PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Replace the Flag Achievement!

Frohnatur
08-17-2014, 08:55 PM
STS, please kill the 5k and 10k Flag achievments and replace them with some other less impossible achievment(s). 5k and 10k achievers will keep their points and will have the new quests already achieved.

REASON:

It is impossible for mages to get reasonable amounts of flags. Mages are squishy and therefore easy prey for just anybody when they carry a flag.

You can see the disadvantage when you look at the Leaderboards:

There are only 7 mages game-wide who have the 10 k flag achievment.

NONE of them is on the overall ctf-captures LB.

EVEN when I join pvp with my team, and they would be so generous and let me get all the flags, with the new system in pvp it would take me a year or more to get this achievment. This is unrealistic.

So, everybody who agrees with my idea, please reply (or thank).

If you disagree, please don't start a discussion here. Thanks :)

Newcomx
08-17-2014, 08:58 PM
Agree!

Goodfella
08-17-2014, 09:09 PM
+1 :)

kona
08-17-2014, 10:19 PM
i thought starting petitions was against rules...but i agree with this...they should increase amount of flags in each session from 5 to 10 atleast

Ninjasmurf
08-17-2014, 10:24 PM
The best idea yet.

They were fine with getting rid of filthy rich, goldfinger, and Midas touch aps... At least those were possible to achieve!

Do you know how long it takes to get 10k flags in endgame? Especially as a Mage it's almost impossible unless you flag in twink levels.

I have heard some really good ideas about how to make flagging better and more fun but of course STS doesn't care so I won't even waste my time typing them.

Frohnatur
08-17-2014, 10:56 PM
The best idea yet.

They were fine with getting rid of filthy rich, goldfinger, and Midas touch aps... At least those were possible to achieve!

Do you know how long it takes to get 10k flags in endgame? Especially as a Mage it's almost impossible unless you flag in twink levels.

I have heard some really good ideas about how to make flagging better and more fun but of course STS doesn't care so I won't even waste my time typing them.

I take that as a +1 :)

Busterbiebe
08-17-2014, 11:01 PM
I so agree. This achievement is not for mages. +1

Instanthumor
08-17-2014, 11:12 PM
Took me a year to get 500 flags (Froh, you can count that as a +1).

Grizzlis
08-18-2014, 12:06 AM
+1 I agree

Jonnymaynard
08-18-2014, 12:47 AM
Der thread wird sicher bald eingestampft , Petitionen sind verboten.. das ist schließlich keine Demokratie hier lol

Ice
08-18-2014, 12:47 AM
So true only a few mage dares to flag up to 10k.

Rouge can 1 hit mage as they walk in the hallway :) and mage so slow in running , walking ect.

Low HP give them a disadvantage already.

For me 5k flag can manage. Maybe the 10k Flag they change with other AP.

Xeusx
08-18-2014, 02:37 AM
Anyway, I'm sorry, but this is against the Forum Rules:

Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Gensin
08-18-2014, 02:43 AM
URGH.
I have been there...

+1

alexdroog
08-18-2014, 03:07 AM
+1
New flagging rules suck.

nelson131
08-18-2014, 03:44 AM
+2 :)

ClumsyCactus
08-18-2014, 03:50 AM
Or do as energizeric has suggested for Ages now...
But, +1

kixkaxx
08-18-2014, 03:53 AM
There can't be a better suggestion
+10086

Arachnophobik
08-18-2014, 03:54 AM
agreed. +1

Energizeric
08-18-2014, 03:55 AM
Make it team flags instead of personal flags. When your team scores, you get +1. And then have a new stat called "flags against" for when the other team scores. Then people will start actually playing CTF as it was intended. No more free flagging.

Eski
08-18-2014, 05:22 AM
Instead of the ap there could be a gold price for the team with the most flags in a match .. like 300 gold for the winner
The lb category is ok but the Ap? No way !

Jurmans
08-18-2014, 05:28 AM
Instead of the ap there could be a gold price for the team with the most flags in a match .. like 300 gold for the winner

-1 in twink lvls this would be used in a wrong way.

ClumsyCactus
08-18-2014, 06:17 AM

I think you misunderstood... We are working on "gold SINKS" not adding more gold to the game... ;)

sevenpain
08-18-2014, 07:53 AM
Agree
Flag ap is the most boring of them all lol

obee
08-18-2014, 07:58 AM
I agree, and for lb, they should split it into all time captures and season <> captures. Who cares if this breaks a rule!

Eski
08-18-2014, 10:17 AM
I think you misunderstood... We are working on "gold SINKS" not adding more gold to the game... ;)

I said 300 gold not 300k.. this is almost nothing

j3peaz
08-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Make it team flags instead of personal flags. When your team scores, you get +1. And then have a new stat called "flags against" for when the other team scores. Then people will start actually playing CTF as it was intended. No more free flagging.
So you are saying others on the team also get credit for the flag? If so then +100000000099009988#&#&÷&=&=\}\♡♤|♡

ClumsyCactus
08-18-2014, 11:38 AM
I said 300 gold not 300k.. this is almost nothing

300 gold Times 5 every match, 1500 gold per match, almost every minute there is 2 matches going on, lets say there is 2 matches going on 24/7, and every match takes 30 minutes, this means 3k gold every 30 minutes, and that is 144k every 24 hours.
Now, this is a bit too much, since there in fact isnt that much matches every single minute, but u realise that it will be much Cuz alot of people play? Also, people will want some sort of reward for tdm if that gets implemented.

Bunny♥
08-18-2014, 12:03 PM
Flagging is indeed the most boring job to do in game but I won't agree to have some easy aps replacements for this achievement considering this achievement gives spices to those who runs for LB, lets maintain the purpose of lb, thats for the players who can dare to work hard to earn a spot and gain the "almost impossible" aps created in game, isn't it better to have something to work with? (=

hercthegod
08-18-2014, 12:06 PM

In this case wouldn't an indestructible team or an op player take the flag and hold onto it not allowing the opposite team to flag and they wont start attacking the opposite team so that the game doesn't end, very confusing found it hard to word hehe, like if you understand tho :)

Ign: Manipulativ

obee
08-18-2014, 01:38 PM
I agree with ener....this would make ctf fun, and people would actually play capture the flag

lethaljade
08-18-2014, 01:39 PM
10k flags= no life achievement .

hercthegod
08-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Flagging is indeed the most boring job to do in game but I won't agree to have some easy aps replacements for this achievement considering this achievement gives spices to those who runs for LB, lets maintain the purpose of lb, thats for the players who can dare to work hard to earn a spot and gain the "almost impossible" aps created in game, isn't it better to have something to work with? (=

Yeah sure, a lot of people work hard and i do like the idea of new easier aps but instead of replacing the old ones, how about adding new ones along with the old ones. :)

ClumsyCactus
08-18-2014, 02:29 PM
Yeah sure, a lot of people work hard and i do like the idea of new easier aps but instead of replacing the old ones, how about adding new ones along with the old ones. :)

And, how does that even solve the problem that it takes about 2 years for a decent geared mage to reach 10k flags?

gumball3000
08-18-2014, 02:38 PM
I would also like to see it removed, and maybe a "Won games" stat be added like i posted here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=122918

termi330
08-18-2014, 03:46 PM
+1 this APs are boring... 10k flags.. 1k is hard to get, but what with 10k... Sts should change this same how with AP "The Midas Touch" ..

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7 2013 przy użyciu Tapatalka

hercthegod
08-18-2014, 03:48 PM
And, how does that even solve the problem that it takes about 2 years for a decent geared mage to reach 10k flags?

Well in that case, you cant really fix this problem unless you give mage 500hp more and 300 armor more but then they would be op. Tough luck you picked a hard class, deal with it or use a build where its easier to flag..

I.e. 5/5 speed passive, that wind skill right there its a lot easier to flag.

obee
08-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Did sts change the title? Lel

hercthegod
08-18-2014, 05:49 PM
It was like that before i had my first comment lol

Energizeric
08-18-2014, 06:27 PM
I would also like to see it removed, and maybe a "Won games" stat be added like i posted here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=122918

Won games is impossible to keep track of. When exactly is a game won? What if it starts, you score a flag, and then everyone on the other team quits? Did you win? What if they quit before you score the first flag, but then you score when nobody is there?

What if a player joins the game 2 seconds before his team wins and he is still in the spawn room? Does he also get a win? What if a player scores 4 flags for his team and then becomes disconnected and his team wins the game before he rejoins? Does he get a win?

There are too many variables to make it fair. The best way is to keep track of team flags and team flags against. That will assure that players work together to score flags, and it will also assure that players on the other team will try to stop the flag from being scored. Those 2 factors are what contribute to a proper game of CTF.

aquascaper
08-18-2014, 07:03 PM
+1

However, I doubt STS will actually change this, so here is my flagging for mages:

Skills: Clock, Heal, Gale, Shield (all 5/5)
Pet: Ethyl or Samael
Gear: high armor/hp

Instanthumor
08-18-2014, 07:35 PM
+1

However, I doubt STS will actually change this, so here is my flagging for mages:

Skills: Clock, Heal, Gale, Shield (all 5/5)
Pet: Ethyl or Samael
Gear: high armor/hp

If you spec full str points, you'll probably heal ~5-10% hp which is nothing. Go half and half or something or heal is a useless skill.

Frohnatur
08-18-2014, 09:43 PM

I didn't say easy. I said "less impossible".

For mages this ap is impossible. The flaggers in the lb have had their flags before the new rules where endorsed.

Frohnatur
08-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Well in that case, you cant really fix this problem unless you give mage 500hp more and 300 armor more but then they would be op. Tough luck you picked a hard class, deal with it or use a build where its easier to flag..

I.e. 5/5 speed passive, that wind skill right there its a lot easier to flag.

i picked that class before pvp was even introduced to the game -.-

Its not fair, this class is at a huge disadvantage. And sts made the gap even bigger with the new ctf rules.

This is the reason why I ask this ap to be changed. Because a part of the lb-leaders had it way easier to get this achievement then their successors.

This way the leaderboards will never be balanced in way of the same chance for everyone.

Frohnatur
08-18-2014, 09:52 PM
Oh, and btw... thanks, justg, for letting this thread survive! :)

Wasn't aware of this rule. Next time I will call it right away 'suggestion'

Also big shout out and thanks to everyone who is supporting this suggestion. Please keep going, let sts know how many players are desperate about those ap!

Valkiryas
08-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Flag's AP, are one of the worst ideas that STS does.

Why? Because it's pretty hard get even 4 Flags at Twink, Without counting that In Twink levels the " Law of Flag " is dead, now if you carry the flag they can kill you anyway there's no more respect.

Now at Endgame, is worst than Twink

Why? Because if you carry the flag anyone can kill you ( An Aimed is enough ), So yes I'm +1 for this suggestion, Let's change the way to flags cause ( Maybe we can Flag 100 flags at match, then we don't need anymore wait 10 minutes to a match beging and can help to flag without interruptions ) Cause just 5 per match is for a way tooo bored.

We can get warmonger more quick cause we can kill endless in a match but just can flag 5 per match.

Energizeric
08-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Flag's AP, are one of the worst ideas that STS does.

Flag APs are fine. What is a bad idea is that Flag AP is the only hard AP, so everyone ends up needing only that one single AP and it makes the game boring. If every area of the game had a similarly very hard achievement, then you could choose which one to work on and everyone would not be focussing on Flags. Imagine if there was also achievements for 500k & 1m PvE Kills and 50k & 100k PvP Kills. Then people could choose to pursue those areas and not worry about flags only. But instead so many of us are stuck having got all the other achievements, and the only way for me/us to stay on the Top Players leaderboard is to flag for the rest of my life LOL

Xeusx
08-19-2014, 02:20 AM
Did sts change the title? Lel
Maybe JustG did because I report something bad that against the Forum Rules.

Madnex
08-19-2014, 06:02 AM
Agreed. At least the 10k one should be removed. All the people who will complain are those who already had the 10k AP or were very close before the new flagging system was implemented.

We need a variety of hard to get achievements, not just an impossible one. Even if it's not removed, how about adding a "elite maps cleared" AP line that can match and potentially surpass the silly flagging AP?

obee
08-19-2014, 07:03 AM
If we replaced this ap, more people would play ctf the real way, and flaggers wouldn't get mad everytime someone kills them

Boltmage
08-19-2014, 09:35 AM
I'd like to see a +1 flag count for returning your own flag and also a 'pvp ward' kind of 'elondrian ward' but that adds a speed boost and removes damage taken from the flag in CTF. Don't remove the hard AP's just make them slightly less impossible. It would be nice to have 20 flags in a match instead of 5.

obee
08-19-2014, 09:37 AM
I'd like to see a +1 flag count for returning your own flag and also a 'pvp ward' kind of 'elondrian ward' but that adds a speed boost and removes damage taken from the flag in CTF. Don't remove the hard AP's just make them slightly less impossible. It would be nice to have 20 flags in a match instead of 5.

If you put 20, no one will play capture the flag then, everyone will just kill each other

Boltmage
08-19-2014, 09:44 AM
If you put 20, no one will play capture the flag then, everyone will just kill each other

Why? And opposed to now where all anyone wants to do is play Ctf....

Only people who play ctf are flaggers trying for the ap.

I'd go as far to say I've never seen two teams actually playing Ctf... closest you get is 'kill the flagger before he ends the game, food'

obee
08-19-2014, 09:46 AM
Why? And opposed to now where all anyone wants to do is play Ctf....

Only people who play ctf are flaggers trying for the ap.

No, ctf is a fun game, that all people enjoy, not even just flaggers. It's fun, and you get to kill flaggers :banana: And if people want to play ctf, games are gonna last forever if there are 20 flags

Boltmage
08-19-2014, 09:52 AM
No, ctf is a fun game, that all people enjoy, not even just flaggers. It's fun, and you get to kill flaggers :banana: And if people want to play ctf, games are gonna last forever if there are 20 flags

Isn't this thread about the 'impossible' 10k flag AP? Surely more flags means easier AP, less chance of being hunted for flagging, less 'game will start when each team has 3 players' waiting time and longer for people to clash/duel etc all that to me seems more fun... maybe I'm wrong just a thought :)

mapenjay
08-19-2014, 09:59 AM
dont blame sts on your laziness

ClumsyCactus
08-19-2014, 10:16 AM
If we dont disagree why arent we allowed to give our opinion about it?
This is kinda a petition. Lmfao

Atm, if they would remove it then there would be no competition between endgame TOP PLAYER rank.
This is atm, the hardest achievement to get.
Image if they remove flag ap, then you would have to fight for your rank by slaying mobs... Zzz

No support, heehee

Tbh, Who actually looks at Flag leaderboard daily?
Less people than the ones checking top players and guilds.
And, the top players is basically the ones with the most pve kills anyway.

ClumsyCactus
08-19-2014, 10:17 AM

Is it laziness to not want to play this game 24/7 during several months? I believe not.

Xeusx
08-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Lol, then what are you doing here ?

Atm, if they would remove it then there would be no competition between endgame TOP PLAYER rank.
Image if they remove flag ap, then you would have to fight for your rank by slaying mobs... Zzz

No support, heehee
JustG changed the title "Petition" into "Suggestion", even JustG allow us to give our opinions.

Frohnatur
08-19-2014, 10:48 PM

No support, heehee

Tbh, Who actually looks at Flag leaderboard daily?
Less people than the ones checking top players and guilds.
And, the top players is basically the ones with the most pve kills anyway.

This is not about laziness, jealousy, or lb obsession. This is about imbalance.

There is one class that has a huge disadvantage in getting this ap done. As everyone agrees, as the ctf-leaderboards prove, as everyone active in pvp knows and therefore will hunt you down even more willingly: mages have the hardest time to get this ap done, if its not almost impossible. This ap is like no other to the other classes. Nobody of those classes has this difficulty to get this ap, neither do have these classes a comparetively hard ap to master.

This is simply not fair. And that is why this ap needs adjustment. We have a lot of nice suggestion in this thread. Thanks to everyone who contributed constructively! :)

Energizeric
08-19-2014, 11:39 PM
I'd like to see a +1 flag count for returning your own flag

+1 on this!

This would encourage an end to free flagging. Get a +1 on your flag count when you kill the guy with the flag.

The only problem here is that everyone will gang the flagger, and there is nothing to encourage your teammates from helping you out if you have the flag. This would be a good solution, and then also make it so you get a flag when your team scores.

I think this is worthy of a new idea post. :)

Energizeric
08-19-2014, 11:42 PM
The solution is very simple:

1) If your team scores a flag, you get +1 flag. It does not matter if you score or someone else on your team does. This will encourage players to help their team score by giving the flag carrier an escort.

2) If you return your own team's flag, you get +1 flag. This will encourage players to try to kill the flagger on the opposing team so they can return the flag.

I think these 2 changes would make the flagging achievements much easier to finish, would level the playing field between classes as far as flagging goes, and will encourage players to play CTF as it was intended to be played -- try to help your team score and try to stop the other team from scoring.

Arpluvial
08-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Hey guys! I have moved this thread to a more appropriate section, AL Suggestions and Feedback section.

mapenjay
08-20-2014, 07:58 AM
petition for those people who cant get 10k flag, why did sts put an acceleration on Gale skill? that is for easy flagging, then why u are raging bout squishy? so change your build in pure Str, there is alot of way to get that ap, the only matter is playing habit

epicrrr
08-20-2014, 09:40 AM
One does not simply remove 10k flag whereas it takes MONTHS to ffffing get to that number! :mad:

alexdroog
08-20-2014, 12:14 PM
With the new flagging rules it takes 3 times longer than when you flagged.

Btw. Epicrr you are a lvl 13 rogue and not an endgame mage.

fiftyonecents
08-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Anyway, I'm sorry, but this is against the Forum Rules:

I don't see this guy breaking any sts rules ...please show more evidence....he pretty much asking sts to change something for pvp flag system and '' mage ' class because mages are so weak in the hp department.

Frohnatur
08-20-2014, 10:24 PM
I don't see this guy breaking any sts rules ...please show more evidence....he pretty much asking sts to change something for pvp flag system and '' mage ' class because mages are so weak in the hp department.

it was moved and renamed by a mod. before it said petition, that was against the rules

Frohnatur
08-20-2014, 10:27 PM
petition for those people who cant get 10k flag, why did sts put an acceleration on Gale skill? that is for easy flagging, then why u are raging bout squishy? so change your build in pure Str, there is alot of way to get that ap, the only matter is playing habit

lol, u never really tried seriously flagging, haven't you?^^

Frohnatur
08-20-2014, 10:28 PM
The solution is very simple:

1) If your team scores a flag, you get +1 flag. It does not matter if you score or someone else on your team does. This will encourage players to help their team score by giving the flag carrier an escort.

2) If you return your own team's flag, you get +1 flag. This will encourage players to try to kill the flagger on the opposing team so they can return the flag.

I think these 2 changes would make the flagging achievements much easier to finish, would level the playing field between classes as far as flagging goes, and will encourage players to play CTF as it was intended to be played -- try to help your team score and try to stop the other team from scoring.

I +1 this. Would CTF certainly give a vital push and make me play it again to actually get the missing 8900 flags

mapenjay
08-21-2014, 12:09 AM
that is why sts called it Achivement! not Lazyness or anything

no support on this

Thexkid
08-21-2014, 12:22 AM
Great idea but there is one problem with this. A person at a twink lvl can have a friend or gate opener on one side and have there main toon along with up to 4 other toons on the other side, score 4, then rejoin to switch sides, score 5 and end. This results in them being able to get up to 5 toons 10k flags at once by just flagging with one toon and having the others on the same side sitting there. Sorry kind of hard to explain. At end game this would work awesome though. At inactive twink levels this would work differently. Dont remove the ap though removing midas made this ap the only ap keeping the overall player lb coming down to who has the most pve kills.

mapenjay
08-21-2014, 03:15 AM
Great idea but there is one problem with this. A person at a twink lvl can have a friend or gate opener on one side and have there main toon along with up to 4 other toons on the other side, score 4, then rejoin to switch sides, score 5 and end. This results in them being able to get up to 5 toons 10k flags at once by just flagging with one toon and having the others on the same side sitting there. Sorry kind of hard to explain. At end game this would work awesome though. At inactive twink levels this would work differently. Dont remove the ap though removing midas made this ap the only ap keeping the overall player lb coming down to who has the most pve kills.

absolutely true

yes, they won to remove the midas, but their idea bout changing the AP flag is sick

again consider your self lazy if you cant compete to those mages who already got 10k flags!

epicrrr
08-21-2014, 03:31 AM
Btw. Epicrr you are a lvl 13 rogue and not an endgame mage.

Ff theres a will theres a way! and check LB Flag mage it is possible for mage to flag!

alexdroog
08-21-2014, 05:14 AM
Those flagged with the old rules...
New rules just unfair for new players.

Frohnatur
08-23-2014, 12:06 AM
exactly. and if new players are mages: no chance in a year. When they got it, AL wont exist anymore (mordror has ceased to exist, the ring was plunged).

obee
08-23-2014, 06:43 AM
They need to remove it. I'm tired of being yelled out for killing flaggers, this is capture the flag. The game where you put try to put the flagger in jail....lol

Aslanx
08-28-2014, 12:23 PM

Awesome idea, ur just full of em lol, and this would end people fighting over or arguing about whos next to flag, games would end quicker and drama would lessen!! :D win-win situation and everyone would get their aps faster without removing any ap , the longer u are in pvp the more aps u get!! wowow :banana: dancing banana for uu for this great idea :)

mishafeng
08-28-2014, 04:43 PM
lol ive tried to flag over 100 times and only have 7 +1 great idea