PDA

View Full Version : Eureka! An Idea that would make Spacetime more money!

Chicken Fry
08-15-2014, 06:15 PM
So I was sitting there. Eating a hot pocket. Contemplating the fabric that we call space and time. When all of a sudden it hit me. In order for more new stuff ie Expansions, new vanities, more events in the game, the company would have to make revenue. So why not add a new stream of revenue? I've heard of ads being placed in game. I personally don't mind a few ads here and there, and if it leads to more goodies. Then by all means. I also have my idea which I will say so myself, was pretty smart. We've all seen the concept of mystery boxes. I've personally seen the concept in games such as Dark legends are Arcane legends. That little box with a chance at something juicy or something that nobody would want. But time and time again, it's shown that people will take chances. So my suggestion summarized for the reading handicapped would be a new item in the store that gives you the chance to roll for vanities.

Whether it be the 2013 Independence Hat
A Mistle Toe hat
Or that really somewhat mainstream Snowglobe Helm

The chance for any vanity in game besides the cap vanities, founder helm, and buyable vanities. (Maybe bunny ears though, because they suck).
This would bring a new source of revenue for you all at Spacetime as people come from all the nooks and crevices to try their luck at some of the more rare vanities.
The price would be compliant with the chances of rarer vanities such as perhaps something from the Avengers, Star Trek, or pets.
So please maybe with a cherry on top consider my suggestion? I'm only just a humble pleb.

synfullmagic_23110
08-15-2014, 06:16 PM
And cap items shouldn't be allowed

Motivating
08-15-2014, 06:26 PM
I didn't read any of that
k hai

Chicken Fry
08-15-2014, 06:32 PM
I didn't read any of that
k hai

I know. I foresaw this. So I also made it handicapped readable. Read the last line of the first paragraph. Lol.

Motivating
08-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Yes, I would spend multiple thousands of plat on that. There is nothing else to use it on. But I don't play pl so what do I do?
HELP ME
k hai

Chicken Fry
08-15-2014, 07:30 PM
Yes, I would spend multiple thousands of plat on that. There is nothing else to use it on. But I don't play pl so what do I do?
HELP ME
k hai

Imagine buying it? ._.

XghostzX
08-15-2014, 11:04 PM
If there were "mystery boxes" then it should be for another type of elite gear that's non-tradeable.

for the lulz
08-16-2014, 12:29 AM
lol dude . This genius idea of yours of placing advertisements in games , is what most app developers thrive on . This isnt a news break for sts or anyone . They gain revenue for the apps that we download in the free plat section . I just dont know what to say man....its like someone just burst out of a room saying "hey everyone! ik a way we can solve world hunger!! ppl shud just eat sand and rocks!! theres enough for everyone and its FREE!". There are somethings that can be done , and somethings that cant be done . Sts can introduce more advertisements in game but that would make it really irritating to play .

Chicken Fry
08-16-2014, 12:39 AM
If there were "mystery boxes" then it should be for another type of elite gear that's non-tradeable.

The boxes wouldn't touch any "elite" gear. It would just be the opportunity to perhaps gain superficial gain for all players. I honestly can't find anyone who doesn't like wearing vanities. Trust me that it's not going to touch any of the gear/vanities that you 3 piece, black dragon wearing, 71 elite weapon hoarding oldies have.

Chicken Fry
08-16-2014, 12:45 AM
lol dude . This genius idea of yours of placing advertisements in games , is what most app developers thrive on . This isnt a news break for sts or anyone . They gain revenue for the apps that we download in the free plat section . I just dont know what to say man....its like someone just burst out of a room saying "hey everyone! ik a way we can solve world hunger!! ppl shud just eat sand and rocks!! theres enough for everyone and its FREE!". There are somethings that can be done , and somethings that cant be done . Sts can introduce more advertisements in game but that would make it really irritating to play .
I mean it's an idea. And it wouldn't be video advertisements. Not saying that it wouldn't be beneficial. Maybe something like a few videos for one plat. I personally think that would be sufficient. The advertisements could also be shown in the midline box of pictures and words every time you hit the settings button. Wouldn't affect gameplay very much, and it would be seen by everyone who wishes to go to their inventory or somewhere on the map. This idea doesn't really pertain to people who already have everything. You've got to think broader. Out of the box almost. The only way a game can make money is if they have a steady population that constantly grows over time. Now in order to have new people staying, you have to give them a bone of some sorts. (Being metaphorical) And from experience it's the vanities that lower level and starting up players want. It's catering to the younger population. Put two and two together and you might just get a stronger player base.

Faliziaga
08-16-2014, 01:07 AM
If you were an advertiser, would you spend your money on al or pl? And for the crates, let's hope we'll get Halloween packs this year!

Oldcoot
08-16-2014, 01:22 AM
I want a bone

Motivating
08-16-2014, 02:27 AM
I would come back to pl if they made new vanitys

Crys
08-16-2014, 07:25 AM
We just need the love <3

Armourslash
08-17-2014, 08:41 AM
I would come back to pl if they made new vanitys

People want something more interesting rather than recoloured vanities...

krackbadsmith
08-18-2014, 03:57 PM
Lel

XghostzX
08-18-2014, 04:36 PM
The boxes wouldn't touch any "elite" gear. It would just be the opportunity to perhaps gain superficial gain for all players. I honestly can't find anyone who doesn't like wearing vanities. Trust me that it's not going to touch any of the gear/vanities that you 3 piece, black dragon wearing, 71 elite weapon hoarding oldies have.

I honestly disagree. The system would have to be similar to Arcane Legends with the elite gear. I think most players are content their vanities at this point.

Regardless, I still don't like this idea (of just taking the player's money)... I wouldn't buy, but if others want to be my guest.

Boiled_35
08-18-2014, 05:30 PM
I liek it. Revival of PL.

AppleNoob
08-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Idea seems good as long as the nice vanities arent incredibly rare, such as snowglobe, pumpkin helm, witch hat, and a couple of others.

Fractite
08-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Oh yeah!
TV ads!

Armourslash
08-20-2014, 12:38 PM
Idea seems good as long as the nice vanities arent incredibly rare, such as snowglobe, pumpkin helm, witch hat, and a couple of others.

Snowglobe isn't rare they put it on christmas event last year.