PDA

View Full Version : Being reported by someone who sabotaged a game

Suntv
01-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Since a few days I'm level 50 and today I played "Victory Lap". I got to Gurgox (with the 5 orbs) alone and bought a warriors maylee and a luck exlixir (6p total I believe). "yeah", I thougt, "lets get this guy".

So I was beating him down when two other level 50 came in (somewhere else on the map were another 50 and a level 30). These two guys started to attack Gurgox as well, so I was very happy even though he can be defeated alone with ease. Then Gurgox started burping and I got an orb. On the other side of the room the two other players didn't get one and died. Strange, because they were level 50 and 'knew the drill' :)

So I kept on attacking Gurgox and they returned. Then one of them started to walk around the room near the walls and took all of the orbs. So, when Gurgox started to burp there were no orbs left. All died.

So yes, then I was very angry and cursed twice to the one who took all the orbs. I know I shouldn't have done that, but when you spend 6 platinum and someone screws up the game... Anyway, he and one who wasn't there (so didn't see how the game was sabotaged) reported me.

Are there any consequences?

Suntv

Barbamitsos
01-18-2011, 03:40 PM
why did u pay in platinum? and somethin else: add people on your flist whom u trust and play with em. others are not "your type"

Lesrider
01-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Sorry but... you spent PLAT on elixirs???!?!?!??

Barbamitsos
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Sorry but... you spent PLAT on elixirs???!?!?!??

i would never ever ever buy a pot with platinum,,,, (only if i was a millionaire O.o) its liek givin 1 euro

Echelong
01-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Depends on what you said if you used offensive language maybe. I wouldn't curse just boot them with a :-P

Snakespeare
01-18-2011, 03:45 PM
The consequence is, if a word you said is not allowed you will get a 3-day ban. Try to say shoot instead, or darn. Not saying profanity bothers me (I swear a lot in my writing), but this game is supposed to be kid-friendly. STS has implied that they will make another game for grown-ups someday and then they won't have to ban swear words. I think the whole kid-friendly thing is to apease Apple.

Snakespeare
01-18-2011, 03:47 PM
#2. vs. Gurgox, I always let a mage get the orbs first. With 1300+ deaths now, I stopped caring. The mage can get the orbs and I will just get revved and keep attacking. Elixirs vs. Gurgox is money wasted.

Barbamitsos
01-18-2011, 03:48 PM
The consequence is, if a word you said is not allowed you will get a 3-day ban. Try to say shoot instead, or darn. Not saying profanity bothers me (I swear a lot in my writing), but this game is supposed to be kid-friendly. STS has implied that they will make another game for grown-ups someday and then they won't have to ban swear words. I think the whole kid-friendly thing is to apease Apple.

i agree with the last part

Hekpoc
01-18-2011, 04:41 PM
noooooo this game should be rated pg-13... just like the movies so i can say words like s*** and..... you know the drill.

Snakespeare
01-18-2011, 04:45 PM
You want parents to guide the 12 yr olds? "Now, now, Johnny. Just because that ugly man says that naughty word doesn't mean you can." Like that?

Norbert
01-18-2011, 04:56 PM
I guide my 10 year old daughter who's having a blast in PL (think of that when you're being rude -- she's a really cute kid and boy would you feel bad :)). On the other hand, if she sees a naughty word I don't consider it the end of the world.

Back on topic, it sounds like a couple of things could have prevented this. If you wanted to solo gurg, create a game with a password. People on your friend list can still join, but not others.

However, as you mention that there were people elsewhere on the map, that's unusual on VL. If you joined another game that was already in progress and went to gurg, they probably considered you the interloper. In order to spawn gurg you need to have some number of the mobs cleared (down to 120 or so) and they may have been in the desert doing that.

I'd recommend joining VL games as a quiet participant for a while and just going with the group to get a feel. Also there's a great document on the forums about farming VL that's well worth the read.

Or do the cyber quests and develop some lvl 50 buddies you can move on with. That gives you a good set of armor and weapons to work with also.

Pharcyde
01-18-2011, 04:56 PM
1.) Never spend platinum on elixirs.
2.) 99.9654554,3454.34545% of people at Gurgux don't know what the hell they were doing.

I had a situation the other day were the party crumbled because one guy got 5 of the 6 orbs. I kept telling him to stop and that he needs only one. After the third try I said "Omg were not going to beat him if this guy keeps taking all the orbs". Then the entire party of noobs decides that I am being a "Crybaby" and that there was still like 17 orbs left. 1.) Theres 6 orbs 2.) I watched him proceed to take every orb.

Anyways I decided "screw it, I'm soloing OL while these guys play hello kitty with gurgux." Cleared entire path to OL and soloed OL. In the middle of the boss, one of them goes "Pharcyde, what the hell are you doing? Stop being lazy and come help us!". I got a big *** lol out of that coming from the guy who continues to take every orb and says "NO! ORBS STACK! ONLY ONE PERSON CAN GET THEM!". Yeah that kinda both ruined and made my day.

Sum of the story is: Never ever do Gurgux unless you know the people your playing with.

Lesrider
01-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Lolololol Pharcyde -- the orbs stack lol. Never heard that one before. Classic.

drewcapu
01-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Orbs stacking? haha. I gotta remember that one.

Let's all put that into our videos for the contest!

:D

Pharcyde
01-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Orbs stacking? haha. I gotta remember that one.

Let's all put that into our videos for the contest!

:D

Please do! I would love to see a video on the front page of spacetime labeled "How to not F**k up on Gurgux. FOR DUMMIES!"

Tsarra
01-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Please do! I would love to see a video on the front page of spacetime labeled "How to not F**k up on Gurgux. FOR DUMMIES!"

I would watch this. Many times.

Otukura
01-19-2011, 12:45 AM
I think the whole kid-friendly thing is to apease Apple.

To true... I was looking at "screen cleaner" in android market... for a dog licking it... just as a first app... long time ago... anyways... i come up with an app where scarely clad women spraying windex on glass and cleaning it with a squeegee... needless to say, I uninstalled it.

Ayrilana
01-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Anyways I decided "screw it, I'm soloing OL while these guys play hello kitty with gurgux." Cleared entire path to OL and soloed OL. In the middle of the boss, one of them goes "Pharcyde, what the hell are you doing? Stop being lazy and come help us!". I got a big *** lol out of that coming from the guy who continues to take every orb and says "NO! ORBS STACK! ONLY ONE PERSON CAN GET THEM!". Yeah that kinda both ruined and made my day.

What would've been funnier is if the OL dropped the power armor just as the guy said that to you. Imagine his reaction (assuming he knew what it was).