08-19-2014, 11:14 AM
It's party time soon :)

j3peaz
08-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Wwwwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Photo shop right? Jk go sts...

Goodfella
08-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Am i hear right ? The arcane fossil as an drop ? In arena ? Whaaaaat rlly ? :)

Rhaindra
08-19-2014, 11:23 AM
OMG.. fossil.. can't wait bro :)

-----Sorry for my English-----

Boltmage
08-19-2014, 11:35 AM
0.0 Think I may come out of retirement Iif this is true!

+100, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000

Good call STS finally listened xD

Xeusx
08-19-2014, 11:44 AM
*after the planar arena comes out*
*kill all 4 bosses*
*get gladiator gears*
*try again*
*Get...uhm...what is this? I don't know what I looted*
*thinking about the red color and weird stuff*
*uh oh, actually I looted arcane fossil, lets start become greedy mauhahaha*

Candylicks
08-19-2014, 11:46 AM
That is awesome. Gives PvE farmers something to work for.

Ninjasmurf
08-19-2014, 11:50 AM
Lol really hope this is a joke. unless they make the arena much harder everyone will be running around with nekros

obee
08-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Lol really hope this is a joke. unless they make the arena much harder everyone will be running around with nekros

It's not lol. And I'm sure that's not gonna happen

Titanium
08-19-2014, 11:53 AM

I don't know what really worries you the most. People who run with 250m gear or people with nekros. It was time for samael's price to decrease and same goes for every arcane item.

GG STS that you had the courage to come with such an improvement for players who spend more time than money.

Madnex
08-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Read again, it says chance. If they copied the 0.5% chance out of elite golden locked chest loot it just saves elite farmers from the dilemma of opening them or selling.

And let's not forget, judging by the planar gear loot, we have magma < druid <= planar. So I'm pretty sure if this is the logic, the tombs weapons will surpass the claymores and totems. So elites are still gonna be gg'd.

Madnex
08-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Don't be confused though, I love the direct arcane fossil loot! Great step! :)

Orageunas
08-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Wow thx sts! Change is ofc very low but still :)

Remiem
08-19-2014, 12:01 PM
It's real. :) http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?170765-What-will-drop-in-the-new-Dimensional-Arena&p=1788333&viewfull=1#post1788333

obee
08-19-2014, 12:02 PM
It's real. :) http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?170765-What-will-drop-in-the-new-Dimensional-Arena&p=1788333&viewfull=1#post1788333

REALly awesome!!!!

Rhaindra
08-19-2014, 12:12 PM
And then nothing an arcane fossil with 99.999.999 gold in auc. Haha

-----Sorry for my English-----

Goodfella
08-19-2014, 12:37 PM
Finally a chance for farmers like me :)
That was a great step :) ty Sts

Anarchist
08-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Hip Hip Hip! Hurraaaaaaay!

Ninjasmurf
08-19-2014, 12:50 PM

Well I'm happy you guys are giving us non-plat buyers something to do :)

I just have 1 request. Make the arena more difficult. If not a party full of arcane ring rogues can easily exploit the fossils and they won't retain value.

Spell
08-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Well I'm happy you guys are giving us non-plat buyers something to do :)

I just have 1 request. Make the arena more difficult. If not a party full of arcane ring rogues can easily exploit the fossils and they won't retain value.

Everyone will have a chance to loot the fossils!! having arcane rings doesn't give anyone a better chance of looting fossils.if anything that's what leprechaun amulets do.who cares if fossils drop in value (unless ppl plan to merch them cough cough)I think everyone should have a nekro =) anyways I doubt sts will let fossils drop like Dearys =p

But I do agree bosses need to he a tad harder.

Anarchist
08-19-2014, 01:27 PM
Everyone will have a chance to loot the fossils!! having arcane rings doesn't give anyone a better chance of looting fossils.if anything that's what leprechaun amulets do.who cares if fossils drop in value (unless ppl plan to merch them cough cough)I think everyone should have a nekro =) anyways I doubt sts will let fossils drop like Dearys =p

Fossils Drop Like Dearys!

