View Full Version : which map is best for getting gold fast?

Thasaint
01-17-2011, 07:32 PM
lots of the major gold making maps that gave out alot of gold now give a fraction of what it used to. are there still any maps that give alot of gold?

Estraz
01-17-2011, 07:47 PM
AEO maps are the fastest to make money on with groups or non-groups, as long as you're a level 50+

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Captive Audience and This ends now give lots of green items which stack up fast. Only worth it if you can find a way to control your potion guzzling though.

Plasma Pyramid gives best gold drops in the game currently.

Phoenixking
01-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Keeper drops alot of green and gold easily killing mummies

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Not anymore, gold and drop rates are crap now. I know I miss the days of 10k farm runs :(

TwinkTastical
01-17-2011, 08:43 PM
AEO maps are the fastest to make money on with groups or non-groups, as long as you're a level 50+

Aeo maps....? You must love our guild..

Arterra
01-17-2011, 08:45 PM
i have been waiting for somebody to say aeo for ao2 LOL just like my name. priceless.

anyway for easy trash loot for selling you can go do plasma pyramid with a mage. you breeze thru and collect the gold from drops

Phoenixking
01-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Pm me info arterra

Arterra
01-17-2011, 08:47 PM
i did :/
/10

Phoenixking
01-17-2011, 08:48 PM
I kno
/10

FluffNStuff
01-17-2011, 09:24 PM
i have been waiting for somebody to say aeo for ao2 LOL just like my name. priceless.

anyway for easy trash loot for selling you can go do plasma pyramid with a mage. you breeze thru and collect the gold from drops

A keeper mage can get to the 'first boss' which is where you bail out in about 3.5 minutes, and rakes in about 1600 in gold and liquidations. At least that is what I remember. Can test it again tomorrow if I get a chance.

Arterra
01-17-2011, 09:26 PM
A keeper mage can get to the 'first boss' which is where you bail out in about 3.5 minutes, and rakes in about 1600 in gold and liquidations. At least that is what I remember. Can test it again tomorrow if I get a chance.

i dont even bail out. those bosses are pretty easy if you watch yourself.
though, i guess you are trying to minimize pot cost...

FluffNStuff
01-17-2011, 10:19 PM
i dont even bail out. those bosses are pretty easy if you watch yourself.
though, i guess you are trying to minimize pot cost...

Minimizing time to pay out ratio. They take a bit of time for a solo, and those pinks don't sell well.

Ellyidol
01-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Farming gold just isn't worth it for me. Sute its consistent, but the amount of time you have to put in vs just getting lucky with a drop is just way too much.

Assume 1k/min? Thats only 60k per hour. 5 hours just to get roughly close to a void/rift armour. And thats still assuming you go those 5 hours nonstop.

I did farm almost a mill from Zylas map before, but that took a week? And just killing while trying to get a dreamers. Gold was pretty good there too, idk now.

Pharcyde
01-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Farming gold just isn't worth it for me. Sute its consistent, but the amount of time you have to put in vs just getting lucky with a drop is just way too much.

Assume 1k/min? Thats only 60k per hour. 5 hours just to get roughly close to a void/rift armour. And thats still assuming you go those 5 hours nonstop.

I did farm almost a mill from Zylas map before, but that took a week? And just killing while trying to get a dreamers. Gold was pretty good there too, idk now.

I'm averaging 2.0-2.5k gold a minute. It depends on the player.

Ellyidol
01-18-2011, 12:47 AM
I'm averaging 2.0-2.5k gold a minute. It depends on the player.

This is in?

Pharcyde
01-18-2011, 12:51 AM
This is in?

Plasma. Most people will either 1.) Button jam. I use combos and strategically placed spells. 2.)run strait into black enemies, they are the only ones who pose a threat and stop you.

I also never stop moving, I let them gather behind me as I run and I just blast them with keeper and lightning, ect. If any stragglers come, I let them go back. Its not worth the time spent back tracking to kill one enemy.

Gold per min also is counting drops. Which are fast to liquidate and stack fast.

Ellyidol
01-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Plasma. Most people will either 1.) Button jam. I use combos and strategically placed spells. 2.)run strait into black enemies, they are the only ones who pose a threat and stop you.

I also never stop moving, I let them gather behind me as I run and I just blast them with keeper and lightning, ect. If any stragglers come, I let them go back. Its not worth the time spent back tracking to kill one enemy.

