PDA

View Full Version : why do you join just to get our guild disount on pots??? change this please.. lol!

fiftyonecents
08-20-2014, 01:07 PM
Time after time after time, people join up go to our nice guild hall and buy there potions at a discounted rate, then jet'' ( leave ) what's up with that, takin advantage of guilds for there potion discount. Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

Suggestion # 1: Only recruiters are allowed to buy potions from guild hall.

Suggestion # 2: Make a minimum time requirement before you can purchase pots in guild hall at all. Thus eliminating a '' pit stop '' join ...meaning these people are guildless and plan to stay that way and when they need to buy up potions they know about the discount and join up real fast and buy in guild hall then leave.

Suggestion #3: Come up with a way to avoid these '' pit stoppers '' ?
Put a lock on new members , maybe if there was a time stamp this could be linked to the guild hall somehow , keeping you from buying pots.

Maybe nuthin can be done at all?

if there was a minimum 3 day member rule for new guild members that join up i am confident this would deter any would be guild hopper / pit stopper....lol!!!

i would love to see this implemented actually. :)

leave your thoughts down below :)

thanks for reading my post guys!

obee
08-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Maybe they should change other discounts like in shuyal tavern, the same amount as gh

fiftyonecents
08-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Maybe they should change other discounts like in shuyal, the same amount as gh

not sure what you mean by '' Shuyal'', but I see where you going with this, this would attract the ''visitors '' to go elsewhere versus taking advantage of guilds.

fiftyonecents
08-20-2014, 03:25 PM
I also propose maybe you have to complete a mission in order to get the potions at a discounted rate.

obee
08-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Haha I meant places like Windmoore tavern, shuyal tavern, etc

Schnitzel
08-20-2014, 04:41 PM
I dont like suggestion #1.

Im just a member in my guild, and i only got a few coins...if it were only limited to recruiters and higher, i think i would have ran outta potions by now..

fiftyonecents
08-20-2014, 05:47 PM

Have any new suggestions to add maybe ?

Amadorbibidor
08-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Yes I have one. (lol). What about if only Guild Master or Officer will give the permission to buy pots from the GH?. For example..
[CASE 1]
New member comes and after 3 days he has the trust of the master earned. Okay... So permission for him.
[CASE 2]
A guy comes... Hello... I'm new.. Can I have permission for pots?... KICK.. Problem smashed. Permission can be removed or recovered as master/officer wants. Do you like it fifty?

Sent from my broken phone using Tapatalk

Ipoopsy
08-22-2014, 04:35 PM
Time after time after time, people join up go to our nice guild hall and buy there potions at a discounted rate, then jet'' ( leave ) what's up with that, takin advantage of guilds for there potion discount. Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

Suggestion # 1: Only recruiters are allowed to buy potions from guild hall.

Suggestion # 2: Make a minimum time requirement before you can purchase pots in guild hall at all. Thus eliminating a '' pit stop '' join ...meaning these people are guildless and plan to stay that way and when they need to buy up potions they know about the discount and join up real fast and buy in guild hall then leave.

Suggestion #3: Come up with a way to avoid these '' pit stoppers '' ?
Put a lock on new members , maybe if there was a time stamp this could be linked to the guild hall somehow , keeping you from buying pots.

Maybe nuthin can be done at all?

if there was a minimum 3 day member rule for new guild members that join up i am confident this would deter any would be guild hopper / pit stopper....lol!!!

i would love to see this implemented actually. :)

leave your thoughts down below :)

thanks for reading my post guys!

Then you should learn to recruit better players than instead of randomly invite them into the guild.

fiftyonecents
08-22-2014, 07:34 PM
Then you should learn to recruit better players than instead of randomly invite them into the guild.

Whether you agree or not, people that join up to stop in and USE you for your guild discounted potions is a nuisance to anyone else who runs a guild. So why bother even joining ? Maybe you do this a lot that's why you seem defensive towards my topic here.

Regardless ...thanks for your response.

On that note this is just another example of how useless a guild appears to others that don't appreciate the option to participate in a guild to begin with.

Being apart of a guild should really be a privilege and it just is all about who puts in the most work really, if people just wanna freelance and play the game and not worry about socializing and only want to join random ppl that have them same short term goal as them ( beat each map one by one) I see it all the time. Its sad to hear someone tell me '' Whats the point of a guild? '' or '' Guilds are all pointless''

Well I am here to say it may seem pointless to you but in reality its a achievement not easy to come by running a guild and keeping it maintained day in and day out, we the OFFICERS and the GUILD MASTERS make it look easy in my honest opinion.

If it were up to me I would make guilds a privilege to be in....set it up to where guilds are highly sought after for some reason ...be it gold per month or something that is obtainable only through being apart of a guild. this would ultimately be the true solution and put an end to the freelancer now a days that don't seem to care or give the first thought about joining.

Ipoopsy
08-23-2014, 01:03 AM
Whether you agree or not, people that join up to stop in and USE you for your guild discounted potions is a nuisance to anyone else who runs a guild. So why bother even joining ? Maybe you do this a lot that's why you seem defensive towards my topic here.

Regardless ...thanks for your response.

On that note this is just another example of how useless a guild appears to others that don't appreciate the option to participate in a guild to begin with.

Being apart of a guild should really be a privilege and it just is all about who puts in the most work really, if people just wanna freelance and play the game and not worry about socializing and only want to join random ppl that have them same short term goal as them ( beat each map one by one) I see it all the time. Its sad to hear someone tell me '' Whats the point of a guild? '' or '' Guilds are all pointless''

Well I am here to say it may seem pointless to you but in reality its a achievement not easy to come by running a guild and keeping it maintained day in and day out, we the OFFICERS and the GUILD MASTERS make it look easy in my honest opinion.

If it were up to me I would make guilds a privilege to be in....set it up to where guilds are highly sought after for some reason ...be it gold per month or something that is obtainable only through being apart of a guild. this would ultimately be the true solution and put an end to the freelancer now a days that don't seem to care or give the first thought about joining.

I guess you didn't understand my comment well enough. What i meant is, whoever have been given the right to recruit new members, should make sure that they recruit only people who are willing to help that guild, instead of clicking on a name and invite randomly. It all started with the guild master...then the officer...

That's the reason why large guild fail because they recruit anyone and there are no unity within most large guild.

fiftyonecents
08-23-2014, 10:55 AM
I guess you didn't understand my comment well enough. What i meant is, whoever have been given the right to recruit new members, should make sure that they recruit only people who are willing to help that guild, instead of clicking on a name and invite randomly. It all started with the guild master...then the officer...

That's the reason why large guild fail because they recruit anyone and there are no unity within most large guild.

.ummm ...its one of many reasons , there is no single reason ...this isn't the master reason............lol@ that's the reason.

I took your comment the way it was written ( looks like an insult to me am I wrong?) , now my question to you is ....do you have any propositions other than indirectly saying my recruiters are not doing a good job?

Maybe do you have a proposition geared towards making GUILDS '' wanted , rather than just some other feature that is on this game ( ex: you can do dailies on certain maps BUT they only payout 500 gold or 200 gold per WHATS THE POINT? so people veer away from these dailies / quest cause its NOT WORTH THERE TIME )

Catch my drift ?

I would like to hear a proposal from you I know you might have something good for us :)

Xeusx
08-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Eva seems so greedy to get gold from new members.

fiftyonecents
08-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Eva seems so greedy to get gold from new members.

Listen..... the guild as a WHOLE benefits from having X amount of members or however would be the most suitable way to set it up.

If gold was the item used to make the guilds interesting enough for ALLLL players to want to join...then yes .. you get gold per person , well techiqually yes but no.. yes meaning all members are accounted for and its MONTHLY , no meaning you don't get paid as soon as someone pops in / joins.

Gold does not have to be the reward , but in many cases in whatever game you are playing GOLD is what drives the player to begin with GOLD allows you to buy everything you need or want so the game is no longer difficult for you to play.

if there was a monthly guild allowance that was paid out once a month I honestly think to would all of a sudden change how guilds function people will want to be in the top guilds only WHY?? because the higher you rank the MORE GOLD YOU GET! ... with that said , there will then need to be the max members amount imposed be it 1000 or 2000 members after a short while , the top guild will have picked all the best members that would suit there guild/ reputation then the extra players that didn't make it into the top guild will now need the next best guild. and so on and so on. the guild needs a motivation to be built and making the lb just isn't cutting it 100% in my honest opinion. I say make the stakes higher , the guilds get paid once a month or some other type of incentive. all I am getting at here is MAKE THE GUILDS SOMETHING EVERYONE ''WANTS''' TO BE IN as of now , you are just on your own and if you make certain achievments here and there you get aps and the more aps you have the better rank you become. when other people find out about your aps ...then they want you in there guild for one reason only TO MAKE THERE GUILD BETTER so honestly YOU the individual is doing all the work not the guild you guys are all making recruits and grouping together all these members but it only benefits the GUILD MASTER honestly. Does the guild master pay all the members ? no but the members pay the guild master ( how you ask???) I already explained it to you. with your APS. AND YOUR POSITIVE KDR / CTF/TDM.

ANYHOW I could go on all day. CAN YOU PROPOSE AN IDEA TO MAKE ALL GUILDS IN AL SET UP TO WHERE PEOPLE '' WANT TO JOIN '' ????? OR CAN ANYONE ??? I BEEN WAITING ..LOL

Thanks for your response.

Amadorbibidor
08-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Lol first time I see fifty angry xD

Sent from my old broken ugly phone using tapatalk 2 ^.^

fiftyonecents
08-23-2014, 03:29 PM
Lol first time I see fifty angry xD

not angry I am anxious to get someones propostion :)

HOW CAN WE MAKE GUILDS '' WANTED ''' rather than hey its a guild big deal type of thing.

would this not improve the other half of the game? if not half maybe portion? Portion meaning you have the Elite maps , you have the Normal Maps , and you have the Aucition house , and then Guilds.

hit me back if you might have a proposal :)

Thanks for checkin out my thread.

Amadorbibidor
08-23-2014, 04:53 PM
not angry I am anxious to get someones propostion :)

HOW CAN WE MAKE GUILDS '' WANTED ''' rather than hey its a guild big deal type of thing.

would this not improve the other half of the game? if not half maybe portion? Portion meaning you have the Elite maps , you have the Normal Maps , and you have the Aucition house , and then Guilds.

hit me back if you might have a proposal :)

Thanks for checkin out my thread.

Well..

The only way to make a guild wanted is by being nice, being active, supporting members in maps and this stuff. I recommend you to don't worry about those guys who only join for pots discount because many members of forum (including me) are suggesting to make a "ban" or "blacklist" for bad folks. That way next time a guild hopper will try to re-join your guild for event or pots, his name will be nicely added to "blacklist" and it will say: Guild join failed, you are banned from "E.G guild". People usually try to join a better guild (in ranks) for well.. nobody knows but they do it. Guilds are made to socialize, have fun and help each others. If STS will do "blacklist" then guild hoppers will get their name written with big letters in that lists and finally they will practically "run out" of guilds to hop. It's hard to know how somebody is behind a screen and it's not recruiters fault for the bad people who joins, it's nobody fault, don't get frustrated by this. I am sure that in RoaE there is a lot of good people and the family is growing. My opinion is that:

1: For preventing guilds of being hunted for pots ( I mean to constantly have people joining for pots) as I said before, masters and officers have to trust the new members and give them the "permission" to use pots. I'm not talking about verbal permission, that will be ridiculous, who cares what somebody says you to don't do? I am saying about an informatic permission like a promotion from members to recruiters but instead of this a promotion from unknow person to somebody more in guild that is searching for a guild to stay and get some friends. E.G: "Arcania" joins "Arcanium" guild and earns the trust of officers and master. One of them open their chat box and types:"/guildpermissionpromote arcania". In that moment "arcania" is able to use pots discount service. If that player lost officers or master trust but is not so bad to get booted from guild then one of them do "/guildpermissiondemote arcania". So this way if somebody is trying to join your guild just for pots he will get kicked immediately for asking: "can I have permission please?".

2. Ban or "blacklist" is something that guilds really need. If somebody joins guild "arcanium" just because in 5 min there will be a trivial and he can earn some money and after he claims his reward he leaves to search another guild who is having a trivial in little time this WON'T happen again because if officers and master see what happened then they add their name to "blacklist" and he will never be able to claim a half of coin from that guild.

Only way to make your guild wanted is (I repeat) by supporting members when they need help, being friendly and active, avoiding any dispute and if one appears by chilling down the folks who have a problem with each other,making intresting forums pages, funny trivials and constantly giving tips when people ask somebody in guild chat. Nothing more can be done. A guild needs time to get loyal members and don't get frustrated by bad people constantly joining because they will get kicked one day. Recruiters can't know if somebody is bad, they recruit only by taking a look at the stats and APs and if they reach the required stuff they are in. Only thing they can do is to hope the guy they just invited is not a scammer.

I'm not trying to bore you so I'll stop but I hope it helped and you maybe now know that many people care about what you think. Don't listen to people who just says to "get better recruiters" , because they maybe fell frustrated just because at a certain point, when they started to play, they were hopping from guild to guild too. Good luck and nice thread. Also I'll try to let you one of my threads about "blacklist" See ya in game!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=170724

fiftyonecents
08-23-2014, 05:03 PM
Well..

The only way to make a guild wanted is by being nice, being active, supporting members in maps and this stuff. I recommend you to don't worry about those guys who only join for pots discount because many members of forum (including me) are suggesting to make a "ban" or "blacklist" for bad folks. That way next time a guild hopper will try to re-join your guild for event or pots, his name will be nicely added to "blacklist" and it will say: Guild join failed, you are banned from "E.G guild". People usually try to join a better guild (in ranks) for well.. nobody knows but they do it. Guilds are made to socialize, have fun and help each others. If STS will do "blacklist" then guild hoppers will get their name written with big letters in that lists and finally they will practically "run out" of guilds to hop. It's hard to know how somebody is behind a screen and it's not recruiters fault for the bad people who joins, it's nobody fault, don't get frustrated by this. I am sure that in RoaE there is a lot of good people and the family is growing. My opinion is that:

1: For preventing guilds of being hunted for pots ( I mean to constantly have people joining for pots) as I said before, masters and officers have to trust the new members and give them the "permission" to use pots. I'm not talking about verbal permission, that will be ridiculous, who cares what somebody says you to don't do? I am saying about a informatic permission like a promotion from members to recruiters but instead of this a promotion from unknow person to somebody more in guild that is searching for a guild to stay and get some friends. E.G: "Arcania" joins "Arcanium" guild and earns the trust of officers and master. One of them open their chat box and types:"/guildpermissionpromote arcania". In that moment "arcania" is able to use pots discount service. If that player lost officers or master trust but is not so bad to get booted from guild then one of them do "/guildpermissiondemote arcania". So this way if somebody is trying to join your guild just for pots he will get kicked immediately for asking: "can I have permission please?".

2. Ban or "blacklist" is something that guilds really need. If somebody joins guild "arcanium" just because in 5 min there will be a trivial and he can earn some money and after he claims his reward he leaves for searching another guild who is having a trivial in little time this WON'T happen again because if officers and master see what happened then they add their name to "blacklist" and he will never be able to claim a half of coin from that guild.

Only way to make your guild wanted is (I repeat) by supporting members when they need help, being friendly and active, avoiding any dispute and if one appears chilling down the folks who have a problem with each other,making intresting forums pages, funny trivials and constantly giving tips when people ask somebody in guild chat. Nothing more can be done. A guild needs time to get loyal members and not getting frustrated by bad people constantly joining because they will get kicked one day. Recruiters can't know if somebody is bad, they recruit only by taking a look at the stats and APs and if they reach the requeired stuff they are in. Only thing they can do is to hope the guy they just invited is not a scammer.

I'm not trying to bore you so I'll stop but I hope it helped and you maybe now know that many people care about what you think. Don't listen to people who just says to "get better recruiters" , because they maybe fell frustrated just because at a certain point, when they started to play, they were hopping from guild to guild too. Good luck and nice thread. Also I'll try to let you one of my threads about "blacklist" See ya in game!

