View Full Version : A better way to reply to someone

drewcapu
01-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Problem: You try to reply to someone but another person just sent you a message while you're composing. Thus, your /r fails and gets sent to the wrong person

Fix: some type of key combo which automatically fills in "/t lastperson" so that even if someone messages you while composing, the name of the person you really want to reply to is already typed in.

I'm reminded of one of the old games I used to play, SubSpace (now Continuum) which had the key combo "::" to automatically do such an auto-type. Subsequent presses of ":" would even cycle through the last few people you've gotten PMs from.

So, a set of conversations can looks like this:
PersonA tells you: Hi
(you type :: hello which looks like)
/t PersonA hello (haven't pressed Done yet)
PersonB tells you: What's up?
(you press Done, and the message is sent to PersonA)

At this point, since the last thing sent between you and someone else was to PersonA, pressing :: for a new message will fill in "/t PersonA"
If you want to fill in "/t PersonB" you would press :::

With that said, I have a feeling this implementation might not be possible since (I think) the keyboard in game might not have a method for auto-filling in such a manner. :(
But perhaps there's a way?

Pharcyde
01-18-2011, 12:57 AM
lol wewt! I was gonna make a post for this but I was afraid people wouldn't understand what I am talking about.

Yeah this is a issue, some people have gotten some REALLY weird and funky PM's from me because they messaged me in the middle of me replying to someone else.

Edit: A /T lastperson still would message the last post. How bout when you type /r it automatically fills in who it is being sent to. So of someone messages you while you are typing it, it will still be sent to the right person.

drewcapu
01-18-2011, 01:24 AM
ya, that's what I meant. :)

Tree Dude
01-18-2011, 08:21 AM
+1 Great idea. The ability to tap on someones name in the chat window would be good as well.

superglut2
01-19-2011, 05:11 AM
Lets hope devs fix it