PDA

View Full Version : Need help with level 10 PvP sorcerer build

Energizeric
08-11-2014, 12:37 AM
Given that we have a free respec weekend coming to a close soon, I figured I should respec my twink sorcerer. So here are the details so far....

Gear:

Expedition Rifle of Brutality
Ancient Druid Helm of Brutality
Ancient Druid Garb of Brutality
Winter Star Ring of Warfare
Tarlok Heart of Brutality

Pet: Dovabear

I'm going for a total nuclear build here, meaning lots of damage....and by keeping all gear STR/INT, shield works well as my only defensive skill.

This works well for me at end game so figured I would try that here too....

If I go full INT with my stat points, my stats look like this: 99 damage, 1404 health, 348 armor

For skills I am figuring to go with Fire, Lightning, Frost, Shield

That leaves me with 5 additional skill points, so I have added the following skill upgrades:

Fireball "Impact" - adds stun on a charged fireball
Lightning "Empowered Bolt" - +15% damage
Arcane Shield "Extended Shield" - increases total damage absorbable & length of shield by 5 seconds
Arcane Shield "Hardened Shielding" - 2 seconds invulnerability

That leaves me with one additional skill point, but not sure where to put it. I was thinking maybe to add DoT to either Fireball or Frost (which one causes more damage?) or perhaps just use this to add a +5 INT passive. My crit is so low (under 2%) that it does not pay to add the 250% critical hit lightning upgrade.

Any thoughts about my build in general and about where to put that extra skill point?

epicrrr
08-11-2014, 12:50 AM
Remove the 2 sec invulnerablity, and go all stun - fireball gale shield or heal | 3 attack skill then shield | 3 attack skill or heal.
To me no matter how i play my sorc they are there to be food and to be eaten alive, they suck at 1v1 nuff said its the clashes where i enjoy playing sorcs.

Ishtmeet
08-11-2014, 12:51 AM
You should pull all points into int. Mages have so low damage at that level, they can be OP for rogues, but if you concentrate on str as well, you'll lose a lot of damage.
I'd recommend you to try this build.
All stat points- Int
Skills:
Fireball with stun upgrade only.
Lightning with 250% damage on critical hit( You can't win against rogues if you don't score criticals and 15% extra damage is pretty lame- you hit 200 on critical and 20 more damage would be nothing) so invest in life giver which helps in clashes and good for support.
Frost bolt: Unlock only
Sheild: Increase duration of sheild only. (15% more damage reduc won't help a lot)
Lifegiver: unlock the upgrade that gives mana too.
That's it. Mages are not much powerful there but can be very good for clashes. Mages who have clashing build- have 2/5 clock instead( with snaring effect)
Edit: Use a pet that gives you crit boost like Ribbit,littlebear etc.
Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Instanthumor
08-11-2014, 12:54 AM
Any thoughts about my build in general and about where to put that extra skill point?

Depends on what you're mainly going to do on that twink. If you're up for 1v1's, I'd totally invest that skill point in the 250% increased dmg on a crit (use a crit pet ofc like shadowlurk). If you're going to go more clashing, I'd put it in increased range on the fireball.. Trust me, it makes a difference. And FYI, last I checked Frost does more dot damage then fireball.

I know you probably won't do this, but I'd totally run a 5 skill build with heal on the side, just saying. :)

Instanthumor
08-11-2014, 12:56 AM
You should pull all points into int. Mages have so low damage at that level, they can be OP for rogues, but if you concentrate on str as well, you'll lose a lot of damage.
I'd recommend you to try this build.
All stat points- Int
Skills:
Fireball with stun upgrade only.
Lightning with 250% damage on critical hit( You can't win against rogues if you don't score criticals and 15% extra damage is pretty lame- you hit 200 on critical and 20 more damage would be nothing) so invest in life giver which helps in clashes and good for support.
Frost bolt: Unlock only
Sheild: Increase duration of sheild only. (15% more damage reduc won't help a lot)
Lifegiver: unlock the upgrade that gives mana too.
That's it. Mages are not much powerful there but can be very good for clashes. Mages who have clashing build- have 2/5 clock instead( with snaring effect)
Edit: Use a pet that gives you crit boost like Ribbit,littlebear etc.