Gold per min also is counting drops. Which are fast to liquidate and stack fast.

Yup sounds exactly right. Should test it out again, maybe my numbers are from pre rebalance.

Pharcyde
01-18-2011, 01:18 AM
Yup sounds exactly right. Should test it out again, maybe my numbers are from pre rebalance.

Its even faster with keeper set or shadow. I don't do it though because by the third or fourth run I already am bored out of my mind.

Ellyidol
01-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Yeah, same here. The gain is just so small to be excited about vs the old keeper map :D

Pharcyde
01-18-2011, 01:49 AM
Yeah, same here. The gain is just so small to be excited about vs the old keeper map :D

now that was fun. The color green on the drops made me feel like i was swimming in money... I miss that :(

Ellyidol
01-18-2011, 04:55 AM
now that was fun. The color green on the drops made me feel like i was swimming in money... I miss that :(

Ikr!!! I had no doubts of going online for hours just for that.

Pharcyde
01-18-2011, 01:23 PM
But inflation was epicly high back then too :P. It still took 100 keeper runs to buy a void armor.

Arterra
01-18-2011, 01:33 PM
i looked at my friends list and half of them where in ao2. what is wrong with you people?

Pharcyde
01-18-2011, 01:48 PM
i looked at my friends list and half of them where in ao2. what is wrong with you people?

Dude you got the wrong friends then. Like almost all of my list is always in shadow caves.

Arterra
01-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Dude you got the wrong friends then. Like almost all of my list is always in shadow caves.

lol i cant see myself clearing my list... one day, i shall have a new Arterra...

Snakespeare
01-18-2011, 02:35 PM
I will have to try out some of these ideas.

My current method, play AO1 solo. I get about 20K in about 35 minutes, about three green drops, half a dozen orange, but the purps and pinks do not EVER drop in there anymore. Have only ever seen two pinks drop in AO1, and have played in many, many times.

So I guess I will try to solo Plasma with a mage.

Echelong
01-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Plasma with a mage using the Keeper either with Shadow or Cosmos set. You get about 3 to 4k from the start till the first boss it takes about 4 min sometimes less. Also get a few trash drops.

Another tip I use is to stash all my pots and I get 25 new ones. This saves me a lot when buying pots for my characters since I used to buy them 1k each thats 23k saved.

Pharcyde
01-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Plasma with a mage using the Keeper either with Shadow or Cosmos set. You get about 3 to 4k from the start till the first boss it takes about 4 min sometimes less. Also get a few trash drops.

Another tip I use is to stash all my pots and I get 25 new ones. This saves me a lot when buying pots for my characters since I used to buy them 1k each thats 23k saved.

You must be really unlucky then. I am averaging 4-6k a full run.

Pharcyde
01-18-2011, 03:06 PM
lol i cant see myself clearing my list... one day, i shall have a new Arterra...

I had a FML moment a week or so ago.... By accidentally accepted all. 20 minutes of "You have added _____ to your list."

I have been getting spam invited to balefort and dark forest ever since... God I really think the devs should have a "Clear all" list for friends. I just wanna start fresh right now.

Echelong
01-18-2011, 03:35 PM

I don't do a full run. It takes me less than 4 min to get to the first boss or 5 to get before Btoxx without killing any boss only the Djinn. If I have to kill the bosses it takes me 8 to 10 minutes. I try to do what yields the best amount of gold per minute.

drewcapu
01-18-2011, 03:36 PM

I've been doing that this week also. I can pretty easily get 1k of each in 1 day if I really wanted to. They definitely add up.

Snakespeare
01-18-2011, 03:40 PM

Are you both using a mage? Experiments tend to indicate differing gold drops based on character. I use my bird because I think I get more gold with a bird. Could be a superstition, of course.

drewcapu
01-18-2011, 03:57 PM
I think you need to try doing n runs with each character where n=500.

:D

Pharcyde
01-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Are you both using a mage? Experiments tend to indicate differing gold drops based on character. I use my bird because I think I get more gold with a bird. Could be a superstition, of course.

Both mage and bird.

Birds can be just as fast. Mega Blaster is 1.) Long ranged 2.) AoE 3.) Your spells refresh just as fast don't they? Idk why mages are the only nuking class, I seem to do well nuking on my bird too. But that is because I always trail enemies so spells effect a larger percentage of enemies.

