View Full Version : The Rouge Entangling Trap

Soundlesskill
08-13-2014, 10:51 AM
What does this skill do?

According to the description: "Throws down a carefully constructed trap, that entangles enemies who walk over it."

What does it do for elite runs?

The only real reason a rouge would want to spec the Entangling Trap is for a chance to pull all the mobs together, so the mage can use Time Shift accordingly. It's the main purpose of the Entangling Trap.

The 4th Upgrade

"Each trap that you deploy has a 20% chance of casting out a net that pulls targets within range of it"

The 1st Suggestion

Since this skill is mostly used for the PvE scene, I think it's time it gets a small buff: "Each trap that you deploy has a 75% chance of casting out a net that pulls targets within range of it".
This will not only make elite runs faster for PvE specd elite rouges, but will also make the Leaderboards a bit more reachable. It may also make Elite a bit more appealing than it is now. If it doesn't take 10+ minutes to farm a less expensive item, it will be more desireable.
The Brothers Whim is one of the best pets for elite, in the entire game. It's Arcane Ability allows you to draw mobs closer to it, just like the Entangling Trap for rouges. Therefore it's often used for getting an LB timed run spot.

The 2nd Suggestion

"'Each charged trap that you deploy will cast out a net that pulls in targets within in range
Basically every charged trap will pull in enemies.

Zuzeq
08-13-2014, 11:29 AM
I can def get behind these suggestions. I don't use Traps anymore (Whim Owner) , but these changes would def make the skill, class and the elite environment more enjoyable.

GoodSyntax
08-13-2014, 12:34 PM
I agree!

My biggest issues with traps are the low damage and low chance for a pull. I can overlook the damage if the pull is way more consistent!

Madnex
08-13-2014, 12:58 PM
+1

They're not worth specializing as they are now. Definitely need a much larger pull rate and something unlockable if you charge the skill since currently that results to nothing.

Soundlesskill
08-13-2014, 01:09 PM
+1

They're not worth specializing as they are now. Definitely need a much larger pull rate and something unlockable if you charge the skill since currently that results to nothing.

I agree!

My biggest issues with traps are the low damage and low chance for a pull. I can overlook the damage if the pull is way more consistent!

No more thanks lol