Ener won't go with a 5-skill build.. And FYI, clock doesn't have an upgrade that makes it snare... Clock IS the snare lol

Ishtmeet
08-11-2014, 01:01 AM
Ener won't go with a 5-skill build.. And FYI, clock doesn't have an upgrade that makes it snare... Clock IS the snare lol
Have you check clocks fourth upgrade? That rooting effect slows the enemies down. Without it, the enemies could just walk through it easily.

Instanthumor
08-11-2014, 01:41 AM
Without it, the enemies could just walk through it easily.

False. Go test it yourself because I know that for a fact.

Sdbigdaddy
08-11-2014, 01:47 AM
you'll love the sorc. he's ugly but so much more fun to use than the rogue. i started him out as a twink and before you know it he's lvl 38 and going for mythic quest! they grow up so fast! lol
people don't recommend it but get the heal. later use a skill pt to replenish the mana. it's worth it. it looks like you've got the top gear! have fun blowing things up.

Ishtmeet
08-11-2014, 02:11 AM
False. Go test it yourself because I know that for a fact.

Oh never checked tho, thought slow effects were due to 4th upgrade >…<

Instanthumor
08-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Oh never checked tho, thought slow effects were due to 4th upgrade >…<

No, fourth upgrade is the root which roots enemies... but doesn't work in pvp (like freeze from frost bolt) so gg

Ishtmeet
08-11-2014, 02:27 AM
No, fourth upgrade is the root which roots enemies... but doesn't work in pvp (like freeze from frost bolt) so gg

Hmkk

Dex Scene
08-11-2014, 06:40 AM
Omg no curse??? Mages with curse are a real curse to rogue twinks!"

Dex Scene
08-11-2014, 06:43 AM
Remove the 2 sec invulnerablity, and go all stun - fireball gale shield or heal | 3 attack skill then shield | 3 attack skill or heal.
To me no matter how i play my sorc they are there to be food and to be eaten alive, they suck at 1v1 nuff said its the clashes where i enjoy playing sorcs.

2 sec invulnerability is a life saver. Too much stuns ummm...7 sec stunlock will not let you get any help from there.

Ishtmeet
08-11-2014, 06:45 AM
2 sec invulnerability is a life saver. Too much stuns ummm...7 sec stunlock will not let you get any help from there.

2sec invulnerability is a waste of skill points and isn't that use full at that level. At level 10 you have 9 skills to invest in, so wasting on that upgrade ain't cool. :3

Ishtmeet
08-11-2014, 06:46 AM
Omg no curse??? Mages with curse are a real curse to rogue twinks!"

Curse helps when rogue uses noxious bolt. At that level rogues use aimed shot and piercer so curse ain't good skill. Good against sorcerers tho. But who wants to respec again and again?;)

Dex Scene
08-11-2014, 06:57 AM
2sec invulnerability is a waste of skill points and isn't that use full at that level. At level 10 you have 9 skills to invest in, so wasting on that upgrade ain't cool. :3

2 sec invulnerability is not waste mate. Saves you from trulle when you are losing and wanna kill gangers with trulle (sneaky lol). Also in 2 secs you can receive huge damage against rogues' aimed-Pierce combos. Saves a life.

Ishtmeet
08-11-2014, 06:57 AM
2 sec invulnerability is not waste mate. Saves you from trulle when you are losing and wanna kill gangers with trulle (sneaky lol). Also in 2 secs you can receive huge damage against rogues' aimed-Pierce combow. Saves a life.

This is a level 10 thread :3

Dex Scene
08-11-2014, 06:58 AM
Curse helps when rogue uses noxious bolt. At that level rogues use aimed shot and piercer so curse ain't good skill. Good against sorcerers tho. But who wants to respec again and again?;)

Curse is not good against pierce i agree. But no mate its good against aimed. When iam twinking with my rogues, i hate mages with curse. Any mages without curse is like easy food for rogues.

Dex Scene
08-11-2014, 06:59 AM
This is a level 10 thread :3

When did i say its not

Ishtmeet
08-11-2014, 07:00 AM
Curse is not good against pierce i agree. But no mate its good against aimed. When iam twinking with my rogues, i hate mages with curse. Any mages without curse is like easy food for rogues.

