PDA

View Full Version : Public Test Server Opens Thursday 8/14! Here's What You Need to Know

Remiem
08-12-2014, 02:17 PM

The day has come! The Public Test Server opens THURSDAY 8/14!

Here are a couple of things you'll need to know before it goes live:

Account
You will need a REGISTERED Spacetime account to play your existing character on the Public Test Server. Trial accounts will not be copied over. To register your account, follow the instructions here: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/961526-how-do-i-register-my-game-account-

Characters
We will take a snapshot of the live server on Wednesday morning at 6 a.m. CDT. All characters that you have on the server will be saved at this time and will appear on the test server as they were when the snapshot was taken, including gear, inventory, skills etc. Any and all changes to your character that happen on the test server will not affect your character in the live game.

Keep an eye out on the announcement section tomorrow to find out when the server goes live and what you need to do to get in and testing!

obee
08-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Yesss!!!

Abelgaval
08-12-2014, 05:06 PM
:chuncky:

Reunegade
08-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Yay!

Spell
08-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Cool =)

fiftyonecents
08-12-2014, 05:09 PM
fifth !!!!! hahahahahah

Schnitzel
08-12-2014, 05:36 PM
6th!

Awesome

2 questions though:
1. Is it an app we have to download? Or will we get the option to choose between servers?
2. Can we still play on regular Arlor server?

rokksteady
08-12-2014, 05:39 PM
What does the test server entail

Spell
08-12-2014, 05:44 PM
I think u have to download a separate app . also I don't think iOS people will be able to test play just android ..I may be wrong doe.

Schnitzel
08-12-2014, 05:47 PM
What does the test server entail

Testing new content: a new Arena, and some new legendary gear

I think u have to download a separate app . also I don't think iOS people will be able to test play just android ..I may be wrong doe.
Yay i got both iOS and Android :D

adhyss
08-12-2014, 07:11 PM
anyone know when we can play in test server? :drunk:

Kershy
08-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Felling excited

Evicted
08-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Cant express how excited I am :D SUPER DUPER EXCITED :D ;)

Energizeric
08-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Just a question Remiem..... I realize the purpose of the test server is to test certain aspects of the game that are being developed. But it also seems possible for players to test other things. For example, I've been reluctant to purchase a samael egg at the high price, but everyone is always raving about how good he is. If I was to purchase one tonight, and then not hatch it in the real game, but only hatch it on the test server, I suppose I would have a chance to test it out on the test server without having to take that risk on the regular server, right?

Also, will the consignment shop also be on the test server? Perhaps I don't even need to buy it on the regular server and I could just acquire one on the test server to test out. Is the entire game going to be replicated on the test server or just a certain area?

Evicted
08-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Just a question Remiem..... I realize the purpose of the test server is to test certain aspects of the game that are being developed. But it also seems possible for players to test other things. For example, I've been reluctant to purchase a samael egg at the high price, but everyone is always raving about how good he is. If I was to purchase one tonight, and then not hatch it in the real game, but only hatch it on the test server, I suppose I would have a chance to test it out on the test server without having to take that risk on the regular server, right?

Also, will the consignment shop also be on the test server? Perhaps I don't even need to buy it on the regular server and I could just acquire one on the test server to test out. Is the entire game going to be replicated on the test server or just a certain area?

Oh Lol I was thinking of trying out Grimm like this in test server xD You shared with devs D:

aquascaper
08-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Will someone please lend me a samael and elo gun on the test server? ;)

lowratehitman
08-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Wait what is this public server for??

SacredKnight
08-12-2014, 11:42 PM
So how will we find/get to this test server?

Valkiryas
08-12-2014, 11:52 PM
Why I can't registrer?

I mind i didn't see the botton "Registre Accoun" I'm using Google Account

Thanks!

SacredKnight
08-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Why I can't registrer?

I mind i didn't see the botton "Registre Accoun" I'm using Google Account

Thanks!

If you are using google you have a registered account. Trial accounts are essentially guest accounts/users :)

Serancha
08-13-2014, 12:00 AM

I would think if it excluded ios people, that this would have been mentioned in the announcement. That's a pretty major part of the player base.

SacredKnight
08-13-2014, 12:02 AM
I would think if it excluded ios people, that this would have been mentioned in the announcement. That's a pretty major part of the player base.

