PDA

View Full Version : Muteds

IamItachi
08-17-2014, 12:23 PM
I got muted for trying to say "sht up" and i dont know why... Even shut up isnt that bad word... I hope this doesnt end in a bann... Because i said it twice today (felt mad after getting teamed and those bad comments Every death) and my question is, do u can get perma bann for to much mutes? :@ dev answers would be nice! Tyvm :)

PS) if i should change anything on this thread please pm me (likes the bad words.)

Suggest Ur Ideas! dont just Think! :)

Trenton
08-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Sht up is not the same as shut up (to STS) they think sht stands for the S word (which it sort of does) so that's why you got muted. I also believe 5 times in a couple hours gets you banned for 24hrs.

IamItachi
08-17-2014, 02:28 PM
Hmm ok thx. But i would like to Exactly know why it makes ppl muted...

Somemager
08-17-2014, 02:44 PM

* facedesk *

programmed
08-17-2014, 04:49 PM

Trenton already said it. STG has it so you get muted for saying sht since it was used as another way to say the "s word" and not be muted but some new things were added to the list of words that get you muted and sht is now one of those words. Since you said "sht up" instead of "shut up" you were muted.

Seoratrek
08-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Just so that you all know, the list of unapproved words hasn't changed. Anything on the "bad words" list used to trigger a silent mute, meaning that you would not receive a message when your chat was flagged. We then decided to switch it over to a regular mute. More on that here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?167517-Changes-to-the-Chat-Filter

Thanks! :)