Agreed! +10 ..lol!!

wow you a pro too huh? ...nice response man. We do all of the above mentioned yes, I actually believe your '' Blacklist'' idea will sow up a lot of the guild hoppin bull crap. yup I could not agree more. I actually hope your '' Blacklist idea does get implemented'' while at the same time it would be hard to entrust people with this power to black list, meaning we could use it for good purposes only, and then there are the other idiots that will simply ABUSE this privilege that is long overdue and badly needed, but there needs to be a way to regulate others from ABUSING this power to black list. Maybe I need to re read your thread and get a refresher, maybe you covered this aspect already.

I def appreciate you taking time to write your response to my thread , your def not a bore to me. This is the type of constructive information that needs to take place on any thread and that is what I enjoy the most :)

Amadorbibidor
08-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Agreed! +10 ..lol!!

wow you a pro too huh? ...nice response man. We do all of the above mentioned yes, I actually believe your '' Blacklist'' idea will sow up a lot of the guild hoppin bull crap. yup I could not agree more. I actually hope your '' Blacklist idea does get implemented'' while at the same time it would be hard to entrust people with this power to black list, meaning we could use it for good purposes only, and then there are the other idiots that will simply ABUSE this privilege that is long overdue and badly needed, but there needs to be a way to regulate others from ABUSING this power to black list. Maybe I need to re read your thread and get a refresher, maybe you covered this aspect already.

I def appreciate you taking time to write your response to my thread , your def not a bore to me. This is the type of constructive information that needs to take place on any thread and that is what I enjoy the most :)

Not everyone is getting promoted to officer. Only officers and master can use "blacklist privilege" and master will take care to have trusty officers in his guild. Nobody will abuse of this and if it happens, is masters fault for promoting a bad officer. Anyway this won't happen. Abusing this will be very hard because you need to stay at least 2 weeks in a guild to get promoted to recruiter. Maybe another 2 weeks of HARD work to officer.
ty for reply but I have a question.. How you replied so fast?!?!?! O.o

fiftyonecents
08-23-2014, 06:21 PM
Not everyone is getting promoted to officer. Only officers and master can use "blacklist privilege" and master will take care to have trusty officers in his guild. Nobody will abuse of this and if it happens, is masters fault for promoting a bad officer. Anyway this won't happen. Abusing this will be very hard because you need to stay at least 2 weeks in a guild to get promoted to recruiter. Maybe another 2 weeks of HARD work to officer.
ty for reply but I have a question.. How you replied so fast?!?!?! O.o

I like to use the forum when I have time. I check the threads when I have time, and I mainly check for my threads that I have written to see if anyone has stopped in to share his or her thoughts. :)

Yes I like this plan of your. If only STS would take it seriously, meaning it is a useful tool to us player who are involved in guilds. makes our jobs easier and guilds less of a hassle if it can be put that way. Just my opinion doesn't mean its right anything I say. If possible paste your link on here I def want to look over your ''Black list '' plan see if you updated it or something.

Amadorbibidor
08-23-2014, 07:17 PM
I like to use the forum when I have time. I check the threads when I have time, and I mainly check for my threads that I have written to see if anyone has stopped in to share his or her thoughts. :)

Yes I like this plan of your. If only STS would take it seriously, meaning it is a useful tool to us player who are involved in guilds. makes our jobs easier and guilds less of a hassle if it can be put that way. Just my opinion doesn't mean its right anything I say. If possible paste your link on here I def want to look over your ''Black list '' plan see if you updated it or something.

Thank you for being intrested. Ill pass you the link but it's not finished. If you cant see it say something

Amadorbibidor
08-24-2014, 10:13 AM
Can u see the link lol? I think i am the only one who can.. :/

Zylx
08-26-2014, 12:21 AM
I will admit, however, that i have been at times responsible for this as well. I never joined a guild for potions though, but whenever i created a new, low-level twink, i would join a guild to use the stash NPC to draw out some items. Although, i would inform them that i just needed to access the stash and that i didn't plan on being a long-term member. They were still okay with that.

Serancha
08-26-2014, 12:56 AM
I had someone join Pheonix for cheap potions early last year. Now he's been running the guild with me for 14 months and is one of my closest friends. I don't think it's a bad thing (most days).

As for guild hopping, potions are not the reason people do it. They hop because they're bored, a different guild becomes trendy, they want new people, they had a lover's quarrel with an officer, they think it's cool, or whatever. Taking away the potion discount really won't change anything other than possibly causing more people to go it alone. If there's no incentive to join a guild, those people may never find a great family of friends that many guilds can provide.

In any case if solo people want a dscount they can go to taverns.

SacredKnight
08-26-2014, 01:10 AM
Seriously? If they join your guild then just buy potions and leave I really don't understand their mentality and here is why:

A) Potions are expandable so they will use them up
B) If they leave your guild are they going to another guild or going to be lonely?
B2) If they are going to another guild JUST to get potions why would they even bother to do something so time consuming
C) They really don't think it through TBH if they just want potions from a guild they should just stay in it to constantly buy potions .-.

Seriously..who does this?

fiftyonecents
08-26-2014, 06:43 PM
I had someone join Pheonix for cheap potions early last year. Now he's been running the guild with me for 14 months and is one of my closest friends. I don't think it's a bad thing (most days).

As for guild hopping, potions are not the reason people do it. They hop because they're bored, a different guild becomes trendy, they want new people, they had a lover's quarrel with an officer, they think it's cool, or whatever. Taking away the potion discount really won't change anything other than possibly causing more people to go it alone. If there's no incentive to join a guild, those people may never find a great family of friends that many guilds can provide.

