PDA

View Full Version : My unedited and raw video as of now!

Zeus
01-19-2011, 02:48 AM
So this is my unedited and raw video as of now! Please keep in mind this is only part 1! I plan to merge part 1 and 2 together but wasn't able to due to upload limits :(. This is uncropped which I plan on doing and unediting which I also plan on doing, but I need your opinions first so I can edit and crop this video or trash it! Then continue T: Forgot to post the link lmao. Well it is no longer my unedited video, I finished it and this is the newest most updated link. Mind you this is my first time EVER making a video period... Lol :). Thanks for all the tips to those that helped me! Big shout out to you all!

Video link is on the page 7!

giayuan
01-19-2011, 02:51 AM
Not bad! Not bad! except try doing the friending thing and messaging with known people. Idk, but it just gives viewers a stupid feeling when the people dont respond ;) Good Luck!

Otukura
01-19-2011, 02:52 AM
After saving it, rotating it, and watching the first part of it, it seems pretty nice. Only things I don't like are the screwed up mouse touch symbol thing... guessing its the software to show where it is. And also the typing the messages. I'd put them as titles in the vid or do a voiceover. I'm more of a voice guy also...

Zeus
01-19-2011, 02:53 AM
After saving it, rotating it, and watching the first part of it, it seems pretty nice. Only things I don't like are the screwed up mouse touch symbol thing... guessing its the software to show where it is. And also the typing the messages. I'd put them as titles in the vid or do a voiceover. I'm more of a voice guy also...

OMG YOU ROTATED IT!? Can you please tell me how to do that? I'm trying to figure it out right now.

Otukura
01-19-2011, 02:54 AM
Sony vegas pro is what i used... also can do it with Adobe Premier..

Zeus
01-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Sony vegas pro is what i used... also can do it with Adobe Premier..

Do those cost money? If they do then -.-, is there anyway I could forward you my videos and you crop them for me? That's the only thing I need :)

Otukura
01-19-2011, 02:59 AM
Hm... there is direct transfer, but that's slow as hell.. I could just upload a cropped version to youtube, but my upload speed is horrible, download is amazing, and the quality is pretty bad that way. They do cost money, Premier ~ 80, Vegas Pro ~800(I got this one illegally...)...

My friends into all this free open source stuff, I'll ask him if he knows any good vid editing software tomorrow.

EDIT: Quick search revealed this: http://download.cnet.com/windows/video-editing-software/

So many free ones now.. I've never used most of them tho, so I dont know. I'm pretty sure with WMM you can rotate and crop, it's completely free. If you're on a mac, is iMovie free? I forget...

Otukura
01-19-2011, 03:04 AM
Well, finally finished my essay, time to get some sleep. I'll check here in the morning.

Zeus
01-19-2011, 03:06 AM
I have iMovie and it's free with the Mac u purchase but not sure if it can crop

KingFu
01-19-2011, 03:17 AM
I have iMovie and it's free with the Mac u purchase but not sure if it can crop

Ask it on yahoo answers:)

Zeus
01-19-2011, 03:19 AM
Ask it on yahoo answers:)

I got it, so it's ok. Cropping it right now. I'll add special effects to it later :). If you couldn't tell I'm completely new to making videos, doing it all based of logic and friendly player's help here :0.

Zeus
01-19-2011, 03:32 AM
I cropped the first video! I feel so proud! LOL. I will post it on youtube later! Now for the big challenge for me :). How to figure out how to add special effects and merge two clips together.

KingFu
01-19-2011, 03:35 AM
I cropped the first video! I feel so proud! LOL. I will post it on youtube later! Now for the big challenge for me :). How to figure out how to add special effects and merge two clips together.

Merging two clips is VERY easy, I used windows movie maker. Well, I played around with it. It was very easy. I could do it when I was around age 11.

Zeus
01-19-2011, 03:36 AM
Merging two clips is VERY easy, I used windows movie maker. Well, I played around with it. It was very easy. I could do it when I was around age 11.

Ya just figured that out too, I merged my good clip and trashy clip to see if it worked and it did, so now just for special effects which seem pretty easy to add in.

KingFu
01-19-2011, 03:38 AM
Ya just figured that out too, I merged my good clip and trashy clip to see if it worked and it did, so now just for special effects which seem pretty easy to add in.

If you win. Can I have the pl shield?;)

Reported
01-19-2011, 03:40 AM
LOl at your youtube name I have PLGuide you have PlGuides :)

Zeus
01-19-2011, 03:42 AM
LOl at your youtube name I have PLGuide you have PlGuides :)

LOL, I didn't even notice! Want me to change it?

