Reunegade
08-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Currently at a blank for skills, my current gear is:

Expedition Recurve of Potency
Ancient Druid Helm of Potency
Ancient Druid Armor of Potency
Elondrian Grove Ring of Celerity
Fang of Fenrir

So could y'all help me out with skills for elites? And if I should replace my current armor with upgraded mythic armor, is ti worth it for the money?

Soundlesskill
08-17-2014, 11:10 AM
I'd say go with these specs:

5/5 Aimed Shot.
4/5 Nox, leave out 2nd upgrade for the extra range thingy.
2/5 Shadow Piercer, heal upgrade if you like it. I personally do.
4/5 Veil, leave out explosion.
5/5 Packs, if you occasionally pvp.

5/5 DEX, INT, STR, CRIT!

I'd say go for upgraded mythics, since STS doesn't seem to wanna let go of this armor set.

MoloToha
08-17-2014, 11:30 AM
I go with 5/5 aim, nox and traps, 4/5 veil (no explosion), 1/5 piercer (just for extra damage at boss or when soloing). I tried razor shield, but it really draws a loooot of aggro, traps draw 0 aggro, also they provide better crowd control (snare and 20% chance to pull mobs inside). Passives are standard - str, dex, int, crit. Additional tip: use dmg lix+tanky pet like Little Bear or Mali (Orion is good too, but he gives us no primary stat bonus and no crit, so Bear>Mali>Orion), this combo gives us both big damage output and nice survivability.

Kakashis
08-17-2014, 01:05 PM
1/5 pierce
5/5 traps
5/5 nox
5/5 Aimed shot

Max Dex, str, int, speed, and 4/5 crit. Use a damage pet and you're good to go

Madnex
08-17-2014, 03:00 PM
5/5 nox and 5/5 traps? Some people need to visit the bugs section more frequently lol.

There are many builds depending on what you do. I take it that you don't plan to solo and that you will only do Tindirin elites and the new arena with team. So use this setup, nab:

1/5 pierce
3/5 nox, no 6 targets, no 15% impact
5/5 aimed
3/5 veil, no explosion, no 15% damage
3/5 traps, no explosion, no bleed

5/5 str, int, dex, crit

Madnex
08-17-2014, 03:04 PM
And yes, get the myth armor once you're at 4-5m budget.

MoloToha
08-18-2014, 09:43 AM
5/5 nox and 5/5 traps? Some people need to visit the bugs section more frequently lol.

Lol ok, nox without 4-th upgrade. Also, what's wrong with traps? I was skimming through bugs and didn't find anything about trap bugs.

Edit: found a bug with traps when mobs can't pass through center, but it still makes reasonable maxing traps for additional damage. Damaging mobs without actually aggroing them is always a nice option.

Madnex
08-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Rogue's job in a party is to maximize single target damage in order to take out high priority mobs fast and then lessen the rest one by one. Traps and veil explosion damage both do ~200-300 AoE which is nothing since a single Fireball does much more. It's logically better to have to deal with five near full health mobs rather than ten mobs on 20% HP each and that's why I prefer being able to adjust more by specializing another skill (razor). Bleed does very little damage if you take the time to notice it, as well -- I only used it for the pretty neat HP return if you have mythic bow but figured it doesn't make any much difference and relying on it even a little can be fatal.

If you do want to spec traps instead of razor, I guess that's a matter of preference but I like keeping my distance more since traps are a bit bugged and learning to position them in order for their presence to be noticeable is hard. Also, a bad pull can cluster up damage and take out your mage. Lastly, if the targets are stunned or frozen, they don't even get pulled.

Soundlesskill
08-19-2014, 12:40 AM
Razor ain't worth the dmg for the cd. You could put out a 1k crit with nox and pierce alone, plus veil.

Madnex
08-19-2014, 05:07 AM
Razor should not be used for damage anyway, it exists to save you from a tough spot eg. between mage clocks or after bad pierce, aggroing three-four mobs, escaping boss one-shots and such. Outweighs traps which most of the times don't even make a difference in the speed or efficiency of the run.

Soundlesskill
08-21-2014, 11:40 AM
Razor should not be used for damage anyway, it exists to save you from a tough spot eg. between mage clocks or after bad pierce, aggroing three-four mobs, escaping boss one-shots and such. Outweighs traps which most of the times don't even make a difference in the speed or efficiency of the run.

You only grab aggro when you charge skills, usually the tank should run cs, heal and whatnot. Plus, you gotta know what a pot is and how to move and pot like mad.

Madnex
08-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Incorrect. Aggro is not just based on if you charge or not, it's based on the damage and more importantly on the frequency of the hits you deal on a mob, counting your pet damage too.

And lol, you'd think I know how to move and pot since my rogue holds the Elite Tindirin pure recs. Guess to each his own.

Soundlesskill
08-22-2014, 08:29 AM
Incorrect. Aggro is not just based on if you charge or not, it's based on the damage and more importantly on the frequency of the hits you deal on a mob, counting your pet damage too.

And lol, you'd think I know how to move and pot since my rogue holds the Elite Tindirin pure recs. Guess to each his own.

The tank should be able to grab aggro frequesntly as the mage would, since mages charge all skills.
It's just my opinion that razor is unnecessary, when pot spamming.

debitmandiri
09-13-2014, 07:18 AM
Razor :
Increase dodge
No need to charge to get buff
You can hit an run when skill is active
Effective in order to avoid 4th map boss's attack
Once needed you can do park with dodge buff

Veil :
Increase dmg and armor
You must charge to get full benefit
You must stand in circle to get buff
Not effective agaist boss. Except lord rentail cause you only shot and stand still

Conclusion :
20% armor vs 20% dodge. From my exprerience 20% dodge was better in elite tindirin (less die)
15% dmg buff . doesnt stack with dmg pet
Pot spamming ? The mobs hit rouge about 1.5-2k + if 1 mob you can do pot spam. But how about 4-5 mob ? (In case your party was broken) yes dodge help while you hit and run

I forget the last thing. It is impossible a warrior can keep the aggro all time. You still need to hit and run. Remember "run" while to get shadow veil buff you must stand still

*sorry if my english is bad :(