In any case if solo people want a dscount they can go to taverns.

new flash Serancha.....lol

the ones that I have encountered join up here every once in a great while say hello to the guild , ask if we have a guild hall then proceed to go to our beautiful guild and purchase however many potions they need then you get the message in your chat box ( this player : has left the guild )

hence this thread

thanks for checking my thread out, thanks for your response.

I am happy that one of the would be guild hoppers made ''Phoenix'' their home but this isn't always the case for the other guilds. its a nuisance always has been always will be. My discussion rest solely on a way to deter would be ''guild hoppers'' especially from us, being that we tend to give a warm welcome to our new members and then turns out to be a waste of all of those nice warm welcomes for this person to just bounce within the first 5 mins of joining to begin with. we have taken small measures from now on in effort to avoid these types of people but there is no for sure guaranteed way to avoid it, it kind of goes with the territory I guess.

Xeusx
08-27-2014, 03:15 AM
What about the poor players who need cheap potions? Yup, they end up can't playing dungeons.

fiftyonecents
08-27-2014, 03:21 PM
What about the poor players who need cheap potions? Yup, they end up can't playing dungeons.

while I feel bad that you might be down on your luck and super low on gold , this is only one of many excuses to enter into a guild that you don't plan on staying in and you take advantage of the guild member discount for potions. then you leave.

you will be broke still at this rate if you solely depending on the guild discount, meaning you are feeding a bad habit maybe you need to conserve your items and pay attention to c.s. prices and adapt better merch techniques. no offense.

if you not referring to yourself and you are well off, then why did you even write a response here...lol

regardless ......thanks for your response :p

Candylicks
08-27-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm so nub, are the tavern pot prices same as GH? I never knew that.

Also, there are upcoming changes to the guild management system and I think some of the changes will address this exact issue.

ps... Hi 50. (:

Amadorbibidor
08-27-2014, 04:18 PM
Ok guys...

Not my stuff but let's say people only join your guild (if u don't have one imagine it lol) and they come, buy pots, and leave. Thats a super unstable guild that can't trust in anybody. These days only guilds that don't have hoppers are the ones that require lvl 40+ and maybe paragon. But other guilds that accept any level should have this privilege too.

This is not working well and guild system should be drastically changed from my opinion. I don't think people gets saved up because of 300g discount. It's just a way to try to stop this thread and stop STS thinking to get some measures on the guild hopping and this. Another opinion of me too. Maybe I'm not rite but I am sure this needs some changes.
hope it helped :/

fiftyonecents
08-27-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm so nub, are the tavern pot prices same as GH? I never knew that.

Also, there are upcoming changes to the guild management system and I think some of the changes will address this exact issue.

ps... Hi 50. (:

heyyyyyy ..lol!!!!

man if tavern prices are the same as our guild discount then what the watermelons is the guild discount for to begin with if you can simply stop in a tavern and get the same deal? this once again further validates how useless a guild can actually be , meaning sts is making it so whether you are in guild or not you can obtain the same amenities at the same prices , so guilds really don't benefit you does it?

this is what really steams me up that sts is not making the guilds a kind of need / want but instead guilds are more like just some kind of club that you CAN join if you WANT to , maybe implement something about guilds that you can ONLY get through being a guild RECRUITER not member , this would increase the popularity of guilds by 10 fold.

back to the subject , is there anyone with an idea deter people that like to take advantage of guild hoppers that just want the discount?

p.s please don't let it be true..lol!! do the taverns really sell potions at the same price as guild halls ????

Amadorbibidor
08-27-2014, 06:21 PM
heyyyyyy ..lol!!!!

man if tavern prices are the same as our guild discount then what the watermelons is the guild discount for to begin with if you can simply stop in a tavern and get the same deal? this once again further validates how useless a guild can actually be , meaning sts is making it so whether you are in guild or not you can obtain the same amenities at the same prices , so guilds really don't benefit you does it?

this is what really steams me up that sts is not making the guilds a kind of need / want but instead guilds are more like just some kind of club that you CAN join if you WANT to , maybe implement something about guilds that you can ONLY get through being a guild RECRUITER not member , this would increase the popularity of guilds by 10 fold.

back to the subject , is there anyone with an idea deter people that like to take advantage of guild hoppers that just want the discount?

p.s please don't let it be true..lol!! do the taverns really sell potions at the same price as guild halls ????

Lol no. Tavern discount is like 3% and guild like 10%

Candylicks
08-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Ah OK. Well now we don't have to check.

fiftyonecents
08-27-2014, 06:46 PM
lol no. Tavern discount is like 3% and guild like 10%

sent from my old broken ugly phone using tapatalk 2 ^.^

thanks the heavens ..lol!!

Serancha
08-27-2014, 09:15 PM
new flash Serancha.....lol

the ones that I have encountered join up here every once in a great while say hello to the guild , ask if we have a guild hall then proceed to go to our beautiful guild and purchase however many potions they need then you get the message in your chat box ( this player : has left the guild )

hence this thread

thanks for checking my thread out, thanks for your response.

I am happy that one of the would be guild hoppers made ''Phoenix'' their home but this isn't always the case for the other guilds. its a nuisance always has been always will be. My discussion rest solely on a way to deter would be ''guild hoppers'' especially from us, being that we tend to give a warm welcome to our new members and then turns out to be a waste of all of those nice warm welcomes for this person to just bounce within the first 5 mins of joining to begin with. we have taken small measures from now on in effort to avoid these types of people but there is no for sure guaranteed way to avoid it, it kind of goes with the territory I guess.

lol the guild name is Pheonix, not Phoenix, and it wasn't a hopper, it was just their stated reason for joining.

