PDA

View Full Version : Stacking ability effect on a char hit with AA of the same pet. bug?

epicrrr
08-21-2014, 04:30 AM
Ok, Ive just noticed yesterday since we've clashed with people who used 4 SAMAEL. Me and my team mates were "dancing" (panic) for 5-6 sec. My observation was samaels ability has stacked, thus after the first samaels aa is finished the seconds samael takes it place and so forth instantly thus resulting in a very long panic.

It shouldve have been when the first samaels ability hit we should be panicked for the aa duration, and when the second samaels ability hit while were under the first sam's aa it should count as "miss"?

any opinion? or any dev care to shed light?

Arachnophobik
08-21-2014, 05:12 AM
i dont think it stacks like that, but since pvp has no panic immunity, they dont really hit samael panic all at the same time, lets say theres about a few millisecond interval, player1 stuns you, after 30 milliseconds the player2 stuns again, so before the first one was even finished, the second one is already in effect and so on. i could be wrong though, but thats just my theory.

Anarchist
08-21-2014, 05:51 AM
It would be cool overall if panic had its own panic immunity.
Since no other skill can panic except a pets AA, panic will still be slighty better than stun but stacking Sam and Slag would be less effective

Alhuntrazeck
08-21-2014, 06:17 AM
I've been campaigning for panic immunity for a long time. Its ridiculous how a team can theoretically be stunlocked for approximately 5 samaels * 2s stun = 10s + fireball's 2s = 12s. Sure it will decrease the value of these panic pets but heck theyre way too high anyway.

epicrrr
08-21-2014, 08:34 AM
i dont think it stacks like that, but since pvp has no panic immunity, they dont really hit samael panic all at the same time, lets say theres about a few millisecond interval, player1 stuns you, after 30 milliseconds the player2 stuns again, so before the first one was even finished, the second one is already in effect and so on. i could be wrong though, but thats just my theory.

Ok try this, or notice this; have someone use vixen's AA on you and a pet with panic or stun aa. You will notice that right after you were thrown you will instantly do panic dance motion. So AA really stack, PVP pet ability hit on AA progression is kinda flawed dev should really check.

I've been campaigning for panic immunity for a long time. Its ridiculous how a team can theoretically be stunlocked for approximately 5 samaels * 2s stun = 10s + fireball's 2s = 12s. Sure it will decrease the value of these panic pets but heck theyre way too high anyway.

Panic is ok, as long you will only get 1 panic if all 5 samael used AA at the same time, whats been happening is *if lets say 3 of those panic hit then you will do panic effect 3x and if panic last for 2 sec you will be dancing for 6 sec.

Ebezaanec
08-21-2014, 08:54 AM
I don't mind the panic feature being used.. But there should be a period when panic won't activate until x amount of time has passed after the last aa.

Kinda like HoR's nerf.. Not in the sense of the cooldown time, but the overall concept of not letting them stack.

Energizeric
08-21-2014, 08:57 AM
Well that is why Samael sells for 30m. I kept waiting for them to change this, but he's been out for a year now and they have not, so I finally bit the bullet and spent most of my gold and bought him.

epicrrr
08-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Well that is why Samael sells for 30m. I kept waiting for them to change this, but he's been out for a year now and they have not, so I finally bit the bullet and spent most of my gold and bought him.

This will happen to 5 slag or 5 ripmaw, a pure stun lock with pet AA, yes even vixen try stacking 2 and you will be thrown off 2x the distance.

Jurmans
08-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Ok try this, or notice this; have someone use vixen's AA on you and a pet with panic or stun aa. You will notice that right after you were thrown you will instantly do panic dance motion. So AA really stack, PVP pet ability hit on AA progression is kinda flawed dev should really check.

... Ur saying to use 2 different aa's now, different aa's mostly stack (little bear and ironbite for eg.).

The aa of 1 pet will not stack or it atleast won't stack with 2 littlbears or ironbites.

eugene9707
08-21-2014, 10:40 AM
so basically sam replace mages in the stun lock department. mage got nerf and not sam, way to go mages xD

Energizeric
08-21-2014, 10:57 AM
It seems that buffs and debuffs do not stack, but other effects from pets such as panic or pulls/pushes and even Shady & Surge's pools do indeed stack.

extrapayah
08-21-2014, 11:08 AM
well, i think all kinds of disabling effect should stack, having a restriction of 'something stunned can't be stunned again' is just too cruel in any online game (where lags are normal)
what should be done is decrease the duration especially if it is done to players (or bosses in pve)

probably make it become 0.5 to 1 second if the target is player or bosses

epicrrr
08-21-2014, 01:16 PM
well, i think all kinds of disabling effect should stack, having a restriction of 'something stunned can't be stunned again' is just too cruel in any online game (where lags are normal)
what should be done is decrease the duration especially if it is done to players (or bosses in pve)

probably make it become 0.5 to 1 second if the target is player or bosses

Well i guess the duration of disabling effect should be nerfed by 0.5 or idk i have only experiencde this on 5v5 lvl 13 so i dont know other levels dilemma regarding stacking panic/stun.

Alhuntrazeck
08-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Well i guess the duration of disabling effect should be nerfed by 0.5 or idk i have only experiencde this on 5v5 lvl 13 so i dont know other levels dilemma regarding stacking panic/stun.

At L41, Samael has a 10% chance to panic on auto attack. This, as you can guess, results in a whole lot of panics here at endgame! Either panic immunity should be implemented, or Samael's auto attack panic be changed to say 5%.