Mm, true. But there have been some problems establishing the app with iOS. Tindirin was held back a few weeks due to it.

Elner
08-13-2014, 01:15 AM
Just hoping for the real thing.

Morholt
08-13-2014, 02:13 AM

Also, will the consignment shop also be on the test server? Perhaps I don't even need to buy it on the regular server and I could just acquire one on the test server to test out. Is the entire game going to be replicated on the test server or just a certain area?I had the same thoughts.

Will I be able to sell items in the test server, purchase new ones to try out, and then when it is all over, have all my stuff returned? This includes gold, pets/eggs/stable, gems, and all gear & vanities.
Ans also...how will our platinum be handled? Will plat be available to use? Will it be returned?

Note to players: if everything will indeed be returned to normal, this will be a good chance to be safe letting friends and guildmates try out some of your items. Those with mythic bows and daggers or glaive and maul will be able to test 'em out, without worry of theft--even if stolen in the test server, they'll be returned on the real server (and you'll know not to ever trust the person who steals pretend pretend things lol).

Hopefully some fossils get converted and some Nekros get popped and we can get some test results from players to know if he actually is anywhere near worth his price tag.

Krobelus
08-13-2014, 03:08 AM
Have u guys registered yet? I still don't see anything like register account.

Haligali
08-13-2014, 04:41 AM
Have u guys registered yet? I still don't see anything like register account.

answer:

If you are using google you have a registered account. Trial accounts are essentially guest accounts/users :)

Caielab
08-13-2014, 06:19 AM
Just as question have i all items their or is it for new arena and dungeon?

Madnex
08-13-2014, 06:44 AM
This will be interesting.

Cly the Farmer
08-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Nice

Magecleff
08-13-2014, 07:08 AM
Great!!! Excited for new Gears & challenges :angel:

obee
08-13-2014, 08:19 AM
What about google accounts?

Deanoboi
08-13-2014, 10:04 AM
New dungeons for PvE? Or just pvp items/arena??

cookiehunterx
08-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Planar tombs is a test?
Will they come in normal game?
Or only in test server?

sorry for my English

drawfflerz
08-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Can i know what time is now, and how many time left for this server test opened?

Jurmans
08-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Will this be on ios? This is endgame content so is the test server also endgame only or for all lvls?

eugene9707
08-13-2014, 11:06 AM

hmmm, would be cool

just a thought tho: what if someone opened lock on test server and got arcane shard ? ....

Thexkid
08-13-2014, 11:51 AM
This will be interesting and fun. If they are taking a snap shot of our account then after the test server it will return to how it was before then i guess the regular server will be shut down? Heres your chance to try new gear and pets out! One thing i hope is that they dont make this last too long. I need to flag and sell some items and buy a few things. Also will new players be able to create a new account during this time? Will it be gone afterwards?

toxorto
08-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!
:banana:

Remiem
08-13-2014, 11:56 AM
I had the same thoughts.

Will I be able to sell items in the test server, purchase new ones to try out, and then when it is all over, have all my stuff returned? This includes gold, pets/eggs/stable, gems, and all gear & vanities.
Ans also...how will our platinum be handled? Will plat be available to use? Will it be returned?

Note to players: if everything will indeed be returned to normal, this will be a good chance to be safe letting friends and guildmates try out some of your items. Those with mythic bows and daggers or glaive and maul will be able to test 'em out, without worry of theft--even if stolen in the test server, they'll be returned on the real server (and you'll know not to ever trust the person who steals pretend pretend things lol).

Hopefully some fossils get converted and some Nekros get popped and we can get some test results from players to know if he actually is anywhere near worth his price tag.

No guarantees here. Since the test server is for testing the new aspects of the game, I am uncertain what other character data will be carried over like CS auctions etc. You are welcome to try anything out but know that you do so at your own risk. :). Your platinum will not be used in the real game. STS will provide 1,000 platinum to each tester on the test server (it will not appear or transfer to the live game). You all are so creative. I look forward to seeing how else you utilize the test server.

Jurmans
08-13-2014, 12:00 PM
No guarantees here. Since the test server is for testing the new aspects of the game, I am uncertain what other character data will be carried over like CS auctions etc. You are welcome to try anything out but know that you do so at your own risk. :). Your platinum will not be used in the real game. STS will provide 1,000 platinum to each tester on the test server (it will not appear or transfer to the live game). You all are so creative. I look forward to seeing how else you utilize the test server.

So if i loot locks i can open those all just for fun?

Kakashis
08-13-2014, 12:29 PM
I'll pop 70 locked haha

toxorto
08-13-2014, 12:43 PM
I'll pop 70 locked haha
Good luck!!!! Lol

FluffNStuff
08-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Any chance this can be for Chrome also? I understand not going through the Apple Approval process but players that are not able to access this are at a serious disadvantage.

notfaded1
08-13-2014, 01:13 PM
Yeah I've been using google since day one... should be good already!!! Testing like this is a good idea 4sure! Thanks Sam for pulling the trigger!

notfaded1
08-13-2014, 01:16 PM

This is all due to Apple's closed garden development approval process... you're issue is with Apple not STS just so everyone is aware.

basketholic209
08-13-2014, 01:16 PM
I'll pop 70 locked haha

Yayyyy! Finally I get a chance to pop a locked crate for the first time in my entire AL life! Just for fun :D

notfaded1
08-13-2014, 01:22 PM

It's going to be a snapshot of the current game server with new context added so everything there now should be there... It's just a copy of the current game VM modified.

Morholt
08-13-2014, 01:29 PM
No guarantees here. Since the test server is for testing the new aspects of the game, I am uncertain what other character data will be carried over like CS auctions etc. You are welcome to try anything out but know that you do so at your own risk. :). Your platinum will not be used in the real game. STS will provide 1,000 platinum to each tester on the test server (it will not appear or transfer to the live game). You all are so creative. I look forward to seeing how else you utilize the test server.Bug Sam for us to know if it'll be safe to test such things. :D

I suggest something subtle, though, such as the 9001 sticky note tactic. ^.^

Ultrawave
08-13-2014, 01:40 PM
part on the server will be taken only those who was online at 6 a.m. ???:=((((

Neutrone
08-13-2014, 01:44 PM
If I'm getting 1k plat
I might just open crates for the fun of it Huhuhu

Derezzzed
08-13-2014, 02:21 PM
part on the server will be taken only those who was online at 6 a.m. ???:=((((

That's just the time the server was copied - you didn't need to be online, all they're saying is "whatever you had as of 6am today is what you'll have on the test server"

Fyrce
08-13-2014, 02:22 PM
You guys are all insane.

This is a test server. It should have nothing to do with the live game server. Whatever you do on the test server stays on the test server.

6am is just the time that a snapshot (copy) of the live game (actually probably just the player characters) will be taken for importing to the test server. It has nothing to do with the live game.

Do not confuse these two worlds. If you are confused, then do not invest time in the test.

keikali
08-13-2014, 02:50 PM
I know what I'll be doing...

Popping tons of locks!

Andrisber
08-13-2014, 03:01 PM
I know what I'll be doing...

Popping tons of locks!

All items you get will be gone. All lockeds will be gone. Gz lel.

MoloToha
08-13-2014, 03:20 PM
I think that on a main account, it is better to spend these 1000 plats on elixirs (combo in particular) to have better testing experience. Also it is reasonable to buy additional luck elixirs (and stack them with combo and lep) to test out boss drops. If there is some new craftable stuff, it will be nice to finish crafting for plats to save some time. At alt accounts, which are likely not to be involved in testing, it would be nice to spend these plats on something exclusive like locked popping :P

Schnitzel
08-13-2014, 05:16 PM
STS will provide 1,000 platinum to each tester on the test server

Dex Scene
08-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Hmm

Hhhohstapler
08-13-2014, 07:04 PM
Correct me if I am wrong.
Those who are using STS account to log in to game will be automatically taken to test servers,right? I mean,I don't want to farm elites and do it without myself knowing im in test server. What If I don't want to use test server but continue regular game?
btw,my gf is using google+ acc to log in and will she be able to access test server or she will be stuck in live game?
Thank you in advance.
Btw,not logging in until I get answers o this. This could mess with my game totally...

adhyss
08-13-2014, 09:34 PM
yaaaaay.... :banana::banana::banana: my first lock crate open.... even this just happen in test server...soooo excited :eagerness:

