PDA

View Full Version : "Paladins"??

xNikB
01-16-2011, 03:50 PM
I hear that people make enchantresses wearing gear that gives bonuses to strength. I was thinking about trying it myself but I have a question: Would the spells WORK with a sword? I'm wondering this for all classes. If I make my warrior hold a bow, will skills work with the bow?

~Thanks,
xNikB

lce
01-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Yes it does for example if you pick a warrior you would get the warrior skills but you can decide where to put your attribute points and can wear anything you want and all applys to the classes

Residentevil
01-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Paladins are one of the strongest classes, they still have powerful spells and are able to take a lot of damage.

xNikB
01-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Thats not what I was asking. I was asking if a mage using a sword can still use it's spells. Like, you know how warriors have this attack thats a stronger normal attack? Yeah, can they do that with BOWS not swords? In games like WoW you have to have the right TYPE of weapon to use an ability, like, for example, you NEED to wear a dagger to use the backstab ability.

Ayrilana
01-16-2011, 03:56 PM
An enchantress can use all of her spells regardless as to the "class" she chooses to make. In other words, a paladin can use all the spells that a pure mage can use. The only difference is the damage/potency of the spell. Weapons have no effect on spells other than damage. Mage weapons such as the staff increase spell damage more than swords and bows. Someone tested this out a few weeks ago.

xNikB
01-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Ok I was just wondering if spells were restricted by weapon type.

Bigsleazy
01-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Not at all. It goes the other way as well, if you gave your bear a bow that doesn't let him use skills from a distance.