
01-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Actually, the best way to keep the most customers is to have something to offer everyone.

Ao3 got Nerfed to hell because it was too hard for the casual gamer. But this elite dungeon offers a challenge to those who miss the challenge of the old ao3. What would be the point of making it easy again so the more hardcore gamers who want a challenge have nowhere to go? If they can cater to everyone by having easier maps and harder maps, they'll keep more players interested. But the elite/harder maps HAVE to have the better stuff, and it can't be easy to get!

Take DD for instance, my other game of the moment. Each map can be played on easy/medium/hard/insane modes. The loot gets better the harder the mode. That way, everyone can enjoy the game, but only those who can beat the harder modes get the best gear.

And it makes sense. If you think about it, why would you need the best gear if you're playing he easier modes? The reward for defeating a challenging map should be that you get a chance at equipment that will make it easier for you to beat it next time. If everyone can get the best gear easily, no one will play much.

And true it's only virtual gold. But those who have gold can afford to pay for equipment that they couldn't farm themselves. The gold system in PL is actually really easy-going on the casual player, especially since the cs came out. If you played before then, ppl had no way to tell what prices things were going for. You just had to ask around and see what someone was willing to buy/sell for. But right now, the one's who are more skilled and can farm items, put them in the shop, and someone who doesn't have the time/skill/luck to farm it, can buy it.
None of the prices are that much, if you think of the time people spent farming them. Just like you don't want to spend them time, they did and they deserve to make something in return for their time. If you don't want to pay their prices, then don't. The economy is set by the players, not the devs. If people don't pay the price, the seller lowers it. Simple.

Now that's not to say the drop rate is perfect now. But give them a chance to work it out. They could have pulled the caves from the game temporarily and it would have affected the game/economy about the same as it is now. The only difference is they still allowed those who what to play, with little chance of a drop, to still enjoy it. If you don't think it's worth it, don't go in there. Let others do the work for you and buy it from them.

I agree with most of your points.
However, devs should neva let game economy DICTATE game play. But they did.

Perhaps it's better to scrap elite cave gear drops, just put up quest similar to cybers for those coveted items. If bosses have to drop pink, let them drop common pinks that players can sell in auction for that cheap thrill.

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 06:59 PM

Dude his lies are small. Like "yeah ill add a boss to drop boxing gloves for you bro". How is that gonna mess this game up and how does that have anything to do with his childhood? Grow up dude.

Again.. Cinco and many other devs have acknowledged their mistakes and corrected them.. IF he was too proud then there would be a 100% still and he wouldn't make a post about what WE the people want. I have 2,000 forum posts, you have 10. Before you make statements, maybe you should look at some other threads first.

Why on Earth would you ever suggest anything that you would never do? Thats pretty counter-productive imo. Also one ultimate map would get pretty boring pretty fast... I would quit so fast because a dungeon like that would ruin the game.

Again.. you are wrong. If it wasn't valuable, then why would they build pyramids for treasures only a pharaoh could wear? Lol I know this is going off topic for this one but your full of so much nonsense that I feel the need to correct everything you say now.

Soo.. How is it rewarding if you can get the best gear in a couple hours? Sounds like they are just saying "Eh, heres the best gear. Now get bored and GTFO our game". I have already suggested a fix in the Suggestions section that would keep things how they are now and keep people happy... Your system just equals dead game.

Exactly, that is what they have done and what they have done is exactly the opposite of what you are suggesting.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Sigh. Again, it has nothing to do with the economy. The devs play with the economy all the time and don't give a rat's ***. Every change they make effects the economy. One day laser wands are dirt cheap, then next day Cinco adds a set bonus for it and they shoot up to 300k. The devs dont care about the economy (or so it seems).

But 100% drop rate is no good for ANYTHING. Even if there WAS no economy (there presently is none in DD), there has to be something to strive for in a game, or they simply won't play. Loot is one thing that can be strived for, but not if everyone can easily obtain it.
Even though I can't actually sell any of my DD items to other players (there's no trading system in place), I still farm like crazy in the hopes of finding one piece that's better than something I already have.

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 07:05 PM
I don't have the best gear, and I don't need hard core gears if I ain't playing hard core maps. Nowadays I just go to forest haven/ Dark forest and help newbies level up, to kill time.
What is it you are trying to get at ?

The point he is trying to get is that if you would have had the top gear in under a month, then why make it even easier to get? I had top gears in under a month. Would you still be having fun with the game if you had top gears?