Yes it is good and does damage, but the damage done is far way less. Instead if that mage uses an attack skill instead of curse, that would help more.

Dex Scene
08-11-2014, 07:01 AM
Yes it is good and does damage, but the damage done is far way less. Instead if that mage uses an attack skill instead of curse, that would help more.

When iam cursed by a good mage, and i do aim pierce combo 2-3 times, i lose like almost 60% hp already.

Ishtmeet
08-11-2014, 07:04 AM
When iam cursed by a good mage, and i do aim pierce combo 2-3 times, i lose like almost 60% hp already.

I have a rogue at 10 and 12, mages having curse are so easy to beat. Just dont attack till the cloud is on you, they will be having a very less damage, wait till the curse is down and the sheild would be automatically down as well. Just go all in. Thats why the rogue -killers use ice/timeshift instead curse at low level.

Dex Scene
08-11-2014, 07:11 AM
I have a rogue at 10 and 12, mages having curse are so easy to beat. Just dont attack till the cloud is on you, they will be having a very less damage, wait till the curse is down and the sheild would be automatically down as well. Just go all in. Thats why the rogue -killers use ice/timeshift instead curse at low level.

I do twinks at level 10-13 aswel :3
it depends on playstyle tbh. So i wouldn't say you are wrong, cuz you are not. But i ain't wrong aswel. It is all play style :)
but mate, when you are fighting in clash, its hard to understand when you are cursed and when you are not (specially when your side have mage with curse aswel). If you understand and stop attacking while cursed, your enemy rogues will kill you or the mage himself (with huge mana and low cooldown skill attacks).
yeah in 1-1 curse is almost easily avoided but in 1-1 a mage can't stand against a good rogue anyway in level 10 brackets.

Ishtmeet
08-11-2014, 07:13 AM
I do twinks at level 10-13 aswel :3
it depends on playstyle tbh. So i wouldn't say you are wrong, cuz you are not. But i ain't wrong aswel. It is all play style :)
but mate, when you are fighting in clash, its hard to understand when you are cursed and when you are not (specially when your side have mage with curse aswel). If you understand and stop attacking while cursed, your enemy rogues will kill you or the mage himself (with huge mana and low cooldown skill attacks).
yeah in 1-1 curse is almost easily avoided but in 1-1 a mage can't stand against a good rogue anyway in level 10 brackets.

Exactly! Curse is a clash skill. Thats why i said, who wants to respec again and again?
If you want to play a clash you need curse 4/5, not most of the people do that but people having rogues/warriors at that level specially make a mage with curse/clash build and use it when needed. In a normal game/killing/random maps, curse ain't a nice option. ;)

Dex Scene
08-11-2014, 07:21 AM
Exactly! Curse is a clash skill. Thats why i said, who wants to respec again and again?
If you want to play a clash you need curse 4/5, not most of the people do that but people having rogues/warriors at that level specially make a mage with curse/clash build and use it when needed. In a normal game/killing/random maps, curse ain't a nice option. ;)

Truce!! Curse For clash. 2 attack skills and shield heal for random killings.

Sirnoobalot
08-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Nice to see another post from you.

Energizeric
08-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Thanks all, I stayed with my build from my first post, but used the last skill point for the DoT for Frost. I think that will maximize my damage the best. In my experience at end game, if you have really high damage, you are better off going with a full damage build. Curse is good for mages who lack the best gear as it does not matter what your damage stat is. So it is mostly a wasted skill if you have the best gear.

Heal is also a nice and convenient skill to have, but my experience is that without that third offensive skill, you will have trouble taking down a warrior (and maybe a rogue) before they heal themselves too. I'm not sure if this will be different at level 10, and if it is I can always respec and try another build, but at end game that third offensive skill is often times enough to get the job done.

I realize mages are seen as being squishy and not able to compete 1 on 1 at level 10, but I have all the best gear, some of which is brand new and just came out in the last event (ancient druid helm and armor), so it's possible things will be different. I guess I will see.