MoonYeol
01-19-2011, 07:18 AM
Don't know about birds being equally as fast as mages. But sometimes I just want to delete my mage because of the inconsistency of firestorm. I really can't get it to hit all of the enemies within radius. Lightning works really well but firestorm... Plasma, run fast, aoe, no pots. The best thing would be to power lvl a friend you trust and give him/her the pots when they reach 25. That's like 10 seconds of giving to get 500 extra gold. Or getting a bunch of people who need power lvling, run through keeper's map and get all the drops. That fetches a pretty penny.

BlazeMystic
01-19-2011, 12:03 PM
So are people recommending plasma pyramid? I been trying this for the last couple of days from start to finish and makes between 4-6k. Do you recommend restarting when you get to the first boss? It takes me a while, so perhaps I should rush forward more. I've noticed a lot of players are asking to power level and so for a trial period I decided to try a different tactic and when they joined me on the pyramid level I allowed them to stay, but I asked them kindly to give me their item drops in return if they agreed. Funny isn't it that they all left at the last boss!!!!! Does anyone know how much a difference it makes in obtaining gold by going solo vs group on this level?

Echelong
01-19-2011, 12:10 PM
So are people recommending plasma pyramid? I been trying this for the last couple of days from start to finish and makes between 4-6k. Do you recommend restarting when you get to the first boss? It takes me a while, so perhaps I should rush forward more. I've noticed a lot of players are asking to power level and so for a trial period I decided to try a different tactic and when they joined me on the pyramid level I allowed them to stay, but I asked them kindly to give me their item drops in return if they agreed. Funny isn't it that they all left at the last boss!!!!! Does anyone know how much a difference it makes in obtaining gold by going solo vs group on this level?

Either stop just before the first boos and restart or pass and kill the djinn till the next group of aliens on the room before Btoxx. I don't kill any bosses nor Anoobis (yes I know is Anubis). I prefer a mage with the keeper staff since I never run out of mana but whatch you health around the aliens.

Arterra
01-19-2011, 12:11 PM
I SHALL NOW COMMENCE TESTING of a couple of maps. cya

WhoIsThis
01-19-2011, 12:16 PM
So is the consensus to run on Plasma Pyramid then? Or should someone try This Ends Now and the Keeper?

Echelong
01-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Keeper nets around 2k plus trash and takes longer and if you get Mynas you could get a quick surprise. This Ends now I will have to try it.

Arterra
01-19-2011, 12:24 PM
I SHALL NOW COMMENCE TESTING of a couple of maps. cya

actually nv. im no tester xD
wanted to check out slightly lower level areas, maybe with better high drops, and see.

RedRyder
01-19-2011, 12:42 PM
There's no easy way to get a lot of money, it's a matter of getting something rare and selling for high prices of you can find a buyer

MoonYeol
01-19-2011, 12:47 PM
There's no easy way to get a lot of money, it's a matter of getting something rare and selling for high prices of you can find a buyer

We're not talking about an easy way, just a good way to get gold instead of drops. Gold is slow and steady, pinks are less frequent and high lvl farming requires a team. Plasma pyramid is easy to run and it fetches a pretty penny in a matter of minutes.

Vicious visitors might be ok as well. The mobs arent as good as plasma pyramid (at least they feel a bit more spread out) but if you do kill the bosses and get a good drop it's actually worth something.

RedRyder
01-19-2011, 01:01 PM
The ao2 pinks have no worth besides the shock lance so..
I'd rather just place my attention to farming like normal and liquidating the items
Instead of mainly focusing on gold drops.

Just seems pretty stupid

Snakespeare
01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
But Z'Moxx drops Zuraz, so I am told, and he is there in the first room at the end of all those aliens. Any Zuraz item adds 9 str, which dual-specs can use if one spec is strength. So, Plasma gets me 5k after liquidating, is fun, and you get an easy boss before remaking. I am convinced.

drewcapu
01-19-2011, 02:00 PM
I've actually been doing quite a bit of AO2.4 and AO2.5 with a friend plus anybody trying to p-lvl who happens to join.
Mostly because it's easy, kinda fun dragging d'jinns, and I'm still trying to get a shock / galzyx :D
Oh, and free pots are always nice.
At the end of both, I'd end up with only about 5k gold and 50 pots.

It's a good run to do for a change of scenery ;)

Estraz
01-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Depends on your level.

giayuan
01-19-2011, 09:12 PM
wait you get pots? I thought you only get pots if you have less than 30..