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Sigh. Again, it has nothing to do with the economy. The devs play with the economy all the time and don't give a rat's ***. Every change they make effects the economy. One day laser wands are dirt cheap, then next day Cinco adds a set bonus for it and they shoot up to 300k. The devs dont care about the economy (or so it seems).

But 100% drop rate is no good for ANYTHING. Even if there WAS no evening (there presently is none in DD), there has to be something to strive for in a game, or they simply won't play. Loot is one thing that can be strived for, but not if everyone can easily obtain it.
Even though I can't actually sell any of my DD items to other players (there's no trading system in place), I still farm like crazy in the hopes of finding one piece that's better than something I already have.

THANKYOU! Thats exactly what I was trying to get at.

Ava, lets say that theres is NO economy and NO gold. Lets say the devs will NEVER EVER add it either! Or even better yet. Lets say the entire world had no clue what a trade even is. Then lets say you can get 100% drops in the dungeon, you get all three armor sets. Okay, now what are you going to do in the game? As you have the best gear in the game and quests/lower dungeons are now boring because you can crush them in your epic gear. Would you still play the game?

Ava
01-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Dude his lies are small. Like "yeah ill add a boss to drop boxing gloves for you bro". How is that gonna mess this game up and how does that have anything to do with his childhood? Grow up dude.

Again.. Cinco and many other devs have acknowledged their mistakes and corrected them.. IF he was too proud then there would be a 100% still and he wouldn't make a post about what WE the people want. I have 2,000 forum posts, you have 10. Before you make statements, maybe you should look at some other threads first.

Why on Earth would you ever suggest anything that you would never do? Thats pretty counter-productive imo. Also one ultimate map would get pretty boring pretty fast... I would quit so fast because a dungeon like that would ruin the game.

Again.. you are wrong. If it wasn't valuable, then why would they build pyramids for treasures only a pharaoh could wear? Lol I know this is going off topic for this one but your full of so much nonsense that I feel the need to correct everything you say now.

Soo.. How is it rewarding if you can get the best gear in a couple hours? Sounds like they are just saying "Eh, heres the best gear. Now get bored and GTFO our game". I have already suggested a fix in the Suggestions section that would keep things how they are now and keep people happy... Your system just equals dead game.

Exactly, that is what they have done and what they have done is exactly the opposite of what you are suggesting.

Oooooohhh.. you wanna play seniority ? Sure, how old are you kid ? I can be your daddy, so YOU listen to me aye.. how bout that ?

A lie is a lie, dude. Can't argue that, sorry.

Well, ya can't expect me to pay for something I don't use right ? So hardcore players want what they want.. they can go pay for it THEMSELVES. I still wanna enjoy PL if you don't mind.

I digress, but too amusing to pass up. Um.. how much salt can a PHAROAH consume in his life time 1 ton ???? GOLD was only precious to the PHAROAH because it was a DIVINE metal. Gold = Color of Sun GOD.
Gold is useless to a commoner, it's all a matter of perspective you see.
In some countries, only Royalties can wear yellow. But is yellow cloth so PRECIOUS ?? Nah... I prefer black, brown or grey.
Would I, a commoner trade 1 ton of yellow cloth for 1 ton of salt, SURE !!!!!

Actually, hardcore players are a heavy burden, they consume the MOST resources, and don't pay much more than casual players. So you are right about that.. nod....nods..... I think Angry birds are smarter that way, they came up with the "Mighty Eagle".

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 07:20 PM
This conversation has gotten so ridiculous. I'm done. Pharcyde, feel free to continue this, but I don't see anything worth discussing anymore.

Ava
01-17-2011, 07:26 PM

But 100% drop rate is no good for ANYTHING. Even if there WAS no economy (there presently is none in DD), there has to be something to strive for in a game, or they simply won't play. Loot is one thing that can be strived for, but not if everyone can easily obtain it.

Well, you know, you guys are just gear crazy. I don't care if I don't have the BEST of the BEST gear. I want to ENJOY playing THE game. And if it ain't rewarding it ain't FUN.
I never say 100% drop rate, I say give us something, SOME.

Playing a map over and over and over and over again..to get that 1% bores the crap out of anyone. ya don't, well good for you, maybe you're the kind that's easily amused.