In any case, the reason many guilds implement entry requirements is to eliminate the problem of people joining and then leaving again immediately. The higher the standards, the less of a problem it becomes.

Lol no. Tavern discount is like 3% and guild like 10%

Actually the discounts are as follows:

Health Potions:
25 - Tavern 5% / Guild 9%
50 - Tavern 4.6% / Guild 9.7%
100 - Tavern 5% / Guild 9%

Mana Potions:
25 - Tavern 20% / Guild 33%
50 - Tavern 25% / Guild 38%
100 - Tavern 6.6% / Guild 24%

So as you see, you get a decent discount from the tavern, but the guild one is a bit better. The 100 mana potions is the biggest difference, so much so that it's likely a bug.

Memnoch The Devil
08-28-2014, 02:05 PM
I dont believe that most ppl that hop guilds are doing so because of the potions. Very few guilds are actually helpful, meaning you have other players online that you can play and wanna play and also they ca help you with some maps if you need. or teach you how to play.

The problem in my opinion is that anyone can make a guild, you find guilds that have gm lvl 30 or lower, officers lvl 12, and theyre not a twink guild. So the only benefit of those guilds are potions.

And this are most of the guilds that will send you a guild invite when you start playing and your still learning to play.

Guilds are very important in the moment you learned how to play and you know what you want.... till then are just used for pots and contest.

As Serancha said add some extra requirments for ppl to join your guild, stop mass recruiting and with time youll have a strong guild.

mishafeng
08-28-2014, 04:46 PM
this wouldn't deter you just buy enough to last until u can rejoin another guild (buy 2-3k pots at a time)

fiftyonecents
08-29-2014, 09:23 PM
this wouldn't deter you just buy enough to last until u can rejoin another guild (buy 2-3k pots at a time)

agreed

Xeusx
08-29-2014, 11:50 PM
So rich players win and poor players lose? Like rich players can buy pots easily and poor players can't buy the pots.

tortugarabioso
08-30-2014, 12:09 AM
Lol, good idea.

fiftyonecents
08-30-2014, 12:39 PM
I dont believe that most ppl that hop guilds are doing so because of the potions. Very few guilds are actually helpful, meaning you have other players online that you can play and wanna play and also they ca help you with some maps if you need. or teach you how to play.

The problem in my opinion is that anyone can make a guild, you find guilds that have gm lvl 30 or lower, officers lvl 12, and theyre not a twink guild. So the only benefit of those guilds are potions.

And this are most of the guilds that will send you a guild invite when you start playing and your still learning to play.

Guilds are very important in the moment you learned how to play and you know what you want.... till then are just used for pots and contest.

As Serancha said add some extra requirments for ppl to join your guild, stop mass recruiting and with time youll have a strong guild.

how many members in your guild again? you don't seem very experienced in this field no offense. I say this because you agree with serancha so easily like you not sure what you believe maybe you guild hop and you are sharing with us your side of the truth?

if so I would like to know more :)

the guild discount saves you a great deal of gold in the long run, while 5 to 10 k shaved off doesn't seem like much to the average middle class / well off players who don't really have gold issues. Its like heaven to the little guys, any discount he or she can get they will most definitely jump on it without hesitation. During my come up when I first joined Arcane Legends, there is always a network of low lvl ppl learning all the possibilities to save gold and conserve in order to get further in the game and have neat stuff. ( vanities ..lol!! ) and potions being the top of the list, WITHOUT POTIONS its only difficult for those players to continue completing maps due to poor equipment ( no gold :( )

potions is the blood and without blood you die..........hahah this is my analogy atm so excuse me.

as far as guilds not being very helpful...well this is an entirely different subject for me I could go on all day about that mess...guilds are not here to hold your hand every 5 seconds , and most certainly are not here only to cater to you individually , if you ever do come across a guild that provides that kind of service I advise you to never ever leave that guild. we are all here to play and have fun not waste our time babysitting no offense to anyone its the plain and simple truth. I lvld up all three class's on my own all capped and it wasn't easy but I did it with or without parties , I didn't need to beg for help...lol. anyways I will stop ranting for this is another subject not to get into here on this thread.

I would like to hear back from you :p

Dex Scene
09-01-2014, 02:38 AM
how many members in your guild again? you don't seem very experienced in this field no offense. I say this because you agree with serancha so easily like you not sure what you believe maybe you guild hop and you are sharing with us your side of the truth?

Why are you getting personal with the people who don't agree you? He doesn't have to be in the best of the guilds or so called famous player to know something!! -.-
calm down mate!
I don't see people hop guilds for potions either!
why would people hop guilds when every guild have the same discount!
People changes guilds for other various reason lots of people stated here already.
Now do a rude reply to this!

Serancha
09-01-2014, 05:45 AM
Why are you getting personal with the people who don't agree you? He doesn't have to be in the best of the guilds or so called famous player to know something!! -.-
calm down mate!
People changes guilds for other various reason lots of people stated here already.

I lol'd at someone having to be ignorant to agree with me. Especially since the person in question didn't agree with me, he said the opposite of what I did. This fiftyoneinsults clown is so busy trying to insult people, he doesn't even read the posts.

Xeusx
09-01-2014, 05:52 AM
After 3 page of no nice posts, no comments from moderators or devs, lol.