Instanthumor
08-13-2014, 09:44 PM
Lol 1k plat in each account, gf sts

Ultrawave
08-13-2014, 11:21 PM
That's just the time the server was copied - you didn't need to be online, all they're saying is "whatever you had as of 6am today is what you'll have on the test server"

Thanks for the answer

Engkantado
08-14-2014, 12:20 AM
How long will this test server last? :eagerness:

bmooooo
08-14-2014, 12:20 AM
I rly dont get it lol. So im using log in via Google on my main.. So to register to test server i have to register via guest log in. Then how can they copy my grears on my main(goolge+) to my new registered guest log in account.. Im so confused atm oh god hahahah TIA

tropangdhelvhante13
08-14-2014, 12:27 AM
it is started.

tropangdhelvhante13
08-14-2014, 12:28 AM
ahmm do u need to download anothers apps..

fregrox
08-14-2014, 02:37 AM
yeess!!!

Andrisber
08-14-2014, 02:54 AM
When will it be on???? .-.

Haligali
08-14-2014, 02:54 AM
Will the app published here or search for play store?

SacredKnight
08-14-2014, 03:14 AM
Even if we can't keep the items from the locks, we still can have fun and take a SS if we get anything cool ^_^

Haligali
08-14-2014, 03:27 AM
All items you get will be gone. All lockeds will be gone. Gz lel.

His lockeds will remain unlocked on the official server.

Caielab
08-14-2014, 03:27 AM
Will the app published here or search for play store?
I think they'll start new thread with furthet informations after start of test server :-)

Giuewek
08-14-2014, 03:36 AM
Still not here?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Andrisber
08-14-2014, 03:43 AM
His lockeds will remain unlocked on the official server.

Ummm... Really?

Haligali
08-14-2014, 03:44 AM
Ummm... Really?

Yes check the opening post: "Any and all changes to your character that happen on the test server will not affect your character in the live game."

Caielab
08-14-2014, 03:55 AM
I rly dont get it lol. So im using log in via Google on my main.. So to register to test server i have to register via guest log in. Then how can they copy my grears on my main(goolge+) to my new registered guest log in account.. Im so confused atm oh god hahahah TIA
U playing on laptop or mobile/

MoloToha
08-14-2014, 04:22 AM
Will be accounts bound to FB/Google+ copied to test server as well?

Ewildemon
08-14-2014, 05:16 AM
When the test server starts? :)

clyburn.
08-14-2014, 05:18 AM
Ya when it start??

Caielab
08-14-2014, 05:32 AM
Will be accounts bound to FB/Google+ copied to test server as well?
Yes

xenodadecya
08-14-2014, 05:35 AM
good

Brollysaiyan
08-14-2014, 06:43 AM
its 7am cdt where is the test server?

Caielab
08-14-2014, 06:56 AM
its 7am cdt where is the test server?
I think it starts at 10am but i dunno:)

vanzzzzz
08-14-2014, 08:01 AM
my status is already registered 2014-04-07.. need to register again?

Xeusx
08-14-2014, 08:11 AM
I guess they are really busy.

Unafeuec
08-14-2014, 08:23 AM
Everyone misunderstood this.....read it again, bottom bold letters

Keep an eye out on the announcement section tomorrow to find out when the server goes live and what you need to do to get in and testing! <---that part important

vanzzzzz
08-14-2014, 09:18 AM
Everyone misunderstood this.....read it again, bottom bold letters

Keep an eye out on the announcement section tomorrow to find out when the server goes live and what you need to do to get in and testing! <---that part important

sorry im in ph time

twinkylol
08-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Where test server??

Meemaw
08-14-2014, 01:35 PM
What will happen if we Disconnect from the server? (Too much lag that game crashes)

obee
08-14-2014, 01:39 PM
What will happen if we Disconnect from the server? (Too much lag that game crashes)

you open the app and login again lol

toxorto
08-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Loool this is the smartest think I have ever heard :banana:

twinkylol
08-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Where test?

Meemaw
08-14-2014, 02:31 PM

So... how do you enter the new... erm.. arena.

obee
08-14-2014, 02:32 PM
So... how do you enter the new... erm.. arena.

Idk