Hip Hip Hip! Hurraaaaaay

Spell
08-19-2014, 01:44 PM
Fossils Drop Like Dearys!

Hip Hip Hip! Hurraaaaaay

Oh my lol

Ninjasmurf
08-19-2014, 01:47 PM

Arcane rings give them faster more efficient runs whereas normal geared players will take 4 times longer for 1 run. I never tested the arena but if it's easy as everyone was saying nekro will be common rarity.

I can't wait to farm this arcane fossil but I hope it's a challenge :)

Energizeric
08-19-2014, 01:54 PM
Everyone will have a chance to loot the fossils!! having arcane rings doesn't give anyone a better chance of looting fossils.if anything that's what leprechaun amulets do.

Actually, leprechaun amulets will not help here. Remember that in order to get a re-roll to an arcane rarity drop, you need mythic items in the loot table.

Back when I used to play Pocket Legends, the Mount Fang dungeons had no epic items in the drop table. As a result, you could not re-roll a Legendary Dragon Vanity drop, and they were super rare. I farmed those dungeons for 6 months and never even saw one drop, and they would go for 10m+ per item.

Then STS decided they wanted to sell more luck elixirs, so they added epic items to the drop table. Suddenly everyone started running those dungeons with loot elixirs, and the dragon vanity items started to drop like rain. Within 3 months the prices of those items fell from 10-20m down to 1-3m.

Prior to that change, seeing a dragon vanity item for sale in the auction was a once per month rare sighting. After the change, you would see 10+ dragon vanity items for sale in the auction at a time.

As long as they keep mythic items out of the loot table, the fossil will stay super rare. Don't expect to ever see one drop, but just the fact that it's possible will keep people farming there.

Good job STS!

Anarchist
08-19-2014, 02:02 PM
You can be as fast as Flash and as strong as Superman but if you don't have Luck you will loot green and blue items till you comatose :D

Madnex
08-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Pretty much what ener said, it's still rare as hell to loot one as reroll elixir doesn't help. I've ran elite Tindirin a hilariously large amount of times and I've only seen direct pink drops three or four times. So imagine how rare the arcane fossil drop will be.

What's happening here is that instead of having the dilemma of opening something worth 80k in hopes of receiving loot worth 80m (and end up getting loot worth 80g), STS goes ahead and opens those chests for you.

Jurmans
08-19-2014, 02:07 PM
And how big is it's drop %? Having the feeling this isn't worth it for starting up my main.

Energizeric
08-19-2014, 02:08 PM
What's happening here is that instead of having the dilemma of opening something worth 80k in hopes of receiving loot worth 80m (and end up getting loot worth 80g), STS goes ahead and opens those chests for you.

That is always the big dilemma. Sometimes I miss the fun I had in seasons 1 & 2 when we all used to farm Elite Jarl. You couldn't sell those chests and had to open them, so it was fun to save up around 10 chests and then open them hoping to loot a legendary item. Back then the legendary items were the best ones, so if you looted something good it could be worth 1m, which was actually a lot of gold back then as gold cap was 10m.

I suppose fundamentally it's a better system to allow you to make that choice and sell the chests, but sometimes it feels like you are gambling if you want to open them, where as before you had no choice so if you opened them all and got nothing you didn't regret opening them. The problem is I'm not a gambler, so I always sell my chests, and then end up feeling like some of the excitement of the game is lost.

Having an item like this drop directly from a boss does add a ton of excitement to the game though, and I'm really glad they are adding it. Even if the chances are super low, you know that each time you enter that arena there is a chance you can strike it rich, and that is enough to keep people (including myself) playing.

Spell
08-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Actually, leprechaun amulets will not help here. Remember that in order to get a re-roll to an arcane rarity drop, you need mythic items in the loot table.