Instanthumor
08-11-2014, 12:23 PM

Not true

Instanthumor
08-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Curse is good for mages who lack the best gear as it does not matter what your damage stat is. So it is mostly a wasted skill if you have the best gear.

So not true. Curse is an essential skill for clashes. A mage without curse in a clash is just a waste of space for a rogue.

Heal is also a nice and convenient skill to have, but my experience is that without that third offensive skill, you will have trouble taking down a warrior (and maybe a rogue) before they heal themselves too. I'm not sure if this will be different at level 10, and if it is I can always respec and try another build, but at end game that third offensive skill is often times enough to get the job done.

You can't kill warriors at this bracket period. Even with best gear, it's a no no. Besides, you don't have Samael.. gg

Ishtmeet
08-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Not true

Instant, don't talk about those level brackets that you've never played. No offense tho, I can make a level 10 sorc just for you to prove my points.

Instanthumor
08-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Instant, don't talk about those level brackets that you've never played. No offense tho, I can make a level 10 sorc just for you to prove my points.

Lol? Sorry bro, but I play every single bracket :)

Digitalclock
08-15-2014, 04:47 AM
passive sux at lvl 10

Digitalclock
08-15-2014, 04:48 AM
also, run from warriors u never can kill em

Alexmann
08-15-2014, 05:30 AM
Lvl 10-12 twink mage with curse skill is a must.
1. In guild clashes - mage without curse is just a biscuit
2. In vs - mages cant never win 1v1 against a rogue and warrior with or without curse (both side are full gear).
Vs a mage (still curse mage wins)
3. Guild - when a mage wanna join a "pro twink guild", they will always ask "curse mage or no"

In other word twink mage ends up only in the support role.

Instanthumor
08-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Lvl 10-12 twink mage with curse skill is a must.
1. In guild clashes - mage without curse is just a biscuit
2. In vs - mages cant never win 1v1 against a rogue and warrior with or without curse (both side are full gear).
Vs a mage (still curse mage wins)
3. Guild - when a mage wanna join a "pro twink guild", they will always ask "curse mage or no"

In other word twink mage ends up only in the support role.

This is very true. Ener, if you want to go full offensive, 10 is not a good bracket for you. Full offensive works best at endgame ;)

Energizeric
08-15-2014, 03:23 PM
This is very true. Ener, if you want to go full offensive, 10 is not a good bracket for you. Full offensive works best at endgame ;)

I will find out soon enough!

I do think things may have changed a bit recently with the addition of the new gear from the Ursoth event. Warriors already had Tarlok Assault gear, and Rogues already had Tarlok Potency gear, but Tarlok Brutality gear for sorcerers did not exist. As a result, the best sorcerer gear was considered the Tarlok Assault. Problem is that Assault gear for sorcerers makes us very squishy with far less health with only a very tiny increase in damage. It also does not give us any STR points to help with shield protection.

As a result, sorcerers have seen a much bigger boost from the Ancient Druid gear than did warriors or rogues. Is that boost enough to make us competitive? I can't say as I've not yet competed in the lower brackets. But surely we will not be as squishy as before the event.

I'm still trying for grand gems on my gear and now have 4/10. Need 6 more.

I can tell you that my stats will be 1400 health, 100 damage, 350 armor

On a side note.... Instant: on my end game sorcerer, ever since I switched back to mythic helm/armor and switched to archon ring of brutality, and got rid of fireball (now using frost, lightning, shield, heal), I'm running a 3-to-1 KDR. It's only been a week, but good results so far. As you have told me many times, I just need to add Samael which I will be doing soon enough. If Samael's passive healing is as good as it seems, I may switch out heal for Time Shift.

The only issue I run into is with 400 less health (no longer using Kershal or Blood Ruby), I can now be 1 hit by some arcane ring rogues even with full health and my shield up. But if I hit first with Frost, it slows them enough so that does not happen. And obviously if their first attack happens during the 2 seconds shield invulnerability, then it does not happen either.

Instanthumor
08-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Is that boost enough to make us competitive?

No.

