PDA

View Full Version : Ecto Vial Drops

Candylicks
08-20-2014, 08:49 AM
The first day the Nekro quest line came out we were able to farm a few of the Ecto Vials. Since the archon ring bug was fixed I haven't seen a single vial drop. I have farmed countless hours and have not even seen anyone in my party loot a vial since the archon ring bug was fixed. Is it just bad luck for me?

With the upcoming Planar and more of us having fossil, would like to know what's the deal with the ecto.

GoodSyntax
08-20-2014, 08:53 AM
I haven't seen a Vial drop since the archon patch, and neither has anyone else in my guild.

I run at least 30 elites a day (mostly Tindirin) and I personally think Vials have become too rare a drop (assuming they are still in the loot table).

Especially considering 15 Vials are required for Nekro, I would like them to drop more often. I've seen more eggs dropping from Arachna than Vials.

Ice
08-20-2014, 08:54 AM
I looted 1 vial out of 10 runs... but very rare... unlike before 1 run you can get 3-5 pcs.

Haifer
08-20-2014, 09:27 AM
I haven't seen a Vial drop since the archon patch, and neither has anyone else in my guild.

I run at least 30 elites a day (mostly Tindirin) and I personally think Vials have become too rare a drop (assuming they are still in the loot table).

Especially considering 15 Vials are required for Nekro, I would like them to drop more often. I've seen more eggs dropping from Arachna than Vials.
I've gotten 2 Shadowlurk eggs in the past 2 days. Before that I never even saw one drop in all my runs of Caves.

grzena1982
08-20-2014, 09:56 AM
Its enough to observe the market availability. The supply has decreased driving the price up, hence, they have reduced the drop rate.

What i dont like about this game is that many aspects happen behind the closed door. Many micro updates are taking place and there is no mention about them on the forum.

Remiem
08-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Its enough to observe the market availability. The supply has decreased driving the price up, hence, they have reduced the drop rate.

What i dont like about this game is that many aspects happen behind the closed door. Many micro updates are taking place and there is no mention about them on the forum.

Actually, we do strive to be transparent with any game changes, including increases and reductions in drop rates. To my knowledge, there hasn't been an intentional decrease in drop rate. I will bring it up to the devs and see if there might be anything that could have affected this.

Remi

Energizeric
08-20-2014, 12:48 PM
I personally like the idea of the vials being more rare. Then they will hold a premium price. Wouldn't it be cool if the limiting factor of crafting Nekro was not always the fossil but on occasion there were not enough vials. Then players would motivated to farm for vials, and the price would be super high.

Candylicks
08-20-2014, 12:51 PM
I personally like the idea of the vials being more rare. Then they will hold a premium price. Wouldn't it be cool if the limiting factor of crafting Nekro was not always the fossil but on occasion there were not enough vials. Then players would motivated to farm for vials, and the price would be super high.

Just would like a confirmation they still drop. I mean, the fact that none of us have seen a single one since the archon bug fix warrants an investigation.

Jurmans
08-20-2014, 12:55 PM
Lol first they dropped to often and the price dropped, complains.

Now they drop less often and the price is rising, complains.

hercthegod
08-20-2014, 01:02 PM
I've gotten 2 Shadowlurk eggs in the past 2 days. Before that I never even saw one drop in all my runs of Caves.

where can i farm shadowlurk eggs?

Ign: Manipulativ

Haifer
08-20-2014, 01:10 PM
where can i farm shadowlurk eggs?

Ign: Manipulativ

Elite Tindirin: Caves of Tarewa

They sometimes drop from the boss, Arachna

GoodSyntax
08-20-2014, 01:11 PM

Rare is fine, but if I'm running 30+ elites a day, and neither me, nor anyone in my guild has found one since the archon patch....then that is too rare for a recipe calling for 15 of them.

Amicusdei
08-20-2014, 01:15 PM
agree with energizeric.
i may never get a nekro egg, but if i can find vials from time to time, thats big money.
it makes the elites worth farming again, since the elite drop pinks are over farmed.
whatever is happening, the vials still drop at some rate because the cs was almost empty of them and next day there were more.
i realize ppl might have been holding, but there are always those who sell immediately.
i also agree however that at first they seemed to drop more, a friend got several in one run elite ashral tower.

FluffNStuff
08-20-2014, 01:16 PM
My theory is that when they removed the chance for Vials rerolling into Archons they also removed the chance for other items rerolling into Vials. This would explain the drop as looting a green is extremely easy vs looting a purple even though looting a purple is much easier then looting a pink.

GoodSyntax
08-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Makes sense Fluff....

I've probably done 200+ elite Tindirin runs since the archon patch, and haven't seen, nor looted a vial. That just seems far too rare IMHO.

Energizeric
08-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Fluff, maybe these are the new glyph steels. Super rare & cannot re-roll.

Candylicks
08-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Fluff, maybe these are the new glyph steels. Super rare & cannot re-roll.

Except I could farm steels. I saw them drop...

I feel there *may* be a mistake in the code why they suddenly aren't dropping anymore.

mmaachilles211
08-20-2014, 02:45 PM
I'm personally loving the fact the drop rate is so low now. I bought 20 vials at the start of the nekro quest for about 20k apiece and now I'm considering selling them for what they r now in the cs for (think it was 200 k) buy low sell high yall ;)

Frekken
08-20-2014, 03:07 PM
The dummy comment of the thread.
¿Vial is drop-able only if done the parchments right?
Or anyone can get Em if lucky enough?
The drop is activated as the quest is taken?

obee
08-20-2014, 03:12 PM
The dummy comment of the thread.
¿Vial is drop-able only if done the parchments right?
Or anyone can get Em if lucky enough?
The drop is activated as the quest is taken?

Anyone can loot it. And no questions are dumb :)