PDA

View Full Version : Alliance of Valiant Arms

Junside
01-16-2011, 08:50 PM
A lot of people have asked me what other games I play, and this would be my first answer. As I am naturally more of an FPS gamer than an mmorpg kinda guy, I thought I'd share videos with those who might be interested. This is a FREE FPS game for PC, though you can use real currency to use other features of the game. There is little or no advantage of using real money, other than the fact that some new weapons that are pre-released are won via a lottery-type system. Best to read up on details yourself before trying anything. Oh, and this game is nothing like Call of Duty. You CAN look down the iron sight, but in most, if not all cases, there's no need to. The best thing to do, is to try the game before making judgments. However, it's a Yes or No thing, as this game is a huge file. I think it's great for a free game.

Watch from 1:20 for lengthy gameplay. Keep in mind that this is South Korea's top team playing in the video, so if it looks easy, you know why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIkKRFUVdFw&feature=related

Yes, there is an English version which can be downloaded here: ava.ijji.com

Arterra
01-16-2011, 08:54 PM
i am in love. free you say?

Junside
01-16-2011, 09:06 PM
i am in love. free you say?

Yep. And ironically enough, a team representing USA won an international tournament against this team above who represents South Korea's top team. Shows how popular it is here in the states.

Arterra
01-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Yep. And ironically enough, a team representing USA won an international tournament against this team above who represents South Korea's top team. Shows how popular it is here in the states.

dude. i love it. i need details.

1) wall shots possible? as in thru them?
2) general movement very free? can you get stuck on some annoying corner or crack?
3) how do they keep it afloat??

Junside
01-16-2011, 10:05 PM
dude. i love it. i need details.

1) wall shots possible? as in thru them?
2) general movement very free? can you get stuck on some annoying corner or crack?
3) how do they keep it afloat??

Wallshots are only possible with high powered weapons like snipers of a handful of rifles. Pointman weapons which include SMGs and Shotguns. It's easy to make an estimate based on the damage of the guns shown in a list(for example, my rifle SA58 Para does 48 damage. About 2-3 bullets kills someone without armor. Snipers do about 95-110 damage. Guns over about 45 damage can wall) It also depends which walls you shoot at. I'm not entirely sure which walls you can accomplish this.

In short, it's possible.

Movement is like counter-strike, except you can sprint by double-tap then holding W on the second tap. Movement is easy to get used to.

And I answered your third question in PL but for others who wonder, I assume they keep servers running with the money earned through the in-game currency players buy. ijji.com has about a dozen games under its service, a few you may know, GunZ, Soldier Front, all have items or such you can purchase through in-game currency.

Here's another gameplay video to show you the graphics and such. Again, there is a US server, these guys just play Korean AVA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0sA4YIkVuY

MoarPewPew
01-16-2011, 10:46 PM
Watched some videos. Looks good but... I has Mac OS X....

Junside
01-17-2011, 12:45 AM
Can you even play major title games on mac computers?

Zeus
01-17-2011, 12:50 AM
Can you even play major title games on mac computers?

Yes you can, but I integrated windows and mac os x into one platform, using parallels, so nothing matters for me on compatibility. I'm not much of a gamer besides PL, but that looks so awesome I may just be tempted to check it out, not to mention it is free.