Here is the cropped version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBTfEaRCLTE

Now to just add in the special effects and part 1 will be done

Then part 2!
Sigh... This is too much work for a game's contest lol.

@reported: I originally had one called PLfordummies, but it wasn't allowing me to upload for an odd reason, so I just remade an account and that's the name I could think of off the top of my head... Now I know why.

Reported
01-19-2011, 03:43 AM
LOL, I didn't even notice! Want me to change it?

Nah :) Its wierd how we both think of the same idea now its the youtube name now :D

Zeus
01-19-2011, 03:45 AM
Nah :) Its wierd how we both think of the same idea now its the youtube name now :D

Well the ideas were stated in the contest :). You had to list all the features of the game, and you can even ask mysticaldream, I told him on the very first day of the contest what I was planning to do, along with residentevl :).

Btw! I think I have 3 licenses left on that video recording app I bought! If anybody needs one! Let me know!

KingFu
01-19-2011, 03:53 AM
It's true. He did

Also, does that mean if you win I get the shield?xD

Zeus
01-19-2011, 03:58 AM
It's true. He did

Also, does that mean if you win I get the shield?xD

Bah hahahaha maybe :).

Reported
01-19-2011, 03:58 AM
Well the ideas were stated in the contest :). You had to list all the features of the game, and you can even ask mysticaldream, I told him on the very first day of the contest what I was planning to do, along with residentevl :).

Btw! I think I have 3 licenses left on that video recording app I bought! If anybody needs one! Let me know!

I would want it..I dunno how you could send it to my iphone lol I probably will create a new video later?

Zeus
01-19-2011, 03:59 AM
I would want it..I dunno how you could send it to my iphone lol I probably will create a new video later?

Is your iphone jailbroken?

Reported
01-19-2011, 04:00 AM
Is your iphone jailbroken?

No lol /:)

Zeus
01-19-2011, 04:01 AM
No lol /:)

Aw, you would need it jailbroken :(. I rejailbroke mine just for this :(. I'm planning to unjailbreak after. I don't like jailbreak lol, too many complications due to tethered and all that good stuff. My second Vid part has been recorded! Now just for Part 3 of the triology. Idk how this is under 5 minutes LOL

Reported
01-19-2011, 04:03 AM
Aw, you would need it jailbroken :(. I rejailbroke mine just for this :(. I'm planning to unjailbreak after. I don't like jailbreak lol, too many complications due to tethered and all that good stuff. My second Vid part has been recorded! Now just for Part 3 of the triology. Idk how this is under 5 minutes LOL

I know I dont wanna jailbroke my iphone I thought it would be illegal for this contest haha. The cam for none jailbroken apps are like expensive so good old 2nd device

Zeus
01-19-2011, 04:08 AM
I know I dont wanna jailbroke my iphone I thought it would be illegal for this contest haha. The cam for none jailbroken apps are like expensive so good old 2nd device

Oh I see :(. I was thinking to do this on my ipad, but realized it would be so much easier on the iphone. I might make another video of this on the ipad, but that would require me to use a license :(

Zeus
01-19-2011, 04:23 AM
Now the pvp portion is done and added, but I'm not going to upload it yet as there is no point till the video is done, as I'm just wasting time. Last part I will finish up tommorow!.

If you guy's want to see the video portion for PVP. Here is the uncropped version!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYz23ZuW-04

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
01-19-2011, 07:08 AM
How u record videos??? Any apps i think im using an ipod 2g and app that doesnt require things like cammera. I just bought i camera thingy for $1.19 i just wasted money for nothing -________________- :(

Zeus
01-19-2011, 09:39 AM
The app I'm using requires a 3rd gen idevice model and up (not the 3rd gen 8 gig)

RedRyder
01-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Wow! Phenominal work bro! I caught part 2 as well through related videos. Thanks for showing the app used too :)

RedRyder
01-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Nvm its a Cydia app :( Noooo way I'm jailbreaking lol

Zeus
01-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Nvm its a Cydia app :( Noooo way I'm jailbreaking lol

I jailbroke even though I hate it. Going to restore after contest is over

Reported
01-19-2011, 02:55 PM
I jailbroke even though I hate it. Going to restore after contest is over

Ive lost hope in winning haha all these people recording the screen without lag *jealous* good luck guys. I should have spent more time editing mine seeing as I have CamStudio

Zeus
01-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Ive lost hope in winning haha all these people recording the screen without lag *jealous* good luck guys. I should have spent more time editing mine seeing as I have CamStudio

