PDA

View Full Version : Maul proc ignores stun immunity

Haligali
08-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Warriors running around in pvp and stunlock everyone with their arcane maul proc please fix.

I can get stunned within the 7.5 second stun immunity, if a warrior stun me with skyward smash, and right after his maul proc. Or, a few days ago i got stunlocked by a warrior, whos maul proced 3 times. I couldnt move for 10 second long.

inkredible
08-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Warriors running around in pvp and stunlock everyone with their arcane maul proc please fix.

im not trying to nerf your gun, what im trying them to do is FIX jugg because its been bugg for so long and its annoying
not knowing where or which it work on .

Haligali
08-09-2014, 10:20 AM
im not trying to nerf your gun, what im trying them to do is FIX jugg because its been bugg for so long and its annoying
not knowing where or which it work on .

Im not trying to nerf maul neither, im trying to fix stun immunity in pvp.

Zeus
08-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Ink vs Haligali...

*grabs popcorn*

Azepeiete
08-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Maul been op and bugged since release just remove from game ty

Madnex
08-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Weapon procs have been overriding normal stuns since forever.

The problem with warriors is that they already have stun chance on basic PvP skills like axe and skysmash so whenever the weapon procs too it's an endless chain. Add a samael/slag panic to that, which overrides both normal skill stuns and weapon stuns and it becomes plain silly (6-7 second stuns).

Maybe it was meant to be this way? Unless a dev sheds some light, we'll never know.

inkredible
08-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Weapon procs have been overriding normal stuns since forever.

The problem with warriors is that they already have stun chance on basic PvP skills like axe and skysmash so whenever the weapon procs too it's an endless chain. Add a samael/slag panic to that, which overrides both normal skill stuns and weapon stuns and it becomes plain silly (6-7 second stuns).

Maybe it was meant to be this way? Unless a dev sheds some light, we'll never know.

maybe the same way they planned for root. stun immunity doesnt work on t, hence why i made that post for clearance. Meaning Jugg description is unclear

inkredible
08-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Maul been op and bugged since release just remove from game ty

only thing that is op with maul this season is its proc.. other than that ill choose glaive anyday
no proc = useless

inkredible
08-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Im not trying to nerf maul neither, im trying to fix stun immunity in pvp.
please yes, fix stun immunity in pvp!! aka jugg

thank you

Haligali
08-09-2014, 04:50 PM
only thing that is op with maul this season is its proc.. other than that ill choose glaive anyday
no proc = useless

Useless like the kershal staff? Sorry but do not expect much sympathy from me about it. Please explain how is it fair that there is stun immunity, but warriors can still stunlock.

Instanthumor
08-09-2014, 05:21 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?158141-Complete-list-of-current-bugs&highlight=bugs

There are currently 72 bugs listed here, and possible many more unidentified ones in game. Cmon sts, you got stuff to do. The bugs are literally GIVEN to you...

inkredible
08-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Useless like the kershal staff? Sorry but do not expect much sympathy from me about it. Please explain how is it fair that there is stun immunity, but warriors can still stunlock.

i said no proc = useless.. it mean maul is nothing without the proc.. which is the truth .. maul has no damage as compared to others
stunlock is a rare occasion bro, 25% chance to stun on our skills , as regarding to maul.. you make it sound like maul proc all the time
there are even days where maul dont even proc.. proc is luck, any classes can stun lock, only difference is two of the classes creates a lot more damage than we do
so if were stun lock were done, and if were done, the whole team is done.. thats why we need the stun immunity for the whole teams survival more than our own.
warriors needs to last the longest right? In clashes not only warriors depend on that stun immunity but the whole team.. try a clash where warriors have no stun immunity lets see how it goes. When your stunned you depend on that one guy whos got that stun immunity to heal your butt.