Afbeast
01-17-2011, 07:30 PM
How do u get to the shadow cave. i forgot what chapter of ao3 is it in

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Oooooohhh.. you wanna play seniority ? Sure, how old are you kid ? I can be your daddy, so YOU listen to me aye.. how bout that ?

Ahaha!!! I don't give a damn how old you are. Your posts are absolutely pointless and argue invalid points. Also eww um why would I want yo as my dady? Pedobear... I'll listen to you once you get some valid points in your posts. Eh?

A lie is a lie, dude. Can't argue that, sorry.

You sound like a hardcore Catholic, are you? With this whole "A white lie is still as bad as normal lie" junk.

Well, ya can't expect me to pay for something I don't use right ? So hardcore players want what they want.. they can go pay for it THEMSELVES. I still wanna enjoy PL if you don't mind.

Then why the hell would you ever suggest it if your not gonna use it? There is a ENTIRE game for you to enjoy! Why would we just destroy the game so you can go get your Elite gears in one hour? I personally think your just throwing a hissy fit because you missed out on the 100% drops.

I digress, but too amusing to pass up. Um.. how much salt can a PHAROAH consume in his life time 1 ton ???? GOLD was only precious to the PHAROAH because it was a DIVINE metal. Gold = Color of Sun GOD.
Gold is useless to a commoner, it's all a matter of perspective you see.
In some countries, only Royalties can wear yellow. But is yellow cloth so PRECIOUS ?? Nah... I prefer black, brown or grey.
Would I, a commoner trade 1 ton of yellow cloth for 1 ton of salt, SURE !!!!!

lol you just totally argued against one of your points earlier. Good job for proving my point for me.

Actually, hardcore players are a heavy burden, they consume the MOST resources, and don't pay much more than casual players. So you are right about that.. nod....nods..... I think Angry birds are smarter that way, they came up with the "Mighty Eagle".

Again.. You just argued your point against yourself earlier. You were talking about the devs should listen to their buyers market, now your saying they are a burden. Umm idk were your getting your facts from.. I have purchased 1,800 platinum. Player named Mike has purchased 40,000 platinum. Lesrider I am sure has purchased quite a chunk of platinum, correct me if I am wrong. Arterra has purchased at least 500 platinum, considering every screenshot he has exactly 500 and many other players have purchased large quantities of platinum. These are all extreme players as well. Casual players go with the bear minimum of 75. But theres tons more of casual players.. Either ways Extreme players make this game tick. Who else would get on the forums and help people or build the in-game culture that we have? Certainly not a casual player.

If you think the devs over at Angry Birds are smarter, then why don't you stop playing PL and go to Angry Birds? I'm pretty sure no one will miss you here. 10 posts and you have already trolled this entire thread. Gratz bro.

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 07:35 PM
How do u get to the shadow cave. i forgot what chapter of ao3 is it in

The portal can be found on the last level of Alien Oasis 3: The Victory Lap. You must clear then entire dungeon in order for the portal to appear. It doesn't appear all the time and it spawns in the center portal room.

This conversation has gotten so ridiculous. I'm done. Pharcyde, feel free to continue this, but I don't see anything worth discussing anymore.

lol This is pretty ridiculous. I am getting kicks out of proving every useless post he has made wrong though. So i'll stick around a bit longer.

Well, you know, you guys are just gear crazy. I don't care if I don't have the BEST of the BEST gear. I want to ENJOY playing THE game. And if it ain't rewarding it ain't FUN.
I never say 100% drop rate, I say give us something, SOME.

Playing a map over and over and over and over again..to get that 1% bores the crap out of anyone. ya don't, well good for you, maybe you're the kind that's easily amused.

Well then why the hell are there 450k players in PL? Obviously it doesn't bore too many people based on though's numbers. If the devs found that people perfer getting top gears and just farming random pointless maps for fun then they would change it. BUT THEY DON'T! Face it..

Also were not gear crazy, we just care for the health and stability of the game. I got everything in the game, so golds pretty useless to me. I still like to merchant and play the markets because making gold is at least something to do in the game. I have a very un-biased opinion, you don't. You think that since there isn't a 100% drop rate, that the game is screwed.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Lol actually I've only spent like 10-15 bucks on the game. I go for the bare minimum. Has Notjing to do with how I value the game. I just can't justify to myself spending real money on virtual items. I'll pay for the ability to play the game, but that's it. Any extras I got were with the tapjoy plat.