Amadorbibidor
09-01-2014, 06:40 AM
P
I lol'd at someone having to be ignorant to agree with me. Especially since the person in question didn't agree with me, he said the opposite of what I did. This fiftyoneinsults clown is so busy trying to insult people, he doesn't even read the posts.

Hey serancha. I readed all posts cus this theme intrested me. I don't fell like fiftyonecents insulted u. Lol he is rite. What I wanna say.. Does if the opinion of somebody is not like yours you consider it an insult? @@

Memnoch The Devil
09-01-2014, 10:52 AM

if so I would like to know more :)

the guild discount saves you a great deal of gold in the long run, while 5 to 10 k shaved off doesn't seem like much to the average middle class / well off players who don't really have gold issues. Its like heaven to the little guys, any discount he or she can get they will most definitely jump on it without hesitation. During my come up when I first joined Arcane Legends, there is always a network of low lvl ppl learning all the possibilities to save gold and conserve in order to get further in the game and have neat stuff. ( vanities ..lol!! ) and potions being the top of the list, WITHOUT POTIONS its only difficult for those players to continue completing maps due to poor equipment ( no gold :( )

potions is the blood and without blood you die..........hahah this is my analogy atm so excuse me.

as far as guilds not being very helpful...well this is an entirely different subject for me I could go on all day about that mess...guilds are not here to hold your hand every 5 seconds , and most certainly are not here only to cater to you individually , if you ever do come across a guild that provides that kind of service I advise you to never ever leave that guild. we are all here to play and have fun not waste our time babysitting no offense to anyone its the plain and simple truth. I lvld up all three class's on my own all capped and it wasn't easy but I did it with or without parties , I didn't need to beg for help...lol. anyways I will stop ranting for this is another subject not to get into here on this thread.

I would like to hear back from you :p

Sorry for the latte reply... First of all im not a gm of any guild, this is my experience as a member....

So I dont bother you with all the bla bla... I think that if you wanna ask sts something is not to make the price of pots just for certant members of the guild discounted, but rather to make the price of pots the same in guild and tavern, then you cant complain that people join your guild just to buy discounted pots.

Im in a good guild, with plenty of members that are active and helpful for me at least ( Elite Runners ). Guild hopping? hmmm ... This is my 6 guild I joined, and only "Hopped" between guilds when i reached lvl 41 because I was looking for a guild to do elite runs. I capped more then one charachter since then going thru different guilds with them, and from my experience the guilds that are good have active members close to your lvl that are playing and also help you with an advice or two if needed, especially when you start playing. I didnt find no guilds that recruit low levels charachters where you can find a party for runs or lvl up ( maybe because they do a lot of blind recruiting, just to increase numbers, and most of the guild members dont know how to use guild chat). Is more fun to run with a guild party then to do pug runs, at least for me.

Most people when they start playing, join guilds first because STS gives them goal to join a guild, then they start changing guilds because of contest, because they need the money ( I say that bcs i was a officer in a start up guild where alot of low levels players joined because of contest. I also learned that high levels will not stay in a guild if they dont have lots of players close to theyre levels. So from that i understood that you have higher chances to have a good guild if you have like a nich guild, meaning for certain levels, and you can only do that for lvl 36+, or twinks.

Guilds that have all levels is hard to be a good guild, because is hard to have a high number of active members for all levels so everybody can find a party ( lets be honest everybody wants to run with lvls that are close to his level or higher)

If people are joining your guild just to buy pots, or most of them, then your recruiting policy is really bad. I wasnt in any guild that members just joined to buy pots. They join and leave because of blind recruiting, not being a match with theyre needs. I dont know much about your guild, so idk how it is, but if the number in your guild decrease is not because of people joining to buy pots. The numbers of people joining to buy pots for a guild i think is not important as long as the guild has lots of active members.

In my opinion if you wanna check a guild lvl 36+ for guidance i would suggest checking Absolute, they ranked up in lb quite fast, event if someone kicked the members. As i said i have more then one charachter, but my mains are in Elite Runners

Good luck with your guild

Dex Scene
09-01-2014, 11:55 PM
Ofcourse. There were a guy X. He was in Y guild. He hoped to KARMA, MAGNUM for pvp and to get pro end game experience not because they were giving him discounts on pots. Like seriously who hop guilds for pots lmao.

fiftyonecents
09-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Sorry for the latte reply... First of all im not a gm of any guild, this is my experience as a member....

So I dont bother you with all the bla bla... I think that if you wanna ask sts something is not to make the price of pots just for certant members of the guild discounted, but rather to make the price of pots the same in guild and tavern, then you cant complain that people join your guild just to buy discounted pots.

Im in a good guild, with plenty of members that are active and helpful for me at least ( Elite Runners ). Guild hopping? hmmm ... This is my 6 guild I joined, and only "Hopped" between guilds when i reached lvl 41 because I was looking for a guild to do elite runs. I capped more then one charachter since then going thru different guilds with them, and from my experience the guilds that are good have active members close to your lvl that are playing and also help you with an advice or two if needed, especially when you start playing. I didnt find no guilds that recruit low levels charachters where you can find a party for runs or lvl up ( maybe because they do a lot of blind recruiting, just to increase numbers, and most of the guild members dont know how to use guild chat). Is more fun to run with a guild party then to do pug runs, at least for me.