For the record also, maul does not ignore stun immunity, Jugg works on maul stun
its hard to test that because maul proc is random, but based on previous clashes i been , the warriors with maul who proc in beginning of clashes didnt stun

Zeus
08-09-2014, 07:27 PM
Maul ignores stun immunity in the sense that you cannot get stunned again in 7 seconds. It does not ignore skill based immunity. There's two different immunities! :D

inkredible
08-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Maul ignores stun immunity in the sense that you cannot get stunned again in 7 seconds. It does not ignore skill based immunity. There's two different immunities! :D

oh yeah i forgot they implemented that rule!
yeah then fix stun immunities, so thats what hali is talking about, see thanks for clarifying the confusion.

is that only maul/ skills/ any stuns? .. i thought that was only regarding pet when the stun issue was adressed (samael abuse, AA abuse)

Please find me where the stun immunity discussion again thank you

Zeus
08-09-2014, 07:35 PM
oh yeah i forgot they implemented that rule!
yeah then fix stun immunities, so thats what hali is talking about, see thanks for clarifying the confusion.

is that only maul/ skills/ any stuns? .. i thought that was only regarding pet when the stun issue was adressed (samael abuse, AA abuse)

Please find me where the stun immunity discussion again thank you

All chance based stuns, including pet passive attacks ignore the 7 second stun immunity. This includes:
• pet passive
• stun proc

So, in that sense...maul is fine. Other weapons have the same affect.

If you're classifying gun as a stun or movement impairing effect then yes, it should not override juggernaut. It's the only weapon that does to date, I believe. The only way to counter against it is to boost your dodge so the attacks have a chance to be dodged.

inkredible
08-09-2014, 08:18 PM
All chance based stuns, including pet passive attacks ignore the 7 second stun immunity. This includes:
• pet passive
• stun proc

So, in that sense...maul is fine. Other weapons have the same affect.

If you're classifying gun as a stun or movement impairing effect then yes, it should not override juggernaut. It's the only weapon that does to date, I believe. The only way to counter against it is to boost your dodge so the attacks have a chance to be dodged.

right lona clarified , you cannot get stunned by the same type of stun (maul proc twice) under 7seconds and has to be from same person

so stun immunity is bug on maul, they should fix that and my juggernaut!

If a maul proc from me, then another proc from another that doesnt count.. two different person yes?

i can stun you with smash, and normal attack and then pet and then maul proc under 7seconds bec all from different type of stuns, correct?

Alhuntrazeck
08-09-2014, 08:26 PM
A warrior in a 1v1 got me stunned for 2s (ss) + samael 2s + maul proc 2s + samael auto 2s. Lol, what? Warriors already have high enough damage, why make them like sorcs.

Please implement immunity to all stuns! I hate how sorcs stunlock me with fb + colton >_<. Not to mention in clashes where the 5 samaels panic me one after the other so I'm dead before I can pop shield.

On a sort-of unrelated note, sorcerers are the only class without a stun immunity skill, why is this? Because they are the stunners? No, sorry, rogues stunlock (Lia), warriors stunlock (every mauler with samael) and many rogues and warriors use razor shield and juggernaut vs mages these days. With the new skill system, maybe give us smurfs a stun immunity skill? :/

inkredible
08-09-2014, 08:37 PM
A warrior in a 1v1 got me stunned for 2s (ss) + samael 2s + maul proc 2s + samael auto 2s. Lol, what? Warriors already have high enough damage, why make them like sorcs.

Please implement immunity to all stuns! I hate how sorcs stunlock me with fb + colton >_<. Not to mention in clashes where the 5 samaels panic me one after the other so I'm dead before I can pop shield.

On a sort-of unrelated note, sorcerers are the only class without a stun immunity skill, why is this? Because they are the stunners? No, sorry, rogues stunlock (Lia), warriors stunlock (every mauler with samael) and many rogues and warriors use razor shield and juggernaut vs mages these days. With the new skill system, maybe give us smurfs a stun immunity skill? :/

bro they can stun you from different ones but the stun immunity effect i heard cannot be from the same one

like cannot be stunned from two smash under 7seconds (not possible bec of cool down anyways)
or stunned from Normal attack more than once under 7 seconds
but you can get stunned from normal skill + skill + pet + proc , just not from the same ones twice

as zeus mentioned haliglai is talking about a different stun immunity (not jugg or razor) but what sts implemented way back

Alhuntrazeck
08-09-2014, 10:13 PM
bro they can stun you from different ones but the stun immunity effect i heard cannot be from the same one

like cannot be stunned from two smash under 7seconds (not possible bec of cool down anyways)
but you can get stunned from normal skill + skill + pet + proc , just not from the same ones twice

as zeus mentioned haliglai is talking about a different stun immunity (not jugg or razor) but what sts implemented way back

Exactly, I don't think it should be possible. Like, a person could theoretically be stunned by maul proc, ss, samael, samaels auto and so on, correct? How can this be possible?

ALL the stuns should be categorized under the stun category so one can't abuse it. The maul's proc is great anyway right? Armor and STR boost plus a stun.

falmear
08-10-2014, 03:21 AM

This is wrong. How do I know because I've tested this exact scenario. Unlike other classes mage fireball stuns 100% on the first hit. Then you follow up with a pet stun it will never succeed because of stun immunity. I tested this for PvP tournament because I couldn't use samael or slag. I also found crawly doesn't work either after your victim is stunned once with fireball. Stun immunity was added to prevent stun locks. So if what you say is true it should be fixed. Warriors should not be able to stun more then mages.

As for maul it doesn't follow stun immunity from what I can tell but never fully tested it. But look at people complaining about singe stun. No one ever complained about maul not stunning quite the opposite. Based on personal experience and and other people's experiences maul doesn't follow stun immunity. Also I know that it's something which will never be fixed. Because it's obvious sts doesn't test PvP in any significant manner. And based on the video I watched of the 24 hours of playing they don't know how to either.

Madnex
08-10-2014, 08:14 AM
I was just stunned twice in succession from a maul proc of the same player I was 1v1ing with. It proc'd fairly often too, at least once per 1v1.

Haligali
08-10-2014, 11:43 AM
It is an old bug, i also know it since long time ago, but i just reported now for various reasons.

Lets see where the stun immunity implemented in pvp: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?86559-2013-02-14-Content-Update-%28113386%29

I think everyone can see the 'stun' word.

Now lets see the maul description:

'Stun'. Not panic, not terrify, stun.

This stun not follows stun immunity, so i can get stunned within the 7.5 second stun immunity, if a warrior stun me with skyward smash, and right after his maul proc. Or, a few days ago i got stunlocked by a warrior, whos maul proced 3 times. I couldnt move for 10 second long.

inkredible
08-10-2014, 01:46 PM
This is wrong. How do I know because I've tested this exact scenario. Unlike other classes mage fireball stuns 100% on the first hit. Then you follow up with a pet stun it will never succeed because of stun immunity. I tested this for PvP tournament because I couldn't use samael or slag. I also found crawly doesn't work either after your victim is stunned once with fireball. Stun immunity was added to prevent stun locks. So if what you say is true it should be fixed. Warriors should not be able to stun more then mages.

As for maul it doesn't follow stun immunity from what I can tell but never fully tested it. But look at people complaining about singe stun. No one ever complained about maul not stunning quite the opposite. Based on personal experience and and other people's experiences maul doesn't follow stun immunity. Also I know that it's something which will never be fixed. Because it's obvious sts doesn't test PvP in any significant manner. And based on the video I watched of the 24 hours of playing they don't know how to either.

It's just what I was told this is why I asked there the stun immunity thread is,

And thanks Hali for finding it , I'm not home right now but I wanna read it I totally forgot about that kind of stun immunity all this time I was talking about juggernaut pft, my apologies

inkredible
08-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Hal is there a complete explanation of immunity because that's the update post, and not a clear enough description
When I get on sometime I will test what falmear said ,

Haligali
08-11-2014, 05:42 AM
Hal is there a complete explanation of immunity because that's the update post, and not a clear enough description
When I get on sometime I will test what falmear said ,

Its in the 33th comment on the link:

PvP balance is something we will keep evaluating with metrics, testing and feedback from you guys. If it turns out that Warriors are now too powerful, we'll try to figure out the best action to even the playing field but it's too early to say right now.

Stun immunity lasts 7.5 seconds from when you get stunned (so if you get stunned for 2.5 seconds, it will be five seconds after it's gone, before you can be stunned again). Again, we might adjust that number if it feels too high or low.

suckyiknow
08-11-2014, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I think stun immunity should have a look into. Also maybe think about panic immunity, what with the ten gajillion panic pets running around..