But I don't see how plat purchases have anything to do with this argument. A casual player who comes on once in a while is not going to spend tons of money on a game. And the more money you spend, the more likely you are to become a hardcore player, to get your money's worth.

Anyway, I only responded to correct what Pharcyde said about me. I really have no wish to participate in this conversation anymore, as Ava is making no sense, and just causing me to repeat myself.

Afbeast
01-17-2011, 07:40 PM
oh thanks :D

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Lol actually I've only spent like 10-15 bucks on the game. I go for the bare minimum. Has Notjing to do with how I value the game. I just can't justify to myself spending real money on virtual items. I'll pay for the ability to play the game, but that's it. Any extras I got were with the tapjoy plat.

But I don't see how plat purchases have anything to do with this argument. A casual player who comes on once in a while is not going to spend tons of money on a game. And the more money you spend, the more likely you are to become a hardcore player, to get your money's worth.

Anyway, I only responded to correct what Pharcyde said about me. I really have no wish to participate in this conversation anymore, as Ava is making no sense, and just causing me to repeat myself.

I stand corrected ;). Also Les, casual players don't always have to be low level or not on much. I know some casual level 50's with top gears and several 50's. To become level 50 requires at least $10 and thats a lot of money from all the casual 50's out there :D.

Ava
01-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Ahaha!!! I don't give a damn how old you are. Your posts are absolutely pointless and argue invalid points. Also eww um why would I want yo as my dady? Pedobear... I'll listen to you once you get some valid points in your posts. Eh?

You sound like a hardcore Catholic, are you? With this whole "A white lie is still as bad as normal lie" junk.

Then why the hell would you ever suggest it if your not gonna use it? There is a ENTIRE game for you to enjoy! Why would we just destroy the game so you can go get your Elite gears in one hour? I personally think your just throwing a hissy fit because you missed out on the 100% drops.

lol you just totally argued against one of your points earlier. Good job for proving my point for me.

Again.. You just argued your point against yourself earlier. You were talking about the devs should listen to their buyers market, now your saying they are a burden. Umm idk were your getting your facts from.. I have purchased 1,800 platinum. Player named Mike has purchased 40,000 platinum. Lesrider I am sure has purchased quite a chunk of platinum, correct me if I am wrong. Arterra has purchased at least 500 platinum, considering every screenshot he has exactly 500 and many other players have purchased large quantities of platinum. These are all extreme players as well. Casual players go with the bear minimum of 75. But theres tons more of casual players.. Either ways Extreme players make this game tick. Who else would get on the forums and help people or build the in-game culture that we have? Certainly not a casual player.

If you think the devs over at Angry Birds are smarter, then why don't you stop playing PL and go to Angry Birds? I'm pretty sure no one will miss you here. 10 posts and you have already trolled this entire thread. Gratz bro.

Wow, listen to yourself. You flip flop like mad.
Read the entire thread and see who is the real troll here. check out the mirror in your home.

Lesrider has his valid points, you on the other hand is a piece of work.

Missed the 100%? ROFL. I was one of them playing the caves at launch and had to BOOT so many players out just to keep the spot for our original group dude. Do I care if they don't nerf the drop rates and my loots go down to 100 gold ? I don't care. But you wanted it to be so elite AFTER you've gotten your share of your 100% drop. Sure.......

Why don;t you give it all away and start from scratch aye ? Go troll the caves again now that drop rate is 1%. That's sure to be challenging for ya.

Getting all bitter aye ? Relax, it's a game.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 07:48 PM
I stand corrected ;). Also Les, casual players don't always have to be low level or not on much. I know some casual level 50's with top gears and several 50's. To become level 50 requires at least $10 and thats a lot of money from all the casual 50's out there :D.

I just meant that they're less likely to spend tons of money.

Anyway, I go through periods where I'm casual and other periods where I'm hardcore. I was super-casual and didn't really have any specific friends I hung out with, didn't go on the forums, until ao3 came out. That made me hardcore.
But now I barely play anymore, since the nerf. I don't see any reason to be hardcore anymore.

Ava
01-17-2011, 07:49 PM
The portal can be found on the last level of Alien Oasis 3: The Victory Lap. You must clear then entire dungeon in order for the portal to appear. It doesn't appear all the time and it spawns in the center portal room.

lol This is pretty ridiculous. I am getting kicks out of proving every useless post he has made wrong though. So i'll stick around a bit longer.

Well then why the hell are there 450k players in PL? Obviously it doesn't bore too many people based on though's numbers. If the devs found that people perfer getting top gears and just farming random pointless maps for fun then they would change it. BUT THEY DON'T! Face it..

Also were not gear crazy, we just care for the health and stability of the game. I got everything in the game, so golds pretty useless to me. I still like to merchant and play the markets because making gold is at least something to do in the game. I have a very un-biased opinion, you don't. You think that since there isn't a 100% drop rate, that the game is screwed.

Dude, you keep stressing I want 100% drop. Do you have selective reading problem ???? If you do, I can understand.

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Wow, listen to yourself. You flip flop like mad.
Read the entire thread and see who is the real troll here. check out the mirror in your home.

Lesrider has his valid points, you on the other hand is a piece of work.

Missed the 100%? ROFL. I was one of them playing the caves at launch and had to BOOT so many players out just to keep the spot for our original group dude. Do I care if they don't nerf the drop rates and my loots go down to 100 gold ? I don't care. But you wanted it to be so elite AFTER you've gotten your share of your 100% drop. Sure.......

Why don;t you give it all away and start from scratch aye ? Go troll the caves again now that drop rate is 1%. That's sure to be challenging for ya.

Getting all bitter aye ? Relax, it's a game.

Les just took time to explain himself :). But now he is already fed up with you. Also if I was the troll, then why isn't Les saying he's fed up with me? Exactly.

LOL! You can't even boot in the Elite so I smell some wet yak dung. Its a Elite dungeon! Oh my god would it be so Elite if the drop rate was 100%? Go play Pokemon if you want everything to be super easy and lacking any sort of challenge.

Wow you really are lost aren't you? When did I say I was bored of the caves or that I don't go to the caves? I still play the caves and am happy with them.

Your one to talk, need I quote? "Sure, how old are you kid ? I can be your daddy, so YOU listen to me aye.. how bout that ?" Last time I checked, dads aren't trolling forums flaming people out. Go play with your kid or something. I'm sick of talking to you.

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 07:54 PM
I just meant that they're less likely to spend tons of money.

Anyway, I go through periods where I'm casual and other periods where I'm hardcore. I was super-casual and didn't really have any specific friends I hung out with, didn't go on the forums, until ao3 came out. That made me hardcore.
But now I barely play anymore, since the nerf. I don't see any reason to be hardcore anymore.

I just hope the next dungeon is gonna last us awhile. I want to do some more epic farm runs :).

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 07:57 PM
I just hope the next dungeon is gonna last us awhile. I want to do some more epic farm runs :).

Me too. I want something worth the training. I loved that ao3 used to require practice before you were able to master it. Now any Joe schmoe and his mom can farm it, so what's the point? Especially since I have all the gear I need.

At least with DD farming, I always have a chance to find a piece of gear that's better than what I have.

Kujen
01-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Wow, I sense a lock coming on here. Which is a shame because these things need to be discussed. Note I say discussed, not argued. You're both fighting like little kids. Neither of you are going to be able to convince the other that you are right, so you need to chill out with this silly internet argument.

Ava
01-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Les just took time to explain himself :). But now he is already fed up with you. Also if I was the troll, then why isn't Les saying he's fed up with me? Exactly.

LOL! You can't even boot in the Elite so I smell some wet yak dung. Its a Elite dungeon! Oh my god would it be so Elite if the drop rate was 100%? Go play Pokemon if you want everything to be super easy and lacking any sort of challenge.

Wow you really are lost aren't you? When did I say I was bored of the caves or that I don't go to the caves? I still play the caves and am happy with them.

Your one to talk, need I quote? "Sure, how old are you kid ? I can be your daddy, so YOU listen to me aye.. how bout that ?" Last time I checked, dads aren't trolling forums flaming people out. Go play with your kid or something. I'm sick of talking to you.

Oh.. I see.. you only JOIN the caves .. Never host in one before ? Well that explains a lot.

Ok, so daddies don't play. Only kiddies play ? really ? I must be the OLDEST PL player, do I get a prize ?

Yes, thank you, you are a very amusing character.

Riccits
01-18-2011, 02:54 AM
Me too. I want something worth the training. I loved that ao3 used to require practice before you were able to master it. Now any Joe schmoe and his mom can farm it, so what's the point? Especially since I have all the gear I need.

At least with DD farming, I always have a chance to find a piece of gear that's better than what I have.

hope we revive old days and having lots of fun!! :D