PDA

View Full Version : Different PVP Room - Teamwork

Riptank
08-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Ok, we hear people saying about gang/farm/bullied - And its not fun, I felt sorry for the newbies. So here's my idea:

Make A new PVP room that the names and guild are hidden, Each team will have their unique temporary vanity for battle. The only difference is the color. Red team = Red costume, Blue team = Blue costume

There's no join button to avoid calling guildmate/friends/ally, joining a room is random. Lucky if you can join your friends room.

Don't make the room too big so that regrouping is not that hard.

Chat will be like this - >> Player 1: Rg guys
Player 2: Warrior heal one at a time, I'll do the first heal
Player 3: Mage stay at the back you're weaker, Aim first rouge
Player 3: ahh nub

Benefits:
1. People will need to have teamwork to win
2. People will need to support each other
3. Avoid being ganged coz once you see one of your team is being ganged you have to help coz if you don't then your team lose the game
4. You wont worry about killing your friends/guildmate/ally since you don't know if it was them
5. Newbies can fully participate without worry from gang and will have fun
6. No ally, guildmate, friends = since you cant distinguish them, this will avoid isolated target.
7. A pure KILL THEM ALL :)

Post your thoughts about my idea and you may add for improvement. I'm sorry if someone already post this..Thanks

Ishtmeet
08-11-2014, 12:35 PM
That's what CTF should be like.
You would hear negative feedback from those endgame pvp guilds,(2-3) but really i love this idea!

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Riptank
08-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks bro. I'm ready for the negative feedback hehe..

Riptank
08-11-2014, 12:42 PM
"What happening in our current state is that there's guild, allied and friends so basically those that are not included in the list will be ganged/farmed."

Ishtmeet
08-11-2014, 01:14 PM
I want - No name, guilds visible in PvP. No chatting/inviting in PvP( Team chats only, no guild chat or friend chat).
Person died will not be able to re-group again until the battle ends up in a last man standing. That would really make this PvP balanced

fiftyonecents
08-11-2014, 06:22 PM
I like the no name or guild name idea yes. on the other input mentioned still indecisive at the moment sorry.

I think you are on the right track with this idea. Its like a blind fight , you kill whoever you can only this way you wont know names or guild names , thus eliminating any blockers or ganger groups , or clashes between guilds or spams from fights that went wrong ...lol!!

Good thread.

Riptank
08-12-2014, 01:33 PM
I want - No name, guilds visible in PvP. No chatting/inviting in PvP( Team chats only, no guild chat or friend chat).
Person died will not be able to re-group again until the battle ends up in a last man standing. That would really make this PvP balanced

Guild should not be visible, imagine if red team all guilmate while in blue 3 are ally and the rest are random newbies.. It will still lead to ganging since you cant chat your ally to leave room? or lets say you can pm them but they wont listen and in reality you wont event bother to tell them to out instead you just farm those 2 newbies who joined. Or if you do pm them to leave not all will do the same. This map should make the player blind and just fight the opponent whoever they maybe.. A pure red vs blue.

Other than that your last suggestion is great, coz sometimes regrouping will make the battle last long or it will not end the round. At least by your suggestion we can say if one made mistake the round will end..

Riptank
08-12-2014, 01:36 PM
I like the no name or guild name idea yes. on the other input mentioned still indecisive at the moment sorry.

I think you are on the right track with this idea. Its like a blind fight , you kill whoever you can only this way you wont know names or guild names , thus eliminating any blockers or ganger groups , or clashes between guilds or spams from fights that went wrong ...lol!!

Good thread.

Exactly.

Remiem
08-13-2014, 01:28 PM
You guys are definitely on to something here. How much would it change things in PvP if you didn't know the identities of the people you were playing against. It's definitely worth considering. I'll bring it up with the devs.

Soundlesskill
08-13-2014, 01:38 PM
It should just be the names "Rouge" "Warrior" "Mage"

Player 1-10 is a lot :P

lethaljade
08-14-2014, 04:16 AM
Love the idea of no names in pvp.

Darylle
08-14-2014, 01:31 PM
It should just be the names "Rouge" "Warrior" "Mage"

Player 1-10 is a lot :P

I think no, there's still instances that all player joined are warrior/mage/rouge, so it would be more confusing doesn't make sense..IMO

example:
Warrior: hi
Warrior: move
Warrior: what?
Warrior: ok
Warrior: heal

Overall this idea of riptank is great

epicrrr
08-15-2014, 03:19 AM
Not all who enter CTF ARENA are well geared, with this thought im not really enticed to play on this room.

If you really want a teamwork room make a Guild war room; having 2 newbie on your room doesnt really makes you to want to have a teamwork with them as theyre 1-2 hits only.

Riptank
08-15-2014, 06:01 AM
Not all who enter CTF ARENA are well geared, with this thought im not really enticed to play on this room.

If you really want a teamwork room make a Guild war room; having 2 newbie on your room doesnt really makes you to want to have a teamwork with them as theyre 1-2 hits only.

My suggestion is about having another open room like our current CTF. Guild war room is a different thing that needs to be set and takes time to start, it needs the agreement of both parties. Most guild war in other MMORG consider it as an event which happens 1's or multiple times per month but not daily since it's time consuming and needs a lot of preparation. It doesn't really work as daily pvp room, not to mention the level gap which could be a big factor since most cases people would disagree if other party would have higher level in them. I suggest you should create another thread specifically for guild war since you lack of understanding about what my idea really is.

