PDA

View Full Version : How Does 0.65% Dodge Help a Level 41 Warrior?

Niixed
08-12-2014, 01:11 PM
I've been meaning to post this for some time. I don't know if it's just a long-standing error or a scalability-related absurdity.

Level 2 Arlorian Wall: 0.65% Dodge
Level 41 Arlorian Wall: 0.65% Dodge

All of these related weapons have the same issue:

Hunter's Pavise of Will
Hunter's Pavise of Potency
Expedition Shield of Will
Expedition Shield of Potency
Arlorian Wall of Will
Arlorian Wall of Potency
Hardened Expedition Circle of Will
Hardened Expedition Circle of Potency

The template used to create the weapons on the above list came from this family of weapons:

Dark Circle of Will
Dark Circle of Potency
Stygian Hoplite of Will
Stygian Hoplite of Potency
Imbued Pavise of Will
Imbued Pavise of Potency
Shade's Wall of Will
Shade's Wall of Potency
Gloom Shield of Will
Gloom Shield of Potency

ALL of these sword/shield combo weapons have 0.65% dodge, regardless of level.

What gives??

Gragorak
08-12-2014, 03:02 PM
RNG-based stats shouldn't be too high, it would only cause problems. That's one of the things that were wrong in PL but that have been fixed in AL. Low dodge values benefit everyone.

Niixed
08-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Maybe you don't play AL, but no other weapons im aware of lack proper scaling on dodge. For example the Conquerer's Wall of Savvy, which is a somewhat similar weapon, scales properly.

Level 1 version of CWoS grants a dodge of 0.18% while the level 41 version grants 3.38%. That's an increment is 0.08% per level.

Scalabilty is an issue in all mmo's but consistency is equally important.

Madnex
08-13-2014, 03:54 AM
Yeah a lot of stuff has this issue. Eg. Ancient druid set has 150 HP/MP from L1 to L41 and same for living set which has stable 1h/s 1m/s throughout all levels. I'll add this up in the list but it looks like these will take a long long time till resolved.

Niixed
08-13-2014, 08:46 AM
Thanks again, Mad. I know there's a lot of pressure to create new content, but I hope STS finds the time to deal with the small issues like this. All together they make one very large issue.

phillyr
08-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Thanks again, Mad. I know there's a lot of pressure to create new content, but I hope STS finds the time to deal with the small issues like this. All together they make one very large issue.
I would much rather them fix current bugs before they work on yet another arcane pet.