On a side note.... Instant: on my end game sorcerer, ever since I switched back to mythic helm/armor and switched to archon ring of brutality, and got rid of fireball (now using frost, lightning, shield, heal), I'm running a 3-to-1 KDR. It's only been a week, but good results so far. As you have told me many times, I just need to add Samael which I will be doing soon enough. If Samael's passive healing is as good as it seems, I may switch out heal for Time Shift.

The only issue I run into is with 400 less health (no longer using Kershal or Blood Ruby), I can now be 1 hit by some arcane ring rogues even with full health and my shield up. But if I hit first with Frost, it slows them enough so that does not happen. And obviously if their first attack happens during the 2 seconds shield invulnerability, then it does not happen either.

As a rogue, when you get hit by a Frost bolt, you hardly even noticed you're being slowed. It's not effective, only reason people would use frost is the dmg output for it is the second highest dmg skill a mage has. Who cares about a little slowing when Fireball stuns. During a stun, rogues cannot move nor can they attack, which imo, is 9000% better than an ineffective slow. Besides, I hope you realize that the build you have there has 0 AoE offensive skills. In my dictionary, that's equivalent to a very squishy rogue who deals insufficient dmg. No crowd control at all.

P.S. It is impossible to dodge a fireball stun.

Energizeric
08-15-2014, 04:21 PM
P.S. It is impossible to dodge a fireball stun.

You keep telling me that, but after 3 months of it not working I finally gave up on it. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but nobody has been able to tell me what that is. I had 5/5 for fireball, I charged it, but rogues keep moving right through it like if it was uncharged, only a small percentage of the time did it work. Slag's stun was more reliable for me. I finally gave up and moved to frost bolt. Since the change my KDR is much much better.

I cannot win with stuns like I did in previous seasons. I get stunned far more often by a rogue than I am able to stun them. I must kill them faster than they kill me, and with this build I can now do that against equally geared rogues. Can I do it against an arcane ring rogue with Samael? Not often, but should I really be able to? Not unless they are really bad.

And now with this build I can actually take down an equally geared warrior on occasion, and can almost always take down legendary warriors, which I was not able to do before. The extra damage from frost bolt makes a big difference.

And yes, frost bolt does slow rogues down enough where it takes them longer to get to their healing packs, which can make a difference if they are almost dead and they don't quite get there in time. And for warriors, it slows them so I can actually keep kiting them and keep my distance. What's nice about frost is there is no 8 second immunity to it, and with only a 3 second cool down, I can keep them moving slow the whole battle.

Is Samael's passive heal good enough that you can safely get by without lifegiver? If so, then I would add time shift and have an even better slowing skill, which would help even more.

Instanthumor
08-15-2014, 04:49 PM
You keep telling me that, but after 3 months of it not working I finally gave up on it. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but nobody has been able to tell me what that is. I had 5/5 for fireball, I charged it, but rogues keep moving right through it like if it was uncharged, only a small percentage of the time did it work. Slag's stun was more reliable for me. I finally gave up and moved to frost bolt. Since the change my KDR is much much better.

I cannot win with stuns like I did in previous seasons. I get stunned far more often by a rogue than I am able to stun them. I must kill them faster than they kill me, and with this build I can now do that against equally geared rogues. Can I do it against an arcane ring rogue with Samael? Not often, but should I really be able to? Not unless they are really bad.

And now with this build I can actually take down an equally geared warrior on occasion, and can almost always take down legendary warriors, which I was not able to do before. The extra damage from frost bolt makes a big difference.

And yes, frost bolt does slow rogues down enough where it takes them longer to get to their healing packs, which can make a difference if they are almost dead and they don't quite get there in time. And for warriors, it slows them so I can actually keep kiting them and keep my distance. What's nice about frost is there is no 8 second immunity to it, and with only a 3 second cool down, I can keep them moving slow the whole battle.

Is Samael's passive heal good enough that you can safely get by without lifegiver? If so, then I would add time shift and have an even better slowing skill, which would help even more.

Man, I give up. I try to help you, but in the end, you always just stick to your original build. No room for improvement if you're not willing to change. Same thing with this thread. You ask for help but you still go back to the dot on frost bolt. The build I told you can kill full geared arcane ring/samael rogues as a mythic sorcerer. All it takes is one respec and some listening... But I feel as if words go through one ear and out the other. But what can I do, a mage is all about your personal preference. GG man

Energizeric
08-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Man, I give up. I try to help you, but in the end, you always just stick to your original build. No room for improvement if you're not willing to change. Same thing with this thread. You ask for help but you still go back to the dot on frost bolt. The build I told you can kill full geared arcane ring/samael rogues as a mythic sorcerer. All it takes is one respec and some listening... But I feel as if words go through one ear and out the other. But what can I do, a mage is all about your personal preference. GG man

I did try the build you suggested for me at end game, and it wasn't working for me. When I told you that, you said to get samael. Well, I don't have samael, and unless you are going to gift him to me I will continue to not have him for the near future. So I need another way to be competitive.

I've tried:

Fire, Lightning, Shield, Heal
Fire, Lightning, Frost, Shield
Fire, Lightning, Curse, Shield
Fire, Lightning, Time Shift, Shield

None of these worked well. The only one which gave me enough firepower to kill rogues and warriors before they could heal themselves was Fire, Lightning, Frost, Shield. The problem was that most of the time I would die too fast as I had no heal. So I decided to switch out Fire for Heal, and now that seems to be working well for me.

The other big change was switching to the elondrian rifle. I just am not a staff user, and so the kershal did not fit with my playing style. Also, given the nice proc of the rifle, I'm not sure I would even want 3 offensive skills with such short cool downs as I would want to keep firing the gun a decent amount to keep the armor proc going and get the occasional root proc. So if I was to add a third offensive skill, it would have to be something with a long cool down like Time Shift.

Instanthumor
08-15-2014, 05:02 PM
I did try the build you suggested for me at end game, and it wasn't working for me. When I told you that, you said to get samael. Well, I don't have samael, and unless you are going to gift him to me I will continue to not have him for the near future. So I need another way to be competitive.

I've tried:

Fire, Lightning, Shield, Heal
Fire, Lightning, Frost, Shield
Fire, Lightning, Curse, Shield
Fire, Lightning, Time Shift, Shield

None of these worked well.

My last piece of advice for you: if none of the above builds worked for you, switch classes.

Energizeric
08-15-2014, 05:14 PM
My last piece of advice for you: if none of the above builds worked for you, switch classes.

I'm doing just fine as sorcerer. Last I checked I was on the top 25 list of sorcerers on the leaderboard, and still had a KDR of around 1.6/1 in PvP and around 135/1 in PvE. And most of the time I've been doing this without top gear. Only during the last month of season 4 have I ever had the best gear & pet for my class. During that month I was running 10/1 KDR in PvP and could beat anyone 1-on-1 except for 3 players: Psychopathic, Predator & Love. If I had an arcane ring and samael, I'd expect the results would be rather similar again. Just wait, it will happen again. I'm saving my gold and will have the best gear at some point in the future hopefully.

Instanthumor
08-15-2014, 05:28 PM
Let's just hope dreams do one day come true. Gl twinking.

P.S. You don't need ANY skill at all to be on top 25 lb, js

Hectororius
08-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Is this an end game thread or think thread?

uunknownn
08-16-2014, 03:09 AM
Given that we have a free respec weekend coming to a close soon, I figured I should respec my twink sorcerer. So here are the details so far....

Gear:

Expedition Rifle of Brutality
Ancient Druid Helm of Brutality
Ancient Druid Garb of Brutality
Winter Star Ring of Warfare
Tarlok Heart of Brutality

Pet: Dovabear

I'm going for a total nuclear build here, meaning lots of damage....and by keeping all gear STR/INT, shield works well as my only defensive skill.

This works well for me at end game so figured I would try that here too....

If I go full INT with my stat points, my stats look like this: 99 damage, 1404 health, 348 armor

For skills I am figuring to go with Fire, Lightning, Frost, Shield

That leaves me with 5 additional skill points, so I have added the following skill upgrades:

Fireball "Impact" - adds stun on a charged fireball
Lightning "Empowered Bolt" - +15% damage
Arcane Shield "Extended Shield" - increases total damage absorbable & length of shield by 5 seconds
Arcane Shield "Hardened Shielding" - 2 seconds invulnerability

That leaves me with one additional skill point, but not sure where to put it. I was thinking maybe to add DoT to either Fireball or Frost (which one causes more damage?) or perhaps just use this to add a +5 INT passive. My crit is so low (under 2%) that it does not pay to add the 250% critical hit lightning upgrade.

