PDA

View Full Version : Give Arterra more soil to be stepped upon!

nazgulking
01-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Hey there folks!
Since the devs are planning to finish Alterra with the alien oasis towne (for now I mean :) I don't know the future plans of devs nor i am a foreseer), we have different campaigns like the elite Frozen Nightmare, or the Skeller Krunch returns! which can be accessed only through hosting a game (or instance as you wish to call it :)).
I think It would be nice to make other parts of the world loosely based on the cemetery road that leads to Vyxnar lair, that may let you access these two campaings. FN may be accessed through the mountain pass that leads to oasis towne and SKR may be accessed through an additional road between glumdoll cemetery and lake louie.
We may even add more territory to access the pvp areas (That's something that just came up to my mind) and possibily having a common place somewhere in Alterra where players may gather and choose which pvp game access through a portal
(That could be the "bar" many people wished to see in lake louie).
I think that also games like Victory Lap or the end boss-brawl-like maps may be accessed through places in the particular towne their campaign belongs (like the hidden passages in balefort - dark forest - forest haven - glumdoll and frost haven)
What do you think?

Suggestion delivered!

Conradin
01-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Quick its alterra not arterra. Arterra is a forums person

nazgulking
01-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Duh >_< my bad

Conradin
01-17-2011, 12:53 PM
It's cool. Good ideas tho man :)

KingFu
01-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Give soil to Arterra too. I wanna step on him

xD

superglut2
01-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Good idea i love walking around exploring things haha

Kossi
01-17-2011, 02:26 PM
i lol'ed at the title

Arterra
01-17-2011, 02:27 PM
I Lay in wait for this mistake, lookin for reason to lol
There are better examples of this mistake don't worry. Yours only had the title, I saw an entire thread where only Arterra was used xD

I need soil to plant my big troll trees.

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Give soil to Arterra too. I wanna step on him

xD

Arterra, sorry but your upper chest is about to be the new hangout spot.

Firepants
01-17-2011, 03:04 PM
I was like " WTF?!!! Does arterra need soil for?" bahahaaa..

nazgulking
01-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Apart from the hijacking that has been going on, I want to add another detail to my idea. I like to explore and I think the players don't do it so much in PL. To enhance this part I suggest that you can access to all levels like you do in Vyxnarr lair. Only if you enter a particular spot/gate/portal you host a game, and still you can join games like you usually do. Only exception are the normal levels of the campaign (Like Close Encounters, Crush the keeper, Cative audience...) should be accessed through portals and then the hosting interface should show up giving you the opportunity to choose which game to host. I'd like also to abolish the insta-jump from one towne to another, and still leave the actual world-map to keep track of which towne you are in and how many quests you have done in each campaign.
What do you think?

KingFu
01-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Arterra, sorry but your upper chest is about to be the new hangout spot.

We can head down south for the winter;)

Eww, gross image in my head....

Arterra
01-18-2011, 05:48 PM
LOL at phar and mystic...

i got to refrain from jungle jokes...

Pharcyde
01-19-2011, 12:04 AM
You got some vicious gorilla's and lions down south eh Arterra? What about up north? Is there smelly yaks in Canada?

nazgulking
01-31-2011, 02:10 PM
An Idea came up to my mind along the others I have already outlined... How about unlocking areas when you approach them by foot? I'll explain better what I have in mind.
Imagine you want to insta-jump to Dark forest, but all you have done is in Forest Haven. Then you'll be able to teleport to DF only after you have taken the portal from FH to DF. In the same way you can unlock Boss Brawl levels after you have completed all 5 levels of the campaign the BB level belongs to, then you will have to approach the gate/grate/whatever door that gives you access to that level to be able to host those games. This way, after you have walked to these areas and after beign able to host/teleport to these areas in a way it's like if you know already the way to them but for quick access purposes you won't do the same road again. This way may give the players a reason to explore Alterra. What do you think?

Arterra
01-31-2011, 02:46 PM
An Idea came up to my mind along the others I have already outlined... How about unlocking areas when you approach them by foot? I'll explain better what I have in mind.
Imagine you want to insta-jump to Dark forest, but all you have done is in Forest Haven. Then you'll be able to teleport to DF only after you have taken the portal from FH to DF. In the same way you can unlock Boss Brawl levels after you have completed all 5 levels of the campaign the BB level belongs to, then you will have to approach the gate/grate/whatever door that gives you access to that level to be able to host those games. This way, after you have walked to these areas and after beign able to host/teleport to these areas in a way it's like if you know already the way to them but for quick access purposes you won't do the same road again. This way may give the players a reason to explore Alterra. What do you think?

there are roads between towns... they should be expanded into whole dungeons themselves, so to feel like an accomplishment after reaching the new town.

Pharcyde
01-31-2011, 05:08 PM
there are roads between towns... they should be expanded into whole dungeons themselves, so to feel like an accomplishment after reaching the new town.

lol who actually uses the roads? Quick map that up.