Back when I used to play Pocket Legends, the Mount Fang dungeons had no epic items in the drop table. As a result, you could not re-roll a Legendary Dragon Vanity drop, and they were super rare. I farmed those dungeons for 6 months and never even saw one drop, and they would go for 10m+ per item.

Then STS decided they wanted to sell more luck elixirs, so they added epic items to the drop table. Suddenly everyone started running those dungeons with loot elixirs, and the dragon vanity items started to drop like rain. Within 3 months the prices of those items fell from 10-20m down to 1-3m.

Prior to that change, seeing a dragon vanity item for sale in the auction was a once per month rare sighting. After the change, you would see 10+ dragon vanity items for sale in the auction at a time.

As long as they keep mythic items out of the loot table, the fossil will stay super rare. Don't expect to ever see one drop, but just the fact that it's possible will keep people farming there.

Good job STS!

Oh I see so no amount of luck or leps will help loot fossils hmm.so only if they added an item such as "mystic amulet" to loot table will elixirs and leps be useful.

I wonder what the fossil will look like as a drop!

Instanthumor
08-19-2014, 02:55 PM

*News flash*

Costs 100 plat per run.

obee
08-19-2014, 03:16 PM
*News flash*

Costs 100 plat per run.

Lol

j3peaz
08-19-2014, 03:47 PM
So what happens when you reroll an arcane rarity item? Locked crate? Lol that would be a good troll move

hercthegod
08-19-2014, 04:30 PM
*News flash*

Costs 100 plat per run.

Will it actually cost 100 plat per run? 0.o sorry lol im quite confused.

Ign: Manipulativ

obee
08-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Will it actually cost 100 plat per run? 0.o sorry lol im quite confused.

LOLOL no

Kakashis
08-19-2014, 05:38 PM
I think it's great that finally we can farm an Arcane item!

Remember Me
08-19-2014, 05:40 PM
It's Gona be like that mace in DL...

Atten
08-19-2014, 05:54 PM
When I first read that, I ran at the calendar like "Is it 1st of April?! " lol. Now non-plat users like me can have a chance of an arcane pet for free! Yaaay

macquin
08-19-2014, 08:15 PM
fossil yeah hard to get in locked surely it will drop more harded. :monkey:

obee
08-19-2014, 08:24 PM
fossil yeah hard to get in locked surely it will drop more harded. :monkey:

Not really. We are talking about slim drop rates here. Now, if there ever is a glitch with fossils like archon...XD FARM THE HELL OUT OF IT

macquin
08-19-2014, 11:26 PM
hahahaa@obee nice try bro

Xeusx
08-20-2014, 02:07 AM
It's Gona be like that mace in DL...
May I know why you using Ctf's signature?

Gensin
08-20-2014, 03:52 AM
Farmers are shaking and buying all the possible luck elixir they can see.

hercthegod
08-20-2014, 05:36 AM
LOLOL no

Thank god lol

Kirby Visitacion
08-20-2014, 07:01 AM
Thank you STS DEV TEAM. Good work

Universalpro
08-20-2014, 08:20 AM

Good job STS!
What do u mean by in order to loot archon u need mythic items in the loot table?

Ice
08-20-2014, 08:31 AM

Good job STS!

is this true? if this is true wow its useless then lol.

Chaozedong
08-20-2014, 08:35 AM

Good job STS!

So in short: This will decrease the value of all the other drops. (since the arena will still be farmed when their price isn't worth the effort anymore)

Wutzgood
08-20-2014, 08:46 AM
I love the idea but has it been clearly stated that it's the arcane fossil that will drop? I remember energiz's idea about a legendary fossil pet to farm and am wondering if it's gonna be a new fossil or the arcane one out now. With all of his ideas that get implemented it wouldn't shock me if it's a legendary fossil pet that drops in the new arena.

Ebezaanec
08-20-2014, 08:49 AM
I love the idea but has it been clearly stated that it's the arcane fossil that will drop? I remember energiz's idea about a legendary fossil pet to farm and am wondering if it's gonna be a new fossil or the arcane one out now. With all of his ideas that get implemented it wouldn't shock me if it's a legendary fossil pet that drops in the new arena.

We are heading in the right direction.. Whatever the small chance, at least farmers will have a chance at all.

And the post is here

Guys, we're removing the Elite Golden Dragonscale Chests from the Planar Arena rewards. We're also putting the Fossil in as a possible rare drop from completing a 4 boss run.

Wutzgood
08-20-2014, 08:58 AM
We are heading in the right direction.. Whatever the small chance, at least farmers will have a chance at all.

And the post is here

Either way I'm happy but I still haven't seen them say the arcane fossil. Hope it is but anything that is farmable is great for me. I'm also hoping that the new armors come in multiple colors. Collecting only one color will be kinda easy for my collection. Can't wait for this new arena tho.

clyburn.
08-20-2014, 09:21 AM
Woooot fossil drop

Sorcerie
08-20-2014, 11:29 AM
This will be the first actual lootable arcane drop from bosses in the whole game.

It's everything I ever wanted and dreamed of myself.

Thanks guys, I will now be dedicating my entire arcane legends life to looting this fossil in the arena.

Farewell elites, it's been real.

Boltmage
08-20-2014, 11:34 AM
I love the idea but has it been clearly stated that iït's the arcane fossil that will drop? I remember energiz's idea about a legendary fossil pet to farm and am wondering if it's gonna be a new fossil or the arcane one out now. With all of his ideas that get implemented it wouldn't shock me if it's a legendary fossil pet that drops in the new arena.

Sam did say 'the Fossil' as in the only fossil. That would be a $#! 77 ¥ move on sts part if they made a legendary/mythic fossil.

I think its legit, please can a dev/mod confirm this?

Also why is there no announcement, this is the biggest thing you've done for F2P since....ummmmm....ever!

Sorcerie
08-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Sam did say 'the Fossil' as in the only fossil. That would be a $#! 77 ¥ move on sts part if they made a legendary/mythic fossil.

I think its legit, please can a dev/mod confirm this?

Also why is there no announcement, this is the biggest thing you've done for F2P since....ummmmm....ever!Is it not enough that Samhayne himself said it? and Remiem confirmed?

Pls read the thread, LOL.

Boltmage
08-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Is it not enough that Samhayne himself said it? and Remiem confirmed?

Pls read the thread, LOL.

It was enough for me but as always people cast doubt (Pls read the thread, LOL).... anyway Carapace just confirmed it in the other thread so.. yes im extremely happy with sts now xD

Still deserves an announcement imo

Energizeric
08-20-2014, 12:39 PM
So in short: This will decrease the value of all the other drops. (since the arena will still be farmed when their price isn't worth the effort anymore)

Yes, very true. The other legendary drops in Mount Fang got very cheap from over farming, but the Dragon Vanities held their value since they were so rare. I'd expect the same to happen here. And it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Madnex
08-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Nordr gear will be liquidated instead of sold once again lol. 40 legendary drops in test server, all of them were old shade mails and helms. Great.

Kreasadriii
08-20-2014, 02:43 PM
After get one red after hundreds green..
clear ur inventory, accidentally "liquidate the red" and disconnect yeay -_-

nelson131
08-20-2014, 05:29 PM
Wait.....is it April fool's day? Oh wait....it's august 21st......

Carapace
08-20-2014, 05:33 PM
yes, it will be the Arcane Fossil, more information here

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?170765-What-will-drop-in-the-new-Dimensional-Arena&p=1790226&viewfull=1#post1790226

Burstnuke
08-20-2014, 05:38 PM
yes, it will be the Arcane Fossil, more information here

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?170765-What-will-drop-in-the-new-Dimensional-Arena&p=1790226&viewfull=1#post1790226

I love you.

obee
08-20-2014, 05:46 PM
I love you.

O.O

Reunegade
08-20-2014, 05:47 PM
No. I love him more.

obee
08-20-2014, 05:48 PM
No. I love him more.

Oh no she didn't!