PDA

View Full Version : Who likes to kick assphalt?

Firepants
01-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Who here runs? I love to run. This morning (really noon) range inspired me to get out of bed and to go for a run in the rain. One of the best feelings in life is the high you get while running, rain soaked, feeling so alive. I am jealous of range because he gets to run on the Cali beach. We both have played PL while running...... So I was wondering...... Anyone else here run?

Zeus
01-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Who here runs? I love to run. This morning (really noon) range inspired me to get out of bed and to go for a run in the rain. One of the best feelings in life is the high you get while running, rain soaked, feeling so alive. I am jealous of range because he gets to run on the Cali beach. We both have played PL while running...... So I was wondering...... Anyone else here run?

Well as I said, rain and the beach don't mix unless it's sunshine rain. That's the only time rain makes me feel happy and not depressed :). But you should try barefoot beach running, among one of the best running experiences :). Plus its a little bonus when the girls check you out as you run past them :)

BeardedBear
01-17-2011, 03:02 PM
I came here to kick asphalt and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum!

Zeus
01-17-2011, 03:03 PM
I came here to kick asphalt and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum!

Aw! You want a pack of 5?

jjjjaaaakkkke
01-17-2011, 03:09 PM
I did cross country when I was in Jr. high. 1st week was living hell.. But, as I kept running it got ok. The team practiced in the state park. One day we were searching for a training area, and I got runners high.. felt amazing.. :D It felt like I could run forever.

Zeus
01-17-2011, 03:11 PM
I did cross country when I was in Jr. high. 1st week was living hell.. But, as I kept running it got ok. The team practiced in the state park. One day we were searching for a training area, and I got runners high.. felt amazing.. :D It felt like I could run forever.

Runners high! I love that feeling, but I HATE running when your legs feel like you have 50 pounds weights strapped on them

jjjjaaaakkkke
01-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Runners high! I love that feeling, but I HATE running when your legs feel like you have 50 pounds weights strapped on them

We had a marathon runner talk to our team. He said halfway through the marathon he was thinking "OMG what did I get myself into, this is horrible." But then as he got past the halfway mark he got runners high.. :D

Firepants
01-17-2011, 04:44 PM
I have run 2 half marathons. They were amazing. My dad actually has a close friend who was in the olympics. He ran the half marathon that I did and he ran it (13.1 miles) in 1 hour and 5 min. Suppa sic!!!! The distance isn't so bad if u train long enough. We did get up to 15 miles on Saturday's. Yea crazy but it was amazing...... At the end they would have beer as your carb load up lol.

Ladylove
01-17-2011, 04:45 PM
I hate running :/

Zeus
01-17-2011, 04:46 PM
I have run 2 half marathons. They were amazing. My dad actually has a close friend who was in the olympics. He ran the half marathon that I did and he ran it (13.1 miles) in 1 hour and 5 min. Suppa sic!!!! The distance isn't so bad if u train long enough. We did get up to 15 miles on Saturday's. Yea crazy but it was amazing...... At the end they would have beer as your carb load up lol.

Lol I would never be able to do that! I'm impressed! I am just a casual jogger/runner here :).

Firepants
01-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Lol I would never be able to do that! I'm impressed! I am just a casual jogger/runner here :).
Lol, yea I did that last spring. I dont know if I'll do it again anytime soon..... I have a lot of runners that surround me so it becomes almost normal. If you could even call running normal or natural : ) after coming back from snowboarding though and having gotten use to the higher altitude, running has been easy!! Lol wish I could do that more often.

Arterra
01-17-2011, 06:42 PM
i cant run :( the curve of the roads make one side feel lose while the other side gets a three day sore/cramp. and im unfit lol

LoztChaos
01-17-2011, 06:59 PM
During the summer, for conditioning for wrestling, I run about 4 miles a day for 5 out of 7 days a week, It's a great feeling, A good way to stay in shape, and makes you feel alive (=