Most people when they start playing, join guilds first because STS gives them goal to join a guild, then they start changing guilds because of contest, because they need the money ( I say that bcs i was a officer in a start up guild where alot of low levels players joined because of contest. I also learned that high levels will not stay in a guild if they dont have lots of players close to theyre levels. So from that i understood that you have higher chances to have a good guild if you have like a nich guild, meaning for certain levels, and you can only do that for lvl 36+, or twinks.

Guilds that have all levels is hard to be a good guild, because is hard to have a high number of active members for all levels so everybody can find a party ( lets be honest everybody wants to run with lvls that are close to his level or higher)

If people are joining your guild just to buy pots, or most of them, then your recruiting policy is really bad. I wasnt in any guild that members just joined to buy pots. They join and leave because of blind recruiting, not being a match with theyre needs. I dont know much about your guild, so idk how it is, but if the number in your guild decrease is not because of people joining to buy pots. The numbers of people joining to buy pots for a guild i think is not important as long as the guild has lots of active members.

In my opinion if you wanna check a guild lvl 36+ for guidance i would suggest checking Absolute, they ranked up in lb quite fast, event if someone kicked the members. As i said i have more then one charachter, but my mains are in Elite Runners

Good luck with your guild

thanks for getting back :)

I appreciate the theral insight, I completely understand what you are saying now. Makes perfect sense to me, the potions discount is one of many reasons , not the ONLY reason. As for me and my guild we are well off and have many good players who enjoy being apart of us. it all happened randomly throughout last few weeks or so hence my thread :) a few people joined and left there after being in our guild hall for few moments , I checked up on them as I usually to so see how we can improve if they ever would like to stay with us, and the last few mentioned they only joined for potions discount. this is def not an ongoing situation for us, it was just a small topic in the back of my mind that I wanted to share in my thread with the rest of the community and thus far it has received many replies to my surprise.

I appreciate you taking the time to write me back.

best regards,

fifty

fiftyonecents
09-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Ofcourse. There were a guy X. He was in Y guild. He hoped to KARMA, MAGNUM for pvp and to get pro end game experience not because they were giving him discounts on pots. Like seriously who hop guilds for pots lmao.

dex ,

thanks for the x and y scenario it was well thought out :)

thanks for your response :p

fiftyonecents
09-06-2014, 01:52 PM
clown?:eagerness:

insults from you don't even remotely bother me so please spare me your petty comments.

insecure much?

lets cut to the chase ...mature people don't have to insult just to communicate so whats your little problem sweety pie did you not get enough potions hahahah

maybe you were just bored..lol

clown? :eagerness:

you are not the player I thought you to be, just another individual who lingers about my threads looking for cheap shots. this is who I am and I say what I am feeling, if you don't like it get off my threads and move on to the next, no one forced you to type here with a gun in your big mouth with one in the chamber waiting to blow your brains out the back of your head did they?

this is you showing your anger because you don't agree and you want to try and control my thread ..lol at CLOWN

everyone lets thank little control freak SERANCHY if this gets locked up huh...heheheh

tata for now sweety. hope your day gets better?

fiftyonecents
09-06-2014, 01:54 PM
After 3 page of no nice posts, no comments from moderators or devs, lol.

why you want a locked up post so badly ? are you bored as well?

fiftyonecents
09-06-2014, 01:57 PM
calm down mate!

didn't get personal dude so chillax , he understood what I said and responded back so mind your self we have it under control. no need for your silly antics.

you be okay little buddy its okay. we can be friends how about that.

so back to the subject...........

do you have any ideas for the potions or no?

Dex Scene
09-06-2014, 04:20 PM
didn't get personal dude so chillax , he understood what I said and responded back so mind your self we have it under control. no need for your silly antics.

you be okay little buddy its okay. we can be friends how about that.

so back to the subject...........

do you have any ideas for the potions or no?

You dont want me to get personal and then call my writings silly antics.
anyway yes i have an idea.
Why not try to learn to love the way it is now?
Some guildies getting potions at discounts some are not is such unfair stuff and i don't see it getting implemented in game ever.
As i said noone hops guilds for potions as every guilds have same discount rate. People joined and left your guild was not for potions i can bet and for some other reasons.
Anyway iam outta here cuz this thread is full of flamings and i dont see any smart reasons to not let some people have lil discounts on potions from gh.

Amadorbibidor
09-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Easy guys, it's finally a game, don't go for bad discussions for this

It's a forum and people should be nice to each other. Nobody here is stupid, I think everybody is pretty smart just for using forum... Most of guys that use forum do an effort to make an account. Stupid people see they don't know something, they don't join a guild because they don't fell able to make friends and ask them ( join guild for asking), never think to lose time in forum, close game, settings, uninstall. It's just the difference between the opinions of users, nothing to have to badly discuss about. Anyway.. 99,5% of arcane legends players are smart, it's an rpg game and not everybody install it, some of the other ppl preffer easy, simple games.

I'm replying this because I see no dev is willing to do it. This thread is having some bad parts and they should told us to calm down lmao. Fifty, I agree it's a bad part of the game the guild hopping etc.. But you are taking it too personal. Anyway I think it's worthless to do this if no developer is taking a look at this and we gonna talk a lot for nothing, instead of using bad words (not talking only about u, talking in general) we should try to be nice to each other and discuss this civilizated. Maybe they will take a look at the thread and then maybe they will think about it. If they see bad comportament then we will just. earn a "close the thread" button pressed and only less battery on our phones. Everybody who replied on this thread had a part of truth, maybe not all, but they are all trying, thats more important. Enjoy forum don't get mad everytime you open it.

GL bro
-Ama