PDA

View Full Version : Possible new idea to prevent scamming...

Fractite
08-20-2014, 09:50 AM
I've had an idea for a while now for a new update and if it has been mentioned before, then I'm sorry...
Basically, when doing trades, instead of showing lots of zeros, they should put 1K for 1000, or 1M for 1,000,000.
I think the zeros are putting a lot of people off and this could be an easy solution that STS can do. I also don't see why it shouldn't be there.

Thoughts?

Schnitzel
08-20-2014, 10:58 AM
I prefer to add commas to the 0's.

Because what if someone wrote 1m then added 1gold to that? Would it still say "1m"?

Somemager
08-20-2014, 11:31 AM

Because what if someone wrote 1m then added 1gold to that? Would it still say "1m"?
True.

Mothwing
08-20-2014, 11:47 AM

Just for arguments sake nobody prices items at 1,000,001. It's usually even numbers in increments of 10k, 50k, 100k, etc.

But just because there may be people that need to add weird amounts of gold to their trades, it wouldn't really work like Ruizhe said.

Fractite
08-20-2014, 12:05 PM

Nah, I think they should only put 1m if they type 1,000,000 and typing 1m will be invalid.
Also, typing 1,100,000 will show 1.1m and so on into greater decimals....

Fusionstrike
08-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Commas solve the problem. They did it in AL. They can do it here.

Motivating
08-20-2014, 01:10 PM
How do stop scamming - learn how to read numbers.
10/10, but really just don't be stupid and read the gold amount entered

Fusionstrike
08-20-2014, 02:32 PM

It's very easy to make a mistake reading a wall of zeroes. That's not stupidity; it's part of being human. That's why people invented the idea of separating with commas in the first place. Not to mention that people actively try to trick each other by entering one value then switching it to another during all the confirmations screens the trade window presents. It would be trivially easy for STS to implement separators and would vastly reduce errors.

What if your life depended on seeing a number that you would have only a second to read out loud. Get it wrong and you die. Then the number appeared. Which of these formats would you want it to be shown in with your life on the line?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Guess you're just as "stupid" as the ones you insulted.

Somemager
08-20-2014, 02:37 PM

It's very easy to make a mistake reading a wall of zeroes. That's not stupidity; it's part of being human. That's why people invented the idea of separating with commas in the first place. Not to mention that people actively try to trick each other by entering one value then switching it to another during all the confirmations screens the trade window presents. It would be trivially easy for STS to implement separators and would vastly reduce errors.

What if your life depended on seeing a number that you would have only a second to read out loud. Get it wrong and you die. Then the number appeared. Which of these formats would you want it to be shown in with your life on the line?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Guess you're just as "stupid" as the ones you insulted.

*apply cold water to burned area*

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
08-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Apply aloe vera generously to burned areas.

Somemager
08-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Apply aloe vera generously to burned areas.

What about that spray stuff wouldn't that leave a burning sensation so the burn would feel real lel.

Mothwing
08-20-2014, 03:36 PM

Or you could just read really closely and double check and triple check to make sure you're not being scammed. STS already put in a confirm option. Unless you're making trades that are over the gold cap, I really think it's pathetic if you get scammed. Tbh, I have no sympathy for people that get scammed because it tells me they weren't looking close enough at the trade. I mean it's not that hard to read zeroes...commas or not.

Fractite
08-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Commas solve the problem. They did it in AL. They can do it here.
Yeah okay I guess...

Mayaross
08-21-2014, 12:19 AM
Its been a proposal since ages yet haven't been implemented... :grumpy: