PDA

View Full Version : What aggro (red '!') power depends on?

MoloToha
08-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Are there any factors (like dmg or hp or armor) which can influence direct aggro (red '!' char) power? I was trying to find an answer for this question, but couldn't. Can anyone answer this question, please?

Madnex
08-18-2014, 01:16 PM
The red exclamation marks appear only on forced aggro draw from Horn or jugg and it's absolute, bypassing all other normal damage aggros, as far as I know.

It's not a matter of one-wave intensity but of the frequency of the waves emitted while these skills are active.

MoloToha
08-18-2014, 02:55 PM
The red exclamation marks appear only on forced aggro draw from Horn or jugg and it's absolute, bypassing all other normal damage aggros, as far as I know.

It's not a matter of one-wave intensity but of the frequency of the waves emitted while these skills are active.
Yeah, but can these red exclamation marks keep aggro better if I have higher dmg, armor or hp (like adding to your current agro value 5*dmg or 1*armor), or they just make your aggro something like current_aggro+100 or max_aggro_in_pt+10?

Jirikjurasek
08-21-2014, 02:28 AM
Are there any factors (like dmg or hp or armor) which can influence direct aggro (red '!' char) power? I was trying to find an answer for this question, but couldn't. Can anyone answer this question, please?

There are only few people who know that and that people have red or green names ;-)

MoloToha
08-21-2014, 02:35 AM
There are only few people who know that and that people have red or green names ;-)
Yeah, seems like that...

Crowsfoot
08-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Basic testing says that dealing damage can gain aggro; as can casting any skill near a mob (not necessarily hitting them). The latter is not an effective method of holding aggro, it is most useful to know because mobs in this game tend to focus on the first threat in range. You will notice a stark difference in the amount of aggro you hold per pull if you charge the pack first, as opposed to a rogue (I single rogues out because they are the usual hot heads trying to tank. I should mention some rogues still know how to use aggro and don't create an issue at all when they start pulls).

High damage and DPS is recommended to hold better aggro (via skills and basic attack), but neither stat should be, within reason, considered more important than armor and HP.

Pure taunts (via skills only) will hold the strongest aggro. Reinforcing these taunts (multiple in a row) is generally more effective than rationed and balanced taunts in AL, unlike other MMOs. IE WM holds better aggro than juggernaut even though they have a similar number of taunts per cast.

MoloToha
08-28-2014, 09:58 AM
Basic testing says that dealing damage can gain aggro; as can casting any skill near a mob (not necessarily hitting them). The latter is not an effective method of holding aggro, it is most useful to know because mobs in this game tend to focus on the first threat in range. You will notice a stark difference in the amount of aggro you hold per pull if you charge the pack first, as opposed to a rogue (I single rogues out because they are the usual hot heads trying to tank. I should mention some rogues still know how to use aggro and don't create an issue at all when they start pulls).

High damage and DPS is recommended to hold better aggro (via skills and basic attack), but neither stat should be, within reason, considered more important than armor and HP.

Pure taunts (via skills only) will hold the strongest aggro. Reinforcing these taunts (multiple in a row) is generally more effective than rationed and balanced taunts in AL, unlike other MMOs. IE WM holds better aggro than juggernaut even though they have a similar number of taunts per cast.

Yeah, but I still don't know on which stats pure taunt power depends (if it is so). Talking about other things which might aggro, heal (especially mage's) aggroes pretty solidly. I think that this is the reason why HoR has such a good taunt power. Also, claymore's DoT from proc helps to maintain pulls, that's why, in my opinion, claymore is better than wall.

Crowsfoot
08-31-2014, 11:35 PM
Yeah, but I still don't know on which stats pure taunt power depends (if it is so). Talking about other things which might aggro, heal (especially mage's) aggroes pretty solidly. I think that this is the reason why HoR has such a good taunt power. Also, claymore's DoT from proc helps to maintain pulls, that's why, in my opinion, claymore is better than wall.
DoTs hold massive aggro, or do nothing. After reflecting on AL, there are numerous glitches that have yet to be resolved. Heal is based off damage so over time heals count as DoT skills, this was an unintended side effect.