PDA

View Full Version : Why other Warriors always do this?

Amadorbibidor
08-17-2014, 08:37 AM
Hey there!

I started to make some elite shuyal gladiator arena for puzzleboxes hunt. Sometimes I have no guild mates available for doing it so i do it with random people. Btw. I am warrior too.

I am not a DPS warrior, I am tank, 6,3k HP 2,5k ARM. Always I do it like 7 times there is another warrior who look my stats and call me noob, idi0t etc.. For having 240dmg. I always tank for them because they are mostly 320dmg 5k health and 1.8 ARM. They try to push off boss, and die. The curious thing is that rogues and mages never insult me, they are happy to have a tank. I am getting tired of get disturbed and lose focus at combat because of this guys. I am not saying that warriors can't have dmg and health, but you need Arcane Maul, Mythic Glaive or Bonesaw for it. And they are HARD to get. Not everyone can have them. I am asking, why they just don't try to be a rogue and tank for them till they are able to buy mythic/arcane stuff to be GOOD.?? Mostly warriors hit 400dmg with magma assault lvl 41, mythic armor, doom, and shuyal/archon ring. They are trying to get high dmg and they aren't getting it. With that money they could buy Mythic Pavise, Druid full life shards (best for tanking) and elondrians ring and amulets (great for tanking). With the Magma set they aren't able to do elites because any pro mages/rogues party won't get him to tank with 5k health. So I still the noob anyway. Its impossible to avoid this people but hard to ignore them too -.-. What do you think about it? No insults/trolling ill won't answer you anyway. Thx.

Sent from my broken phone using Tapatalk

Jurmans
08-17-2014, 08:54 AM
Ignore them they don't get the logics behind a warrior, all those warriors have a claymore+hellish gear/tarlok gear and have high dmg, their armor is 1800 and sometimes 4.8k hp but they think theyre good cause they have dmg. Just tell them to get brains;).

Amadorbibidor
08-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Ignore them they don't get the logics behind a warrior, all those warriors have a claymore+hellish gear/tarlok gear and have high dmg, their armor is 1800 and sometimes 4.8k hp but they think theyre good cause they have dmg. Just tell them to get brains;).

Lol nice tip ty

Xeusx
08-17-2014, 09:07 AM
Another warrior who insult you is a stupid warrior, even He doesnt know about build and gears.

I'm noob too but actually I'm OP using legendary gears like Tarlok set of versatility and Ancient druid set of potency in PvE, well I'm bit weak in PvP because of those rogues who hit my beautiful juggernaut :P

Also, another warrior who insult you completely has no brain, and He think he's pro and smart (Seriously, this warrior has no brain but can think in his head?), but look at his skills, aww it seems He failed his arrogant acting.

matanofx
08-17-2014, 09:10 AM
Many times in towns (paradise pier, expedition camp etc..) i wear noob gear so i get begged for gold less frequently (im a mage) sometimes im approached by a rogue or mage and they pm me "Youre very noob for a mage"

Generally speaking people who inspect others to see how "good" they are, are unhappy about themselves, if you felt good about your own stats you wouldnt bother checking anyone elses...

If they tell you youre a lame warrior for low dmg, remember they feel noobish and their only way to feel a bit of pride is trying to feel superior over someone else, keep in mind theyre probably 12-15 years old anyway it shouldnt even bother you.

Kakashis
08-17-2014, 09:11 AM
Ignore them. I always judge damage is nice to have, but leave it to the rogues and mages :)

Amadorbibidor
08-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Many times in towns (paradise pier, expedition camp etc..) i wear noob gear so i get begged for gold less frequently (im a mage) sometimes im approached by a rogue or mage and they pm me "Youre very noob for a mage"

Generally speaking people who inspect others to see how "good" they are, are unhappy about themselves, if you felt good about your own stats you wouldnt bother checking anyone elses...

If they tell you youre a lame warrior for low dmg, remember they feel noobish and their only way to feel a bit of pride is trying to feel superior over someone else, keep in mind theyre probably 12-15 years old anyway it shouldnt even bother you.