Any thoughts about my build in general and about where to put that extra skill point? if you change your mind bout bracket try level 23 mage with curse here is very dangerous :)

UndeadJudge
08-17-2014, 11:52 PM
if you change your mind bout bracket try level 23 mage with curse here is very dangerous :)

23 nuke mages are too.

Also @ener, use fireball right after shield. It won't fail stun. If it does, I don't believe you lel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Digitalclock
08-20-2014, 12:47 AM
Do not use heal at lvl 10

Energizeric
08-20-2014, 02:04 AM
Ok, I have played around with a few builds so far and this is what I have figured out....

1) No way I can kill a warrior. There is something seriously wrong with balance at this level. I just tested with a warrior and no matter what I did I could not get him below 50%. Even though on paper I have damage of 100 and skill damage of 200+, his armor must be so high for level 10 that he is blocking out 80% of the damage I inflict, so barely taking any damage at all.

2) I can kill a rogue if they are not geared as well as me. I have top gear for level 10 (every item is the best that can be found including discontinued stuff), so often times a rogue is not geared well and I can win. But if they are also top geared they will beat me. I have not explored using a stun pet like Slag, and I'm thinking that could do the trick. When my main was at levels 26/31, I was always able to beat most rogues, but it always required a good stun pet.

3) It has been suggested to me by my guild (Red Legion) that maybe I should go up to level 11. It would give me a slight advantage against mostly level 10 players. But I could also find myself up against level 12 players too. I have been told that most "pro" sorcerers in this bracket are level 11. Any thoughts on that? Once I move up the level, I won't ever be able to go back down, so I'm a bit hesitant. The stat difference is about +27 armor, +7 damage, with no noticeable health difference. So instead of 349 armor and 100 damage, I'd have 376 armor and 107 damage. It sounds like a small difference, but at low levels maybe such a small sounding difference could be significant.

4) I've played with a few different builds, and here are my thoughts....

Lifegiver - somewhat useless at this level. With all the bonus health points from the ancient druid helm/armor and tarlok amulet, I've got 1400+ health. Even with 100 damage stat, Lifegiver is only able to heal me about 15-20% of my total health, which is very insignificant. For comparison, at end game Lifegiver heals me 80-90% of my total health.

Fireball - I get stunned very easily from warriors and rogues, and so any skill that requires me to charge is a liability at this level as often times I don't get the skill off in time. So unless I lead with fireball instead of leading with shield, I'm not going to be able to charge it most of the time. Therefore, I find this skill less useful than others since the cooldown is longer and the damage is lower. The only advantage of fireball is the stun which you must charge to get.

Frost - probably the most useful damage skill at this level. It slows rogues from getting to their healing packs and also slows warriors if they are chasing me. Very effective.

Lightning - nothing special here, but a good damage skill. Not critical hits at this level with 2% crit stat, but still a decent damage skill.

Shield - while it is a necessary skill, it is not as necessary as at end game since health is much higher here compared to damage. For example, my health is 14 times as much as my damage at level 10. At end game my health is 5.5 times as much as my damage. So there is no getting one hit at level 10, or even 3 hit. It seriously takes many hits to kill you. Therefore, what I quickly figured out is the 2 seconds invulnerability upgrade is a wasted skill point. It only really protects you against a single hit, possibly 2. That point is better used somewhere else. Plus, you have to charge the skill to get the invulnerability. Without that upgrade, no need to charge which helps speed things up.

I haven't tried Time Shift, but I'm thinking this may be a good skill at this level as it will help to slow down warriors and rogues. The key for me to survive is to kite and keep my distance during clashes. Any skill that slows the enemy down is a good one.

I also haven't tried curse, but it seems that to be effective you would have to put at least 3 points into curse. Plus, it seems less useful in TDM which is where I spend 90% of my time. I'm not a huge CTF fan.

