PDA

View Full Version : Guild poaching

obee
08-09-2014, 03:34 PM
This topic can be related to a lot of people, but there has been a lot of guild poaching and spamming his/her guild. I'm not gonna say any names, but I think everyone knows who it is. What are your guys ideas about this?

Serancha
08-09-2014, 03:37 PM
No idea what this means. There's a boot button for a reason, though.

If someone is going to let themselves be "poached" you probably don't want them as a member in any case. Consider it good riddance

obee
08-09-2014, 03:38 PM
No idea what this means. There's a boot button for a reason, though.

Poaching is stealing members from another guild, and sometimes by spamming them until they basically join just to get rid of the spam

Serancha
08-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Poaching is stealing members from another guild, and sometimes by spamming them until they basically join just to get rid of the spam

And you want someone so disloyal or with such a lack of spine that they give in to that crap? If they don't have the brains to use an ignore button, what kind of member are they?

obee
08-09-2014, 03:41 PM
And you want someone so disloyal or with such a lack of spine that they give in to that crap? If they don't have the brains to use an ignore button, what kind of member are they?

o.0

Anarchist
08-09-2014, 03:50 PM
This topic can be related to a lot of people, but there has been a lot of guild poaching and spamming his/her guild. I'm not gonna say any names, but I think everyone knows who it is. What are your guys ideas about this?
There is nothing wrong with it Obee.
If guilds merge to beat others on LB what is wrong with someone advertising his guild.
There are two ways of "stealing" members from another guild. indirectly via events, merging, makin people think being a member of your guild is something exclusive or directly via pms. People that fall for this though are the ones that are meant to form numbers not the consistent and devoted part of a guild.

So when they leave you can always drag them back with a event, merge or renovation.

keikali
08-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Takes two hands to clap.

In movement of people from one guild to another, there is always the "push" and the "pull". The "push" happens when people feel the guild is no longer serving their needs i.e. no support in PvP, less people available for farming activities etc. "Pull" factors include new guilds having lots of attractive guild events that promote activity and dish out nice prizes, or guilds formed by friends or people of a common motivation i.e. country/ethnicity.

Point being, many factors go into member retention/loss in a guild. If you lose members to another guild, just think of what your guild has fallen short instead of being angry, and act accordingly to improve. That said, there are some people who have littles sense of guild loyalty and shift from one guild to another on a whim or other personal reasons.

Guilds exist to promote a common ground for shared in-game interest, friendship and activity. As long as those interests continue to be served and the guild femains well-run and respectable, keep calm and carry on. No point getting angry when your guild requires your full attention and does not need your distraction over the disloyalty of a few.

http://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif

Morholt
08-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Making new guild called, 'Poached Eggs.' I invite you all to leave your guilds and join mine.

Free hat.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100420182426/southpark/images/4/4c/FreeHat05.jpg

Commanderkeen
08-09-2014, 05:56 PM
There is nothing wrong with it Obee.
If guilds merge to beat others on LB what is wrong with someone advertising his guild.
There are two ways of "stealing" members from another guild. indirectly via events, merging, makin people think being a member of your guild is something exclusive or directly via pms. People that fall for this though are the ones that are meant to form numbers not the consistent and devoted part of a guild.

So when they leave you can always drag them back with a event, merge or renovation.

Your absolutely right. There is nothing in the ToS about poaching guild members. Now it is shunned upon by most of the community.

obee
08-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Making new guild called, 'Poached Eggs.' I invite you all to leave your guilds and join mine.

Free hat.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100420182426/southpark/images/4/4c/FreeHat05.jpg

LOL

Amadorbibidor
08-09-2014, 06:29 PM
LOL nice idk what is that keikal. But guy clapping is cool :D