I'm not intrested in other ppl stats but if they call u noob it's normally to see his stats and to see why are they calling you noob. I wish to have a way to obligate 5k hp warriors to tank. I tried with " c'mon tuff guy, u tank I stay back" but it didn't worked I was the one who kept boss in his place anyway -.-

faychen
08-17-2014, 10:49 AM
The first thing I check in elite Tindirin (mostly caves and rockhorn) random pt is warrior stat. I'm happy with 6k+hp and 2k+armor but rarely found a warrior with this stat. Or most of warriors are on pvp build?

Amadorbibidor
08-17-2014, 10:56 AM
The first thing I check in elite Tindirin (mostly caves and rockhorn) random pt is warrior stat. I'm happy with 6k+hp and 2k+armor but rarely found a warrior with this stat. Or most of warriors are on pvp build?

Nah they are just trying to be rogues with 2 meters tall xD

faychen
08-17-2014, 10:57 AM
Nah they are just trying to be rogues with 2 meters tall xD

Lmao

XD

aarrgggggg
08-17-2014, 11:47 AM
A good tank who know how to properly keep aggro without dieing in elites is priceless, Unfortunately not all warriors are spec or have the right gear to "tank" in elites.
and many warriors dont want to hear it when you try to tell them the best tanking gear and skills.

Honestly i see way too many tanks with what i refer too as an off tank build, their hp and armor are low and the real kicker that makes me laugh out loud are the ones
who cannot hold aggro at all, have a short range on their heal, and probably did not spec any taunts at all.

When i see any warrior using chest splitter or axe throw in a pve map its a dead giveaway that they dont know how to properly use the class they selected in pve.
or they are trying to use a pvp spec in pve which just doesnt work out well.

Warriors are TANKS that is their sole purpose in pve. I am glad that the op understands that, 2 many people refuse to believe this as truth.
If damage is what u are after........select a different class

Sdbigdaddy
08-17-2014, 11:58 AM
First off, anyone who calls someone a noob is probably 13 years old or younger and needs to feel better about himself by putting down others. Thats middle school. Its better to just use the ignore button and keep going.

Secondly, everyone is welcome to do what they want with their toons. If a warrior wants to be a tank or a damage dealer or crowd controller that is their business. If you dont want to play with them go play with someone else. Everyone brings something different that is cool. To say that warrior can only be tanks, well that says something about you. Ive got a 41 warrior, ive done tanking, after a while its boring and hard to complete solos. Whats wrong with implementing more damage to your game? Nothing.

Lastly, i wish sts would develop more balanced classes. But i guess this is a mmorp not a single player game.

Amadorbibidor
08-17-2014, 12:09 PM
A good tank who know how to properly keep aggro without dieing in elites is priceless, Unfortunately not all warriors are spec or have the right gear to "tank" in elites.
and many warriors dont want to hear it when you try to tell them the best tanking gear and skills.

Honestly i see way too many tanks with what i refer too as an off tank build, their hp and armor are low and the real kicker that makes me laugh out loud are the ones
who cannot hold aggro at all, have a short range on their heal, and probably did not spec any taunts at all.

When i see any warrior using chest splitter or axe throw in a pve map its a dead giveaway that they dont know how to properly use the class they selected in pve.

Warriors are TANKS that is their sole purpose in pve. I am glad that the op understands that, 2 many people refuse to believe this as truth.

Completely rite! Do my tank stats are bad? :0

aarrgggggg
08-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Completely rite! Do my tank stats are bad? :0

Sent from my broken phone using Tapatalk6.3k health and 2500 armor..... those are great stats for a "tank" at our current lvl 41 cap.

MoloToha
08-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Lol, trying to get as high damage as possible (430 dmg without elixirs, but with Grimm, who gives +12%), I still have over 6.4k hp and over 1.9k armor (I think that it's acceptable for elites, at least, for Wilds). I wonder what's the issue of other guys considering that I use plain claymore of assault+myth set+elo ring+tarlok amulet (costs something like 2.5m overall, missing 2 grand gems, one in claymore and one in ring). Also, I have Durable+Might+Knowledge passives. Swapping claymore of assault with claymore of will (has 1 grand, too), myth armor with ancient druid of will one (ancient druid without any grand gems) and grimm with lil bear, I get even more hp (but still less than 6.5k), over 2.2k armor and 348 dmg (perfect for elites, becomes a child's play). Seeing guys, who have myth sets, equip dovas, barely manage to squeak out 360-370 damage and insult proper tanks really make me to lol.

Meemaw
08-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Don't feel bad. All the tanks who called me noob when I was like you aren't smart. They don't know what they're going for in the path of pvp or pve. I had 6.7hp, 2.2k armor, and 334dmg. although the dmg WAS low. not noob. cuz thats a elite pve set, thos people are either PvP tanks that dont know about pve or just people who havent found their path yet. :)

gumball3000
08-17-2014, 02:01 PM
Honestly 2.5 k armor in arena is overkill because bosses there are pretty weak.

Amadorbibidor
08-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Honestly 2.5 k armor in arena is overkill because bosses there are pretty weak.

Better to have more than to have less lol.

utpal
08-17-2014, 02:07 PM
use Claymore of assault or will. ur armour is too much for arena lol. 2.2k armour and 300+dmg is preferable

Energizeric
08-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Don't feel bad, as a mage I can totally appreciate a good tank in elites. With that new arena coming soon, you will become very useful in parties as a good tank.

gumball3000
08-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Better to have more than to have less lol.

I have less than 2k armor and i don't die in arena because bosses are really easy there. I also do a decent amount of damage.
Last season i was running elite naked(no armor on) just to have fun. Keep in mind low damage also means a weak heal.

For me a tank with high armor doesn't say anything about his skill.
A tank with decent armor that can also deal damage while he doesnt die is a skilled tank, armor won't save you from being one hit by elite tendirin bosses anyway.

I can show you anytime i can run elite dimensional arena with no armor on (just helmet) and not die once.

-no
08-17-2014, 03:41 PM

I disagree, about cs and axe. They are both useful. Windmill and cs are a good combo for mobs. Cs for feeble affect. Axe is good against certain bosses to maintain agggro and not stand in red zone and die like a noob.

Madnex
08-17-2014, 03:43 PM
This is true, you don't need all that armor. Maybe make a loadout with higher damage and around 2k armor? Surviving is still easy and every bit of damage counts in making elite runs more efficient.

PS: I've also solod arena on my rogue completely naked apart from bow in 10 mins just for the lols.

gumball3000
08-17-2014, 03:52 PM
This is true, you don't need all that armor. Maybe make a loadout with higher damage and around 2k armor? Surviving is still easy and every bit of damage counts in making elite runs more efficient.

PS: I've also solod arena on my rogue completely naked apart from bow in 10 mins just for the lols.

Yes, warriors already slow the run and are avoided by most people. If you want to be competitive you should be able to do some damage, use skills and potions wisely ( don't die) and have a strong heal.

Volt
08-17-2014, 03:56 PM

But sir chu noob

Goodfella
08-17-2014, 03:59 PM
I have 1950 armor 440dmg and 6712hp and im good with it

Madnex
08-17-2014, 04:01 PM
But sir chu noob

Chu has taught me well, master noob

Volt
08-17-2014, 04:03 PM
Well for the elite part, I can't talk much because I tend to fall asleep during elites. No joke.

Other than that if you are confident in your skill no matter which sector of the game it is, you shouldn't be offended if someone calls you noob for your stats.

But high damage is always good to make efficient runs as a warrior with minimum 1900 Armor. You should be okay

Volt
08-17-2014, 04:04 PM
But sir chu noob

Chu has taught me well, master noob

Chu is da epitome of noob young chu

Jurmans
08-17-2014, 04:29 PM
I have less than 2k armor and i don't die in arena because bosses are really easy there. I also do a decent amount of damage.
Last season i was running elite naked(no armor on) just to have fun. Keep in mind low damage also means a weak heal.

For me a tank with high armor doesn't say anything about his skill.
A tank with decent armor that can also deal damage while he doesnt die is a skilled tank, armor won't save you from being one hit by elite tendirin bosses anyway.

I can show you anytime i can run elite dimensional arena with no armor on (just helmet) and not die once.

Lol who cares about how much hor heals?

gumball3000
08-17-2014, 04:38 PM

Nobody, if you play solo.

obee
08-17-2014, 05:54 PM
First off, anyone who calls someone a noob is probably 13 years old or younger and needs to feel better about himself by putting down others. Thats middle school. Its better to just use the ignore button and keep going.

Secondly, everyone is welcome to do what they want with their toons. If a warrior wants to be a tank or a damage dealer or crowd controller that is their business. If you dont want to play with them go play with someone else. Everyone brings something different that is cool. To say that warrior can only be tanks, well that says something about you. Ive got a 41 warrior, ive done tanking, after a while its boring and hard to complete solos. Whats wrong with implementing more damage to your game? Nothing.

Lastly, i wish sts would develop more balanced classes. But i guess this is a mmorp not a single player game.

I'm 13 -.-

Ebezaanec
08-17-2014, 05:56 PM

Really? The potency of your heal doesn't seem to matter?

Jurmans
08-17-2014, 06:09 PM
Really? The potency of your heal doesn't seem to matter?

No elites are about pots, hor is for taunt and shield.

GoodSyntax
08-17-2014, 08:33 PM
The noob warrior is the one that dies....

If the other tank calls you noob, just tell him, don't worry, I'll tank for you and try to keep you alive next round.

Good tanks, those that can play their role well in elites, make for easy, fun runs with plenty of room for error. Bad tanks leave Rogues, like myself, doing their job in shedding aggro off of other squishies, while also trying to kill things. Bad tanks make for terrible runs, which is one of the reasons why top runners prefer to run 2 sorcs, 2 rogues.

Good tanks are simply hard to find - especially those that are good without top gear.

faychen
08-17-2014, 09:30 PM
Good tanks are simply hard to find - especially those that are good without top gear.

I know one, Chaozedong.

Amadorbibidor
08-17-2014, 10:10 PM
The noob warrior is the one that dies....

If the other tank calls you noob, just tell him, don't worry, I'll tank for you and try to keep you alive next round.

Good tanks, those that can play their role well in elites, make for easy, fun runs with plenty of room for error. Bad tanks leave Rogues, like myself, doing their job in shedding aggro off of other squishies, while also trying to kill things. Bad tanks make for terrible runs, which is one of the reasons why top runners prefer to run 2 sorcs, 2 rogues.

I'm not considering me a good tank. Maybe a medium one because there are Many parks and stuff to keep learning. Of course that my first runs where horribles. But now I can keep aggro like 90% of time with bosses 95% of times with mobs. Everybody has to learn. Theyq problem was that there are warriors of lvl 41 that have 5k health, tarlok set for dmg and call tanks noobs for low dmg -.-

Amadorbibidor
08-17-2014, 10:14 PM
No elites are about pots, hor is for taunt and shield.

This time i think jurmans it's rite. Horn is specially for aggro and to save DPS-s with shield when accidentally you lose aggro. Health that u get is good but not general. ;)

Dex Scene
08-18-2014, 03:31 AM
Just ignore them. They play warrior not to tank but to look muscular i guess. With those big muscles they cant resist choosing warrior as their class. If you get called noob by doing the real role of warrior, ignore em.
There are so many smart people too whom you are to meet, trust me. My warrior is full tank too and have taunts on every skills possible and when i save my parties to get hit and keep aggro on me giving their fingers rest on pots, i got complimented several times.
When i feel like not tanking but being attackers i rather play my rogue and if i meet your warrior tanking me, ill surely compliment you too.
You are doing what warriors are meant for. Keep this up.
When they call you noob, bring them to elite jurn woods and ask them to reach first torch. When they can't and die to those pig-dogs, call them noob and ask how are they gonna tank in harder elite maps.

anshdoc
08-19-2014, 03:11 AM
If you can do your part well then the team will be alive, so keeping taunt, timely heals is warriors role. But when it comes to bosses change the gear to damage from avatar screen and fight for your chances at the golden chest. No need to sacrifice your damage for other party like rogues who steal your bounty easily.
Supremo