Don't lose hope. Your video is better then mine solely for the reason yours is actually enjoyable to watch while mine is ehh. Boring :p. Im not shooting for a prize lol. I just want those antennas

Cascade
01-19-2011, 03:57 PM
To be honest...Its too boring...I closed it about 1 minute in hah...Try talking instead of typing its more interesting

Reported
01-19-2011, 03:57 PM
To be honest...Its too boring...I closed it about 1 minute in hah...Try talking instead of typing its more interesting

Did you get through mine? "lce" video

and he only wants the antennas lol

Zeus
01-20-2011, 01:35 AM
OK for everybody who asked! I included a tutorial on how to kill gurgox and overlord! I have all the parts ready, just need to edit it up, get parent's permission and post video! ENJOY!!!!!!

Zeus
01-20-2011, 02:23 AM
AND HERE IS THE FULL MOVIE YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!!! (or not :))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs7QWX2czvI

Thelonearcher
01-20-2011, 02:37 AM
lol resi. :) good video parth.

Jsaieagle
01-20-2011, 02:50 AM
Range, very good video!!!

Zeus
01-20-2011, 02:54 AM
Range, very good video!!!
Thanks I really appreciate it!

Thelonearcher
01-20-2011, 02:56 AM
Range that combo is terrible for pvp. Did you use it to just hide your real one?

romgar1
01-20-2011, 03:19 AM
Great job parth! Sorry i missed your invite to the VL. Maybe I can be in your next PL guide: How NOT to pvp. ;)

Orei
01-20-2011, 03:33 AM
Got an error, blocking me from viewing the video cause it contains sony entertainment content and not allowed in my country.

:(

Physiologic
01-20-2011, 03:36 AM
Nice first vid. Too bad droids currently get any better fps through their current screen recording apps :(

Hekpoc
01-20-2011, 04:06 AM
Good video maybe edit out the typing and corrections. But hey if all you want is antennas... then hey hey hey

Ellyidol
01-20-2011, 04:54 AM
Crap range, I can't watch it! Sony blocked blah3x.

I'm sure its very well done though!

Zeus
01-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Why do you give up so easily? You didn't want antenna only. Why hide it?
Um yes I only did want the antennas. While the runner up prize or first place would be awesome. I entered the contest with the intent on getting antennas, maybe with a slight chance at runner up. Please don't try and insult me by speaking for me on what I want and don't want. I know very well what I want and if this is a challenge (I wanted a friendly only competition and think all the videos are great) don't think I won't rise up to the occasion. If you want to flame instead of posting constructive criticism please do so elsewhere. Thanks for your time....

Zeus
01-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Any suggestions from anybody, (constructive criticism only please...)

Residentevil
01-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Have a less engaging song lol, the song itself seems to want the focus, try some simple little tune that you might expect in game.

Zeus
01-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Sorry. I read as it was Ice who wanted the antennas only. I didn't flame you. It's just a misunderstanding.

Ok, all is forgiven :). Don't worry about it.

Zeus
01-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Btw, I cannot view your video dude. It says something about copyright issues thus the block. Is it ok if people from some areas are blocked from viewing? I was just thinking what if some new players come from those areas?

Just my constructive opinion. ^^

I believe it is due to my music. What I will do is I will upload two seperate ones. One with the music, and one without the music so the copyright isn't blocked

EDIT: Actually I can't seem to edit the music out... :/

Zeus
01-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Hook me up with the goods, son!

Allright, I believe Cydia said that I can download the same app on a different device if I provide them with purchase info...

Otukura
01-21-2011, 12:12 AM
I believe it is due to my music. What I will do is I will upload two seperate ones. One with the music, and one without the music so the copyright isn't blocked

EDIT: Actually I can't seem to edit the music out... :/

Man, if you rendered it with the music, and don't have the orig, can't edit it out. Unless you don't want PL sounds, if you don't, that's easy.

Zeus
01-21-2011, 12:24 AM
Man, if you rendered it with the music, and don't have the orig, can't edit it out. Unless you don't want PL sounds, if you don't, that's easy.

Ya, I have the original clips, although I will need to recompile them together :/

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
01-21-2011, 04:01 AM
........... DAMN GOD DAMN IT the blue screen appeared when i tyred to watch the gurgox and overlord one it was so anoyying its when the computar detects something and it shuts down ............

Hekpoc
01-21-2011, 04:17 AM
Haha my PM ended up in that video haha.

