PDA

View Full Version : Playing actual Capture the flag

obee
08-13-2014, 02:04 PM
I've played ctf with my friends in real life, and when I look at ctf in al, it looks nothing like what capture the flag is lol. There is no way to control how people play ctf, but people should actually play it. Like have two defenders, and two people going for the flag, and one in the middle. The defenders can't get out of the flag room, and everyone else can't enter their own flag room until the other team has only one flag left to capture. Maybe it can be like that. ( yes I know there are many ways to play ctf)

ClumsyCactus
08-13-2014, 02:13 PM
That SOUNDS boring, i Want to be able to strategize.
Tbh, strategies is the Only thing i am good at in this game.
I suck at farming,1v1ing,elites...
And having defenders and stuff is boring ;)
Plus, there is ALOT of ways to play capture the Flag.
Irl, we have other rules too.

Ihateppl
08-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Anarchy!!!!!!!!!!!!

obee
08-13-2014, 02:37 PM
That SOUNDS boring, i Want to be able to strategize.
Tbh, strategies is the Only thing i am good at in this game.
I suck at farming,1v1ing,elites...
And having defenders and stuff is boring ;)
Plus, there is ALOT of ways to play capture the Flag.
Irl, we have other rules too.
I know I'm just saying this way could be another way

Instanthumor
08-13-2014, 03:15 PM
I've played ctf with my friends in real life, and when I look at ctf in al, it looks nothing like what capture the flag is lol.

I don't think you should kill people in real life...

#pentakillsftw

Jurmans
08-13-2014, 03:29 PM
The flagging room should be bigger if the defenders can't leave it though, or the defenders should be able to leave the room when their flag is stolen, the 2 attackers and 2 defenders are a good idea but the 1 guy in the middle not, the player limit should be 6 and 2 defenders in the middle, if it's only 1 guy in the middle the attackers would kill farm.

This would only hold back on the kills people get though.

Energizeric
08-13-2014, 03:37 PM
You are never going to encourage team play and playing CTF the proper way unless there is some kind of reward to doing so. Right now the only rewards are the leaderboard, and the only stats that matter are kills and flags, not whether your team wins or losses.

As I said before, an easy solution is to change the flag stat to be a team flag stat, and also have a "flags against" stat. So if your team scores a flag, all players on the team get credit, and if the other team scores, all players on your team get a +1 to your "flag against" stat. Players would start playing the game properly by trying to score flags, help their team members score flags, and also try to stop the other team from scoring.

obee
08-13-2014, 03:38 PM
You are never going to encourage team play and playing CTF the proper way unless there is some kind of reward to doing so. Right now the only rewards are the leaderboard, and the only stats that matter are kills and flags, not whether your team wins or losses.

As I said before, an easy solution is to change the flag stat to be a team flag stat, and also have a "flags against" stat. So if your team scores a flag, all players on the team get credit, and if the other team scores, all players on your team get a +1 to your "flag against" stat. Players would start playing the game properly by trying to score flags, help their team members score flags, and also try to stop the other team from scoring.

Sts should host a ctf tournament every week, winner gets *blank*. Problem is, karma would win everytime lol -.-

ClumsyCactus
08-13-2014, 04:15 PM
Sts should host a ctf tournament every week, winner gets *blank*. Problem is, karma would win everytime lol -.-
NAKED TOURNAMENT!
No gear allowed, so zeus and those overly geared guys wouldnt blast us to hell...
XD

obee
08-13-2014, 04:18 PM
naked tournament!
No gear allowed, so zeus and those overly geared guys wouldnt blast us to hell...
Xd

hell yes

obee
08-13-2014, 10:48 PM
I don't think you should kill people in real life...

#pentakillsftw

You know what I mean lol. In real life ctf, if you get tagged, you go to a jail lol

Instanthumor
08-13-2014, 10:51 PM

This isn't a bad idea, remember when there was the pvp legend of the week? Players signed their ign up and random people were selected to participate... Could work for this too, and of course, some small platinum prize could be thrown out too! I remember I was the pvp legend of the week for week #4... But before the winner thread was posted, Delphina had left :( made me sad... And to this day... I still wait..

Jurmans
08-14-2014, 03:38 AM

Doesn't only have to be for endgame:).

Atten
08-14-2014, 06:03 AM
You can play CTF in different ways. One more way is gang the flagger lol. Many games' PvP dungeons are related to gang. #teamwork

Energizeric
08-14-2014, 12:11 PM
There is no need to host a special tournament. That is not going to change things 99% of the time we all want to play. The only thing that will change things is to use a "carrot and stick" here. Make it desirable for people to play properly, and you can do that through stat changed as I mentioned above.

Jurmans
08-14-2014, 12:46 PM
I just want a new map, tdm is terrible with trulle who hits u to 4/40% (depends what attack) or even an insta kill, u can have fun with him letting him kill ur guildies but mostly he bothers me.