PDA

View Full Version : expired names

Thexkid
08-12-2014, 02:54 PM
It would be nice if names expired, not the toon itself, just the name. After 90days of inactivity. Maybe make it so that if u log onto the account it restarts 90days for all toons. Have warnings like push notifications or something. Reason for this is alot of original names are taken and those people dont even play anymore.

Iliketolol
08-12-2014, 02:55 PM
no ty many of my frnds like taking long breaks..

Thexkid
08-12-2014, 03:00 PM
no ty many of my frnds like taking long breaks..
90days is a really long break. And all they would have to do is log on for 1sec...

toxorto
08-12-2014, 03:01 PM
6 months or 1 year would be better because some players are taking long breaks because of school etc..

Ishtmeet
08-12-2014, 03:06 PM
6months yea!

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Soundlesskill
08-12-2014, 03:33 PM
I would like to say STS doesn't give out names if they don't like you.

Lemme tell you a small story:

I once had a friend named Love, and he got banned. Now I see some random rouge running around with that name and irks me, because I've asked STS for plenty of names already. I have contacted support, but they simply tell me they can't discuss other player accounts with me. I find that it's a completely unfair system, since Love was quite a known player around AL and his name has been taken away like nothing. If I suddenly found my name to be Noisykillarr instead of Noisykillar and saw someone run around with my name. I would do.. nasty things

I have reason to believe the names: Jack, Ana, Joy and Hax, also were given away by the STS.

Thexkid
08-12-2014, 04:30 PM

I once had a friend named Love, and he got banned. Now I see some random rouge running around with that name and irks me, because I've asked STS for plenty of names already. I have contacted support, but they simply tell me they can't discuss other player accounts with me. I find that it's a completely unfair system, since Love was quite a known player around AL and his name has been taken away like nothing. If I suddenly found my name to be Noisykillarr instead of Noisykillar and saw someone run around with my name. I would do.. nasty things

I have reason to believe the names: Jack, Ana, Joy and Hax, also were given away by the STS.
I see what you mean. Certain names should be retired especially if banned and all the people you mentioned were greats that were banned. I guess there isnt any easy way to go about this...

fiftyonecents
08-12-2014, 07:19 PM
I like the idea of a name becoming reusable if it remain inactive for 24 months , this to me in more than enough time to get back from whatever it is that you are involved with. after that then the name will be recycled and put back into the available names selection list. I am not sure if you made this post because this happened to you and if you truly have this notion and mean it for the positive gain for all future members or already members here or is it just for your personal gain.

either way , and interesting post.

Nice thread.

If you or any of your associates were banned by sts it must have been for good reason whether you agree or not, you are bound by the t.o.u. at all times. Its best not to discuss any of these matters and keep them private or it will only bring more issues onto yourself. I say this as a forewarning in the mostly friendly manner. I hate a ban trust me its not the best thing to receive ever. especially a mute :(

Best,

Fifty

Thexkid
08-12-2014, 11:16 PM
Its for everyone including myself, there is a name or two out there that i want and i believe these are and have been inactive for a long time. Also when a new person comes to make a name they have to be super creative to come up with an original cool name without using extra letters. I would like to shorten my name to Light or Lit. I also came up with an idea that there be a minimum requirement to have your name permanent and never expire(otherwise it will expire after 90days of inactivity). To have it permanent you must have two or more of the following. 1kpvp kills, 1kflags, 50kpve, 8k aps(or10k), mythic ap, arcane ap, level cap or maybe other relatively easy things. If u dont have two of those and are inactive for 90days chances are that the name isnt in use at all or is ever going to be. And im sure someone else would be glad to put it to use.

IamItachi
08-12-2014, 11:24 PM
I took a break of a year but i came back. So i think it should have more time to save it. Its a good idea but u should have the option to save ur name or atleas know that u will lose the name like u get a notice in game every login (likes "Do Not Share Any Of Your Account Information") and also if ur name gets "deleted" all money and gear should automatically be Stashed. I hope i could help u thank u all for reading my oppinion.

Suggest Ur Ideas! dont just Think! :)

Iliketolol
08-13-2014, 01:06 AM

also some mage got name 'Rage' , and when i asked him. he was like 'remeim gifted me this name'.

plz remeim do tell me what you need ( is it $? i can do that) so you can gift me names.. or do i have to send my bank statement showing how much ive invested in this game? ive asked them multiple times to give me reserved/banned unused names. even asked the real owners of names to confirm they want to give me names and they always rejected our request!

and mods like remeim and delphina went partial and gifted people names... am very pissed as am a paid customer of this game and i deserve every single service that you give to other players.

P.s new support staff is very poor.

Madnex
08-13-2014, 04:58 AM
Orrr you can just be creative and unique for once. Support already has its hands full dealing with account scams. Allowing all of the requested names to return to the game mostly means they circulate in the name selling market again.

Soundlesskill
08-13-2014, 08:17 AM
Orrr you can just be creative and unique for once. Support already has its hands full dealing with account scams. Allowing all of the requested names to return to the game mostly means they circulate in the name selling market again.

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that people, like myself, would like to A) Have a cool original name or B) Shorten their names.
I, for one, would love to go from Noisykillar to Noisy.

phillyr
08-13-2014, 08:28 AM
They are definitely quite partial to some players more than others. About the support staff...not friendly at all

Konviict
08-13-2014, 08:57 AM
Yup, life's unfair

Remiem
08-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Hey guys. These are really great ideas and something I'll have to discuss with the devs as this would involve new technology. The problem here is, like people mentioned, there are plenty of people who take long breaks from a game and then come back. Even accounts that seem inactive could come back at any time.

At one point, STS Support was able to grant the names of inactive trial accounts or banned accounts to players, but as a company we have made the decision to discontinue this service as there are too many variables that could result in someone returning to the game and finding that their beloved character name has been changed. It also largely increases the volume of our support tickets and PM messages and takes out too big a chunk of our work time each day.

I hope that you all will understand this decision and we will be sure to keep you posted on any systems that we add to release inactive names to the public.

Thanks!

Thexkid
08-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Hey guys. These are really great ideas and something I'll have to discuss with the devs as this would involve new technology. The problem here is, like people mentioned, there are plenty of people who take long breaks from a game and then come back. Even accounts that seem inactive could come back at any time.

At one point, STS Support was able to grant the names of inactive trial accounts or banned accounts to players, but as a company we have made the decision to discontinue this service as there are too many variables that could result in someone returning to the game and finding that their beloved character name has been changed. It also largely increases the volume of our support tickets and PM messages and takes out too big a chunk of our work time each day.

I hope that you all will understand this decision and we will be sure to keep you posted on any systems that we add to release inactive names to the public.

Thanks!
Thanks Rem for considering my idea! :D

Soundlesskill
08-13-2014, 10:04 AM

Thanks!

I do think still believe it's considered wrong for a dev to "gift" or so to say, names to random players. Referring to the name Rage. And I believe those names should be confiscated from the players as tbeyve been taken from inactive accounts. I've yet to get the name I've wanted since forever, and I've asked multiple times.

Soundlesskill
08-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Bro. I never said the name was free. I paid 30 plat for it.
And for u to sit here and try to ruin my reputation is bs.
You sit on 58 names. Sell them for gold. You are the reason
All the cool names are unavailable. Btw name selling isn't really legal.
Don't start something u can't finish. U raged at me after I refused your offer
Of 75mil gold to sell "Rage". I told u I won't sell because it's special to me.
AL economy is screwed up thanks to greedy people like you.
Btw.
This is the only post I will make on this thread.
Go trade some more star legends gold bro.

This doesn't change the fact that a Dev freely gave the name, and wont give names to others.

Bunny♥
08-13-2014, 01:05 PM
again?
I think almost everyone knows that its a new owner already and look, whats the big deal that Love was someone back then? I didnt impersonate him ffs. I think sts just gave way to release some awesome names for the new players to enjoy with and tbh, i never paid remi for that name, dont accuse stg that they are only up for money.

and to Lmao, bro, you already have arcane, lmao, hot and other igns, why on earth do you still ask for more?

Its bothering tbh, keeps complaining. If i a have plats I would probably rename ffs. You guys never let me enjoy a cool name since most of you kept them when the game was 1st released and wanted to sell them for millions? now you guys are upset that some of the cool names have been released.. no investment already? mehh. Greedy, go take my ign and keep it on your chest, GL on selling!

Neutrone
08-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Well this should happen to banned players atleast since they won't be coming back

Soundlesskill
08-13-2014, 01:08 PM
again?
I think almost everyone knows that its a new owner already and look, whats the big deal that Love was someone back then? I didnt impersonate him ffs. I think sts just gave way to release some awesome names for the new players to enjoy with and tbh, i never paid remi for that name, dont accuse stg that they are only up for money.

and to Lmao, bro, you already have arcane, lmao, hot and other igns, why on earth do you still ask for more?

Its bothering tbh, keeps complaining. If i a have plats I would probably rename ffs. You guys never let me enjoy a cool name since most of you kept them when the game was 1st released and wanted to sell them for millions? now you guys are upset that some of the cool names have been released.. no investment already? mehh. Greedy, go take my ign and keep it on your chest, GL on selling!

Again, this is not the problem. It's the fact that STS treats us differently.

Bunny♥
08-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Well this should happen to banned players atleast since they won't be coming back

well, the reputation of those names counts.
If someone got zeus' name (fo example) and impersonates him, that would be bad and that is the only negative thing i see from releasing high reputation names. It allows scam and etc. But on my case, I never impersonate the old love so its a no big deal of me having the name.

"hey, are you the old love?"
"no, new owner"
done, case closed.

obee
08-13-2014, 01:14 PM
Lmao can get names if he wants. And everyone else chill the hell out. Eat some snickers, you aren't you when you're hungry :banana: . But for real, it's not about the name, it's about the person. Let the new love keep her name, instead of constantly going after her.

Bunny♥
08-13-2014, 01:17 PM
Again, this is not the problem. It's the fact that STS treats us differently.

I didnt ask for that name nor paid them to release, it just so happen that it was available. Ok? Im not sure with rage's case tho.

obee
You guys are so greedy, asking for the names. Inactive or not, just let it go.

Remiem
I am going to close this thread before it gets out of hand, but I am more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have about this. Please feel free to PM me and we can discuss. :)