PDA

View Full Version : A Special Hashtag, PL Style.

snowfu
08-14-2014, 08:11 PM
PL Community,
Whether on the news or newspaper. You may have heard of a hashtag that has helped raise awareness for suicide prevention. Suicide is a very real and very dangerous problem. That being said, I introduce you to #Doubtfireface. This was created so people would be aware of suicide and prevent it. What people did was put cream or something like that over their face, and took a picture of themselves wearing this. Here is mine-
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w603/harrytheblaster/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/Screenshot_2014-08-14-21-01-46_zpsyomsikla.png (http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/harrytheblaster/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/Screenshot_2014-08-14-21-01-46_zpsyomsikla.png.html)
If you can, I encourage you to do the same, and maybe one day these suicides may come to a halt.

-Snowfu

Trenton
08-14-2014, 09:06 PM
There is 0% chance that suicides won't happen

I guess it's a good thing what you're doing, but a literal impossible dream

DivineMoustache
08-14-2014, 09:09 PM
suicide prevention awareness is getting a large bump after the death of Robin Williams. RIP & the devs should totally add this green face to the game.

SillyJuan
08-14-2014, 09:10 PM
I doubt this will help prevent suicides...

GreenLord
08-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Idk what does green do to raise suicide prevention awareness

MysticLegend97
08-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Idk what does green do to raise suicide prevention awareness

It's a reference to Robin Williams' role as Mrs. Doubtfire.

Constitute
08-14-2014, 10:09 PM
suicide prevention awareness is getting a large bump after the death of Robin Williams. RIP & the devs should totally add this green face to the game.

Sts needs to add this

Hawkbby
08-15-2014, 01:42 AM
Make a mage, get the green face, boom.

for the lulz
08-15-2014, 04:04 AM
Its easy to talk about suicide prevention like this . But when you're going through real depression all you need is someones support . Someone you care about , not some awareness posters that tell you not to suicide . As a person who was going through depression , events and awareness camps like these felt like they were just mocking me . Prevent suicide by being nicer ppl , and support each other in this community, you all love so much .

Oldcoot
08-15-2014, 04:23 AM
I was there once, it's a dark and lonely place. I thank my wife an kids for dragging me out of there an accepting me as I am. I think we all put unnecessary pressure on ourselves to do well or be something, when that fails is when depression can strike. I found some words that my father told me as a boy to be most helpful.

DO YOUR BEST AN THE HELL WITH THE REST

Apa
08-15-2014, 06:06 AM
It's not... very artistic... /:

snowfu
08-15-2014, 07:02 AM
It's not... very artistic... /:

Eh, whatever helps is good. A piece of me died when he did.

Apa
08-15-2014, 07:04 AM
Eh, whatever helps is good. A piece of me died when he did.

Looks a bit like my face mask xD

Somemager
08-15-2014, 07:12 AM
Believe it or not in all seriousness i've been in coot's and forthelulz's position a few times when i was younger and i thought hard about depression and why it felt like it would never go away until one day i met a group of friends and i still thank them to this day for helping me through the situation i was in. Having someone there for you is the solution , i mean spreading the word about it may help but as forthelulz said it truely does feel like there mocking you.

programmed
08-15-2014, 08:43 AM
Sorry but this isn't going to prevent suicides. I was also there once. All the posters and advertisements to prevent it do nothing. And when you have brothers who are always yelling and fighting with each other and hating on you, that doesn't help much either. Then I found a baby pigeon on the ground, just a day old, featherless, and still unable to open its eyes or stand. I realized it needed my help to survive so for the next 4 years I took care of him and he also took care of me, keeping me from going back to the suicidal thoughts, following me around everywhere and fearless when he felt something or someone could harm me. Then he was attacked by an owl and luckily I found him before it killed him but he would never be able to fly again and his neck would be forever twisted to the side so he jumped off the roof of the barn and killed himself. After that I went back to being depressed for several years until I found a baby sparrow who was deformed and starving to death so I took her in and helped her and to this day knowing that I can keep her happy and alive when she'd be dead if I left her alone the day I found her keeps me from going back to who I was before. She now means more to me than anything.

So all you need is to find the right friend to keep you happy, not some dumb poster you see on a wall or some advertisement on the television.