My thought here is that we should have to have a room in which name and title are not visible, so you don't know who you fighting with. A pure RED VS BLUE, by this you wont be worrying about GUILDMATE, ALLIES AND FRIENDS. So if you're in other team then you're an enemy, simple as that. Thus this not totally but somewhat reduce ganging and having isolated target. About newbies, I understand since you're in a low level and most newbies there are having common gear. But it's different when you reach 15 and above, newbies improve and if they use conquish set they could be very helpful sometimes not to mention if they are warrior. It's up to you whether to help them or not, but sometimes they can be handy since you can use them as front liner, make them tank/shield.. So they may receive those critical shot that suppose to hit you. Even if you just use them as shield once they last hit and unintentionally killed the opponent you could really see the happiness in them, IK since I encountered some. Hearing them saying like "yey i killed one", "my first kill", "my first flag"

Most player that would disagree on this suggestion are those on low level who just want to farm newbies or dummies and somehow afraid that they could fight their strong team/friends and might killed them. In other words a KDR lover.

epicrrr
08-15-2014, 07:34 AM
While this could be fun, but this suggestion is trying to fix a system that is not broken, it has its short coming but i can see name, know them and in general have FUN. This scenario will bring discord and chaos to PVP scene while the suggestions intention is noble it create more problem than it fixes. Your sole argument of ganging and spot blocking was shallow.

if this gets implemented RIP PVP

fiftyonecents
08-15-2014, 04:01 PM
You guys are definitely on to something here. How much would it change things in PvP if you didn't know the identities of the people you were playing against. It's definitely worth considering. I'll bring it up with the devs.

well if anything , make a pvp addition rather than change the way our existing pvp arena's already are, the more options to choose from the better. Maybe if you did a test run for a month or two and see how its works out ( I know I know ..lol!!! ''test run'' easier said than done..lol'' ) sorry if I simplified it like too much just now, but you get what I am saying.... I hope.

Best,

Fifty

Riptank
08-17-2014, 09:58 PM
While this could be fun, but this suggestion is trying to fix a system that is not broken, it has its short coming but i can see name, know them and in general have FUN. This scenario will bring discord and chaos to PVP scene while the suggestions intention is noble it create more problem than it fixes. Your sole argument of ganging and spot blocking was shallow.

if this gets implemented RIP PVP

Keep your opinion, i'm not trying to fix any system issues rather suggesting an idea for the better. Read my post again, there's a word "avoid" there.. by it i hope you should know the sole meaning of it. I brought up this suggestion to have at least not a perfect room but close enough to have a fair PVP room. Just pure red vs blue room without worrying about GUILD/FRIENDS/ALLY - This bring more discord and chaos, have you ever encountered killing allies? or friends or guildmate? what happen next? "cry" "complain" "envy" "guilt" and "hatred" = players kicked out unrighteously, and this----> "kick him.." "i'll farm you nub for life" "we will farm you".. You think these scenarios will still exist IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU FIGHTING WITH??? NO ALLY/FRIENDS/GUILD.. will you still have hatred to someone if you don't know him in the first place? will you still be able to say "WE WILL FARM YOU' OR "I WILL FARM YOU NUB"?? now tell me

And FYI I am not trying to eliminate CTF nor TDM. If you don't want play in this room the go ahead and play in CTF/TDM.. tsk tsk

Ganging = All we can do is avoid it, it still will happen but atleast we reduce it. "GUILD" ALLY" "FRIEND" is one of the reason why there's ganging, since you cant touch them you just farm those newbies and gang them..
Spot blocking = If you can remove "JOIN" button can you still spot block? are you sure you can join your friend's room when joining a room selected randomly?? and WHY YOU SHOULD you NEED to spot block when you don't even know who you fighting or defending.

I know why you don't like this suggestion, coz all you want to do is gang farm and be famous..To dominate in the arena... You don't have concerns to other people specially to newbies, you only see them as FOOD..... You see fun for your own not for everyone, in other word self centered. . I know you personally and I know what you've been doing. If this gets implemented RIP to your game style. Stay in CTF and TDM.

The only shallow here is your mind set, now I know why Remiem liked my post and you don't.

Blissfulgod
08-18-2014, 09:29 PM
I've never been a fan of teaming up in pvp for the sole purpose of stacking the odds in my favor and nor do I enjoy being on the receiving end of those situations. Currently, this is how most pvp games play out. Some may enjoy playing a game they know they are going to win, but I personally don't and (as evidenced by the creation of this thread) I am not alone.

What Riptank has proposed is a great idea for those who want a much more balanced gaming experience. Sure, players with the best gears will always be at an advantage, but not so much that the game is decided before anyone gets to swing a sword or fire a spell. Winning as a team of non maxed-out players and the occasional all-star makes the experience more exciting and rewarding! The reason the current pvp system is 'broken' is because only the maxed/allied players are regulars there. The majority of players try pvp once, get ganged and quit. We all want to enjoy pvp, but currently only a handful of players do.

Now, in addition to defending this thread's purpose, I have something to add that might help prevent stacking teams:
In order to prevent guilds from rigging games by quitting and joining until they are teamed with that rogue that they agreed would spin twice and shoot an arrow to show it was my guild (there are ways of getting around usernames), I think there should be a 30min. penalty for leaving a game so that players cannot rejoin directly after already starting a game.