Omglolwtfbbq
01-21-2011, 09:41 AM
You have an excellent music taste, but it doesn't fit the video at all :P

Zeus
01-21-2011, 10:04 AM
You have an excellent music taste, but it doesn't fit the video at all :P

Ya I know but for now until I can find a appropriate song to fit the video. That will be the song. Thanks for the advice though! I appreciate it!

Lesrider
01-21-2011, 10:17 AM
I would edit out the typos. But if you're just doing it for the antennas, guess you don't need to. Just save yourself the trouble and the time.

Zeus
01-21-2011, 12:23 PM
I would edit out the typos. But if you're just doing it for the antennas, guess you don't need to. Just save yourself the trouble and the time.

Ya the highest I'm shooting for is the community shield :)

Zeus
01-23-2011, 02:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouSkxTd2wDU
This is the new video, edited even more and HOPEFULLY the final, lol. For some reason I can never think if the video is good enough

EDIT: JUST FOUND OUT IT IS BLOCKED IN THE U.S! Due to the music! LOL Gotta find new music...

DaSphinx
01-24-2011, 07:46 AM
More copyrighted music by UMG and WMG this time... Not available outside the U.S.
-sucks being overseas!

Zeus
01-24-2011, 10:08 AM
the only country that is blocked now is Germany, I'm guessing you live in Germany?

Christina
01-24-2011, 10:31 AM
I cant view ur video.. It say unable to open lol

Orei
01-24-2011, 11:08 AM
If its a block out due to some sony content etc, its due to the soundtrack used. One way to fix this, on the host end, is to re-record the original soundtrack into a new mp3 / wmv, thereby removing all title/patent records on it. Then render your video with it again. If you have a decent soundcard the quality of music shouldnt be affected.

Alternatively for viewers, you may choose to visit this link using a bypass proxy website, that masks your ip address. The loading time / quality will be somewhat affected, but its better than not being able to see at all. Unfortunately I cannot post the proxy website I use here. If you are interested (which i highly do not recommend if you dont know what you are doing) you may need to spend some time on google. But do beware of phishing sites, make sure you have your antivirus/spyware active.

Zeus
01-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Ya, I managed to get it so it's only blocked in germany now though. :)

Cabero
01-24-2011, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouSkxTd2wDU
This is the new video, edited even more and HOPEFULLY the final, lol. For some reason I can never think if the video is good enough

EDIT: JUST FOUND OUT IT IS BLOCKED IN THE U.S! Due to the music! LOL Gotta find new music...
You need a mobile version it won't play on my. I think it would be good idea to do that considering this is a mobile game :p

Edit: I can view the others. Just not the one you linked in the quote.

KingFu
01-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Might I add this title made me hesitant to open the thread;)

Zeus
01-26-2011, 04:09 AM
My latest PL Video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVkp0kmN3Q4

Cabero
01-26-2011, 04:36 AM
My latest PL Video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVkp0kmN3Q4
Make it viewable on mobile!!!!!!!!!

Zeus
01-29-2011, 11:54 AM
OK I did, and here is the new video! I scrapped the old one! Let me know which one is better please! Thanks :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGfIrP4GloE

Cabero
01-29-2011, 12:37 PM
OK I did, and here is the new video! I scrapped the old one! Let me know which one is better please! Thanks :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGfIrP4GloE

/sigh this one says not viewable on mobile also guess I won't ever get to see any of your newer work.:(

Snakespeare
01-29-2011, 12:41 PM
i like it a lot, and I think the solution to the sound is to do a voice-over. great job.

Zeus
01-29-2011, 03:45 PM
UPDATED LINK:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uekhHQ2QsLM

Snakespeare
01-29-2011, 04:35 PM
I can definitely hear the music now.

Also, I found it is better to use the youtube app and search your user name: PLGUIDES, then it plays just fine on my mobile device.

Zeus
01-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks! I hope this one is good enough to get runner's up :)

Zeus
01-29-2011, 11:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX349sOYHDg

matta1985
01-30-2011, 12:48 AM
Nice vid range! Good luck :)

lorielana
01-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Nice work range, heres some screenshots i took. these are the two best:

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/fuzzlypowah/IMG_0336.png

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/fuzzlypowah/IMG_0331.png

Riccits
01-30-2011, 10:59 AM
it was really a pain making this P and L LOL
lought so much hahahahha

Kossi
01-30-2011, 01:53 PM
yanis ice and rangepwnsmeel have the best vids.

imo range is going to win just because of the ending

Zeus
01-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Here is the video!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPf7UOek-zU