PDA

View Full Version : A little locked suggestion

MoloToha
08-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Hi, guys, I thought a bit and came up with a little locked suggestion. Let me start with an example.
Imagine that there is a very rich guy Bob. He wants to open some lockeds for a new Arcane Fossil. Also, there is a smart guy Billy, who knows locked crate loot table and can name an exact chance of getting a certain item (Arcane Fossil in particular). Bob decides to celebrate his salary by opening 10000 lockeds. He contacts Billy, who says that Bob will get X fossils from 10000 lockeds based on odds. Bob opens 10000 crates and gets exactly X fossils. Bob is satisfied with results and wants to open additional 10000, but unfortunately, his wife finds out that he spent their family business money for some pixels and takes all his remaining cash. But Bob has some dollars stashed under his mattress. He counts them and realizes that he is able to open only 1000 lockeds. According to Billy's information and common logic, Bob knows that he will get X/10 fossils from 1000 lockeds. He opens them and gets nothing. Bob doesn't know that with less number of rolls, the results are much more unstable, he can get nothing as well as double amount.
That's why I suggest to stabilize loot drops by changing standard mythic/arcane loot with mythic/arcane pieces, which should drop more frequently than gears (also, they should be tradeable). Then, players will be able to craft gears with these pieces. For example, helm should be crafted with 20 pieces, armor with 25, ring with 30, amulet with 10, and so on. Mythic pieces should drop with 20x higher possibility, assuming that helm will cost 20 pieces (Actually, less than 20x, but I can't name the exact multiplier without knowing exact odds on mythic item). Arcane pieces should be implemented in a similar way. It will solve 2 problems:
1) Poor players, who open 1000 lockeds and get nothing;
2) (Too) lucky players, who get Samael from 1 locked.
Why? Because poor player will be likely to get some mythic and arcane pieces (and sell them), and lucky player will get nothing (maybe, a mythic/arcane piece if he is very lucky).

I hope that you've got the point.

obee
08-13-2014, 01:50 PM
What happens to non plat payers lol.

MoloToha
08-13-2014, 01:53 PM
What happens to non plat payers lol.
Nothing, it is just a little suggestion for lockeds, sometimes I empathize to guys who get nothing from a reasonable amount of lockeds, so I came up with this.

obee
08-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Nothing, it is just a little suggestion for lockeds, sometimes I empathize to guys who get nothing from a reasonable amount of lockeds, so I came up with this.

These would sell like dragonite bars if you need this much, and pretty much all mythical and arcanes would drop so fast

MoloToha
08-13-2014, 02:10 PM
These would sell like dragonite bars if you need this much, and pretty much all mythical and arcanes would drop so fast
I think, pieces drop rate and number needed for crafting should be balanced out to make it as much close to current system, as possible (in terms of myth/arcane total outcome), but with less fluctuation (like getting nothing from 1000 lockeds or getting arcane from 1 locked).

Bigboyblue
08-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Not a horrible idea. It's a consolation prize for people that get nothing and an added bonus for those that loot something. However, instead of this STS could add milestone rewards. Open 200 locks and receive 500 plat. Open 500 locks and get a random mythic armor or jewelry. Open 2000 locks and get a random arcane. Gives a guarantee that at some point you will be rewarded for the real money you have spent on these locks. I do like the idea of making sure people who spend money get something in return other than disappointment.

fiftyonecents
08-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Not a horrible idea. It's a consolation prize for people that get nothing and an added bonus for those that loot something. However, instead of this STS could add milestone rewards. Open 200 locks and receive 500 plat. Open 500 locks and get a random mythic armor or jewelry. Open 2000 locks and get a random arcane. Gives a guarantee that at some point you will be rewarded for the real money you have spent on these locks. I do like the idea of making sure people who spend money get something in return other than disappointment.

Agreed!

MoloToha
08-13-2014, 03:03 PM
I do like the idea of making sure people who spend money get something in return other than disappointment.

Yeah, that's the main reason of coming up with this suggestion.

Sean Low
08-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Agree ! Please do something sts , soon or later nobody dare to open locked :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk