PDA

View Full Version : AL should have AI adjusting to you (sprung this off a thread)

obee
08-20-2014, 02:44 PM
So I was looking at a thread about simplifying AI, and I thought about FIFA and NHL 14, sports games that I play. What makes them so fun, throughout the game, the AI adjusts to the way you play. If I'm using Ronaldo 90% of the time down the right wing, the AI might adjust and change to a format that stops Ronaldo. This might be really hard to make in AL, but why not have it. Make it through an elite run, it gets harder as the AI knows your tendencies, or their tendencies change throughout the run, making it harder for you. Any input?

fiftyonecents
08-20-2014, 06:23 PM
So I was looking at a thread about simplifying AI, and I thought about FIFA and NHL 14, sports games that I play. What makes them so fun, throughout the game, the AI adjusts to the way you play. If I'm using Ronaldo 90% of the time down the right wing, the AI might adjust and change to a format that stops Ronaldo. This might be really hard to make in AL, but why not have it. Make it through an elite run, it gets harder as the AI knows your tendencies, or their tendencies change throughout the run, making it harder for you. Any input?

hmm I think I get it...so the enemy can learn your fighting style is that what you saying ? like they will pick up on an algorithm, and the map adjusted to your set up and the way you kill the enemy...hmm wouldn't the map become super hard ? or is that what you are goin for?

if you do wish it to adapt to each players different strategies then I see where you might be going with this, meaning you can park and sneak around like the enemies are just treated like zombies with one mission on the game which is only to attack you if you get within a certain meter of there proximity.

interesting idea .

nice thread :)