PDA

View Full Version : Brim vs Leap question

Ague
08-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Given the choice between brim and leap, most people would seem to choose brim in an attack routine.

I used to have a build based off a fb, brim, aura, bless attack pattern. But it seems like subsituting leap for brim would have some advantages:

Leap (for my character) does 239-242 damage, while brim only does 207-211.
Leap's damage can't be halted with bless.
Leap's knockdown let's you tack on a lot of early damage -- especially if you're using aura.
Both abilities have a relatively short cool-down -- 5 secs for brim and 6 secs for leap.
Same investment of power points with the skillsets I mentioned.

So why do so many people prefer brim? My best guess is that the "brim burns" actually add on damage beyond what's advertised in the ability's description, but I'm not really sure whether that's true.

Has anybody tested the difference? Does brim do more damage than leap if you add burn damage to the equation?

Boogiez
08-11-2014, 12:46 AM
bro use kite from leap user i have same build as you when they leap charge you sword and attack use use range attack and run generally leap user dnt have bless so all u have to do is to hit combo and run

Dienoobs
08-15-2014, 03:47 AM
Ague many use brim for the brimstone+fatal burst combo. Its a killer combo, but yes as you said it can be stopped by bless. Also many ppl in pvp use form gems; with leap there's a higher chance of you missing or your opponent dodging than that of brim if one of these gems are equipped. In the end, in my opinion, the benefits of brim outweigh that of leap.

Boogiez
08-16-2014, 12:59 AM
In pvp everything on your style how u fought in pvp every power is good depend on user how to use PLUS LEAP HAS AN AREA BUT BRIM IS LONG RANGE ATTACK

Ague
08-21-2014, 05:01 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied. I knew there had to be some good reasons so many people prefer brim.