My next respec is going to be Ice, Lightning, Time Shift, Shield.

Digitalclock
08-20-2014, 12:10 PM
do not lvl up to 11. Do not ! 12's and 13's will smash you. also when you see 12's at lvl 10 room just get out of the room

Digitalclock
08-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Pro mages lvl 11? LOL only pro mage in this bracket is Mrjeby. and he is lvl 10

Dex Scene
08-21-2014, 06:09 AM
Ok, I have played around with a few builds so far and this is what I have figured out....

1) No way I can kill a warrior. There is something seriously wrong with balance at this level. I just tested with a warrior and no matter what I did I could not get him below 50%. Even though on paper I have damage of 100 and skill damage of 200+, his armor must be so high for level 10 that he is blocking out 80% of the damage I inflict, so barely taking any damage at all.

2) I can kill a rogue if they are not geared as well as me. I have top gear for level 10 (every item is the best that can be found including discontinued stuff), so often times a rogue is not geared well and I can win. But if they are also top geared they will beat me. I have not explored using a stun pet like Slag, and I'm thinking that could do the trick. When my main was at levels 26/31, I was always able to beat most rogues, but it always required a good stun pet.

3) It has been suggested to me by my guild (Red Legion) that maybe I should go up to level 11. It would give me a slight advantage against mostly level 10 players. But I could also find myself up against level 12 players too. I have been told that most "pro" sorcerers in this bracket are level 11. Any thoughts on that? Once I move up the level, I won't ever be able to go back down, so I'm a bit hesitant. The stat difference is about +27 armor, +7 damage, with no noticeable health difference. So instead of 349 armor and 100 damage, I'd have 376 armor and 107 damage. It sounds like a small difference, but at low levels maybe such a small sounding difference could be significant.

4) I've played with a few different builds, and here are my thoughts....

Lifegiver - somewhat useless at this level. With all the bonus health points from the ancient druid helm/armor and tarlok amulet, I've got 1400+ health. Even with 100 damage stat, Lifegiver is only able to heal me about 15-20% of my total health, which is very insignificant. For comparison, at end game Lifegiver heals me 80-90% of my total health.

Fireball - I get stunned very easily from warriors and rogues, and so any skill that requires me to charge is a liability at this level as often times I don't get the skill off in time. So unless I lead with fireball instead of leading with shield, I'm not going to be able to charge it most of the time. Therefore, I find this skill less useful than others since the cooldown is longer and the damage is lower. The only advantage of fireball is the stun which you must charge to get.

Frost - probably the most useful damage skill at this level. It slows rogues from getting to their healing packs and also slows warriors if they are chasing me. Very effective.

Lightning - nothing special here, but a good damage skill. Not critical hits at this level with 2% crit stat, but still a decent damage skill.

Shield - while it is a necessary skill, it is not as necessary as at end game since health is much higher here compared to damage. For example, my health is 14 times as much as my damage at level 10. At end game my health is 5.5 times as much as my damage. So there is no getting one hit at level 10, or even 3 hit. It seriously takes many hits to kill you. Therefore, what I quickly figured out is the 2 seconds invulnerability upgrade is a wasted skill point. It only really protects you against a single hit, possibly 2. That point is better used somewhere else. Plus, you have to charge the skill to get the invulnerability. Without that upgrade, no need to charge which helps speed things up.

I haven't tried Time Shift, but I'm thinking this may be a good skill at this level as it will help to slow down warriors and rogues. The key for me to survive is to kite and keep my distance during clashes. Any skill that slows the enemy down is a good one.

I also haven't tried curse, but it seems that to be effective you would have to put at least 3 points into curse. Plus, it seems less useful in TDM which is where I spend 90% of my time. I'm not a huge CTF fan.

My next respec is going to be Ice, Lightning, Time Shift, Shield.
I am in red legion too. I might leave as im leaving twinking. But yeah, like we told you, mage cant win 1-1 this level. That's the reason why we said get the curse. Since you are in red, you know how many clashes we get. Your curse will be great + to your teams in clash.
When i was mage, i used to had
curse frost lightning-bolt and shield. I didnt have heal :/ but i was okay. Good luck on your test!!