Haligali
08-11-2014, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I think stun immunity should have a look into. Also maybe think about panic immunity, what with the ten gajillion panic pets running around..

I agree about panic immunity, however there was a dev post already that they dont plan to implement it, because it will bring down those exculive plat pet prices, which is an income for sts. (i guess they meant slag and samael)

Madnex
08-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Care to link that post Hal?

Haligali
08-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Care to link that post Hal?

huh i need to search.

edit: here ya go

Yeah Panic supersedes immunity but that should be it. We may have been too generous with Panic though and might look at changing it in the future but that would impact the value of those pets a lot.

Azepeiete
08-11-2014, 11:28 AM
K Hali wins this thread implement now stg ty.

Haligali
09-03-2014, 02:59 AM
bump

Madnex
09-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Weapon stun/root procs ignore stun immunity, there should be an overall change to this as the weapon users are already potent enough and often accompanied by arcane or mythic pets that also have AA's (panic/terrify) that can override roots/stuns. It's not funny anymore to get six-seven second stuns being defenseless.

Haligali
09-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Weapon stun/root procs ignore stun immunity, there should be an overall change to this as the weapon users are already potent enough and often accompanied by arcane or mythic pets that also have AA's (panic/terrify) that can override roots/stuns. It's not funny anymore to get six-seven second stuns being defenseless.

There is stun immunity, but i dont remember that there should be a root immunity. Warrior with activated juggernaut can pushed away with the old watch rifle/oracle guns push proc or vixen/squash/whim activated ability.

Madnex
09-04-2014, 12:32 AM
I don't think pushes/pulls are viewed as movement-impairing effects. And from what I recall, you can't root an opponent right after he comes out of fireball stun.

Haligali
09-04-2014, 02:22 AM
I don't think pushes/pulls are viewed as movement-impairing effects. And from what I recall, you can't root an opponent right after he comes out of fireball stun.

You mean crawly root? Crawly root is different than mythic gun root proc, you can turn around when you got rooted by gun proc, while crawly root locks you in one direction. Maybe that should be the difference, that why it works more often and override some immunity from skills. From my experience, misty activated ability also does not free up from gun proc, but removes crawly root.

inkredible
09-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Long story short , this is the conclusion I've come to after all the quarrel me and Hali had, I looked into this deeply

Movement impairment refers to - any thing that completely stops you from moving aka lock of skills. Example: crawly, stun, panic

Gun proc / push procs / is considered not a movement impairment, why? Because they don't lock your skills. Meaning you are able to turn around.. Use your skills .. This is why juggernaut "does not" work on it because you can still move.
Movement does not refer to being able to walk but rather turn and use of skills

I agree 100% with stun immunity bug, and madnex gun proc is not considered,

Madnex
09-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Well that is incorrect because crawly's root doesn't stop you from firing skills, you just can't turn around to aim them. The myth gun root is different since it lets you turn around as well.

conradev
09-06-2014, 02:38 AM
bump

Alhuntrazeck
09-07-2014, 01:33 AM
If the mythic gun procs and the warrior is on juggernaut and escapes the root, he shouldn't be able to escape the -25% armor too right. How does the mage know he's under the debuff?

Well that is incorrect because crawly's root doesn't stop you from firing skills, you just can't turn around to aim them. The myth gun root is different since it lets you turn around as well.
Its AwesomEness not Awesomness (under your location). Been meaning to point that out for a while lol

Madnex
09-07-2014, 06:28 PM
You'd still see the roots for four seconds on the ground at where he was standing and yes, he wouldn't evade the armor debuff. And I'm aware of the mispelling but it doesn't align well with the correct one lol.

Edit: It'll stay like this I guess. >_>

Haligali
09-08-2014, 04:01 AM
I dont see the gun proc as big problem as the maul proc, almost every mage in pvp uses mythic gun now. If the opponent teams mage roots you, you need a mage with a mythic gun too. Its nearly impossible to root a rogue, because the high dodge makes immune to gun shot. A warrior can easly counter the proc with axe throw skill.

But what can you against the constant stun lock from maul? It is the most expensive weapon in game. If your team lacks of maul, but the opponent team stacks maul=gg.